Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, Libby96 said:

I find the Jinger and JerMe (love that nickname) dynamic interesting.  They both appear to be getting what they want, but they are there by virtue of being together.  Without being married to a Famous Duggar Daughter, JerMe would be just another washed-up soccer player entering the next phase of his life by attending seminary.  Jinger would still have her Duggar “fame”, but would likely never have achieved her big city “dream” without a husband willing to take her there.  She would be living in Arkansas pregnant with the second or third in a stream of kids.

Either way, they aren’t that exciting and I reallly don’t see why people, myself included, pay them any mind.  Yet here I am! 😂

You need to include the little one in that dynamic. Without her, they ain't all that special.

Jer and Jing have obviously sold their souls to TLC.  Nothing good ever comes from that. TLC takes, exploits, and then takes even more.  Will Jer be able to follow the TLC script while attending school?  Can Jing make her little one perform on demand like the Gosselin children? 

Sometimes the lure of easy money clouds the brain!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, DCCme said:

Reverend Preachy Pants is actually on the “throwing it back to Miami Vice” trend. I just got back from three weeks of work travel in Europe where I discovered that the latest stylish male fashion is what I started calling growth spurt pants.  These were often worn sockless.  Everywhere - the office in London , the streets of Lisbon, a wedding in Glasgow, grown men wearing slightly too short pants with flashy socks or no socks. 

I now and then see male celebrities without socks when they're out an about at an award show or a TV talk show.  I don't think it's a good look but what do I know?

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I now and then see male celebrities without socks when they're out an about at an award show or a TV talk show.  I don't think it's a good look but what do I know?

I’m with you.  It’s not a good look.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, zoomama said:

THIS!  well said. i consider myself an 'evangelical, non-denominational christian'.  this paragraph in particular sums it up perfectly:

'The women, as well as the men, are well-educated and hold responsible (secular) jobs. They wear makeup, go to movies, watch TV, take vacations to fun places, and many of them enjoy a social alcoholic drink. Many of them are also active in their churches, and will be the first ones who turn out to help when someone needs it. Most of my relatives don't harangue me about Jesus, although I think they deeply believe they are supposed to spread the Gospel.'

could not have described me better. i am so less like the dugger version - i dont force feed anyone my beliefs. i will happily share if the timing is appropriate but i keep it non-confrontational.  i guess that is where my perspective on the Lord and heaven vacillates off the path from the dugger version. 

ITA, this is me as well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

There's many sayings that have been around for years, such as, "it's not what you know, it's who you know", and other variations of the same message. Like @Churchhoney said, in the end you still have to deliver, no matter how you get in the door.

All the Duggars kids were given an opportunity (really IMO, a burden) by being raised on TV. As adults they are all finding ways to take advantage of this or will choose to slip away quietly.

Right or wrong (emphasis on wrong), this is their lot in life. They've already been raised by JB & M. The damage is done. The ball is in their court now and each one is figuring out adult life. 

I'm curiously waiting and watching as Jeremy & Jinger navigate through this Fundy celebrity circus to see where they land.

Depending on their financial situation, CA may be their undoing.  They may eventually have to tuck tail and move to the TTH.  Wouldn’t it be something if Pastor Fancy Pants had to help Ben scrub toilets and educate the howlers.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I have also seen this look on young NHL players as they walk into the game.  They always wear dress clothes to the arena. Harder for those guys to pull off because they have big thighs from skating and the skinny pant legs tend to ride up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

There’s so much snark in that pic that I wouldn’t have a clue where to start. 😶

My jaw dropped when I saw that picture. It's just so . . . yeah. I still don't know what else to say except he looks more comfortable there than Jeremy. 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 7/23/2019 at 11:15 AM, Christina87 said:

I could see Felicity having very, very limited career options. I could see her being able to attend a school like clown college, or even Liberty, and major in music. I could see her being allowed to be a church organist, or an LPN like Abbie, or possibly even a kindergarten teacher, if they get really wild. I'm sure Jeremy would not want her teaching in the public schools, though, and would heavily encourage her teaching at a Christian school. I think they might allow her options that a woman in the 1900's-1940's might have had. 

