Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

No, I think Jeremy is just saying that it's closer. They still have to fly to Josiah's wedding next weekend.

Oh no!  Then Jinger will be close to Jill, which could have dire consequences if Jinger goes into labor in Arkansas.  Jill would just love to be midwife and try to control things.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

How do they wear black in June in Laredo Texas and NOT sweat???

They were probably only outside for a minute, and air-conditioning can be too cold. It depends on the clothing material, too. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:
11 hours ago, truthtalk2014 said:

Baby is here?

No, I think Jeremy is just saying that it's closer. They still have to fly to Josiah's wedding next weekend.

I could see Jeremy suggesting they sit the wedding out. That IG could be paving the way to explain their absence with a minimum of drama. He clearly has less room in his life for the in-laws than the other BILs.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

How do they wear black in June in Laredo Texas and NOT sweat???

Wearing black doesn't really make much difference. IMO it's fabric and fit that matter more. There are desert tribes who wear black (Tauregs I think). I live in a really hot climate and would never wear black if it really mattered.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I noticed her roots are lighter than the ends. I wondered if prior to the pregnancy, Jinger tended to dye her hair a couple shades darker and her natural hair color is more along the same lines as her sisters.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, asuwur said:

Gosh...she looks so normal and healthy compared to all of them (Except Kendra...she appears to have rocked it...) especially Joy. I looked like a Macy's float at 36 weeks. She's clearly been eating correctly. Her skin looks fantastic with what appears to be minimal make up. Not being on the compound clearly looks good on her! Here's to wishing her a sweet little 7lb, 8oz, 19 inch, non- toddler sized baby girl born with appropriate medical care and minimal Duggar intervention. 

Yeah, she doesn't look bloated in the arms/face area at all, and if she has gained weight in those areas, it's good weight appropriately placed.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

I noticed her roots are lighter than the ends. I wondered if prior to the pregnancy, Jinger tended to dye her hair a couple shades darker and her natural hair color is more along the same lines as her sisters.

Wouldn't the shades be the other way around then? Lighter roots and darker ends? .... Or I could be confused! 

3 hours ago, louannems said:

Or the scalding Laredo sun has bleached the top?

I think it's mostly that the whole bottom part of her hair in that photo is in shadow between her and Jeremy's shoulder. The parts of her hair around her face which are shaded are a similar color. That being said, I think she DID used to dye her hair a couple of shades darker than her sisters, but I think she lightened it back up some time ago.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, asuwur said:

I could see Jeremy suggesting they sit the wedding out. That IG could be paving the way to explain their absence with a minimum of drama. He clearly has less room in his life for the in-laws than the other BILs.

Looking it up most of the ob journals and such do not recommend traveling 36 weeks and out.  Some say flying between 28-36 weeks require a medical note from your doctor.  I guess if they send JD down with the plane to pick them up, that won't matter, but if I were Jeremy I might be asking the doctor - is it really safe for her to fly on the family plane, both down to the wedding and back?  There's no way Jinger is going to want to sit in a car for like 12 hours to drive the distance, and who could blame her.  That, and if something happens when they are in Ark. they'll be there with Jill and her medical bag of things, and everyone wanting to pull out the baby pool.  

I think Jeremy should totally say, we're staying home in case the baby comes early and we don't want to risk complications while traveling.  Of course that's if the wedding really does happen on the 30th.

• Love 10

I'd look for any excuse to skip another Boob arranged marriage.  I don't know how close Jin and Si are, but hell yeah.  Jer may very well put his headship foot down, all things considered.

Is People magazine still paying for exclusives on this bunch?  Another Duggar wedding, and most likely another honeymoon baby on the way?  Have any Duggars scored a cover story since Ben & Jessa's latest blessing??  Snore...

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Who is that between Jana and Jeremy?

Long-time family friend Laura Demasie. She mostly spends her time around Jana and Jessa and she's the one that planned Joy and Austin's wedding.

• Love 3

Jeremy removed the comment section from this picture. Did anyone see any of the comments before he did that? Maybe someone posted personal info about something. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jeremy removed the comment section from this picture. Did anyone see any of the comments before he did that? Maybe someone posted personal info about something. 

I am a comment reader addict.  Let's see: There were leg humper comments spouting how wonderful it is that the sisters get together.  Some wanted to know who Laura was.  And I do remember a comment or more speculating if Laura and Jana were a couple.

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, louannems said:

I am a comment reader addict.  Let's see: There were leg humper comments spouting how wonderful it is that the sisters get together.  Some wanted to know who Laura was.  And I do remember a comment or more speculating if Laura and Jana were a couple.

I will admit that I'm old, but I think it's sweet (TM) that lesbianism is so main-stream that people are comfortable speculating that the Duggars would be this open about Jana having a "special friend."

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I guess TLC had to get them to Laredo to set up the nursery sooner than later. 

This is the happiest and most genuine smile I've seen on Jana in a long time. 

I wonder how long it took Jeremy to choreograph the perfect shot. 

• Love 9

I don't understand....why is that Laura girl ALWAYS with this family? I see no need for her to go to Texas and visit Jinger if she's the 'tutor'. I think there's something more going on there, even if Jana and Laura don't realize it.

• Love 14
(edited)
8 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I will admit that I'm old, but I think it's sweet (TM) that lesbianism is so main-stream that people are comfortable speculating that the Duggars would be this open about Jana having a "special friend."

I'd imagine that the majority of people speculating are doing so because they genuinely think it's great to see Jana with a friend, and even better if she is in an actual relationship, but there are probably a lot of others (not on this site so much, but out there in Instagram land) who speculate along these lines simply for the snark potential and gleeful anticipation of seeing Jim Bob's head explode.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

I don't understand....why is that Laura girl ALWAYS with this family? I see no need for her to go to Texas and visit Jinger if she's the 'tutor'. I think there's something more going on there, even if Jana and Laura don't realize it.

