Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Jeremy looks very rodent-like in that picture. I wonder if it bothers him that Jinger isn't constantly curling her long hair anymore. In almost all the pics since Felicity's birth, it has been up. I wouldn't even question this whatsoever with the other spouses (even Josh, because I honestly don't think he cares what Anna looks like), but being Jeremy, I could see him being secretly annoyed that it's taking her this long to get back to being "hot" and completely done up all the time, but even he is smart enough not to vocalize that after she gave birth to his baby. Idk, it all sounds so mean, but Jeremy is nothing if not a bad combination of judgmental and hung up on appearances. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 6

I'm sure Jeremy expects Jinge to look nice as a preacher's  wife but since he's not a Gothardite, I don't think he's that concerned about her having the long curls that are expected of the Gothard women.  I think a lot of the younger Gothard women are breaking away from the Gothard fashion & hair rules. They are wearing their hair straighter nowadays  and wearing more fashionable modest clothing. JMO

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 21
58 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Jeremy looks very rodent-like in that picture.

He does, doesn't he? I'm surprised I didn't notice that, as I often play the "what-animal-would-this-person-be" game with myself.

I do appreciate that Jinger and Jeremy seem to be in love with their little girl. Take a note, Jill and Dreck.

• Love 14

I wonder if Jinger is having issues with her hair post-partum.  I grow what I affectionately call my “pregnancy halo” after every birth.  They are short, wispy bangs that tightly curl.  I basically have to get a Brazilian blowout before any big event to have any attempt to look nice.  It takes about 2.5 years to fully grow out.  I also lose a bunch.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, Saylii said:

I wonder if Jinger is having issues with her hair post-partum.  I grow what I affectionately call my “pregnancy halo” after every birth.  They are short, wispy bangs that tightly curl.  I basically have to get a Brazilian blowout before any big event to have any attempt to look nice.  It takes about 2.5 years to fully grow out.  I also lose a bunch.

I agree- Her hair could be falling out around this time. I am 4 months postpartum and it has really started to come out now ugh! Started losing more around 3.5 mo and just getting worse. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Saylii said:

Jessa had trouble with it after Spurge!!! I remember because I lost 25% of my hair at the same time. It was exactly when I gained the weight...something in my body just went haywire around that time! Most of the hair did grow back, though I don't think it ever got back to 100%. Maybe like 90%. Anyway, I was CONVINCED I was going bald, and obsessed with my hair all the time. I remember seeing Jessa eating in some restaurant, and she had a HUGE bald spot. I even froze it and took a pic, because it helped me feel better! She also wore those fake bangs for a while. It wouldn't shock me if Jinger had the same, and her hair is thinner anyway. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, jcbrown said:

He does, doesn't he? I'm surprised I didn't notice that, as I often play the "what-animal-would-this-person-be" game with myself.

I do appreciate that Jinger and Jeremy seem to be in love with their little girl. Take a note, Jill and Dreck.

Hahahaha right? People have always talked about him having rodent features, but this is the first time I've really seen a pic and thought, "OMG. RODENT."

• Love 4
19 hours ago, lascuba said:

I don't think Jeremy would like the Gothard curls or the fried perm  Jinger used to sport, but I do think he's the type to resent his wife not looking 100% polished all the time. 

Also, because Jeremy isn’t Gothard, I don’t think he associates “up” hair with being “less hot”. While I think Jeremy is vain and likes to look good (nothing wrong with that) and wants Jinger to look nice (again nothing wrong with that), @Christina87 I don’t think he’s the type that would dictate her hairstyle or her nail polish color for example. 

• Love 10

Idk, I could just kind of see him expecting a ponytail or "up" hair style more like a pretty ponytail or ballerina's bun, not just thrown up. Hopefully, he isn't that picky, but sadly I could see it. I don't personally think there is anything wrong with Jinger's appearance, especially for a new mom, but she was a lot more coiffed pre-baby. I just get this sleazy vibe from Jeremy, like I think if he weren't fundie, he would be the cheating type because he has to have lots of attention and everything has to be about him. I also see him being the type to think, "if I'm putting this much effort into my appearance, she had better be doing the same!" I do feel he would be smart enough to not voice it considering she's recently given birth. I really hope I am wrong, but I can totally see him being that way, as judgmental as he has proven to be in other areas. jessa often wears her hair up, but curled and cute. I could see him preferring that, but again, I hope he has learned to look past looks in his own wife, especially since Jinger just had Felicity and he sees how hard she is working. It all sounds kind of harsh, but plenty of men (who don't look great themselves) expect their wives to look impeccable, and...well...I really, really hope I'm wrong  

IMG_6068.PNG

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Christina87 said:

It all sounds kind of harsh, but plenty of men (who don't look great themselves) expect their wives to look impeccable, and...well...I really, really hope I'm wrong  

Oh yes I certainly know the type you’re refering to, but I think cause Jeremy does put time into his appearance he knows it takes time and effort. Like men with really nice bodies who work out a lot, they know it takes work to keep that body so they won’t harass their wife/gf about her meal plan etc. 