I was the editor of my school's yearbook in college, and I enjoyed reading the old ones, from around the 1890's-1920's. it was such a different world! Men and women weren't allowed to talk at all except in church! They could also go on one date a month, where the man sent the woman a letter through the dorm mother, and she had to formally accept or reject. Yet, plenty of couples were engaged at graduation. Sort of like the duggars, but at least with a real education! It seemed like below every woman's picture, they said something like, "Mary got her BA in music. So glad she'll never have to use it!!! She will be a fine wife and homemaker to Fred." Plus, all the women studied music, art, elocution, or something like that, while the men studied law, medicine, or business. This is the era I see Felicity being allowed to partake in, though it's better than the duggar family's 1800's mentality!

Liberty is not a bad school. I know many who have attended that grew up with my kids. They are normal adults with careers.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:
11 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Fancy Pants thinks he’s worth a $40 shout out. 

AFFF3D79-6B3E-4688-A640-AB47D9F19681.jpeg

"Give me $40 and I'll fake saying friendly things to you for 30 seconds!"

How pastoral. 

Because he occasionally appears on television, people will pay money just to hear him say their names. Uh-huh. 

I would think a person who thought a lot about God, morality and other people (because those are things a pastor is supposed to think about a lot, right?)  would hesitate to encourage people to have that kind of attitude. Which seems to me to kind of put themselves down and elevate this other person, whom they don't even know, into an unrealistically high position.....

And that a person who was thoughtful about morality and ethics and such (because a pastor is supposed to be like that, right?)  would also hesitate to potentially bolster whatever tendencies he might have toward arrogance and narcissism by encouraging others to see him as somebody who's so "important" (because he occasionally appears on television) that he can rightfully get money just for saying a few kind words.  (because he won't be getting the money based on his great delivery -- he's no actor or orator...)

Pride and greed must not be sins to him.  SMH

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Higgins said:

Liberty is not a bad school. I know many who have attended that grew up with my kids. They are normal adults with careers.

Oh, it's definitely not! I had a cousin who went there, and he is a nurse. It's just that she won't really have many choices, if she gets to go at all. And liberty is a big step up from clown college, which sadly makes clown college more likely. 

• Love 2

I'm so happy that Felicity's head got a break from all the ugly headband and ginormous bows they put on her.

Still not a fan of the blonde hair on Jinger.  I'm curious to see how she would look with bangs.  

• Love 13
10 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Depending on their financial situation, CA may be their undoing.  They may eventually have to tuck tail and move to the TTH.  Wouldn’t it be something if Pastor Fancy Pants had to help Ben scrub toilets and educate the howlers.

That would be funny but I don't see the elder Vuolos letting that happen. I'm sure they would help out in an instant esp where Felicity is concerned. 

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

"look at us! We're not crammed into a tiny apartment somewhere, and our child has loooots of toys! So pastoral!"

It may not be a huge room.  The angle of the photo can be deceiving.  I do count 4 Cuddle and Kind dolls. That's $250 sitting on the floor.

• Useful 7
  • Love 5

The discussion regarding Jinger's potential enlightenment (either having happened or will down the road) is very interesting to read and think about.  These girls are sold a dream their entire lives of "prince charming".  For Jinger, it happened!  Everything that was promised to her has come to fruition (and in reality, far, far more).  She was rescued by prince charming (I'm saying in her opinion, not the general opinion!) who now takes care of her every need.  As additional bonuses, she gets to live in an urban environment, color her hair, wear trendy clothes and NOT have a million babies.  This will only encourage Jinger to become more devoted to the ways of thinking she was taught and raised with because, hey, it really does work!

For the majority, (Jill, I'm looking at you), it's a complete failure and these poor women find themselves enslaved to a bigger asshole than their father.  These are the ones who I think have a chance of being enlightened.  They were sold the dream and the reality is not what they were promised.  Now, you still have to have a brain to put this all together and many, like Jill, won't be able to.  But there have to be some cases in which the light bulb goes off!  (Ugh...but then there's the example of Anna.  Can the light bulb ever go off???)

I do also wonder, is there an alternative, second "dream" that is sold that we are unaware of? Was Jana's promise that she would find fulfillment in forever being the stay at home daughter? 

