Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I figured MB was vaxxed because I saw a Zoom he did with Nancy during the height of Covid, and he seemed very stressed and taking it very serious.  I think it's going to be Ingo, Chad, the guy who plays Brando, and one or two surprises.  But I don't think it's Burton. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Did anyone watch/listen to MB's interview with Kimberly McCullough? He flat out said "jokingly" that he doesn't think he wants to be an actor anymore because performing at "that level" (compelling acting)/ the daily grind at GH is sooo hard. My reaction was yes, we can all see it's a real struggle for you dude. So RETIRE.  He said he did some research in anticipation of interviewing her and was shocked at the length and number of credits in her acting career and more recently her directing career.  WTF? It strikes me as highly self-absorbed, like he didn't really understand before there was more to her, his friend, than playing Robin Scorpio. She had to remind him that her name changed to Scorpio-Drake on the show. I will give him credit, though, that he brought up how Steve Burton won an Emmy for crying scenes with her.

So Steve Burton was a jerk to her (it's not teasing as she tried to say) when she missed rehearsal while she was still in school and driving an hour to act at GH,  while MB credits himself for knowing when to stop being a jerk? Alrightey then.  

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

he brought up how Steve Burton won an Emmy for crying scenes with her.

So Steve Burton was a jerk to her (it's not teasing as she tried to say) when she missed rehearsal while she was still in school and driving an hour to act at GH,  while MB credits himself for knowing when to stop being a jerk? Alrightey then.  

1.  That had to be their first break up in 1997, when Robin had asked Mooby to fire Jason after he'd been shot. That was some RAW and FUGLY crying, man! Never has Jason cried over breaking up with anyone else. Tell me again how Robin ISN"T the love of his life?
  2. That is disheartening to learn. Because when Kimberly was leaving the show, she filmed all her costars, and she credited Burton's ass as being one of her main sources of support. Guess it wouldn't have been politic to bring that up then. But #TeamKimberly4EVAH! Wonder if it's because Burton had a crush and was acting like a jerk because of...no, there aren't any good reasons. Asshole.🤬 There goes another part of one of my favorite pairings' in the dumpster.
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That is disheartening to learn. Because when Kimberly was leaving the show, she filmed all her costars, and she credited Burton's ass as being one of her main sources of support. Guess it wouldn't have been politic to bring that up then. But #TeamKimberly4EVAH! Wonder if it's because Burton had a crush and was acting like a jerk because of...no, there aren't any good reasons. Asshole.🤬 There goes another part of one of my favorite pairings' in the dumpster.

She was referring to years prior to them being paired as a couple.

14 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I barely remember Robin and Jason interacting before he became Jason Morgan. Still. ASSHOLE. She is LEAGUES BETTER an actor than he could ever hope to be.

She was part of the 'teen scene' in the early '90's and had a crush on Jason Q:

1992_teens.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She was part of the 'teen scene' in the early '90's and had a crush on Jason Q:

1992_teens.jpg

I knew that she had a crush on Jason Q. I think around that time, I was busy with college and part-time jobs; and I only vaguely remember Brenda coming on the scene; her and Jagger, then Karen, then I was out of the country, and then missed Robin and Stone's first meeting, but they were dating when I was able to watch regularly again.

9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

ASSHOLE. She is LEAGUES BETTER an actor than he could ever hope to be.

The behavior she describes has nothing to do with their relative levels of talent. It wouldn't somehow have been more acceptable if he were the better actor. This was a grown man bullying a teenage girl. He's the asshole regardless.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 7

I really enjoyed the interview and I’ll give it to MB, he openly admits he behaved poorly and wasn’t afraid to say SBu did as well. None of this is any surprise to me, I think SBu has always had an over inflated sense of importance and likes to make others feel bad. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

The behavior she describes has nothing to do with their relative levels of talent. It wouldn't somehow have been more acceptable if he were the better actor. This was a grown man bullying a teenage girl. He's the asshole regardless.

Oh absolutely. Sorry if my comment implied otherwise. It's just that he THINKS he's so much better, which entitled him to such behavior, but talent, or even lack of talent (that he has, except for some few moments, and that was due his screen partners), doesn't make it right to act that way. 

I'm disappointed, like I posted upthread, because I thought Kimberly and Steve had had a good working relationship and friendship.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm disappointed, like I posted upthread, because I thought Kimberly and Steve had had a good working relationship and friendship.

Well, now it makes sense to me that Kimberly was rumored to have asked for a new pairing upon her return as Robin in 2005. (And yes, Sam/Kelly Monaco and that pairing was an issue, but even I, a Scrubs devotee, know Jason/Robin were very popular and the show probably could have milked a triangle for eons!) 