• Love 2

I wonder who did her hair, Gothard approved. ? Refering  to Gothard and her family’s fixation with those damn curls. Hannie is a beautiful girl.

Edited by SMama
Autocorrect sucks.
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, SMama said:

I wonder who did her hair, Gothard approved. ? Refereing to Gothard and her family’s fixation with those damn curls. Hannie is a beautiful girl.

Hanna does have textbook perfect Gothard Approved Banana Curls!  I bet Jana fixed her hair.

I see Hanna is wearing a fancy, lace skirt with a chambray work shirt.  Strange combo. And, of course, her required undershirt!

• Love 8

IF the show is still going on (which I could see), Hannie will be in a courtship at seventeen. Boob needs to keep that money flowing!

ETA: upon a close look, I think her required undershirt is the top of a lace dress! Must be a dress instead of a skirt. Why not just wear the dress? It would have probably been gorgeous, and formal enough for a wedding. Maybe she's self-conscious and wanted something baggy. I was definitely like that at her age! Still, it seems like there would have been a more formal cover-up option available. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 3

Ahhhhh I love this picture that Jinger just posted!!! I think motherhood did for her what it did for Jessa...made her look like a woman instead of a girl. I always thought Jeremy and Jinger looked really mismatched, like a mature man and teenage girl. Now, I think they look really great together!

IMG_6120.PNG

• Love 12

These Gothardite women always have their hair perfectly fanned and front in every photo! That doesn't just happen; they must stop every picture taking episode with, Wait, my hair needs to be perfect over my godly breast!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Ahhhhh I love this picture that Jinger just posted!!! I think motherhood did for her what it did for Jessa...made her look like a woman instead of a girl. I always thought Jeremy and Jinger looked really mismatched, like a mature man and teenage girl. Now, I think they look really great together!

IMG_6120.PNG

I love that little coat on Felicity

• Love 5

Jinger has clearly been taking care of her hair post Jeremy. It looks so much healthier, and it seems like it might be layered, which is a great look if you are going to insist on keeping it long. The other Duggar sisters' hair is a hot mess comparatively (I would say Jessa's is the worst of them all).

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, graefin said:

Jinger has clearly been taking care of her hair post Jeremy. It looks so much healthier, and it seems like it might be layered, which is a great look if you are going to insist on keeping it long. The other Duggar sisters' hair is a hot mess comparatively (I would say Jessa's is the worst of them all).

And Jessa was allegedly the beautician in the family. You'd think she'd be into hair maintenance more than anyone.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

Ok; now I would really like to know the explanation of why Laura has moved in with the Duggars.  This is just so weird to me.

Her family must not be godly enough, and they need someone to do Michelle's job 'round the house. Win-win.

• Love 14
27 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The funny thing is, they claim Laura is a tutor, yet she's always with Jana and never the Duggar children. She's either an employee or she isn't. The whole thing is weird.

I'm nor sure that's it's weird or goes against history at all, actually. "With Jana" is how we see her in pictures. But the pictures are 100 percent made-for-TeeVee PR, I'm pretty sure.

Virtually always when she and Jana are traveling there are kids around to be taken care of. And in this case, all the kids and grandkids were certainly at the wedding. And that's a passel of kids. So there was probably plenty of work that they both had to do.

But since Counting On, the family (and the network?) have been separating out the young-adult group as the TeeVee focus. And you don't very often see the younger kids photographed with anybody older. It's like it's two separate families, one for TeeVee and then the others ....

I also wouldn't be surprised if at least the TeeVee people, and maybe even the Duggars, figure they can stoke interest in the show by having this subliminal rumor going on of the two young-woman lovers. They have to do something to gin up interest in this ridiculous programming. 

And when it comes to "blurred lines between hirelings and family members," I think that's pretty much the way it always is with those various Gothardite hangers-on the Duggs have picked up over the years.

