Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Absolom said:

This may be a good time to post this.  I said if I ran into them at their church I'd report.  I've kind of held back because there's nothing remarkable to say.  They were friendly, outgoing, warm, and personable.  There was no hint of arrogance from Jeremy in person.  They fit in with the congregation and didn't stand out from the rest of the people.  Felicity is a living doll.  So after sounding like a leghumper all I can say is at least attending church, they were an utterly normal apparently loving couple.  

I believe it. Every story I've heard from leghumpers and snarkers alike is that all the Duggars are very nice, friendly people in person. I think Anna is the only one I've heard being kind of bitchy. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I believe it. Every story I've heard from leghumpers and snarkers alike is that all the Duggars are very nice, friendly people in person. I think Anna is the only one I've heard being kind of bitchy. 

You know, now that I think about it, the people I know who have had superficial one-on-one interaction with the Duggars have usually thought they were very nice and personable. People I know who have had more extensive dealings are less complimentary, but it's never really about their personalities in person. 

• Love 19

My opinion as to why the Duggars always 'seem' to be so nice and cordial to fans they meet is because first and foremost, they know those people are sending $$$$ their way. In any other circumstance, they would not be so gracious to 'mix with the heathens'. Their pre-TV lifestyle was all about insulating themselves from the 'unwashed masses'. JB and Michelle are fake as hell. Their children don't know any better and just behave according to their parents' wishes. It's all they know how to do.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

My opinion as to why the Duggars always 'seem' to be so nice and cordial to fans they meet is because first and foremost, they know those people are sending $$$$ their way. In any other circumstance, they would not be so gracious to 'mix with the heathens'. Their pre-TV lifestyle was all about insulating themselves from the 'unwashed masses'. JB and Michelle are fake as hell. Their children don't know any better and just behave according to their parents' wishes. It's all they know how to do.

Some of it is TV, for sure, but ironically, a lot of the folks I know who met them and said they were nice was pre-TV. These weren't fan exchanges but people meeting them in the course of their day. I'm sure the Duggars felt superior, but they apparently didn't let on in person.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11

I'm also convinced that JinJer have cultivated a "church persona" by virtue of Jeremy's pastoral duties, such as they were. I'm sure they're very adept at putting on the smiling faces and projecting the perfect family image at church.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm also convinced that JinJer have cultivated a "church persona" by virtue of Jeremy's pastoral duties, such as they were. I'm sure they're very adept at putting on the smiling faces and projecting the perfect family image at church.

You don't survive this culture, and these familial subcultures, without the ability to put on a pretty face.

• Love 22
On 7/27/2019 at 11:45 PM, Zella said:

You know, now that I think about it, the people I know who have had superficial one-on-one interaction with the Duggars have usually thought they were very nice and personable. People I know who have had more extensive dealings are less complimentary, but it's never really about their personalities in person. 

I met JB and Mechelle at a political event, years ago! They did seem very nice, but the one odd thing I noticed was that they had all of us come to Michelle's side of the table to get autographs and pose for pictures. Everyone in my group was a woman, and we shook JB's hand and said hi, but we couldn't risk defrauding him with too much contact!

• Useful 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

I know their beliefs are horrid to me, but I have strict catholic friends with whom I strongly disagree. It’s all grey. I can still have fun with them and ignore so much stuff. I know that many people can’t do that and will cut those people out. I just choose to take the good and forgive the bad. 

I just don’t get the terrible stuff everyone sees in Jeremy  i don’t know him, so I really can’t say that he’s haughty and pretentious.  I think they look kinda fun for Duggars, and i would probably gladly have a meal with them to see what they’re all about in this new chapter of life  

• Love 15
On 7/26/2019 at 7:34 PM, DCCme said:

And I confess my envy that you binged on nearly a pint of the new Halo ice cream stuff.  I don’t even know what it is and my envy is deep. Whew, confession is good for the soul.

As a follow up, I’d just like to note that confessing this did not make me want the ice cream any less, nor did it keep me from coveting said ice cream, or thinking longingly about the ice cream.  I can’t be 100% sure but I feel like my guilt level wasn’t lessened any when I consumed the ice cream. And yet still, I’m back to confess to y’all, I ate the ice cream.  There, guilt absolved right?  That’s how this works?

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
On 7/27/2019 at 7:23 PM, farmgal4 said:

I think that’s a horrible thing to do.  That, more than anything else, tells me that he’s a SOB.

