Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, cmr2014 said:

He's not really an "aspiring pastor" though, is he? He's an aspiring televangelist. In that role, being fit, attractive, and photogenic are important -- and those are the things he works to improve.

Interesting point .... I guess I'm misled by all those books on historical theological figures and biblical exegesis and such that he focuses on .... That's stuff that the more intellectually hefty megachurch people focus on -- like John MacArthur -- but the flat-out televangelists don't at all, as far as I know .... The real televangelists go for a much more Dr. Phil-Law of Attraction -- P.T. Barnum kind of vibe, seems to me ... 

I guess I'd have to say that maybe Jer's as confused as I am .... He's into the look of the thing. .... which does suggest flat-out televangelism. ... .But televangelists don't try to attract people by preaching about theological details. And Jer seems obsessed with that, including in his sermons.... 

It's odd. 

• Love 8

Jeremy and Jinger have a few 'talents' that their siblings/in-laws don't - they don't often piss off folks with their social media posts, at least not in the same way Ben did and Derick, Jill and Jessa do. They don't spend the majority of their time on a couch. They seem to have a few mainstream acquaintances. They didn't produce a honeymoon baby.

Not quite going rogue, but maybe just maybe, Jinger is blazing a trail for some of her siblings to veer even farther off the Fundy path. 

• Love 17
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:39 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

Also they use the KJV bible.  With the Duggar's education, it's not like any of the kids actually understand the language.  All the kids can do is recite memorized bible verses that they have absolutely no clue what the verse actually means.  Of course, this is starting to remind me of one of the reasons for the Protestant Reformation in England (other than Henry VII wanting to trade his wife in for a younger model).  I really don't see how this is any different than a bible and church service being in Latin when the people spoke English. 

Language evolves and new translations are necessary for people to understand.  I cannot imagine the men who created the KJV ever expecting people to be still reading it almost 500 years later. 

Henry VII's wife, Elizabeth of York, died giving birth to their umpteenth child at the age of 37.  Are you maybe thinking of their son, Henry VIII?

• Love 4
23 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Please go to Los Angeles and not Bozeman because we do not want his kind in Montana.

My bet is he will either go to Los Angeles or Dallas.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Henry VII's wife, Elizabeth of York, died giving birth to their umpteenth child at the age of 37.  Are you maybe thinking of their son, Henry VIII?

Yep, I probably typed that quickly on my phone

• Love 2
21 hours ago, awaken said:

Reeks of self absorption. He just wants all of us to say “oh Jeremy, you look aMAYzing!!  Your flesh is in GREAT shape!

He's giving Picasso Face a run for his money in this photo--seriously off-kilter features here.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Fixed it for you.  :-)  Although I still don't find him attractive in the least, but that's just me.

I would not be wanting to brag about it. I also do not find him attractive either.

I do think that Jeremy is attractive... sexy even... and I even want to like him a little. Then i remember the hateful things he preaches about Catholics. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, MamaMax said:

I do think that Jeremy is attractive... sexy even... and I even want to like him a little. Then i remember the hateful things he preaches about Catholics. 

I'm a sucker for the tall, dark, and handsome trope so I'd say Jeremy is attractive. But like you he opens his mouth and I remember why I'd never be able to date him.

Maybe that's why I don't mind his model-inspired Instagram. I think he's easy enough on the eyes, but at the very least he's visually inoffensive.

• Love 9

I'm on the Not Attractive team. Jeremy isn't even remotely good looking to me; I'd say he's borderline fugly. If it wasn't for his dark colouring he'd essentially be a wonky-toothed potato.

Then again I'm someone who never understood the adoration of someone like Brad Pitt either; to me the guy has always looked like a chipmunk on steroids, so perhaps I've just got a weird taste in men.

• Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, Vaysh said:

I'm on the Not Attractive team. Jeremy isn't even remotely good looking to me; I'd say he's borderline fugly. If it wasn't for his dark colouring he'd essentially be a wonky-toothed potato.

Then again I'm someone who never understood the adoration of someone like Brad Pitt either; to me the guy has always looked like a chipmunk on steroids, so perhaps I've just got a weird taste in men.

I don't find him (or Brad Pitt for that matter) attractive either. I mean, I see the attraction in Brad Pitt on a purely aesthetic level, just that he doesn't do anything to make my heart go pitter-pat. (this post is a bit of a work in progress as I somehow hit submit when I wasn't remotely done!)

Jeremy doesn't do a thing for me, though I'll concede that there's probably something there for those who respond to that type.

