Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, drafan said:

Make-up overload = Fundy heaven.  I'm sure someone here will identify the store.

My first thought on seeing that picture was “Hey, Jana went to Nordstrom Rack!”  but that’s based on nothing more than a vague resemblance to my local one (which isn’t in Southern California).

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Tasya said:

That's a great picture of Jana, she looks lovely. She should move to LA with Jinger and Jeremy. 

Oh lord, they can live without any other Duggers all in their business.  Allowing those deadweights into their fun life sounds like a total drag.  An occasional visit is more than enough, I'd imagine.

3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Me too! 

Absofuckinloutely!  

• Love 7

Jana must be turning down men for at least 10 years. Great for her, but these are her options? What a fucking depressing life to garden and doodle her life away. 

I also love Jinger’s shoes but I love a lot of color. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

That would be interesting for a minute.  Would Jinger regresss under the watchful eyes of her oldest sister mom or would Jana be pulled to the dark side as a pants wearing heathen? 

I suspect that Jana is a judgmental drag and will harsh Jinger's mellow if she stays in LA for long. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I thought Jinger stopped drinking coffee for "health reasons." Maybe it's decaf, but her coffee shop posts the past couple of days read "caffeinated."

Two of her commentors specifically asked Jinger if she was drinking regular coffee again.  She hasn't responded yet.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I thought Jinger stopped drinking coffee for "health reasons."

Maybe she stopped while pregnant/ breastfeeding, and now she no longer is? Or maybe the pull of caffeine is just too strong... or she needs to give herself some kind of reward for putting up with Fancypants?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

This has to be the worst picture of Jeremy yet.

I'm nowhere near as vain about my appearance as he seems to be, but if I were him, I'd be super pissed at my spouse for posting that publicly. It is not flattering at all. His head looks like it's ready to implode. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

It looks to me like Jer's intentionally being funny in that shot? 

Always hard to tell in pics like that...but it looks to me like he was joking around....with young Simba under his arm and everything? 

And, if so, I like him a lot better having seen this picture! I've seldom if ever seen any actual humor in him. And this, to me anyway, works way better than his usual attempts at wit and ditches the stuffy, I've-been-grooming-my-clothes-in-the-mirror-for-an-hour thing. So I'm going to go with -- He was being funny and didn't mind looking silly....and it worked. (worked on me, at least, and I'm always a skeptic.) 

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Always hard to tell in pics like that...but it looks to me like he was joking around....with young Simba under his arm and everything? 

And, if so, I like him a lot better having seen this picture! I've seldom if ever seen any actual humor in him. And this, to me anyway, works way better than his usual attempts at wit and ditches the stuffy, I've-been-grooming-my-clothes-in-the-mirror-for-an-hour thing. So I'm going to go with -- He was being funny and didn't mind looking silly....and it worked. (worked on me, at least, and I'm always a skeptic.) 

I have a feeling he was being goofy too. No way I would take a serious shot like that! 

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

But he has been grooming his clothes for an hour!  Look at the meticulously folded pocket square!  They seem to be at an event in a fancy tent.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, louannems said:

But he has been grooming his clothes for an hour!  Look at the meticulously folded pocket square!  They seem to be at an event in a fancy tent.

After party for that event they went to last week?  

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, louannems said:

True, but at least he's making a funny face at the same time! 

I figure this is a different part of the same Discovery event they went to? Serengeti....stuffed lion cub .... etc. .... ?

• Love 6
12 hours ago, lascuba said:

I suspect that Jana is a judgmental drag and will harsh Jinger's mellow if she stays in LA for long. 

I don't think so. Recall that when Jinger and/or Jana used to express any "free thought", Jill was the downer and the one that tsk'd, tsk'd at them. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Tasya said:

I don't think so. Recall that when Jinger and/or Jana used to express any "free thought", Jill was the downer and the one that tsk'd, tsk'd at them. 

