Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Did Jinge & Jer say anything during their wedding ceremony about how many children they would like or if they are leaving it up to God?  

I think the Vuolos were in control of the ceremony. Didn't his father do the cermony? JinJer has never publically stated that as far as I know. Anna and Josh, Jill and Derick, Joy and Austin, Kendra and Joseph have all said "they were leaving it up to God." in public statements. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

I think the Vuolos were in control of the ceremony. Didn't his father do the cermony? JinJer has never publically stated that as far as I know. Anna and Josh, Jill and Derick, Joy and Austin, Kendra and Joseph have all said "they were leaving it up to God." in public statements. 

What about the Seewalds? 

I always thought that a small piece of latex could not stop the will of God. I also think these people are foolish to practice NO birth control at all. At least be mindful of the calendar. Not using ANY precautions is just irresponsible. This is just my opinion on the subject.

Erin has proven to me that she is not truly an educated woman with her silly statement about conceiving children..."yeah, like we have a choice '. Anyone remember that one?

• Love 16
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

Erin has proven to me that she is not truly an educated woman with her silly statement about conceiving children..."yeah, like we have a choice '. Anyone remember that one?

Erin's also the one who keeps saying it was a "total surprise" when she pops up pregnant, so if they haven't figured it out by now, they never will.

• Love 13
36 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Erin's also the one who keeps saying it was a "total surprise" when she pops up pregnant, so if they haven't figured it out by now, they never will.

That confirms my longstanding opinion that Erin is an idiot. 

• Love 14
14 hours ago, floridamom said:

I always thought that a small piece of latex could not stop the will of God. I also think these people are foolish to practice NO birth control at all. At least be mindful of the calendar. Not using ANY precautions is just irresponsible. This is just my opinion on the subject.

That she's surprised to be pregnant is kinda dumb. But she and the rest of the women aren't dumb for thinking they don't have a choice.  It's not that they don't know where babies come from or how to prevent them. It's that they have the stupid cult in which they were raised in their heads telling them it's immoral to do anything to prevent pregnancy.  They have to be joyfully available and they're not allowed to use birth control. It's a very hard mindset to escape. The Bates girls have the added bonus that Kelly is one of their closest friends. I know Kelly's type and I'm sure she puts pressure on them to live the way they were raised. 

I was raised Catholic. Depending on the church and where in the world/country you are, it may be controversial to say you want to use anything other than natural planning including condoms. It gives me some insight into what these women are going through. 

For whatever reason, it's easier for some people to leave their upbringing behind than others.  This belief seems to be at the core of what they believe and that makes it harder for them to reject what they were taught. 

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jinger carries pregnancy beautifully, but damn, it feels like she's been knocked up for two years now. Did they announce really early?

I think they announced at twelve weeks. It just seems like every Duggar pregnancy lasts forever. 

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Yet still no skintight shirts and ass-hugging skirts. Maybe this Duggarette really did leave and cleave. 

No mirror "look at me" pictures either. Might be a little hard to tell with her sitting like that, but it almost seems like she is wearing a decent bra too. Take hint Joy for when you are pregnant again in a few months. I think Jinger looks great!

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Madtown said:

No mirror "look at me" pictures either. Might be a little hard to tell with her sitting like that, but it almost seems like she is wearing a decent bra too. Take hint Joy for when you are pregnant again in a few months. I think Jinger looks great!

I think she's cute as a button.  I also think the baby will be a beauty with a head full of dark hair.

• Love 14
(edited)
4 hours ago, Heathen said:

Yet still no skintight shirts and ass-hugging skirts. Maybe this Duggarette really did leave and cleave. 

She also started out with somewhat better taste in clothing, I think. If Jana ever were married and pregnant, I'd expect her not to go the skintight route either. Jinger and Jana have paid more attention to their clothes and had a more mainstream style all along, I think. Whereas I always feel that Jill and Jessa somehow think their hideous clothes are a tribute to Duggardom and Gothardom and that the skintight preggers gear is part of that whole thing.... And poor old Joyless is just a sheep. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I think Baby Vuolo will be a pretty girl.  Jin is cute, and it would be nice for her to have a mini-me.

Dare I hope that JinJer will be a 3 child max family?  I'm betting they will.

Please please please, for the children's sake and the parents'. How many bedrooms does their house have?

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Please please please, for the children's sake and the parents'. How many bedrooms does their house have?

4 bedrooms - 1 of which is Jeremy's office with all the bookshelves and a 2nd is the master bedroom.  

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

4 bedrooms - 1 of which is Jeremy's office with all the bookshelves and a 2nd is the master bedroom.  

That leaves two bedrooms. Let's say two girls and a boy. The girls are in one room, the boy in another. Two in one room is normal (twelve in one room is not). Dog, I hope common sense wins out in Laredo. 

• Love 16

Common sense may not win, but Jinger looks tired and I can't see Jeremy with more than three or four kids running around disturbing things, making noise, and needing to be changed. 

• Love 10

Everyone is assuming that Jinger and Jeremy practiced natural family planning or some form of “birth control” but what if they just struggled to get pregnant? For all we know they’ve been trying for awhile and it just took them longer than the rest of the married off kids? My husband and I have been trying for almost a year with timed intercourse and tracking everything with no luck...I wouldn’t bank on them being ones to actively try to NOT get pregnant to just “enjoy their first year”...One couple we know kept saying they didn’t really want kids or were not sure if they wanted them and come to find out they are in our infertility group...it’s not uncommon.