I don't know that I even HAVE a "type". Likely there are a few of them, but there's not a heck of a lot of overlap. In my younger years I loved Peter O'Toole and Roddy McDowall. I went to a blast from the past and got obsessed with Gary Cooper for a bit, even though he died when I was two. Gene Kelly, Yul Brynner, Richard Burton & Robert Mitchum rounded out some of the "old school" crushes. Oh, and Danny Kaye. My longest obsession was/is probably Anthony Hopkins, whom I totally fell in love with when I was about 14, so that's been a good 45 years and counting. Adored Alan Rickman (RIP *sob*).  Even managed to have a pretty intense thing for Clay Aiken back in the early days of America Idol. Oh, and David Duchovny before that. Plus a weirdly short but fervent Nicolas Cage fixation back in the "Con Air" era. Of late, I found Jensen Ackles of "Supernatural" rapturously beautiful, which almost annoyed me as "pretty" has never really been my thing, but, oooh, *swoon* , and, even more recently, Hale Appleman from "The Magicians" has tugged at my heart to a rather alarming extent (actually, even though they are mostly not mentioned, I think I've always had a bit of a thing for gay guys). So find a pattern there! LOL

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 6

I don't care what anybody says I will never find George Clooney attractive. I just don't get what people see in him.

Sometimes I think Jeremy is hot but then I zoom into his face and he's bleh.... I think I get distracted by his nice clothes. 

Screenshot_20180519-175352_crop_576x990-144x248.png.8f3550c88ecd4df4c43deac7d1326e78.png

Screenshot_20180519-175208_crop_541x700-270x349.jpg.0d8caa7bd2a1e49425ba916540cf81ec.jpg

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I don't find him (or Brad Pitt for that matter) attractive either. I mean, I see the attraction in Brad Pitt on a purely aesthetic level, just that he doesn't do anything to make my heart go pitter-pat. (this post is a bit of a work in progress as I somehow hit submit when I wasn't remotely done!)

Jeremy doesn't do a thing for me, though I'll concede that there's probably something there for those who respond to that type.

I don't know that I even HAVE a "type". Likely there are a few of them, but there's not a heck of a lot of overlap. In my younger years I loved Peter O'Toole and Roddy McDowall. I went to a blast from the past and got obsessed with Gary Cooper for a bit, even though he died when I was two. Gene Kelly, Yul Brynner, Richard Burton & Robert Mitchum rounded out some of the "old school" crushes. Oh, and Danny Kaye. My longest obsession was/is probably Anthony Hopkins, whom I totally fell in love with when I was about 14, so that's been a good 45 years and counting. Adored Alan Rickman (RIP *sob*).  Even managed to have a pretty intense thing for Clay Aiken back in the early days of America Idol. Oh, and David Duchovny before that. Plus a weirdly short but fervent Nicolas Cage fixation back in the "Con Air" era. Of late, I found Jensen Ackles of "Supernatural" rapturously beautiful, which almost annoyed me as "pretty" has never really been my thing, but, oooh, *swoon* , and, even more recently, Hale Appleman from "The Magicians" has tugged at my heart to a rather alarming extent (actually, even though they are mostly not mentioned, I think I've always had a bit of a thing for gay guys). So find a pattern there! LOL

Danny Kaye! Yes yes yes!  And Alan Rickman is my forever love 

• Love 6

If I didn't know who Jeremy was, I might consider him somewhat attractive.  Unfortunately, once he shows how much he loves himself, he automatically goes further down on the scale.  Mr. Six tells me he doesn't understand why I'm attracted to him when he's not my "type".  Give me a tall, black-haired, Italian man, and I'll follow him like a puppy.  I will say Jeremy is one man who looks better with facial hair.  The husband tried the clean-shaven look for about 6 weeks for the first time in 19+ years.  All I saw was my father-in-law.  

We have THE hottest county police officers, and I find myself just staring at them.  We were out to eat with my in-laws and mom, and two officers came in.  My mom & I were trying how to start a fight so we could meet them =)  I always say if they don't pass the hotness test for the county, they have to go work for the city.  (I have the utmost respect for law enforcement, I promise)!

And for a Jinger note, I think she's been visiting us.  Her last update post had a completely different sign.  **Hi Jing!!**

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I don't know that I even HAVE a "type".

I feel ya. My celebrity crushes and attractions veer all over the place. Over the years I've been attracted to everything from girly pretty like Brian Molko and Gerard Way to unconventionally attractive (or ugly, depending on who you ask) Tim Roth and Philip Glenister, as well as popular good-looking men like Viggo Mortensen and Johnny Depp. And of course, Jensen Ackles is freakishly gorgeous. These days I seem to favour guys with big, beautiful eyes like Cillian Murphy and Rufus Sewell. And don't even get me started on the girls...