Oh, yeah, Jill is number #1 in that department, but considering that Jana:

1. is the authority of the house and the Joy would threaten the kids with if they misbehaved

2. is close friends with both Priscilla Waller AND Michael Bates

I think she might be a  judgmental hag with a major superiority complex. Jill is the perky bossy type everyone rolls their eyes at. Jana is the quiet authority who doesn't tattle because she'll punish you herself. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jeremy, it's August 1. I seriously doubt school has started yet. Sleuths, please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Classes start the 13th. He might have orientation or an on campus job?

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

Classes start the 13th. He might have orientation or an on campus job?

Someone here (?) suggested that Jer is working as an associate pastor somewhere. That wouldn't necessitate him going to the SEMINARY!!!!!!121 He was very deliberate about slipping in that tidbit. 

• Useful 1

I'm wondering if Jer really needs those glasses in his pocket or are they just for show as is the fancy pen.* 

I'm not in the workplace anymore but do men carry their glasses that way (hanging out of the pocket vs in the pocket)? 

* I remember in a previous post he stated he prefers fountain pens. Of course he does.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Someone here (?) suggested that Jer is working as an associate pastor somewhere. That wouldn't necessitate him going to the SEMINARY!!!!!!121 He was very deliberate about slipping in that tidbit. 

Not necessarily an associate pastor. I know there is a lot of speculation about how he is paying for this program. Since they don't have TA type positions, he could have some other kind of appointed position. I've worked in both higher education and a large church. There are many positions that I could see Jeremy in that would fot his personality and have more to do with currying favor than other skills, and that he would be using as a stepping stone in the organization.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Great. And now she’s ruined sushi for me forevermore.

Don't let anyone ruin sushi for you! 

Certainly not any Duggars or Duggar-adjacents. Just think of them as living on a different planet. Where stuff that looks like sushi is not sushi, but something else that you don't like at all. Seriously. 

After all, they do live on a different planet. 😄

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

It looks like a cooked lobster tail on the rice. Prawn is a traditional form of sushi, but that is too big for a prawn. What is this party? Jer seems to have hit the expensive part of the buffet. 

It’s that F-list premiere thingie, isn’t it? Or does RFP frequently complete his ensemble by tucking a toy stuffed lion into his armpit?

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, awaken said:

I’m bummed that Instagram pics no longer come through on my feed here- just a big blank space. Anyone else?

I can still see them. Hmm I wonder what's going on?

9 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Don't let anyone ruin sushi for you! 

Certainly not any Duggars or Duggar-adjacents. Just think of them as living on a different planet. Where stuff that looks like sushi is not sushi, but something else that you don't like at all. Seriously. 

After all, they do live on a different planet. 😄

Yes! Sushi is awesome. Don't let anyone spoil it!

It's probably just cake made to look like sushi anyway.  😉😁

• LOL 2
8 hours ago, awaken said:

I’m bummed that Instagram pics no longer come through on my feed here- just a big blank space. Anyone else?

They don't show up on my work computer anymore because IT put on a filter, but they show up on my phone.   Could it be your antivirus software or ad blocker?  You may check the settings on them to see if that's the problem. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

They don't show up on my work computer anymore because IT put on a filter, but they show up on my phone.   Could it be your antivirus software or ad blocker?  You may check the settings on them to see if that's the problem. 

Same thing here.  I can see them fine on my own laptop and phone, but I get a blank on my work computer and phone.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Marigold said:

These two eat out A LOT.   Those coffees aren't cheap, are they?  Well dressed too.  

They are a long way from Tater Tot Casserole and thrift stores.  Jim Bob really looks like a dick now for telling Jeremy that he needs a second job because Jinger likes to shop.  Seems that Rev. Fancy Pants found a pot of gold. 

Seems that way.

In real life, though, I've noticed that it can be hard to tell from people's spending habits whether they really are well fixed or whether they're just spending some single windfall -- or using credit -- in the expectation that they will be well fixed.  And if that's the case, that "will be" may or may not pan out. 

Seeing both of them sign up for Cameo makes me wonder, for example. Would they really do that if they weren't feeling a little pressure to bring in cash?