I think Jinger's very, very happy and I don't think there's any deep soul searching going on with her that for any reason she shouldn't be.   

• Love 19

I was over at the Daily Mail website, doing research, and of all things there was that photo of RFP and Jinger on the Serengeti red carpet. Well, CA seems to have increased their exposure big time. Let’s hope that JerMe’s Head still fits in his hats. 

• LOL 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, Barb23 said:

That would be funny but I don't see the elder Vuolos letting that happen. I'm sure they would help out in an instant esp where Felicity is concerned. 

I’m sure you’re right, and I was kind of making a joke about the TTH and scrubbing toilets but...

I do believe in God.  And I’ve personally witnessed God take a man, who was a man of the cloth and a lot like Jeremy in many ways, to his knees.  He lost everything due to pride, arrogance, self-importance, and self-admiration.  My gut tells me that Jeremy isn’t in this for the right reasons, and I think God may put a stop to it, in one way or another.  I’m not sure what Jeremy’s career path should be, but I don’t think it’s supposed to be what he’s doing now.  JMHO, and I could be 150% wrong.  He may turn out to be the next Joel Osteen, which I think he would love BTW.

Edited by farmgal4
I always leave out a word or two.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15
25 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I was over at the Daily Mail website, doing research, and of all things there was that photo of RFP and Jinger on the Serengeti red carpet. Well, CA seems to have increased their exposure big time. Let’s hope that JerMe’s Head still fits in his hats. 

Well,I expect  he would love the opportunity to buy a bunch of new hats, unfortunately. 😒

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/23/2019 at 6:43 AM, momma2seven said:

We weren't shown that she was a runner but there was that photo of her in track pants under a skirt. They may have felt showing a daughter doing athletic things would go against the way they wanted to be perceived. She was supposed to be training to be a submissive little wifey not a marathon runner. A female jogging might give unsuspecting men lustful thoughts. Maybe it could be seen as vanity. Jinger never seemed to be all that domestic as a teen but she must have been doing something with her time. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if she was out there exercising on her own. 

There is a video on YouTube of Jessa and Joy working out, so I don't think the Duggars care too much about showing their daughters working out as long as its in a skirt. Maybe Jinger doesn't work out in a skirt and even if she did she might not want to be shown on TV looking all hot and sweaty. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btrsxs3dyCI

On 7/23/2019 at 6:56 PM, BitterApple said:

My slight hope for Felicity with regards to education lays in Jeremy. Say what you will about him, but he ain't stupid. He knows that portraying himself and Jinger as the "rebel Duggars" is getting him tons of positive feedback, Instagram cash and brownie points with the public. What better way to continue that theme than to send your child to real school and let her play sports? Even if they choose a Christian acadmey, it's better than anything Jinger could offer. I'm not overly optimistic, but I think there's a chance.

Jeremy was home schooled so I'd be interested to know how they educate Felicity, obviously Jeremy's mom went to college so she would probably be more qualified to teach children then Jinger. I'm also not sure I can see them putting Felicity in a school even a private christian school even with Jingers meagre education. However Jeremy did say when he went to college he went a bit wild or something, I wonder if that will make him reluctant to send Felicity to college too.

On 7/24/2019 at 5:17 AM, fonfereksglen said:

The camera does not love them.  Nothing about either of them pops. 

Ok I hate to say this but Jeremy is a good looking guy, I don't like his views or his ego but he aint ugly. 

21 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

I would love to know what Jessa really thinks about Jinger's new life.  Is she jealous?  Stunned that Jing wasn't as dependent on her as she thought and really pissed that Jing ran like the wind and left her "bestie" in the dust?  Kicking herself for not snatching Jeremy up first?

I don't think Jessa is jealous of Jinger at all, Jessa never came across as someone who wanted to live in a big city she also seems shy around strangers..remember her engagement? When she had to walk up to strangers and ask for roses and clues? She didn't want to do it and kept saying she was so embarrassed, I don't think Jessa is comfortable in those situations whereas Jinger seems to thrive on it. I'd say Jessa is pretty happy with her life. 

18 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Forty bucks???😂🤣

I'd give him a dollar to go away. 