And yet... Jeremy Vuolo manages to miss all the marks on my attraction meter. He's just one big ball of nope.

• Love 6

If Jeremy were an animal, he'd be a rabbit. It's the big honking front teeth.

The celebrity that I have never found appealing, even before we found out who he is on the inside, is Tom Cruise. His giant nostrils totally turn me off. Ken Olin (thirtysomething) is the same way. And Austin notDuggar (Joy's lovemuffin) , for that matter.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Vaysh said:

I feel ya. My celebrity crushes and attractions veer all over the place. Over the years I've been attracted to everything from girly pretty like Brian Molko and Gerard Way to unconventionally attractive (or ugly, depending on who you ask) Tim Roth and Philip Glenister, as well as popular good-looking men like Viggo Mortensen and Johnny Depp. And of course, Jensen Ackles is freakishly gorgeous. These days I seem to favour guys with big, beautiful eyes like Cillian Murphy and Rufus Sewell. And don't even get me started on the girls...

And yet... Jeremy Vuolo manages to miss all the marks on my attraction meter. He's just one big ball of nope.

Gerard Way is unfairly beautiful. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Vaysh said:

"Freakishly gorgeous" !!! Exactly. As I said, "pretty" has never been my thing, but sometimes there comes a level of "pretty" that's impossible to pass off as simply that. Those features are pretty much perfection.

BTW, had to google most of the other names you mentioned...Gerard Way certainly has a look about him.Tim Roth and Philip Glenister...yeah, I'd say we have some similarity in our tastes based on those photos...Not sure what to think about Brian Molko. And, of course, Viggo Mortensen and Johnny Depp are undeniably gorgeous, though with both of those the attraction doesn't extend a whole lot further than my eyes. A little further, but not all the  way to my heart. 

Cillian Murphy I hadn't heard of either, but the images showing up make me think of Michael Sarrazin whom I remember from an adaptation of the Frankenstein story on TV back in the 70's. And Rufus Sewell always makes me think a bit of Ian McShane, and maybe Oliver Reed who had that similar ability to make you (sorta, kinda, almost...) want to root for the guy you knew you were supposed to hate . I do rather have a thing for that whole sleepy-eyed look.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

https://t.co/lvP2mxTvOI?amp=1

Jeremy is scheduled to speak.

This crowd is crammed with "biblical womanhood" and "biblical femininity" ranters. Woman was made FOR man, not FOR herself, and she'd better never forget it. 

The Christian-guys-who've-always-been-in-charge-and-believe-they-deserve-that-status-forever must be REALLY nervous about women's [slow] move toward equality.

Because this is a slate of youngish guys who are filling the world with sermons and blog posts about how female submissiveness is totes the final and absolute Word of the Lord and the world faces destruction if we forget it. 

• Love 14
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s one, which will lead you to others:

I think that he will grow in his sermons as he gains more experience.  I think this must have been recorded before he got married, as he is not wearing a wedding ban. 

5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Because this is a slate of youngish guys who are filling the world with sermons and blog posts about how female submissivness

I think of Fifty Shades of Grey when I see this phrase. Just me??

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Lunera said:

I don't care what anybody says I will never find George Clooney attractive. I just don't get what people see in him.

Sometimes I think Jeremy is hot but then I zoom into his face and he's bleh.... I think I get distracted by his nice clothes. 

Screenshot_20180519-175352_crop_576x990-144x248.png.8f3550c88ecd4df4c43deac7d1326e78.png

Screenshot_20180519-175208_crop_541x700-270x349.jpg.0d8caa7bd2a1e49425ba916540cf81ec.jpg

I thought George Clooney was hot for years, and then a friend pointed out that he has no top lip and I haven't been able to unsee that since. 

*Bearded* Jeremy, I think, is attractive without doing anything for me personally, if that makes sense. And that's completely disregarding who he is as a person and going solely by looks.

• Love 5

Jeremy is what, 30? 31? I can't see him wanting a steady stream of newborns and toddlers when he approaches his 40s. Both he and Jingle like traveling and having nice things, which will be harder to do if their budget gets stretched thin. I see two or three kids for them, tops.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jeremy is what, 30? 31? I can't see him wanting a steady stream of newborns and toddlers when he approaches his 40s. Both he and Jingle like traveling and having nice things, which will be harder to do if their budget gets stretched thin. I see two or three kids for them, tops.