Two Jessa-Bin kids, two baby sitters?

• Love 11

I bet Laura is there because TLC's filming, and she's telegenic. And the network's sell with the Duggars is that they are A Super Big Family. Obviously they're no longer a herd of 19 mostly underage kids living at home, which was easy to film as a constant scrum. The more warm bodies they can have milling around in the scenes, the better for TLC.  And yes, it would take two baby-sitters for Queen Jessa because after all she has to take care of her hair and makeup while TLC is filming. Priorities, people. Priorities.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Because Jana is not allowed to travel without an accountability partner.  And because she’s probably not allowed to spend too much time alone with married couples. Her delicate ears might be offended by discussions of a romantic nature. 

This is probably more accurate than what I said. I forgot about the accountability partner stuff. But by now Jana has attended births (remember Jill's long ago hanging out with that midwife before she married Derick), not to mention helping chart her mother's fertility cycles, and changed more diapers than most women will see in a lifetime. The idea that her delicate ears must be protected from talk about Teh Sex, cracks me up.

• Love 14
34 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Because Jana is not allowed to travel without an accountability partner.  And because she’s probably not allowed to spend too much time alone with married couples. Her delicate ears might be offended by discussions of a romantic nature. 

Is there an age when Jana has outgrown the need for an "accountability" partner?  She's just a couple years shy of 30.  So, if she chooses to remain unmarried, will she need an "accountability" partner the rest of her life?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

Is there an age when Jana has outgrown the need for an "accountability" partner?  She's just a couple years shy of 30.  So, if she chooses to remain unmarried, will she need an "accountability" partner the rest of her life?

No

Yes.

Married people serve as each other’s accountability partner. I’m also sure that’s the reason that many fundies refuse to travel without their spouse.  Because they can’t be trusted on their own.    

• Love 4

I don't think it's a matter of outgrowing the need for an accountability partner. I think you need one all your life.

I seem to recall that Jim Bob made a big deal about having an accountability partner as he went about his daily business. I think it was often one of the kids (how convenient, that homeschooling, you can just grab a kid and take him with you whenever you want). I know that when he served in the Arkansas legislature, he was known for bringing young Josh along with him pretty much everywhere, even to discussions/meetings with subject matter not all that appropriate for a kid. I don't remember the Duggar explanation of what the accountability partner is for. Once JB got a bit famous and was on teevee, it served a practical purpose of reducing the chance for slanderous gossip since if he never went anywhere alone it would be harder for someone to fabricate a story about him doing something sly and sinful away from home. But I don't think that's their official reason for it.

• Love 6
(edited)

The accountability partner is so you have help resisting Satans’  temptation to sin. So you don’t  talk to a person of the opposite sex, try alcohol, open an inappropriate internet site, etc.  just another pair of eyes on you at all times. 

Eta: Churchhoney was responding at the same time I was. She got more of the points across than I did. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

The accountability partner is so you have help resisting Satans’  temptation to sin. So you don’t  talk to a person of the opposite sex, try alcohol, open an inappropriate internet site, etc.  just another pair of eyes on you at all times. 

Eta: Churchhoney was responding at the same time I was. She got more of the points across than I did. 

I think we cooperated to make the point jointly!

And on the Laura Demasie front -- I expect that she's there for all the purposes we've named. Definitely the accountability partner thing. But she's also clearly a baby sitter, AND, as Jeeves mentioned, they DO love to show tons of people milling around in their TLC shots because it keeps the illusion of the huge family going.... 

So I'd bet she went to Texas with three jobs -- performing as a tv extra, baby sitting, AND keeping Jana accountable. 

I hope she's getting paid well for all this. But I have a feeling that, Duggars being Duggars, and Laura Demasie being a female and a co-cultist, the real question is whether she's getting paid at all ........It wouldn't really surprise me if her pay's entirely in the form of these Texas "vacations" and helpings of tater tot casserole. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I hope she's getting paid well for all this. But I have a feeling that, Duggars being Duggars, and Laura Demasie being a female and a co-cultist, the real question is whether she's getting paid at all ........It wouldn't really surprise me if her pay's entirely in the form of these Texas "vacations" and helpings of tater tot casserole. 

It’s also possible part of her compensation is being introduced to appropriate courting candidates. Maybe there are a couple in Laredo. 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, if they stay true to the cult, then nobody outgrows the need, right?

Married couples supposedly keep each other accountable...forever.... And Jim Bob has taken children with him to the store saying that they were acting as HIS accountability partners, right?

A big premise of the Gothard cult seems to be that NO ONE can trust themselves. Ever. In any situation. ....

The whole thing is built to foster insecure, fearful people, I think. Because that's who'd be attracted to a cult and thus give Old Bill and his minions money. 

It's hammered into you that you can never ever ever trust yourself. People vow to monitor each other's computer use and such when they get married. Nobody can go to the store alone. 

And it's also hammered into you that you can't trust anybody outside the cult. Because they're ungodly and they'll lead you straight to hell. 

And then, of course -- while they don't preach this but instead keep it on the down low -- you wouldn't trust the others in your cult, either. Because from your accountability partner onward, they're all encouraged, even ordered, to be super-judgmental bossy nosy-parker snitches. That's the accountability partner's entire role, right? 

Sure fire way to create a bunch of people who are just massive bundles of insecurity and have nowhere to turn except to the guru who put them in this pickle to begin with .... Classic cult-creation behavior, if you ask me. 

But apparently it's impossible for two people who have been brought up so strictly to ever both decide to do something adventurous? In some situations it might even be easier for two young adults, say,  to conspire and sneak out than it might be for a single, sheltered and unconfident one to brave a similar thing.

• Love 11