And a good proportion of the restaurants they've gone to -- like the coffee place -- are relatively new or new to California. Between these two, they (at least appear to) have over a million and a half instagram followers. (I'm sure there's a lot of overlap, although that still puts them at a million plus...) They send out carefully created posts broadcasting the names of those restaurants...so it wouldn't surprise me if they're getting a fair amount of that food and drink for free or at least at a discount, in exchange for spreading the word to all those people --

I don't know about the Poke place, but that coffee chain is aggressively expanding in quite a few cities right now, so the restaurant could definitely figure that publicizing themselves to a national fanbase of over a million people was worth a couple of coffees. 

(Plus, as far as I've seen, all the places have been in the low-to-medium price range for LA-area restaurants -- so the restaurants can afford a few free meals in exchange for all that publicity....) 

I'm sure that, one way or another, Jer's now getting his seminary education free -- also in exchange for providing publicity, although I expect he may think it has more to do with his amazing preaching talents and potential as a top pastor. He's probably also brown-nosed his way into some kind of part-time personal-flunky assistant job on MacArthur's staff, too. They may well be staying in guest house or mother-in-law apartment or the like at the home of some seminary-connected person at greatly reduced rent as well. 

This is all the kind of stuff that can make you think you'll be on easy street from here on in. But it's also the kind of stuff that can portend that....or can just dry up in a second when the current situation is over. Jer strikes me as somebody who's had very high hopes for himself all along and is likely to see the current windfall as a pretty solid guarantee of how well employed and well paid he'll be in the future. 

But he may be right about that or he may be wrong. He wouldn't be the first person who's miscalculated in that kind of situation. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15

I really don't think they eat out that much. With 30ish days a month and they post what 5 or 6 pictures? Some of food and some of coffee.

And in the last few weeks TLC and family have been there.

For all we know they're eating Ramen (doubtful) when they're home. SM can be very deceiving. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

social media is full of people lying and presenting their best side! 

These two know how to work social media also.

Remember their first year? We thought they were not going to be a public couple.  Thought they were the couple that didn't want the circus.  HA! We were so, so wrong.  

They emerged with the shock photo of Jinger in shorts!  It's been social media manipulation ever since.  

• Love 11

I've looked, but maybe I'm just missing it, but have Jing & Jermy posted some thoughts and prayers for El Paso yet?  A few comforting words for the community they showed off & bragged about being such a part of?  

Edited by Steff
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Steff said:

I've looked, but maybe I'm just missing it, but have Jing & Jermy posted some thoughts and prayers for El Paso yet?  A few comforting words for the community they showed off & bragged about being such a part of?  

They lived in Laredo, not El Paso. Laredo is 600 miles from El Paso (yes, Texas is big).

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 15
18 hours ago, Marigold said:

These two eat out A LOT.   Those coffees aren't cheap, are they?  Well dressed too.  

They are a long way from Tater Tot Casserole and thrift stores.  Jim Bob really looks like a dick now for telling Jeremy that he needs a second job because Jinger likes to shop.  Seems that Rev. Fancy Pants found a pot of gold. 

Hahahaha that was a dick move! It also made me think, at the time, that Jeremy's family had money. The way he laughed it off and said, "thrift store shopping is expensive?" was funny, but at the time I was thinking, "you're a barely employed pastor, probably making a pittance, living in an apartment with bars on the windows. You're now taking on a stay at home wife, with basically one part time-ish job between you. If you were worried about finances, I wouldn't blame you: gas, rent, utilities, car payments, insurance, food, etc. You realistically might not have much in the budget for even thrift store shopping!" A lot of men are against having a housewife because of costs, even if they make good money! At that point, I doubt Jeremy really knew how much they would earn from the show, and it can't be thaaaaat much, split between all the couples, jana, and the twins! He laughed at the idea of shopping being expensive like a doctor's child would, and then in true upper class fashion, scrapped the thrift stores and introduced Jinger to brooks brothers. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Remember “perpendicular”? Can you say, “hypocritical”?

A7014B35-0D7E-492D-8FBB-FE85E8CE7722.jpeg

How nice of Jer to remind us all to be submissive and obedient.  Did Jinger forget to iron his pocket squares?

• LOL 18
  • Love 1