Agreed, unless those TLC specials' checks have enough zeros to provide incentive for more. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Plus, Jeremy never seems to sincerely smile in any pictures with the Duggar clan.

Would you? I think he tolerates them, but doesn't like most of them. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Plus, Jeremy never seems to sincerely smile in any pictures with the Duggar clan.

True.

Of course except for their groupies -- who don't actually know them but are just taking photos with their heroes -- I'm not sure anybody sincerely smiles in pictures with the Duggar clan. And that includes not only the adjacents but the actual members of the Duggar clan. 

• Love 1
On May 17, 2018 at 8:14 PM, Lunera said:

Jinger posted a bump update and a throwback picture with her bestie Jessa. I love how she's stealing the attention on Jill's birthday.

I am sooooo THRILLED she changed the board so that it's readable!!!

22 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

And Alan Rickman is my forever love 

LOVE Alan Rickman!

21 hours ago, Vaysh said:

I'm so with you on Viggo Mortensen, Johnny Depp and Jensen Ackles.  Add in my "oldies" George Harrison, a young Stephen Tyler, Pierce Brosnon, Jason Isaacs and a ton of Celtic band members Jeremy just doesn't do anything for me

• Love 1

I ran into Alan Rickman in a museum and was rendered paralyzed. Couldn't speak or even look directly at him, he was so gorgeous. Tom Cruise is skanky-looking and he can't act, that's all I have.

Jeremy is the best looking of all the Duggar-adjacent males but that isn't saying much. 

Ok Jessa's boys are the best looking. For now.

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Jason Isaacs

I forgot Jason Isaacs. Jason Isaacs makes evil disturbingly attractive. I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to find Lucius Malfoy shag-worthy what with him being a nasty pureblood supremacist and all, but there Jason is, with his nose and his hair and his robes and the pimp cane and grraaargh. The man has enough charisma to make even unpleasant characters desirable.

Perhaps that is why Jeremy just won't hit the spot for me. There is no charisma there. At all. He's just... bland. Which is why I doubt his career as an evangelical preacher will go anywhere much no matter how many theological degrees he earns.

• Love 12
46 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I ran into Alan Rickman in a museum and was rendered paralyzed. Couldn't speak or even look directly at him, he was so gorgeous. Tom Cruise is skanky-looking and he can't act, that's all I have.

Jeremy is the best looking of all the Duggar-adjacent males but that isn't saying much. 

Gah! I'd have died!

A few years ago when I was visiting my cousin in England,  she casually mentioned that her ex-husband occasionally played golf with Alan Rickman's brother. Just that was enough to leave me completely twitterpated, so it's probably for the best that that was as close as I ever got to actually seeing him (Alan, not his brother) in the flesh.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Vaysh said:

I forgot Jason Isaacs. Jason Isaacs makes evil disturbingly attractive. I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to find Lucius Malfoy shag-worthy what with him being a nasty pureblood supremacist and all, but there Jason is, with his nose and his hair and his robes and the pimp cane and grraaargh. The man has enough charisma to make even unpleasant characters desirable.

I LOVE Jason Isaacs too! Any other mere mortal in that unfortunate Malfoy wig would have looked like an Afghan Hound, but he somehow rocked it. The first thing I saw him in was The Patriot when I was a teenager, and I remember thinking, "Am I supposed to find the evil British officer this attractive. . . .?" His Captain Hook is great too! :D

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Vaysh said:

There is a reason why many women in the fandom call him “Luscious” Malfoy.  

I have to throw a couple into the ring. My male tastes are varied and are mostly based on...oh I don’t know.  

Mmmmmm Jason Mamoa

Alexander Skarsgard 

Dwayne Johnston

David Duchovny

Robert Downey Jr

Ryan Reynolds

As far as the dugadjacents, I find nice be to be crush worthy.  Bin is cute in a lost puppy kind of way.  Jeremy is probably rocking Jing’s world but he does nada for me.

The others?  Meh.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Agree.  That bar is set so low, Ben is almost attractive.  If TLC was just meeting the Duggar clan today, most of the family, male and female, would be considered too unattractive/plain looking for a television series.   

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Gah! I'd have died!

A few years ago when I was visiting my cousin in England,  she casually mentioned that her ex-husband occasionally played golf with Alan Rickman's brother. Just that was enough to leave me completely twitterpated, so it's probably for the best that that was as close as I ever got to actually seeing him (Alan, not his brother) in the flesh.

Me too! Alan Rickman just oozed gorgeous..... at least for me, then again, I always loved older British men. Don't get me started on Oliver Reed. Granted, I had a thing for him since I was like 12 so that did make him older at the time. 

• Love 4