Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

The gloves will only come off when the Instagram followers numbers drop.

Meanwhile, his fellow students may gradually begin to feel kinda pissy about it.....But they won't say anything because they probably are all well aware how the MacArthur enterprise rolls....It's all about being the big guy's pet. There was a whole accreditation-group report on it last year. 😀

I notice Jer wasn't dining out with his fellow seminarians so they could talk John Knox and Increase Mather, either. Maybe he just prefers to hang with those he can either suck up to or pretend to advertising-friendly coolness with? The seminarians don't make as effective instagram photos, probably. And I doubt many of them can talk fashion.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I notice Jer wasn't dining out with his fellow seminarians so they could talk John Knox and Increase Mather, either. 

@Churchhoney, mad respect for your mention of Increase Mather, who too often gets overlooked in favor of the more popular Cotton Mather. I’m naming my next set of cats after them. (I took several courses on the Puritans and early American religious history. The names!)

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Dirndl said:

At least in middle Europe Italy is known for its fashion and I know many, many people who travel to Milan just for the latest trends. Everyone I know who goes to Italy for vacation is looking forward to the shopping there and if I come back from a trip to Italy one of the first questions is always "What did you buy?". But that's from a German perspective. Isn't Jeremy's family from Italy? So I think he knows what Italy has to offer.

I also don't think being interested in fashion is unusual for this generation of men. My teenage age students and my brother and his friends (who are in their late twenties) are a 100% into fashion and style and they care a lot about everything from haircut to socks and shoes. However, I read an article once that stated that styles/outfits that are considered fashionable in Europe are seen as metrosexual or homosexual in the US. Maybe there really is a big difference in culture. IMO Jeremy's style is definitely not typical for the average male (which is fine for me, the world would be pretty boring if everyone wore the same things) but his interest in fashion is totally normal.

I am a German catholic and therefore probably at the top of Jinger and Jeremy's "list of sinners" 😉 but they are still my favorite family out of all the Duggar families (even if that isn't that difficult considering the other options :D). They seem to love each other and their daughter a lot, they seem to use birth control, they go out and meet people, they wear fashionable clothes, eat good food, they at least claim to want to visit other parts of the world and I still hold out hope that Jinger will only have 3-4 kids and that their children won't be homeschooled. I would never want to be friends with them but they are the most interesting Duggar family and I like looking at their life from afar. However, I don't know what it says about me that I'm still following the Duggars years after moving back from North America. 🤷‍♀️

Fashionista that Jer may be, I'm surprised his striped ties are so American rather than European in the direction of the stripe. 

• LOL 1
32 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Jeremy has not answered about Jake. I agree that the cat is not with them anymore.

I think he's not only not with them, but the story behind his whereabouts would harm their 'brand' if it was known.  I doubt Jake was lovingly rehomed either.  He was either turned loose to fend for himself or dropped at the pound/

• Love 1
1 minute ago, BigBingerBro said:

Wait, did he say who those guys are?  I assumed they were school chums!

No, he didn't, but one of our intrepid members did a little search and you can read about it here:

4 hours ago, Lunera said:

So, I checked out the pages he tagged and one of the guys (foodninjaken) has a foodie page, the other guy is the restaurant owner and the 3rd one (Matt Coeler) is a 20-something year old son of some church members. Brand Brasserie is a marketing company for restaurants, cafes, etc.. Basically these guys are all using each other for advertising. Jeremy is probably just getting free food out of this.

Screenshot_20190810-145203_Chrome.thumb.jpg.88ab5c7eda2cea059c5da6360826c413.jpg

I'm honestly not surprised he would travel to Italy just for the fashion. Can you imagine all the cool Instagram shots he would get? 😉

Also, about a third of the pages he follows on Instagram are men fashion pages.

Having seen some photos of Jer's fellow seminarians, I think he wouldn't consider them good looking enough, stylish enough or hip enough to hang out with.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I think he's not only not with them, but the story behind his whereabouts would harm their 'brand' if it was known.  I doubt Jake was lovingly rehomed either.  He was either turned loose to fend for himself or dropped at the pound/

All they need to say is that he climbed into the crib with Felicity and they were afraid of her getting smothered, so they rehomed him to someone in their Laredo church family. Nice, clean, and easy. They can’t even manage that.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

All they need to say is that he climbed into the crib with Felicity and they were afraid of her getting smothered, so they rehomed her to someone in their Laredo church family. Nice, clean, and easy. They can’t even manage that.