It's just that you used to see them  pictured with a few or several of the older, unmarried Duggs of the same sex. And nobody was coupling them because there'd be three or four or five or more young women in the picture, of whom one or more was a hanger-on of some kind. It's still mostly that way with guy hanger-ons, and they've had a number of them over the years, too. Still do, I think. At this point, though, the only older unmarried Duggar for a female Gothardite to hang with is Jana.

They stay with them to do some kind of work but they're a close part of their world, so they're also like family. (especially considering that, despite their protests, family bonds don't actually mean much in the way of real connection with this crew -- even the ones that are blood related.....It's just a big traveling Gothard-created slime mold. (with deep apologies to slime mold)) After all, the Duggs have long treated many of their own kids like unpaid labor, so treating some poorly paid labor like one of their kids would be no stretch at all for them. 

Edited by Churchhoney
I wanted to be even wordier than I had been.
  • Love 19
49 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I also wouldn't be surprised if at least the TeeVee people, and maybe even the Duggars, figure they can stoke interest in the show by having this subliminal rumor going on of the two young-woman lovers. They have to do something to gin up interest in this ridiculous programming.

That's what I'm starting to think too. You have two of the couples deliberately staying out of the spotlight except for the TV show (Joy/Austin and Joe/Kendra), you have two couples that have been banished to the shadows (Josh/Anna and Jill/Derrick). That currently leaves Jessa/Ben, Jinger/Jeremy, Josiah/Lauren, and JD/Abbie to bring interest. It tends to be the same shit on this show, different day. Babies, courtships, engagements, and marriages. So why not subtly play upon the rumor that there's something more *wink wink* between Laura and Jana?

• Love 11

Plus, Laura looks enough like a Duggar for a super casual viewer, one of the "I just know they have a lot of kids" camp. I think they've been using stand-ins forever. Remember that little girl in the old campaign photo who was dressed like them, who nobody knows?

• Love 6
23 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Poor kid. Hopefully he grows into it.

If not it could be a parlor trick when he gets older.  Hey watch Giddyup stick his entire fist up his nostril!  It could be his ministry.   I joke.  He is a cute old man baby.

20 hours ago, graefin said:

I am sure the better diet has helped.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, floridamom said:

Ok; now I would really like to know the explanation of why Laura has moved in with the Duggars.  This is just so weird to me.

The whole Laura living with the Duggars thing gives me a 19th century vibe and she is Jana's companion.  Back when a poor woman of good breeding had few options for employment.  It does make some sense to me since the Duggars and other Gothard families tend to live a 19th century lifestyle in many ways.  Laura probably does not get a real paycheck from the Duggars, but this way she is still in their bubble.  If she got a job out in the real world, then she might stray from their religious beliefs.  It feels weird to those of us who live in the 21st century where women get a real education and a paying job.  I read a lot of historical fiction, so this does not seem out of the ordinary for me.  

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Temperance said:

I like Johannah's hair. The curls look better than a lot of the old Duggar curls. I also thought she might be a Bates girl for a minute, since she looks those sisters. 

Oh, just to be clear, I was referring to the independent (if we can call them that) adults with my assessment. I would not judge the younger girls for their appearance, because they have limited control over it. The adults can do whatever they want to their hair. Jessa chooses to keep that disheveled, forest-thick, 10-foot-long mess on her head as if it looks good. Maybe sometime in the next decade the rest of the women will modernize their hairstyles the way they've (mostly) modernized their wardrobe after the TV show came into the picture.

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

No to the turban. Sorry. Just no. Looks like she’s about to break out the Mahjong tiles, light up a Virginia Slim 100 and pour herself a martini on the veranda of the senior center.

You say this like there is something wrong with that. HA!!!!!  She totally does.  

• Love 17
36 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Felicity: "You. You three I can tolerate."

She's probably ready to light up a Virginia Slim 100 and drink a martini after spending quality time with MOTY and Kim Jong Boob.

You mean like this travesty?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

No to the turban. Sorry. Just no. Looks like she’s about to break out the Mahjong tiles, light up a Virginia Slim 100 and pour herself a martini on the veranda of the senior center.

Yes!  It's like an old lady going bald (which happens) and I'm old enough to remember Virginia Slims (and smoked some in my foolish 20's.)  I haven't to this day tried a martini, but I do enjoy my wine.  That turban for babies will hopefully be a short-lived fad.  I never would have put that on my bald-till-over a year old daughter.

• Love 6