Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

It would surprise me if Jer isn't getting a break on tuition because he's going to bring them -- is already bringing them -- some fame that I'm sure they want, though. He's obviously been trying for a while to cultivate MacArthur and company, and I'd be shocked if it hasn't paid off for him to at least some extent. ..... I'm sure they view his bringing the Duggar-related attention to them a major pr coup -- and you'd want to reward somebody for that, I think. 

This is exactly the impression I got.  A financial break was probably given for the fame and noteriety Jeremy would bring, esp with his ultracool composed instagram posts about theology books basically advertising the program!   

7 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I think that all the children were deliberately trained from infancy to stay up late at night and sleep late in the morning because that was what suited Jim Bob and Michelle's needs. Even before the TLC era, Jim Bob never worked a 9 to 5 job and I get the feeling that he and Michelle were never "morning people" and never really got rolling before noon. The kids were probably told to either sleep late or tiptoe around the house until their parents made their appearance (and God help the J'Slave who couldn't keep the younger kids quiet while Mama and Daddy were "resting").

I remember on one of the old shows, they showed the family having Bible time after 9pm with all the kids!  It seemed really late to me to be up and trying to get kids to pay attention.  I was imagining the kids were probably too tired to care at that point and really needed to get to bed.  

14 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

A co-worker of mine is getting her Ph.D via a long distance program. She is required to show up at the actual campus (in another state) one week per semester. 

I can see Jeremy doing this. And, unlike Derrick, he doesn’t need to bring his wife and child with him for that one week! 

Yes, I was thinking he'd be doing distance learning and now has the perfect excuse to visit LA often, whenever he's required to be on site for the program.  Win-win for Jeremy.  We shall see if Jinger tags along, or if she's able to stay on her own at home with a baby (gasp!!!).  (And will the airfare be generously donated by someone?)

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, awaken said:

I remember on one of the old shows, they showed the family having Bible time after 9pm with all the kids!  It seemed really late to me to be up and trying to get kids to pay attention.  I was imagining the kids were probably too tired to care at that point and really needed to get to bed.  

I remember that.  I was like, um, several of those kids should have been in bed by 7 or 730 because they were so young.  But if they're not getting up until 11 am who knows?

There was also one of those TLCgo maybe clips of them building the masonry foundation for the cabin I think it was and they had a professional there that was going to guide them and direct them and make sure it was done correctly, and Jim Boob and the boys all wander down and the pro is setting stuff up and already working and he says something like, I was wondering if you were going to make it, or it's about time you got here.  A couple of the boys seemed embarrassed but Jim Boob just laughed and was like, well you know.  I swear the look on the pro's face was like he wanted to slap the shit out of Boob

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, awaken said:

This is exactly the impression I got.  A financial break was probably given for the fame and noteriety Jeremy would bring, esp with his ultracool composed instagram posts about theology books basically advertising the program!   

Yes, I was thinking he'd be doing distance learning and now has the perfect excuse to visit LA often, whenever he's required to be on site for the program.  Win-win for Jeremy.  We shall see if Jinger tags along, or if she's able to stay on her own at home with a baby (gasp!!!).  (And will the airfare be generously donated by someone?)

I remember that too. I'm asleep by 9pm! 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

A co-worker of mine is getting her Ph.D via a long distance program. She is required to show up at the actual campus (in another state) one week per semester. 

I can see Jeremy doing this. And, unlike Derrick, he doesn’t need to bring his wife and child with him for that one week! 

But I bet he WILL bring them.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, awaken said:

Jeremy will have to leave Laredo for at least two years to study at the seminary where he was accepted.

The Master of Divinity degree from Master's Seminary takes 3 – 4 years to complete. It requires completing 98 credit units.  Only 30% of the credits can be taken online.  To complete the rest of the coursework, Jeremy will have to go to one of the campus locations at Los Angeles, Springfield, VA, Dallas, Spokane, Bozeman, MT, or Central Valley, CA.  Jeremy will have to move to one of these locations and live there for at least two years. 

I am convinced that he will want to go to Los Angeles because that is where the president of the seminary lives and teaches.  The same guy is also the pastor of the local Grace Community Church there. Jeremy, I am sure, will want to cozy up to this influential man. 

https://www.tms.edu/

• Love 6
(edited)
52 minutes ago, louannems said:

Does this Grace Community Church have any affiliate with the PP's Grace Community Church in Arizona?

Absolutely not. PP's church is Faithful Word Baptist. 

(eta: I have stood at its front door and lived to tell the tale. I even have pics, but they are on the laptop.)

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
(edited)
57 minutes ago, louannems said:

Does this Grace Community Church have any affiliate with the PP's Grace Community Church in Arizona?

Pretty sure it's not ..

Edited by Churchhoney
57 minutes ago, louannems said:

6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

(eta: I have stood at its front door and lived to tell the tale. I even have pics, but they are on the laptop.)

Are you talking about the Pissing Preacher?