Edited by Puffin
  • LOL 9
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

That's only if they paid for them, which they probably didn't.  One thing in favor of Cuddle and Kind is that the dolls are knitted by women in Peru who are paid fair wages and the company contributes part of the proceeds from every doll sold to feeding children in underdeveloped nations.

It's a great company to be sure, and the craftsmanship on the dolls is amazing.  I bought one for my baby granddaughter and am getting another for her birthday.  But I would be sad to think they gifted the Duggars with more than one doll.  They are based in Canada and not fundie AFAIK.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m sure you’re right, and I was kind of making a joke about the TTH and scrubbing toilets but...

I do believe in God.  And I’ve personally witnessed God take a man, who was a man of the cloth and a lot like Jeremy in many ways, to his knees.  He lost everything due to pride, arrogance, self-importance, and self-admiration.  My gut tells me that Jeremy isn’t in this for the right reasons, and I think God may put a stop to it, in one way or another.  I’m not sure what Jeremy’s career path should be, but I don’t think it’s supposed to be what he’s doing now.  JMHO, and I could be 150% wrong.  He may turn out to be the next Joel Osteen, which I think he would love BTW.

I'm not sure any God is needed for things like pride, arrogance, self-importance and self-admiration to blow up in someone's face eventually. Of course, it only happens some of the time. If there was an inevitability to it, I might be more inclined to buy the notion of some sort of supernatural retribution, be it God or Karma, or whatever, but too many weasels DO manage to slither through life untouched. Much depends on how much shrewdness, intelligence, ruthlessness, plus natural charm and charisma they have, and whether or not they ever let their guard down and just bask in the glory. 

I suspect that Jer doesn't exactly have an overabundance of any of these qualities, which may actually save him from heading completely down the wrong path.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm not sure any God is needed for things like pride, arrogance, self-importance and self-admiration to blow up in someone's face eventually. Of course, it only happens some of the time. If there was an inevitability to it, I might be more inclined to buy the notion of some sort of supernatural retribution, be it God or Karma, or whatever, but too many weasels DO manage to slither through life untouched. Much depends on how much shrewdness, intelligence, ruthlessness, plus natural charm and charisma they have, and whether or not they ever let their guard down and just bask in the glory. 

I suspect that Jer doesn't exactly have an overabundance of any of these qualities, which may actually save him from heading completely down the wrong path.

If I could like this 1,000 times, I would.  So many prosper with those qualities.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, lascuba said:

Ignoring all the fundie baggage for a second, I continue to think that Jinger is the type of woman who just becomes whatever the man she looooooves wants her to be. I've known my fair share of non-religious women like that. Add in that fundie upbringing, there's even less incentive to grow a mind of her own. Jeremy can wake up tomorrow and decide he wants to be a farmer and Jinger would be all over that and pretend she's always dreamed of country living with the closest Walmart 500 miles away.

I don't necessarily think she's playing both sides though...at least, not deliberately. One thing that former fundies/fundie adjacent people have been saying for years is that things like clothes aren't that big a deal anymore. It's a generational and stylistic thing more than anything. The pants wearing, secular tv watching, music-with-a-beat listening fundies still believe the exact same thing their frumpy parents do when it comes to faith and politics. 

Definitely agree.

Jinger will do or be whatever JereMe wants.   She is going to tire of always having to please Rev Fancy Pants. 

Imagine how insecure she must be?

Visiting Duggars? Skirt and more modest look

JereMe?  Spice it up because JereMe has been around the block and wants a pretty blonde. 

(I'm just thinking as I'm typing-procrastinating cleaning)

At least Joy and Jessa married a guy who got what they got and don't want to change them. I feel sorry for Jinger...she must always feel like she is running to catch a train, always trying to keep up. Did Jinger want blonde hair or did she want to please JereMe? Does she even know the difference of what she wants and what her husband wants? 

To me, Jinger isn't doing any better than the other J Girls. She is just wearing better clothes and gets out more. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Puffin said:

Ok I hate to say this but Jeremy is a good looking guy, I don't like his views or his ego but he aint ugly. 