I'm still trying to understand what horrible deed Jeremy has confessed to. 

I've gone back through pages of posts and can't find what he did that demeans Jinger and that he should be shamed for. 

What did he do?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I'm still trying to understand what horrible deed Jeremy has confessed to. 

I've gone back through pages of posts and can't find what he did that demeans Jinger and that he should be shamed for. 

What did he do?

I’m not certain what he did either, but I’m pretty sure he should be confessing that he’s committed the sin of vaguebooking. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I just don’t get the terrible stuff everyone sees in Jeremy  i don’t know him, so I really can’t say that he’s haughty and pretentious.  I think they look kinda fun for Duggars, and i would probably gladly have a meal with them to see what they’re all about in this new chapter of life  

But would Jeremy choose to have a meal with you? He doesn't seem to associate with people who can't help him in his grandiose ambitions. Or, he's nice to strangers at church. As I noted before, that's ingrained. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

We can see you are two dads with your daughters. Spelling it out for everyone makes it look like this is not your norm - which is the opposite of what I think you’re trying to convey.

Both babies kind of have an expression of "Who are these guys and where is my mommy?"

If you're going to use your kid as a photo prop, you need to either spend more quality time with her or figure out how to bribe her to smile.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 7/24/2019 at 10:17 AM, Suzn said:

I want to say this carefully.  I am in no way endorsing Jeremy's odious views.  They are horrible and inexplicable to me.  And I am in no way diminishing that in the future Jinger will have limited opportunities as Jeremy's wife and I wonder what is in store for Felicity.

That said, I am so glad for Jinger in this moment.  I think she is fulfilling a dream of a big city and all that implies.  She's gone Hollywood and she's glammed up and looking great.  I'm sure Jessa's head will explode any minute now.

I think we all need to say "well played, Jinger".  She may not have the life we want but she's definitely got a life much better than she expected.  Maybe some of her siblings are happy to be where they are and don't want more.  But Jinger wanted more and got it.  Kudos.  And rocking red shoes, too.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.  I think Jeremy does love his wife and daughter but that he also loves to self promote and he realizes that Jinger and Felicity draw more hits to his instagram than he could get on his own.  He uses them to further his 'brand' online which he hopes to use to become rich and famous.

I haven't checked, but I suspect that photos of Jeremy with either one of them or both get far more likes than ones where he is solo.

I notice the other little girl in the photo isn't wearing a big honkin' bow on her head.  Are they heretics?

I agree.  That's why I used the word also in my response. 

As for the hair bows, I will continue my silence on that issue.  😀

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I notice the other little girl in the photo isn't wearing a big honkin' bow on her head.  Are they heretics?

As a grown ass adult who looks for any way to incorporate bows into her life, I won't comment!  Maybe they feel that big bows sharpen and direct the signal from god, like a giant satellite dish?

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Nysha said:

Both babies kind of have an expression of "Who are these guys and where is my mommy?"

If you're going to use your kid as a photo prop, you need to either spend more quality time with her or figure out how to bribe her to smile.

I think Felicity is just at that age where no one but mom will do.  She’s aware when she’s away from her mom, and dad is cool and all, but he isn’t mom.  He’e just the other person in the house. She’ll outgrow it in due time. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
On 7/24/2019 at 12:08 PM, farmgal4 said:

She looks fantastic.  Do they not wear socks in CA?

As fashion conscious as he is, I'm sure he's rocking the PEDS.61nMYA1kKrL._AC_UY780_.thumb.jpg.4eae7c59685e622d0aa27c14451b28ee.jpg

On 7/25/2019 at 4:18 PM, 3 is enough said:

It's a great company to be sure, and the craftsmanship on the dolls is amazing.  I bought one for my baby granddaughter and am getting another for her birthday.  But I would be sad to think they gifted the Duggars with more than one doll.  They are based in Canada and not fundie AFAIK.

My first thought was that they were gifts rather than gRifts. Those adoring Voulo grandparents, I'm sure, don't shy away from showering their only grandchild with toys and dolls. They also seem to have a circle of generous friends. Girl's got a room of her own and lots of new and stimulating toys. This could be as good as her life ever gets (before the misogynistic indoctrination kicks in).

On 7/27/2019 at 10:48 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Poor Jinger seems like she’s trying to keep up and I already suspect she restricts her eating that who knows what kind of influence this environment will have on her. Next thing you know she’ll be getting botox and breast implants. Jeremy’s vanity is going to be his undoing. 