They don't even need to go that far.  Just say that they didn't know if they'd be able to find a place in LA where they could keep a cat and they had friends in Laredo who love cats and knew and loved Jake and were happy to have him and they felt this would be the best solution rather than driving halfway cross country with Jake without knowing if they'd be able to find a place for him.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

If this turns out to be true, let's not put all the blame on Jeremy. Jinger would be equally responsible. We tend to think of her as one of the "nicer" Duggars, but she was raised in a home where there was no compassion or empathy for animals. Every Duggar pet we ever saw would be used for a photo op and then would disappear, never to be seen or mentioned again. And then there was the infamous episode where they deliberately tried to run a cat down while coasting. Jinger was one of the crowd of Duggar kids who whooped with glee over that bit of cruelty. I think she would abandon a pet without a second thought.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Albanyguy said:

If this turns out to be true, let's not put all the blame on Jeremy. Jinger would be equally responsible. We tend to think of her as one of the "nicer" Duggars, but she was raised in a home where there was no compassion or empathy for animals. Every Duggar pet we ever saw would be used for a photo op and then would disappear, never to be seen or mentioned again. And then there was the infamous episode where they deliberately tried to run a cat down while coasting. Jinger was one of the crowd of Duggar kids who whooped with glee over that bit of cruelty. I think she would abandon a pet without a second thought.

Oh absolutely.  She's an adult and Jake was her cat, too.  We've been focusing on Jer because he's the one who has been asked about the cat and ignored it while answering other really inane questions without hesitation.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

They don't even need to go that far.  Just say that they didn't know if they'd be able to find a place in LA where they could keep a cat and they had friends in Laredo who love cats and knew and loved Jake and were happy to have him and they felt this would be the best solution rather than driving halfway cross country with Jake without knowing if they'd be able to find a place for him.

That works too, but I just like a story where they can look like parenthood martyrs. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Holy shit, Jeremy’s got one foot into the SoCal Foodie/Foodstagram crowd.  That group actually runs REALLY liberal, this might be the most surprising thing. 

3 hours ago, Zella said:

Taking the burger outside for a picture is some next-level weirdness. 

Eeeeh.  I’ve known people to bring ring lights, stand on tables, rearrange food...

I actually LOVE food IGs.  Much better to look at and more attainable than manufactured beauty and selfies.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, JoanArc said:

All they need to say is that he climbed into the crib with Felicity and they were afraid of her getting smothered, so they rehomed him to someone in their Laredo church family. Nice, clean, and easy. They can’t even manage that.

They may be afraid to lie about the cat being with a church member or a "friend" in Laredo. For fear too many people in that contingent -- and  in their families --  know that they didn't actually resettle him with anyone there....and that somebody might decide to share that information. 

What a tangled web we weave and all that...

Especially when we weave it in a very public forum to which literally everyone has free access.

Heck, if they told a cat-rehoming story on their social media, some tabloid's very likely to "report" it as a sad but heartwarming tale....And if it wasn't true.....Ouch. It could be really bad for the pastoral image if anybody, even Jer's own family, spotted them lying in a public forum about something like that. 

"Sharing" so much private stuff in the public media inevitably puts pressure on you to complete the stories you told. It's hard to get away with just telling the "good" parts and keeping mum about the rest when you've set up the expectation that you "share" so much. And when you're literally famous because you've encouraged the world to believe your private life is an open book.

Despite imagining they're so social-media savvy, they really don't get it at all, if you ask me.....At least they don't get the crucial parts -- the ones that can eventually come back and bite you hard in the ass when you least expect it....

That said, I'm still gonna hope that Jake's living happily with some Laredo cat lover. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10

Jake was an indoor/outdoor cat, right? Although it's obviously better for a cat to be strictly indoors, those which are taken in as strays and are used to being outdoors do tend to get pretty antsy if that is taken away. 

Sadly, it's not that unusual for an outdoor cat to get hit by a car or otherwise disappear. Maybe that legitimately happened to Jake. 

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Very interesting. 

Now I wonder -- Do you really want your pastor-in-training to spend so much energy doing this kind of thing?

Two years from now, when he's somebody's new preacher, do they want that preacher to be constantly posting food and fashion ads on his social media?

But, if it turns out to be a bit of a professional liability, will he really to want to stop? 

I just find all of this a very weird combo with "seminarian." To my mind, the two sets of "interests" are incredibly unlikely to intersect to this degree in one person. Which makes me wonder whether he's really truly interested in being a seminarian at all. 