Then again, maybe Kimberly was also triangled out after the whole crap with Jason/Carly, too. Either way, the new pairing obviously worked out for her, so everybody won.

• Love 5

Now THAT was a teen scene! Loved Jagger, Brenda, Karen, and JasonQ. Robin was a tad younger, but I guess they let that slide, as Robin was Brenda’s “little sister!” And Brenda and Karen’s rivalry (not to mention Brenda took snaps of Karen in the shower, blew them up, and wallpapered the high school with the salacious shots) was fun. Dynasty, Jr. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, TheMediaHo said:

Now THAT was a teen scene! Loved Jagger, Brenda, Karen, and JasonQ. Robin was a tad younger, but I guess they let that slide, as Robin was Brenda’s “little sister!” And Brenda and Karen’s rivalry (not to mention Brenda took snaps of Karen in the shower, blew them up, and wallpapered the high school with the salacious shots) was fun. Dynasty, Jr. 

I think it WAS the inaugural teen scene for GH. They didn't really do one for Genie Francis/Laura as they just had her interact with adults.  The show has had teen characters since day 1 (like the teenaged girl who is badly damaged in a car accident in the pilot) but all-out teen scenes weren't really done as opposed to All My Children which seems to have always consistently had a teen scene throughout its entire run.

*Nevermind, it looks like they built one around Blackie Parrish, although it was short-lived.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

If I wrote the last episode of GH, it would be Scotty driving out of town and running Sonny over with his car. Scott stops because he's not sure who he hit but when he sees its Sonny he gets back in, puts the car into reverse, and runs him over again. Scotty drives for a few days and comes to a house where he is greeted with bear hugs from Serena, non-Sonny spawn Christina, and Karen who has been in hiding this whole time. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, Artsda said:

That teen era was the best 

It really was. I was a little younger than them and absolutely loved coming home and watching GH at 3pm. It was so good. A few years later they had the Lucky and Liz teen scene that was pretty awesome as well. 

• Love 5

Nancy Lee Grahn's Tweet from yesterday thanks ABC, Valentini and Disney for following the science and keeping the cast and crew safe but it's not clear exactly what that means and there don't seem to be news articles indicating a change to vaccination mandates, so I don't know exactly what she's referring to

• Useful 2

Ok, I'm new here and this is totally random I know but lately I've been having serious nostalgia for Carly/Lorenzo (CarLo). Revisiting GH gossip sites I've seen quite a few posts about how CarLo was going to become a real thing with both Tamara and Ted really interested in the storyline but MB had it squashed because he felt threatened by Ted King. Does anyone have any insight on this? I'm just really curious because at the time I was totally into CarLo and then all of the sudden the writers started tanking it for no understandable reason. It confused me and if the above rumors are true it would make a lot more sense. 

• Love 1
On 9/1/2021 at 11:21 PM, racked said:

I really enjoyed the interview and I’ll give it to MB, he openly admits he behaved poorly and wasn’t afraid to say SBu did as well. None of this is any surprise to me, I think SBu has always had an over inflated sense of importance and likes to make others feel bad. 

I was a huge fan of Carly/Lorenzo back in the day. I read about MB bullying Tamara behind the scenes. I've seen posts on several GH message boards that Tamara and Ted were really behind the CarLo pairing but MB had it squashed because he was jealous of TK...does anyone have any insight on this?

On 9/4/2021 at 11:31 AM, DanaK said:

Nancy Lee Grahn's Tweet from yesterday thanks ABC, Valentini and Disney for following the science and keeping the cast and crew safe but it's not clear exactly what that means and there don't seem to be news articles indicating a change to vaccination mandates, so I don't know exactly what she's referring to

Didn't Disney announce ages ago they'd implement vaccines for everyone? Why is she thanking them for something they said they'd be doing. Lol even the theme park employees have to be vaccinated.

1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Didn't Disney announce ages ago they'd implement vaccines for everyone? Why is she thanking them for something they said they'd be doing. Lol even the theme park employees have to be vaccinated.

That doesn't apply to union members. So basically all of the cast. 

• Useful 2

Hey MO, you aren't DeNiro snd not one of your leading ladies has been Meryl Streep.

Sonny isn't that hard to play. He's pretty one note actually.  So your inability to do it maybe has more to do with your lack of acting talent than anything else.

Also, calling Kelly Sullivan a 'broad?' Not cool.  

