Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

(edited)

We're to believe, between taking over as mob queen and roping Jason into marriage, Carly actually oversaw work at the hotel?

ETA - I will allow it if someone shoves Carly's ass in.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 9

Soaps are always like, "Hey, let's do a teen storyline for the summer because they're home then!" -- and then they finally get around to building a pool set about three weeks before school starts in a significant part of the country.

• Love 9
On 7/7/2021 at 5:37 PM, tvgoddess said:

Swimming anyone? Sounds like it will be boring people there, but hey a new set.

I think it's great.  And yeah, someone's going in the drink...my guess a Carly/Nina showdown. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, CeChase said:

I think it's great.  And yeah, someone's going in the drink...my guess a Carly/Nina showdown. 

A la Jane and Sydney on Melrose Place? I'd be down for that.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, CeChase said:

I could also see Carly/Britt.

Maybe Carly should just stay in there and anyone with a grudge can pile on?

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Why do I have the feeling he and I have very different ideas of what constitutes 'beautiful'?

E2C314F0-5AF2-4EE1-B1C6-BCD31269C6F2.jpeg

Who knows what he means by beautiful. And I will die laughing if it has to do with Nina.

But the story isn't controversial. It's boring as hell and there's zero difference between Mike and Sonny and MB is a mediocre actor at best.

• Love 6

As regards the characters and storylines of TV series and movies (especially franchise movies with intense fan bases), "controversial" is the diplomatic way of saying a lot of people hate it, and the internet makes it appear that everyone hates it.  

And it's true in this case. Nixon Falls has very few fans. Different factions hate it for different reasons, but almost everyone is relieved when an episode has no Nixon Falls. So it's been something of a universal unifier.

If there were more of a pro-Nixon Falls contingent, even a modest but hearty one, he'd have said the story was "polarizing." But I'm really not sure who would be enjoying it. Maybe people who started watching when Cynthia Watros joined the cast, and now are taking delight in seeing her in a love story with the show's primo uomo?

I don't follow Benard's social media, but I'm quite sure there are agitated comments under everything he posts now. "When is Nixon Falls going to be over?" "When is Sonny going to get his memory back?" "When are Sonny and Carly going to be together again?" "When is Nina going to get hers?" Probably accompanied by threats to stop watching after [X] years. I've seen my share of that in other places.

I know there aren't a lot of LW/Carly fans here (personally, I like LW but not so much Carly, even though I appreciate what she does with her as a character, if that makes any sort of sense), but just in case, this will be happening on July 22nd.

I legit didn't recognize that picture of younger LW as younger LW!

Carly is a hateful shrew, but LW knows exactly what she's doing. If someone less skillful were playing Carly, the character wouldn't have lasted as long as she has.

And while LW can be a bit tone-deaf when she cheerleads for the show, she knows how to play the game, so I can't fault her too much. It's tough out there for a soap actor.

• Love 10

Lynn Herring has a banging body, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Lucy at the pool, storming the gates to get an answer to some question that didn't need answering, LOL.

As for Mac and Felicia, 25 percent less of 0 is still 0.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Should we place bets on who gets shoved in first?

Nina, the very second Carly realizes she knew that Sonny is "alive" for months. Maybe the Carly/Jason wedding can be at the pool set and this could all coincide with Sonny's entrance and then the Nina/Mike reveal? That is too good soapwise for TFGH but a girl can dream.

First off, those chaise lounge chairs very uncomfortable. Shouldn’t they have a cushion? I’m not laying on wood for 4 hours while I work my tan. Secondly, I’m so glad Joss & Cam are seeing Spencer. Who will be first to say you’ve gotten taller and look so much older than us? Thirdly, I think Ava will get pushed and/or fall in the pool. They wouldn’t let LW right do that because it would require the TPTB to show that she has beautiful curly hair. Why can every other actress wear their own hair but Laura Wright can’t? Seems so odd to me. I remember on Guiding Light another actress Liz Keifer (Blake) had naturally curly hair but they also straighten her hair. She took a tumble in the pool with someone whom I can’t recall and she came out with wet curly hair and never went back. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I’m so glad Joss & Cam are seeing Spencer. Who will be first to say you’ve gotten taller and look so much older than us?