Oh, I am pretty sure that if his social media career as an 'influencer' on matters of food and menswear takes off, Jeremy will be outta that seminary in one hot second.  He wants attention, to publicly preen and pose while people shout hosannas at him.  If he can get it through food and clothes, that'll be a far easier path and he'll jump right on it in a heartbeat.  Perhaps he is also figuring out that he doesn't have the chops to be a famous TV minister and he is looking for a backup plan because he has no aspirations to be a non-famous preacher in some tiny church in Texas.

7 hours ago, Wishing Well said:

Holy shit, Jeremy’s got one foot into the SoCal Foodie/Foodstagram crowd.  That group actually runs REALLY liberal, this might be the most surprising thing.  

I wonder if these guys know who Jeremy really is and what he really believes?  Maybe someone should tell them....

• Love 21

I’m pretty sure Jinger and Felicity were at the restaurant with JerME and the foodies because in Jer’s Instagram story, he panned around to show Felicity sitting on the restaurant patio and she waved. 

It would be nice to see Jinger doing something like this foodie thing instead of Jer who already has a lot going on, to see Jinger out making new friends 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Oh, I am pretty sure that if his social media career as an 'influencer' on matters of food and menswear takes off....

Yep. Totally agree he's probably eyeing this as a potentially better high-profile career path for him. A small or even a medium-sized church outside of LA or Manhattan wouldn't satisfy him. He doesn't want a profession, he wants fame and public exposure, seems to me. 

Not that he's got the chops for the new plan either, of course. He's a not-stupid-but-not-that-bright, okay-looking, ex-pro-for-half-a-minute jock and full-time dweeb who cherishes 19th-century views on masturbation and women's "place," among other things. Not witty but thinks he is -- always a bad combination.

His dull-as-dishwater, preachy-sounding podcast performance level isn't going to attract many people besides those who already have a slight Duggar obsession, I expect. That won't cut it. 

I can't imagine he's ever going to achieve the fame he so obviously is dying for, outside of Duggardom.

He should just pick an actual job lane that fits his interests and training -- like the business side of fashion, for example -- and stop trying to make himself happen as a famous person, seems to me.

I doubt he'll do anything that sensible until the cameras actually turn off, though. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 21
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I thought of Jilly Muffin too. How would she react if Derelict wanted to go out on the town with his buddies? That's presuming he has any. 😁

But they have IG on their phones. 

It wasn’t really a guy’s night out.  Jinger and Lissy were there too.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Yep. Totally agree he's probably eyeing this as a potentially better high-profile career path for him. A small or even a medium-sized church outside of LA or Manhattan wouldn't satisfy him. He doesn't want a profession, he wants fame and public exposure, seems to me. 

Not that he's got the chops for the new plan either, of course. He's a not-stupid-but-not-that-bright, okay-looking, ex-pro-for-half-a-minute jock and full-time dweeb who cherishes 19th-century views on masturbation and women's "place," among other things. Not witty but thinks he is -- always a bad combination.

His dull-as-dishwater, preachy-sounding podcast performance level isn't going to attract many people besides those who already have a slight Duggar obsession, I expect. That won't cut it. 

I can't imagine he's ever going to achieve the fame he so obviously is dying for, outside of Duggardom.

He should just pick an actual job lane that fits his interests and training -- like the business side of fashion, for example -- and stop trying to make himself happen as a famous person, seems to me.

I doubt he'll do anything that sensible until the cameras actually turn off, though. 

I could see him actually doing okay in fashion, given the right training! If it's anything like the movies suggest, it's a bunch of horny single women and gay men, all hoping for a straight male to join the ranks. These women would presumably hire a straight, attractive, young, fashionable male in a heartbeat! Of course, movies are exaggerated, but I'm sure there is some truth to it; very few straight men are likely there, and these fashionable women probably wish there were straight men there! He could get hired pretty easily with the right credentials. Also, in that line of work, people wouldn't be as critical of his ego. It would be normal to have an ego!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

It wasn’t really a guy’s night out.  Jinger and Lissy were there too.

Did she have any women to talk to?  Or was it just a bunch of guys?  I don't look at all the pictures or videos so I don't know.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, fonfereksglen said:

Did she have any women to talk to?  Or was it just a bunch of guys?  I don't look at all the pictures or videos so I don't know.

There were no other women in the video, just Felicity and what I assumed was Jinger’s hand waving.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

There were no other women in the video, just Felicity and what I assumed was Jinger’s hand waving.