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2021/09/07/maurice-benard-discusses-playing-dark-sonny-versus-mike-on-general-hospital?fbclid=IwAR0MQVGGxlfbyOv8dsxwaaIcNwe2EFSyhu2Fhu_jJ4gQIvaP9kEjWDzh1pE

• Love 4

The expert in acting says DeNiro and Streep don't work well together.  Sit down, you ass.

Also, how rude to call out the one short-lived Carly.  I guess he thinks he can say anything he wants because his fans think he walks on water--and he thinks so, too.

• Love 4
On 9/2/2021 at 12:21 AM, racked said:

None of this is any surprise to me, I think SBu has always had an over inflated sense of importance and likes to make others feel bad. 

I am under that impression as well. I really like HW as Elizabeth and Jason's son, Jake, and was curious about the boy who plays Sam and Jason's son, Danny, so I decided to watch Steve Burton and Bradford interviewing each of them. HW comes off as a grounded yet talented and ambitious young teen. SB sounded super impressed that HW is a much more experienced actor than he was at the same age. He was encouraging HW like he thought of himself as an acting coach, and seemed to feel the boy should be wowed and grateful for the compliments he, Steve, was giving him for his acting in the time he's been on General Hospital.

On 9/2/2021 at 1:14 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's just that he THINKS he's so much better, which entitled him to such behavior, but talent, or even lack of talent (that he has, except for some few moments, and that was due his screen partners), doesn't make it right to act that way. 

Yes, and we see now on-screen, what happens over time when an actor with an over inflated sense of importance goes unchecked/unreprimanded by directors or producers.  It's ridiculous to me that he would give young Kimberly crap for missing rehearsal when she was where she's supposed to be at that age - in school. If the problem was that he needed her to be present in order to turn out a solid performance during a rehearsal, maybe he just wasn't as strong an actor as he thought he was. *Shrug*

I'm sure Kimberly was sincere when she thanked him for being a supporter. I guess in later years - while their characters were paired and/or after the break up, they developed a good working relationship and friendship.  He should be grateful that he won an Emmy for scenes working with her.

• Love 9
On 9/7/2021 at 10:35 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, how rude to call out the one short-lived Carly.  I guess he thinks he can say anything he wants because his fans think he walks on water--and he thinks so, too.

I'm honestly kind of shocked about this--he actually defended Jennifer Bransford and her portrayal of Carly in the press at the time, despite how deeply unpopular she was. But given what's been said here, if it was because he didn't feel threatened by her as a screen partner (which I suspect), I could see how it wasn't said with the best of intentions, and now he feels okay trashing her. Gross. 

• Love 3

Bransford was miscast, and to her benefit and detriment, it was pretty obvious pretty quickly. It's no one's fault when that happens, so MB is an especial asshole to call her out. Carly isn't an easy role to step into, and it was an awkward story moment, too. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Bransford was miscast, and to her benefit and detriment, it was pretty obvious pretty quickly. It's no one's fault when that happens, so MB is an especial asshole to call her out. Carly isn't an easy role to step into, and it was an awkward story moment, too. 

I will say this: I watched the interview Laura Wright did with Alan Locher about a month or so ago, and when she was talking being cast as Carly, she made a point to acknowledge the talent and strengths of each of the Carly's that came before her--Jennifer Bransford included. And given that, from what Laura said, she had turned down the role the first time it was offered to her, but JFP kept expressing her interest in her until Laura finally said yes when she couldn't come to a new agreement with Guiding Light--I thought that was even cooler of her to give JB praise, too. I know she (JB) had worked on OLTL with JFP, so it's possible that JFP had meant for her to be the permanent Carly after Tamara Braun's departure all along, only to change her mind when it became clear that JB wasn't clicking in the role, but it certainly sounded like they were actively pursuing Laura even after JB was initially hired--in any case, I thought it was really classy that Laura still praised her all the same. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I was in the green room during JB’s first and last GHFCW. She was lovely (and if I can ever figure out how to post some photos, I will) and MB was visibly supportive. JZ posed for some cute pictures with her latest daughter.  MB — and let me tell you, I am not a fan —  later begged the luncheon attendees to “just give Jennifer a chance.” I think she was off to Shady Brook a few months later.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, UYI said:

I will say this: I watched the interview Laura Wright did with Alan Locher about a month or so ago, and when she was talking being cast as Carly, she made a point to acknowledge the talent and strengths of each of the Carly's that came before her--Jennifer Bransford included. And given that, from what Laura said, she had turned down the role the first time it was offered to her, but JFP kept expressing her interest in her until Laura finally said yes when she couldn't come to a new agreement with Guiding Light--I thought that was even cooler of her to give JB praise, too. I know she (JB) had worked on OLTL with JFP, so it's possible that JFP had meant for her to be the permanent Carly after Tamara Braun's departure all along, only to change her mind when it became clear that JB wasn't clicking in the role, but it certainly sounded like they were actively pursuing Laura even after JB was initially hired--in any case, I thought it was really classy that Laura still praised her all the same. 