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

That is stupid and absurd and I don't even have enough synonyms for "idiotic." Really, you have to pee standing up to get respect? Shut up, patriarchal scared sniveling asshats. And I include Derrick and Boob in that number, to be sure.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I was thinking PP was planned parenthood. The pissing preacher would blow a gasket. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, jcbrown said:

That is stupid and absurd and I don't even have enough synonyms for "idiotic." Really, you have to pee standing up to get respect? Shut up, patriarchal scared sniveling asshats. And I include Derrick and Boob in that number, to be sure.

I have never heard of this guy, nor watched the video ...

When my daughter was about 3 years old I walked into the bathroom and she was practically straddling the toilet in an attempt to stand up and pee. Maybe we weren't giving her enough respect.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, I guess my friend who had bladder cancer should get ALL the respect now. They had to remove her bladder, construct a new one and she uses a stoma to pee STANDING UP. <rolls eyes>

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Mollie said:

Jeremy will have to leave Laredo for at least two years to study at the seminary where he was accepted.

The Master of Divinity degree from Master's Seminary takes 3 – 4 years to complete. It requires completing 98 credit units.  Only 30% of the credits can be taken online.  To complete the rest of the coursework, Jeremy will have to go to one of the campus locations at Los Angeles, Springfield, VA, Dallas, Spokane, Bozeman, MT, or Central Valley, CA.  Jeremy will have to move to one of these locations and live there for at least two years. 

I am convinced that he will want to go to Los Angeles because that is where the president of the seminary lives and teaches.  The same guy is also the pastor of the local Grace Community Church there. Jeremy, I am sure, will want to cozy up to this influential man. 

Jeremy is making Money Moves! 

He loves the fame and has big goals.  I forget why his soccer career crapped out but The Holy Goalie has a new plan! 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, jcbrown said:

WHAT THE HELL??? I am having every reaction right now: fury, hysterical laughing, contempt, incredulity, and on and on. 

MY,  we certainly have a large number of morons on this planet. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

WHAT THE HELL??? I am having every reaction right now: fury, hysterical laughing, contempt, incredulity, and on and on. 

MY,  we certainly have a large number of morons on this planet. 

I'm actually a bit disappointed; I thought he was going to whip it out and have a go right on the church wall.  That'd show all those sitters!

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Marigold said:

Jeremy is making Money Moves! 

He loves the fame and has big goals.  I forget why his soccer career crapped out but The Holy Goalie has a new plan! 

I might not be a fan but at least he isn't content to live off of JB at TTH doing odd jobs for a living. He does love fame and Jinger helps. 

• Love 17
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I might not be a fan but at least he isn't content to live off of JB at TTH doing odd jobs for a living. He does love fame and Jinger helps. 

That is true!  At least he is furthering his education and trying to do things rather than hang out and chill. 

• Love 7
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:07 PM, Mollie said:

Please go to Los Angeles and not Bozeman because we do not want his kind in Montana.

4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

How humbling of Jeremy. He words would maybe have an iota of truth if they weren't typed under a close-up.

It's akin to Kim K apologizing for her jeans being too tight.

• Love 13
(edited)

Jinger posted a bump update and a throwback picture with her bestie Jessa. I love how she's stealing the attention on Jill's birthday.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Reeks of self absorption. He just wants all of us to say “oh Jeremy, you look aMAYzing!!  Your flesh is in GREAT shape!”  

• Love 24

I still can't believe Jingle is only 31 weeks. This is the slowest pregnancy in the history of pregnancies ever. I remember with Erin and Alyssa Bates, it felt like they announced their third pregnancies and gave birth a month later. Maybe it's because they weren't doing weekly updates.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

As I understand it, Jer, you didn't so much "retire" as fizzle out and then leave abruptly before the last team had a chance to cut you. (And the whole career was three teams in three years -- the second of which actually DID cut you and the third of which was a minor-league team where you rode the bench for your whole tenure) But whatever. 

Sometimes I think he's as insecure as Derick but he just shows it in a different way. Why else would he spend so much time posing?  (and fiddling with photos to make sure he has exactly the right look -- like this Jer-in-color-against-the-B&W-background.....Seriously...)

I just know Jeremy messed with his hair forever until he told Jinger to take his picture!

• Love 16
18 minutes ago, louannems said:

I just know Jeremy messed with his hair forever until he told Jinger to take his picture!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. No way that lock was just hanging down there in front like that, for one thing .... 

He must study fashion ads. ... Like if you grabbed one of his hefty theology tomes, there'd be an issue of Vogue wedged between the pages -- open to some male-model spread.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I still can't believe Jingle is only 31 weeks. This is the slowest pregnancy in the history of pregnancies ever. I remember with Erin and Alyssa Bates, it felt like they announced their third pregnancies and gave birth a month later. Maybe it's because they weren't doing weekly updates.

For me, Jill Rodrigues holds that record.  Her last pregnancy seemed to go on FOREVER!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Normades said:

For me, Jill Rodrigues holds that record.  Her last pregnancy seemed to go on FOREVER!