I think it wouldn't even occur to Jinger to cultivate a group of women friends of her own outside of her husband other than church groups to do Bible study or plan potlucks after services.  The Duggar kids were raised in isolation, their only 'friends' were their siblings and other isolated fundie kids that they would see a few times a year at weddings and such.  MeChelle certainly never had female friends to do things with apart from her husband, her daughters don't know how it works to have a girlfriend to meet for lunch or to take the kids to the park or join a book club or just hang out and gab.  They've never seen it, they've never experienced it; like a lot of stuff, they don't know what they're missing.

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

No such thing as a guy’s night out when you’re married to a Stage 5 Clinger/Duggar daughter. 

487D3288-025B-447A-A1F2-7E8C9E021ED8.jpeg

Especially when you need to bring your camera-person with you. Can't take middle-distance selfies of you holding a burger and a dinner plate without an assistant! 

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I think it wouldn't even occur to Jinger to cultivate a group of women friends of her own outside of her husband other than church groups to do Bible study or plan potlucks after services.  The Duggar kids were raised in isolation, their only 'friends' were their siblings and other isolated fundie kids that they would see a few times a year at weddings and such.  MeChelle certainly never had female friends to do things with apart from her husband, her daughters don't know how it works to have a girlfriend to meet for lunch or to take the kids to the park or join a book club or just hang out and gab.  They've never seen it, they've never experienced it; like a lot of stuff, they don't know what they're missing.

Bingo. 

From firsthand experience, I'll attest that Jingle has absolutely no idea what actual friends are, why you might want to have them or how to get them. 

If she stays too close to both her family and a husband who doesn't realize she needs serious help with this (as I expect Jeremy doesn't -- not that he doesn't care about her, but I expect he's just plain oblivious to this issue), it's quite possible she'll go to her grave without ever knowing a single thing about friendships outside of having her "best friends" Godly Mama Meeechelle and godly husband Jer.

(and, occasionally, when they're posting grifting images on social media, one of her sister "friends" such as Jana -- about whom Jingle doesn't give a single crap otherwise, and vice versa.....Again, because they don't even know that actual closeness with each other is even a thing. Let alone real closeness with people who aren't near relatives.) 

She'll think she knows. All the Duggarlings know to talk about various "sweet friends" and so on. 

But they have no idea. No idea. None. I guarantee it. 

Not only do they have no real life experience and are thoroughly brainwashed against knowing, they haven't even read literary fiction or kids' books where actual friendships clearly appear. They're in the dark completely. 

It's awful. All I can hope is that they don't isolate their own children at all. Let alone in the extreme and horrible way they were -- and, for the most part, continue to be -- isolated themselves. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

e'll think she knows. All the Duggarlings know to talk about various "sweet friends" and so on. 

Didn’t her husband just say that all your friends should have gray hair?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Didn’t her husband just say that all your friends should have gray hair?

Yep. Godly mama and godly daddy. I think his point was that everybody else will just lead you astray! 

Edited by Churchhoney

The thing that came into my head first (when I saw the photo of JereMe holding that burger was: what shoes is he wearing. I thought that some of that drippy burger could fall on them and mess them up. I guess that’s his way of really living dangerously. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Especially when you need to bring your camera-person with you. Can't take middle-distance selfies of you holding a burger and a dinner plate without an assistant! 

And I doubt she got to eat a burger of her own. Maybe she had a salad . . . 😢

• Love 3
5 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I’m pretty sure Jinger and Felicity were at the restaurant with JerME and the foodies because in Jer’s Instagram story, he panned around to show Felicity sitting on the restaurant patio and she waved. 

It would be nice to see Jinger doing something like this foodie thing instead of Jer who already has a lot going on, to see Jinger out making new friends 

Yeah, I saw that too. So much for a guy's night out with his new pals.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

He can’t strut a European cut with an American gut. (A poem...)

If you made that up yourself, I'm impressed.

As much as I am struggling with weight loss right now (I'm pretty close to moving down into size 14, I'll feel good about a 10), I have no patience for guys who let themselves go, because it's so flippin' easy for most of them. They just ease up on junk food and booze and the weight falls right off. 

Jeremy is in serious danger of dad bod.

Edited by Abstract
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
19 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I wonder if any of his Seminary professors will call him out on his shallow behavior and obsession with "things" (including food).  

I hope so. Why isn’t a pastor out serving those in need of food, rather than promoting his own eating plates of food at various LA eateries?  His heart is definitely not in the right place. 