He doesn't have a Hollywood smile because of his teeth.  I'm sure that will be grifted next.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, fonfereksglen said:

He doesn't have a Hollywood smile because of his teeth.  I'm sure that will be grifted next.  

Definitely!!!  We called the blonde hair. Jeremy’s teeth are next. 

• Love 8

$40? They've discovered LA, and the lifestyle they want, is expensive. Felicity will be doing Cameo's next to cover Jingle' boob job, eating out 3 times a day, and Jer's teeth.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, asuwur said:

I think that the kidults have more than given at the office to enjoy the fruits of their childhood exploitation. I don't subscribe to the outrage of "how dare they enjoy their money"! If they have their money from people willing (or stupid enough) to supply it in a legal manner, good for them. And now she gets to spend it on what she wants because there is an element of self-governance that she was denied in the TTH (obviously based on how they as a couple sort that out because....still fundy or fundy-adjacent). Good for her and her vampy red toes!

Yet, Jing is using her daughter the same way she was used, in order to earn money.  That bothers me.  A lot.

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Love 19
(edited)
1 hour ago, fonfereksglen said:

Yet, Jing is using her daughter the same way she was used, in order to earn money.  That bothers me.  A lot.

The main parental "lesson" that sticks with Duggarlings may be "don't think." Not a good one to be stuck with, but their parents (and Gothard) made their strongest effort of all to impart this one, Thinking leads to questioning, they figure, so killing off the thinking muscle is an effective way to snuff out incipient rebellion. 

It kind of works, although not entirely. And not without, as usual, bad consequences for the Duggarlings and the next generation. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

The main parental "lesson" that sticks with Duggarlings may be "don't think." Not a good one to be stuck with, but their parents (and Gothard) made their strongest effort of all to impart this one, Thinking leads to questioning, they figure, so killing off the thinking muscle is an effective way to snuff out incipient rebellion. 

It kind of works, although not entirely. And not without, as usual, bad consequences for the Duggarlings and the next generation. 

It may be as simple as none of the current TLC superstars have ever pondered the old proverb, in its many forms, which simply states .... all that glitters is not gold.  Though I suspect dim Ben might be wondering what went wrong.  

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Marigold said:

Definitely agree.

Jinger will do or be whatever JereMe wants.   She is going to tire of always having to please Rev Fancy Pants. 

Imagine how insecure she must be?

Visiting Duggars? Skirt and more modest look

JereMe?  Spice it up because JereMe has been around the block and wants a pretty blonde. 

(I'm just thinking as I'm typing-procrastinating cleaning)

At least Joy and Jessa married a guy who got what they got and don't want to change them. I feel sorry for Jinger...she must always feel like she is running to catch a train, always trying to keep up. Did Jinger want blonde hair or did she want to please JereMe? Does she even know the difference of what she wants and what her husband wants? 

To me, Jinger isn't doing any better than the other J Girls. She is just wearing better clothes and gets out more. 

This is exactly how I see it! Doesn't help that Jeremy confides in her whenever he is "tempted."

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Wishing Well said:

I don’t think I can blame them too much.  When I was younger we NEVER ate out, and if we did...it was a buffet.  We weren’t rich.  When I got my first job and moved out I ate out SO MUCH.  I’m still learning to cook again regularly.  With her childhood the way it is, if she wants to branch out and enjoy some new things then so be it!  Give or take a few years, it’ll all get old, and she will learn her own likes and dislikes.  

My hope is that the cousins see the charmed life that their cousin Felicity lives in LA, with her fancy toys, expanded palate for cuisine, her “beautiful” parents (comparatively) and realize what a shit hole they live in.  That they’ll want to get themselves out the way their aunt Jinger did.  

But will they have the skills they need to get out?  My guess is no.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

This is exactly how I see it! Doesn't help that Jeremy confides in her whenever he is "tempted."

That has to upset her deep down, even if she doesn't acknowledge it. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

That is so fucked up. It sounds like it’s all about honesty and accountability but it’s really one half step from being both a threat (“I have the hots for Cade’s fiancée”) and a whip (So you had better up your game...and not piss me off.)

Hey, Jer, how about you take responsibility for your reactions and actions and keep your pants AND your lips zipped?

SMDH.

• Love 24