Given that my daughter's pregnancy overlapped these, and that she told us pretty much as soon as the pee-stick was dry, I guess I haven't really felt that they were as long as all that. There were too many new and different things to experience as a real-life grandma-to-be.

I suppose that since I also broke the news here as soon as we heard, her pregnancy might have seemed interminable as well, though I did try not to bring it up at every opportunity, so at least it wasn't a constant dripping on all your heads. Apologies if it ever felt that way!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. No way that lock was just hanging down there in front like that, for one thing .... 

He must study fashion ads. ... Like if you grabbed one of his hefty theology tomes, there'd be an issue of Vogue wedged between the pages -- open to some male-model spread.

I might actually respect him if I that were the case.

• Love 6
(edited)
11 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think he looks pretty hot. Opps, sorry.  I don't think I am supposed to say things like that. lol 

Well, that's certainly his intention, so I'm sure it's okay with him if you say that!

I'm fine with people looking hot ....

I just find it kind of pitiful and annoying when somebody seems to take such an eager, studied and clumsily pompous approach to creating a hot image for themselves (over and over and over again).... I also think that's kind of a weird way for a supposed aspiring pastor to spend his energy. 

If you can convince me that Jer's hotness is natural and unstudied, though, I'll be fine with it! 

It just always strikes me as way too much of a try-hard thing. Because of that, I question his security and his priorities. 

The worst thing about this post, though, to me, is the bullshit about retirement. He didn't retire from his sport. He fizzled out and then absconded before a second team could cut him........There's absolutely nothing wrong or shameful in that....But I think it's unsuitable for, again, an aspiring pastor to lie -- at least by implication -- about it.

I know a couple of guys who left professional sports under similar circumstances -- although with longer and better records of success that Jer's -- and they don't say they retired. They say they slumped, couldn't regain their form and ultimately got cut. 

I'd expect an aspiring pastor not to fudge the truth for no other purpose but to salve his own ego. .... And if he won't do that, I think of him less as an aspiring pastor and more as a Jim-Bob emulator.....   Now I'll bet that would upset Jeremy no end! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think he looks pretty hot. Opps, sorry.  I don't think I am supposed to say things like that. lol 

Of the Duggar husbands he is the best looking!

• Love 11
1 minute ago, DragonFaerie said:

Fixed it for you.  :-)  Although I still don't find him attractive in the least, but that's just me.

He's not my type (I like a little more manly as in less metrosexual) yet he's pleasant looking  but you are right.  The Duggar boys look like old men before their time.  They don't even seem to have sparkling personalities that could override being homely.  Bummer for them!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

And the Duggar males unfortunate hairlines - shudders.  Of course my husband has not quite mid back hair, so ....

A buzz cut looks great on a lot of men.  They just need to give up the ghost and take that hair off!  Mr. Natalie is a bit light on the top of his head so he buzzes it.  Quite sexy!  I love long hair on men.  Not all can pull it off but some can very easily!

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

He's not my type (I like a little more manly as in less metrosexual) yet he's pleasant looking  but you are right.  The Duggar boys look like old men before their time.  They don't even seem to have sparkling personalities that could override being homely.  Bummer for them!

The only one who came close to having personality and spark was poor Josiah, and look how that turned out. Multiple trips to Alert and an engagement to a girl who's about as exciting as stale Wonder Bread.

• Love 15
Just now, BitterApple said:

The only one who came close to having personality and spark was poor Josiah, and look how that turned out. Multiple trips to Alert and an engagement to a girl who's about as exciting as stale Wonder Bread.

Can you imagine this being your life??!!!

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I've read the gene for male baldness is carried by the mother. I'm not sure if that is true. I have one brother with it and one without it. lol  And the same mother.  Apparently, that myth isn't true.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2016/04/29/the-unpredictable-genetics-of-male-pattern-baldness/#39032a6657a4

Both my sons (32 and 27) are pretty sparse hairline-wise, as was Mr. Jyn when we first met. On the other hand, he has five brothers who have retained lush heads of hair well into their 50's. I have no siblings, so don't really know what my side of the family would be like. My mom's brother was fairly bald as far back as I can remember him. My dad didn't really start thinning up top until he was probably pretty much into his 60's, and his brothers both died fairly young (47 & 62), but still had pretty full heads of hair at that point. So I don't know whether my sons  can blame their MPB on me. They will probably try, though. :)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

The worst thing about this post, though, to me, is the bullshit about retirement. He didn't retire from his sport. He fizzled out and then absconded before a second team could cut him........There's absolutely nothing wrong or shameful in that....But I think it's unsuitable for, again, an aspiring pastor to lie -- at least by implication -- about it.

I'd expect an aspiring pastor not to fudge the truth for no other purpose but to salve his own ego. .... And if he won't do that, I think of him less as an aspiring pastor and more as a Jim-Bob emulator.....   Now I'll bet that would upset Jeremy no end! 

He's not really an "aspiring pastor" though, is he? He's an aspiring televangelist. In that role, being fit, attractive, and photogenic are important -- and those are the things he works to improve.

• Love 8