18 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Jeremy has not answered about Jake. I agree that the cat is not with them anymore.

Let’s keep after him 😈

17 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

. And then there was the infamous episode where they deliberately tried to run a cat down while coasting. Jinger was one of the crowd of Duggar kids who whooped with glee over that bit of cruelty. I think she would abandon a pet without a second thought.

Wow- was jinger part of that crowd?  I don’t remember who was in on that little episode, other than D-wreck. 

• Love 16
44 minutes ago, Abstract said:

If you made that up yourself, I'm impressed. 

Well, actually I did. The words kind of accidentally rhymed, no talent involved!

And yes, the difference between men and women in weight control truly sucks. I suspect Jinger has three bites total out of those enormous plates of food while RFP chows down. His turn will come...bwahahaha.

I do wonder...most foodbros are also pretty devoted to various forms of alcohol. Wonder how that plays with RFP.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
37 minutes ago, awaken said:

I hope so. Why isn’t a pastor out serving those in need of food, rather than promoting his own eating plates of food at various LA eateries?  His heart is definitely not in the right place. 

Let’s keep after him 😈

Wow- was jinger part of that crowd?  I don’t remember who was in on that little episode, other than D-wreck. 

Well, please do remember that BIN is the one who aimed and pushed D directly at the cat. Clearly 100 percent on purpose. Bin is EVERY BIT as responsible as D. But, like Jer, he repeatedly gets a pass on stuff like this because a lot of people find him more attractive (I would guess).

And, yeah, pretty much all the Duggarling young women were on the premises. And they were squealing with joy -- "Git 'eem! Git 'eem!" ("eem" being the cat...) "Ha ha ha ha ha!" .... Egging the guys on and, indeed, pretty much pushing and daring and challenging them to do it.... because "women's approval." 

However, the women weren't on camera.... so it was impossible to know which were doing the most screaming -- or if somebody wasn't screaming at all. ..... Any one of them might have refrained from yelling -- so we can't specifically blame any of the women. 

However, nobody was heard saying, "Stop, guys! Don't do that! It's mean!"

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Why isn’t a pastor out serving those in need of food, rather than promoting his own eating plates of food at various LA eateries?  His heart is definitely not in the right place. 

I doubt if any of his fellow seminarians are out feeding the hungry either. MacArthur doesn't seem to run that kind of outfit. There's not one word on the Grace Church website about any programs or services to help people in need. Lots of programs to recruit new souls for Jesus and lots of ways to make it easy for the faithful to donate money, but nothing about extending charity to people outside their own little bubble. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Bingo. 

From firsthand experience, I'll attest that Jingle has absolutely no idea what actual friends are, why you might want to have them or how to get them. 

If she stays too close to both her family and a husband who doesn't realize she needs serious help with this (as I expect Jeremy doesn't -- not that he doesn't care about her, but I expect he's just plain oblivious to this issue), it's quite possible she'll go to her grave without ever knowing a single thing about friendships outside of having her "best friends" Godly Mama Meeechelle and godly husband Jer.

(and, occasionally, when they're posting grifting images on social media, one of her sister "friends" such as Jana -- about whom Jingle doesn't give a single crap otherwise, and vice versa.....Again, because they don't even know that actual closeness with each other is even a thing. Let alone real closeness with people who aren't near relatives.) 

She'll think she knows. All the Duggarlings know to talk about various "sweet friends" and so on. 

But they have no idea. No idea. None. I guarantee it. 

Not only do they have no real life experience and are thoroughly brainwashed against knowing, they haven't even read literary fiction or kids' books where actual friendships clearly appear. They're in the dark completely. 

It's awful. All I can hope is that they don't isolate their own children at all. Let alone in the extreme and horrible way they were -- and, for the most part, continue to be -- isolated themselves. 

I can't wrap my head around this, but I'm sure you and db are correct.

• Love 3

No mention of London for fine gentleman attire either. 

Ugh, I just can’t stand him. He’s such a wanna-be and, as my kids would say, “a tool.”  I prefer douche nozzle.

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jeremy admitted that he had a problem with fame when he was younger. I think he never really resolved those issues.

I feel like the only difference between now and then is that Jeremy has realized fame. He doesn't have to dream about it, because it's his reality. It's not some demon he has overcome. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I feel like the only difference between now and then is that Jeremy has realized fame. He doesn't have to dream about it, because it's his reality. It's not some demon he has overcome. 

He used a reality show (star) to get his jump up on fame. So reality begets reality. 

• Love 9