Hopefully, neither one, since both are also SORASed characters. If one or both do, it's just another thing to add to the long list of idiotic things this show is doing when it thinks it's being clever.

A laugh from a recent Benard interview with Fairman: "The thing about Sonny is that it's what Sonny does best, or what I do playing him best, is betrayal."

In context, what he means is that the best of Sonny is when he's raging about other people's betraaaaaayals, so when he finds out about Jason and Carly getting together, we're all going to be able to sit back and watch the "fireworks." I assume that means stutter-barking on the topic of "faithless whore!" and "my best [epic pause] friend!"

• LOL 3

Aw, that's sad.  Outside of Lucy and Kevin, Frank Scanlon was a real anchor of "Port Charles" throughout its run and did it all - fathered Christina Baldwin, had a separate secret kid with his brother's ex-girlfriend, traveled through time, became the Avatar, etc.  And I liked that Frank was a paramedic, a slightly different medical role that I never understood why the main show didn't utilize.

I had no idea he was later on "General Hospital" in a different role.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

60 is way too young. And at the same time, I was mildly shocked that he was that old. I forget how long ago Port Charles actually was. I mean, I know it was mid-90s to early-aughts, but sometimes I don't really grasp that that was over 20 years ago!

Anyway, I feel a little bad now that I never really warmed to Frank Scanlon (although he was more interesting than his brother, Impossibly Noble Joe). He always seemed rageycakes even when he wasn't addicted to drugs or possessed by the misogyny sex spirit or whatever that was.

Still, dying literally in the saddle - that fits with his cowboy-sounding name. Give him bragging rights in the afterlife

I don't mean to sound flippant, it IS very sad, especially for his family. And it must have been horrifying for all the actors and crew who witnessed his death.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I had no idea he was later on "General Hospital" in a different role.

Two roles. He was temp Lorenzo Alcazar during a Ted King absence, and production must have liked him, because he then returned as Detective David Harper the following year. I can't say I remember either, but I was coming and going in that period.  

RIP.

11 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Two roles. He was temp Lorenzo Alcazar during a Ted King absence, and production must have liked him, because he then returned as Detective David Harper the following year. I can't say I remember either, but I was coming and going in that period.  

RIP.

I remember Harper. He was around for a couple years but he was just a dayplayer cop. I don’t recall us knowing anything about him. We just saw him at the PCPd or occasionally arresting people. 

You would think SOD would have mentioned he'd been on GH before.  Nice journalism-ing.  Is Lulu on staff now?

How major was this character?  If it was Ron, I could see him dredging up a forgotten character like that, but as for Frank, I think he just wants Shane from DOOL.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

You would think SOD would have mentioned he'd been on GH before.  Nice journalism-ing.  Is Lulu on staff now?

How major was this character?  If it was Ron, I could see him dredging up a forgotten character like that, but as for Frank, I think he just wants Shane from DOOL.

He was only on for a few episodes. However since Robert/Holly were the lead couple of GH after L&L left their stories were a focal point along with other characters.

26 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Holly is still presumed dead and held prisoner somewhere. 

If someone informed Frank and his hack writers that he also played Allistair, and that’s who he’s playing, then he could be part of the story to save Holly, and rope Robert in so they can find her. Assuming Emma is okay now and able to also return.

But with the Delta Variant and now Delta Variant Plus cutting a swathe through the U.S., who the hell knows?

• Love 1

This is beside the point, but I was seriously put off by how Robert manhandled Holly in the beginning of that clip. I know it was the 80s, but still. And Mistah Sheffield looks like he was dying his hair with shoe polish.

Anyway. That's all I have to say, apparently. I don't know, I'm bored.