Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

He acknowledged someone who gave his child a balloon by name and title. I don't consider that to be brown-nosing. Brown-nosing would be "Felicity was given a balloon by the great and talented and always inspirational _______. He always gives the best sermons and inspires me to be better". or something along those lines. Really I think Jeremy could say "Hey here's a guy holding my kid" and get lambasted for it. 

Edited by Tasya
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Remember “perpendicular”? Can you say, “hypocritical”?

A7014B35-0D7E-492D-8FBB-FE85E8CE7722.jpeg

I don't remember perpendicular. 

I get the feeling this is aimed as a middle of the road political statement. Don't shoot people; be nice to them instead! But don't criticize our leaders for doing nothing either!

I don't feel the least bit inspired by this statement, at least in any positive sense. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I don't remember perpendicular. 

I get the feeling this is aimed as a middle of the road political statement. Don't shoot people; be nice to them instead! But don't criticize our leaders for doing nothing either!

I don't feel the least bit inspired by this statement, at least in any positive sense. 

I was surprised by all the positive comments to this Twitter post because it is so middle of the road.  I don't expect Jeremy to go against MacArthur and specifically call out white supremacy though.  Jeremy is going to parrot whatever his idol says. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, allonsyalice said:

is it weird im surprised he doesnt have a macbook?

That is an Apple laptop. It’s running Mac OS. Looks to be one of the current generation of MacBook Pro. 

The teacher is draining the life out of me through that picture. At least we can count on Reverend Pompas Ass to be himself in class.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Speaking of scholars, apparently school started today.

Apparently they're a little confused in the administration office. The seminary's online calendar still says fall semester starts August 13. 😵

• LOL 6
41 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

That is an Apple laptop. It’s running Mac OS. Looks to be one of the current generation of MacBook Pro. 

The teacher is draining the life out of me through that picture. At least we can count on Reverend Pompas Ass to be himself in class.

LMAO can you tell I need to wear my glasses more!?!? Thank you. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Misslindsey said:

He will preach a death sermon while holding Felicity for an additional $20!

An extra $5 and he pinches her cheeks to make her cry at the sad parts!

• LOL 16
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, Jeremy's well-placed book is "Preaching."

That book may belong to the person sitting to Jeremy's right. Looks like it's sitting on a closed laptop. However, if Jeremy doesn't own the book he probably needs to get a copy. Because his preaching needs all the improvement he can find from any source. 

I totally agree that the scene looks soul-killing. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

That book may belong to the person sitting to Jeremy's right. Looks like it's sitting on a closed laptop. However, if Jeremy doesn't own the book he probably needs to get a copy. Because his preaching needs all the improvement he can find from any source. 

I totally agree that the scene looks soul-killing. 

I notice that "Preaching" is by John MacArthur. So I expect Jer actually has about 20 copies squirreled away somewhere.....   ;  )

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Another Pretentious Picture.  APP for short. 

Coffee, computer and is that a Bible?  What book is that? 

Another question:  He doesn't have social media so he took the picture, texted it to Jinger who posted it for him? How does that work? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4

It doesn't look like the book is his, because it's on top of another computer. Those tables are normally two person tables so he should have a seatmate to the side. I don't understand the social media question, it's posted from his account. 

• Love 1
Just now, Tasya said:

It doesn't look like the book is his, because it's on top of another computer. Those tables are normally two person tables so he should have a seatmate to the side. I don't understand the social media question, it's posted from his account. 

Jeremy claims he has no access to social media accounts on his phone.  He uses Jinger's phone.  Too much temptation to be on his phone all day or too much temptation of women?          Sorry I wasn't clearer. 

How does this work if he is in class?  He texted the photo to Jinger and she posted it? Is that how Jeremy posts things?  

• Love 8

Well he's using a computer. I'm assuming he sent himself the image and posted it through the web interface. Unless he's also said he doesn't use social media on his computer. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Tasya said:

Well he's using a computer. I'm assuming he sent himself the image and posted it through the web interface. Unless he's also said he doesn't use social media on his computer. 

That’s probably what happened. These people love the letter of the law but not the spirit of the law.  Posting from the web interface is totally different than posting from a cell phone. Just like you’re not “watching TV “if you’re watching Netflix through to a laptop instead of a 50 inch screen. 

Just wait, in a few years he will be explaining to Jingle about how oral sex technically isn’t sex. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, Tasya said:

Unless there's a different version for a verified account, you can't upload photos from the web version. You can view your timeline, notifications, and other people's stories, but you can't actually upload without the app. I guess he could have a desktop app (like Flume - we use it at work for our work Instagram), but that seems like a lot of work to seem like you don't care enough about social media to keep Insta on your phone.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Unless there's a different version for a verified account, you can't upload photos from the web version.

You can, it just takes some maneuvering through the "Tools" menu on your browser (said by someone with an Instagram account but not a smartphone...)

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I don't know @Churchhoney, about family money. They all seem to live modestly and Jeremy was in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment before he met Jinger.

This house has me curious though, $4000 a month rent or a nearly $3500 a month mortgage seems very steep. It doesn't seem likely it's TLC money unless somehow J & J negotiated a great contract with them.

I also find it odd that not even super sleuths can find out what's truly in the contracts of reality show folks. It appears to be a tightly kept secret.

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, zenme said:

I’m thinking he uses TLC money and whatever TLC money Jinger brought pre-marriage. 

They had about $90-100k equity in the Laredo house, which I imagine is being used to pay the rent now. I don't think they have the cash to be paying off a $575k mortgage. The show doesn't pay *that* well, what with the pot being divvied up several different ways.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

$675,000 for 1800 sq.ft?  That’s why it’s the dirty, dirty south for me!  That amount will get you at least 3,500-4,000 sq. ft. here.  Granted, it’s hot as the devil’s balls and we get hurricanes, but your money goes a heck of a lot further.  

That actually sounds really inexpensive to me.  A condo (2 bed) would cost more than that where I am (90 min north).  Not that I could afford it but surprised it is so low.

• Love 10