Jinger has always been slim. Why do we now think it's because she's starving herself for Jeremy? 

On 7/28/2019 at 7:35 AM, floridamom said:

With 16 people in a house with one bathroom, they WERE the unwashed mass.

• LOL 11
  • Love 9
57 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I think Felicity is just at that age where no one but mom will do.  She’s aware when she’s away from her mom, and dad is cool and all, but he isn’t mom.  He’e just the other person in the house. She’ll outgrow it in due time. 

I can vouch for that being a thing...My granddaughter is just a few months older than Felicity, and beginning more or less when she was turning one, she started getting really clingy with my daughter. Even though up to that point, from the day she was born, almost, she was a total Daddy's girl and he was often the only one who could soothe her or make her laugh, suddenly no one else but Mom would do. She's starting to grow out of it a little bit, but very slowly.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Yeah, he's not the Mama.

• LOL 11
37 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Well, it appears Jana isn't in LA by herself, Jessa seems to be there too and Jana is just probably there to watch the kids.

Oh yeah, where’d you see that Jessa is there? Of course Jana couldn’t have gone by herself!

58 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Oh yeah, where’d you see that Jessa is there? Of course Jana couldn’t have gone by herself!

No actual pictures of Jessa there just a guess. Jana posted a picture hanging out with Spurgeon and the same day another pic of herself at the Griffith Park Merry-go-round in LA. Not sure if it's on the Lonely Js thread but I'll post it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, Lunera said:

Well, it appears Jana isn't in LA by herself, Jessa seems to be there too and Jana is just probably there to watch the kids.

I assume TLC is filming. This must be the obligatory "Jana and Jessa decorate Jinger's new home" episode, like the one they did when she was getting married and moving to Laredo. 

So, will Jessa put all Jeremy's books in the closet? Has she brought her own load of her kids' dirty diapers to arrange on the bedroom dresser? 

Will Jana raid Target for Magnolia merchandise and hang faux country sayings all over the wall?

Or, has Jeremy grown a pair and we won't see any Duggar "we don't need no stinkin' books" country style imposed on his nice rented LA house?

Edited by Jeeves
Add a new thought.
  • LOL 13
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I assume TLC is filming. This must be the obligatory "Jana and Jessa decorate Jinger's new home" episode, like the one they did when she was getting married and moving to Laredo. 

So, will Jessa put all Jeremy's books in the closet? Has she brought her own load of dirty diapers to arrange on the bedroom dresser? 

Will Jana raid Target for Magnolia merchandise and hang faux country sayings all over the wall?

And then on to Hobby Lobby to buy WORDS like LOVE FAMILY JESUS!

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, kokapetl said:

Jinger’s favourite shoes are very interesting. 

They're shoes that Jer gave her as a gift -- birthday? -- two or three years ago, right? 

At the time, they seemed like kind of an unusual choice. But back when he chose them, we weren't yet acquainted with his actual style preferences and love for trendy and designer clothes. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

They're shoes that Jer gave her as a gift -- birthday? -- two or three years ago, right? 

At the time, they seemed like kind of an unusual choice. But back when he chose them, we weren't yet acquainted with his actual style preferences and love for trendy and designer clothes. 

They’re ugly and no doubt overpriced. But they’re designer (Gucci?) and for the  RFP that’s all that matters.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Tasya said:

That's a great picture of Jana, she looks lovely. She should move to LA with Jinger and Jeremy. 

That would be interesting for a minute.  Would Jinger regresss under the watchful eyes of her oldest sister mom or would Jana be pulled to the dark side as a pants wearing heathen? 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

That would be interesting for a minute.  Would Jinger regresss under the watchful eyes of her oldest sister mom or would Jana be pulled to the dark side as a pants wearing heathen? 

At least Jana refrained from adding a tee shirt under her vee-neck shirt.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Tasya said:

That's a great picture of Jana, she looks lovely. She should move to LA with Jinger and Jeremy. 

She actually looks like she might have a personality. But that horrific denim skirt and Dudley Do-Right hat will make her stick out like a sore thumb in LA.

Jinger has on cute jeans. The cuffs match the shoes.

Make-up overload = Fundy heaven.  I'm sure someone here will identify the store.

Please, TLC, no fake house-decorating episodes. We all know the crap will get undone the second the cameras stop filming.

• Love 8