• Love 3

No, it's not uncommon, but Jeremy's answers to the questions about babies from day one were not the usual Duggar type answers.  The church group his church is in has zero problem with using birth control and his parents only have three children.  He also talked about their plans for the first five or so years of marriage.  This guy listened to his father's pre-marital advice and I'm confident part of that was to not have his wife get pregnant the first year.  Jinger conceived all too conveniently right on time according to their plan for them to have not been preventing.

• Love 20
6 hours ago, otterrr said:

Everyone is assuming that Jinger and Jeremy practiced natural family planning or some form of “birth control” but what if they just struggled to get pregnant? For all we know they’ve been trying for awhile and it just took them longer than the rest of the married off kids? My husband and I have been trying for almost a year with timed intercourse and tracking everything with no luck...I wouldn’t bank on them being ones to actively try to NOT get pregnant to just “enjoy their first year”...One couple we know kept saying they didn’t really want kids or were not sure if they wanted them and come to find out they are in our infertility group...it’s not uncommon.

They did interviews actually stating no kids for the first year, so they were doing something at least. Almost with perfect timing, she was pregnant....Also, best wishes to your family. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

She has some cute maternity outfits

Seems like they go on a getaway about once a month or so. It was right before Easter that they were off somewhere relaxing. So that was about 5 or 6 weeks ago. I guess plenty of people "in the real world" take weekend trips, so maybe that's all these getaways amount to. But I agree that the whole Duggar clan vacations a lot!

• Love 18
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Jenilane6 said:

The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island is pretty pricey!  Nice friends.

I didn't know where they were/are. Thanks for telling us! I googled it and confirmed. 

I assumed they were house sitting or visiting friends in a house belonging to their friends. That is a really nice place. I also wonder who gave the vacation to them. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, awaken said:

Yeah, exactly. What is she taking a break from, other than her everyday life of keeping house for two adults and gestating, and him reading theology books and occasionally showing up at church in between other fun trips?  As most people do, we worked, took care of our other children, while I was pregnant, and no one donated vacations for us!  

I tend to agree with what you were saying, but this is their first child. 

I think I need to get some new friends, who will donate vacations to me. 

• Love 13

Wow, how did they get to South Carolina? This resort is in SC, right?

I have never encountered a group of people who vacation and travel so often as this group. How is it that they are never actually HOME?

How is it that they know all these wealthy people who 'gift' vacations to them....Dillards included? Remember Jill's gifted vacation to that resort in Danger America?

What airline to they use so I can buy stock in it? (I don't think JD flew them there in Duggar Airlines).

• Love 21
(edited)
11 hours ago, Jenilane6 said:

The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island is pretty pricey!  Nice friends.

I suppose it's a matter of "celebrities get the nicest 'gifts,'" and often from people who can afford them less easily than the celebs themselves (although not in this case, probably.) I always figure those celeb gifts are more like the old "tributes to the gods" that got made in most cultures in ancient times. 

I'm still waiting for a donated trip as, I think, is pretty much everybody I know. The famous, and even the little bit famous, get them all the time, though, I think. 

The Duggalos and the rest of the clan will probably find out this fact of life a decade or so down the line, when they're no longer on TeeVee.

ETA: I see the resort's offering a "babymoon" package this year. Maybe somebody got them that. Those seem to run in the Duggar family -- Jill and Der took one before Sam, didn't they. And theirs was probably a gift as well. 

https://kiawahresort.com/packages/experiences/babymoon/

The rest of us are more likely to get a boss line like this, "Can you finish this stuff up for me before you take off to have the baby? I'm going to be extra busy when you're gone and I'd sure appreciate it if this mess was already done! 'kay? Thanks!" 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 23
23 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

$450 per person per night? Minimum 2 night stay? Yikes! Not cheap. 

I make a nice living and I’ve vacationed at Seabrook Island which is next to Kiawah. I’ve even eaten lunch at The Sanctuary- delicious but very expensive.  What I haven’t done is spend the night at The Sanctuary because it is ridiculously overpriced.  Of course, someone gifted JinJer with a two night stay to the tune of two grand.  What a waste, IMO!

• Love 19

I wonder if it was JereME's parents who gave the getaway gift?  Or even TLC?  Might JereME call it a gift trip when they were actually filming the show?  By the way, for my own information, is Counting On filmed or taped or video'd or what?

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I wonder if it was JereME's parents who gave the getaway gift?  Or even TLC?  Might JereME call it a gift trip when they were actually filming the show?  By the way, for my own information, is Counting On filmed or taped or video'd or what?

It would annoy me less if it was TLC, because at least that would be a plot line. I swear, I wish I could write their social media captions to make them more relatable to the public. If they had said they were going on vacation to enjoy the sights and learn the history of the place instead of relaxing, that would be more palatable to the public. Also, they could have said they were going somewhere one last time without kids in tow, and that would have been relatable. Also, unless they are going to thank the specific friend, I'm not sure why the fact that the trip was grifted needed to be in there at all!

• Love 13