She was great in that interview. I completely get why people hate Carly, and I also even get some amount of why people blame her for WR and Peter (though obviously the blame there lies with FV) but I think LW is really lovely as a person and probably a great coworker. Unlike some of her male costars mentioned in this thread. 

• Love 7
On 9/7/2021 at 8:35 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, how rude to call out the one short-lived Carly. 

I remember MB saying he made a clip reel of his scenes with JB to try to convince TPTB to keep her.  He has a selective memory.

10 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Briana Nicole Henry confirmed her exit in an IG post.

This may be mean, but any chance that MAC can become Commissioner again?

What?

You won't see him coming to SheBeast and Jaysus for advice or willing to work with for their asses.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I wonder how long Sean Blackmore plans to stick around, and whether they'll recast Jordan. It seemed like they were chem testing the pairing if they don't put him with Alexis.

When they announced his return, I assume it was for the recently single Jordan but they only shared a handful of scenes together and he came back in April. Also, they’ve had Jordan in this pseudo love triangle with Curtis and Portia. None of their scenes came off like a traditional chem test to me. They were always talking about TJ or the investigation so it’s possible that they always meant to bring him back for Alexis or had another plan for him. 

Was coming here to post that, but got delayed by actual work. My job does not wait for soap news lol. I know this wasn't the best recast for Jordan (and the character doesn't do the PCPD any favors), but BNH is a lovely person so I wish the absolute best for her. My wish would be for VA to come back, but I doubt that's happening. 

• Love 6

I still wonder why they didn’t write her a real exit because having her leave town for treatment sounded so temporary. I hope they don’t but wonder if they’ll give her an offscreen death. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I still wonder why they didn’t write her a real exit because having her leave town for treatment sounded so temporary. I hope they don’t but wonder if they’ll give her an offscreen death. 

This is what makes me think they're going to recast, especially since they decided to have Curtis declare his love for her again. Have the divorce papers been signed?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, absnow54 said:

This is what makes me think they're going to recast, especially since they decided to have Curtis declare his love for her again. Have the divorce papers been signed?

The papers are signed but not delivered.

They said that Jordan's treatment would last a few weeks, so either they bring her back as a new actress or she dies off screen.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

You won't see him coming to SheBeast and Jaysus for advice or willing to work with for their asses.

Won't he? Hasn't he? It's been so long since Mac was commissioner, but I think he has worked with them in some capacity before. Jordan worked with them not because her character sucked as a commissioner, but because that's how this show rolls. Since Sonny/Jason/Carly are the "good" mob, the police work with them. Anna did it when she was a commissioner. Even Robert's turned to them for help. So, I don't see that changing if Mac becomes commissioner.

1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

I assume they'll recast, but maybe not. I mean they have the undelivered divorce papers still hanging out there and I'm not sure wrapping up that story. Then again, I guess they could just have Stella remember and just quickly deal with it.

• Love 2

I read no spoilers or casting rumors for a Jordan-ish replacement. I just read today that she was leaving. Her final shot of Jordan on the gurney going around the corner was soooo sad and seemed so final but I had NO CLUE she was leaving. 

From her Instagram it seemed to be her choice. I would think they’d replace her but unfortunately black actors even with contracts aren’t a big priority in casting and they don’t ever get big names since the pool of known black actors in daytime is so small. Debbi Morgan wouldn’t be right nor would Victoria Rowell. Tika Sumpter & Sherri Saum are too busy and too big for GH now. Personally, I had always preferred VA in the role. She was a better actress and seemed more believable in the role of a police commissioner. She’s busy so I don’t think she is returning.  I honestly can’t think of an actress as an replacement. Although, with TJ hardly on the canvas and the Cyrus “pretty much” done they might need Jordan. I guess they could continue on with Curtis & Portia  but they are kind of boring. They need a black female villain for some drama. Time will tell. 

It was probably just a typical FV 'contract coma' potential exit ramp, where he wrote it in while maybe the show gave her an offer, she passed and there's your mutual decision. It's a pretty common maneuver over the decades but it's one he employs often. They'll now write something in explaining that Jordan needs more treatment or whatever. They don't need to kill her off to keep her gone, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did either.

• Love 1