Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Do you you mean GH as a whole or the actors' bad behavior? Or both?

Actors. From Ingo's rants and transphobic comments to Steve. Steve should have been fired a long time ago from GH with that whole Monavie pyramid scheme. 

• Love 17
14 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I'd like to say yeah, but he's left before and come back. Is this the last straw?

Also, how much of his fanbase would go with him? This is the tightrope everyone is walking on.

If they do "kill off Jason" to have him come back as, say, Peter Capaldi, I wouldn't mind. If the person has chemistry with KeMo, the JaSam fans would be thrilled.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Ironically, Ingo (rightly) called him out on that.

I remember that. It was a thing of beauty. But IIRC nothing came of it. I mean, SBu wasn’t allowed to plug it anymore but there were no repercussions. And I don’t recall NLG getting on her soapbox about that. 🙄

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

I'd like to say yeah, but he's left before and come back. Is this the last straw?

Also, how much of his fanbase would go with him? This is the tightrope everyone is walking on.

If they do "kill off Jason" to have him come back as, say, Peter Capaldi, I wouldn't mind. If the person has chemistry with KeMo, the JaSam fans would be thrilled.

Ratings went up when SBu left the last time and I think his fanbase is smaller now than it was in 2012. No one actor’s exit would really impact anything these days if we’re being honest 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I remember that. It was a thing of beauty. But IIRC nothing came of it. I mean, SBu wasn’t allowed to plug it anymore but there were no repercussions. And I don’t recall NLG getting on her soapbox about that. 🙄

Actually, I think she did make a point about being uncomfortable with him being allowed to plug it at the Fan Club Weekend, along with the organizers of the event not donating the money to charity.

There's something about it in the old TWOP Soap Dish/Gossip thread that is thankfully archived (although it eventually wound up permanently locked back in the day, because people kept talking about things going on in FRONT of the camera, rather than just behind them). 

• Love 2

I doubt ratings will move any which way with Steve/Jason leaving. The character sucks and Steve is unattractive and the last few months his acting was awful.

Actually the whole show is really really bad right now.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

It’s kind of funny that fans are calling for the character not to be killed off.  Like they don’t really give a shit about Burton, they just want to keep the character of Jason.

I think to a lot of them, SBu and Jason are one and the same.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Rest in peace, Bergen Williams (Big Alice, former Quartermaine maid), who died of Wilson's disease at just 62, back in July. (Her family has just gotten her Twitter account accessed and announced the loss.)

What sucks, too, besides her dying, naturally, is she was fired because, per her family, her disease did not allow her to say the lines the same way.  :(

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I would rather the TPTB at GH make the announcement, rather than waiting for him to make the announcement.

I suspect they're hedging their bets, hoping Burton has an eleventh hour change of heart.

Brooklyn Silzer posted this. Guess today/yesterday was JT's birthday. Cute pic, sweet message!

On another note, I haven't a clue who this person is, whether they are a real source or full of crap, but they have this to say about Steve Burton:

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, it's pretty telling that SBu's publicist wouldn't comment to Variety on their story.  I mean, if he's still there, why not say so? 

There was speculation that Steve getting Covid in August, extended his vaccine deadline since in some cases it's not recommended to get the vaccine until 90 days after an infection. So maybe, while he's not allowed on set anymore, and has already made his last appearance, they can't officially release him from his contract until that 90 day grace period is up, and all parties are remaining mum because of that.

56 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

So maybe, while he's not allowed on set anymore, and has already made his last appearance, they can't officially release him from his contract until that 90 day grace period is up, and all parties are remaining mum because of that.

Like I said, that's telling.  If he was still employed, or even if he had to wait the 90 days to get his second shot, why not say something?  Silence says a lot.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Like I said, that's telling.  If he was still employed, or even if he had to wait the 90 days to get his second shot, why not say something?  Silence says a lot.

Oh I agree that his silence implies that he has no intention of complying with the mandate, and he's just milking what's left of being with the show until the deadline, or if the mandate is lifted. I'm just speculating that he wasn't released from his contract like IR, and while we probably won't see him again, he'll probably stay in the credits for another couple of weeks until his deadline expires, and we'll get an official announcement then. 

8 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I just hope the show isn’t Catfishing us.  So I’d like it if they would stop hedging and say what decisions has been made.

Given that he had Covid the last week of August, his 90 days would be up this week, and I don't know what sort of rules they have, given each vaccine has different dosing sequences. If they gave his "fully vaccinated" end date for a Moderna timeline, he wouldn't have to be fully vax'd until the first week of January, so this could drag on for a while. I'm just so fascinated by this drama, I want to see how it ends!

Edited by absnow54
7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWoBduSppyu/?hl=en

If they were trying to buck up SB I don't think it did anything.

3 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

It's low key hilarious that all three of them look happy as clams and he looks dead inside.

Did you see that one comment that said Ingo's having to leave and possibly Burton has "nothing to do with" refusing to take the vaccine as per corporate's mandate?🙄

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Did you see that one comment that said Ingo's having to leave and possibly Burton has "nothing to do with" refusing to take the vaccine as per corporate's mandate?🙄

No, I haven't looked at the comments yet. But crazy how people are still in denial that's he's an antivaxxer.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

No, I haven't looked at the comments yet. But crazy how people are still in denial that's he's an antivaxxer.

I only saw like, two comments in the instagram link that @ulkis posted. I'm not going to go to instagram to read all the comments because I don't give a flying fuck. And that Burton is a "fan fave" makes me 🙄 The show was just FINE the five years he was GONE.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Here's the screenshot from above:

image.thumb.png.1d5b3932dd2d231725c86872c7d81e6a.png

The only thing in this that I saw is that Mac is back and now I'm wondering who this colleague is that he has to give tough news to. Who is even in the PCPD aside from Dante and Chase?

About the other thing . . . Bye, Felicia.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

SBu posted a goodbye video. I saw it floating around on Twitter but I’m not sure where it originated from and don’t want to link to someone’s personal Twitter page. Basically he said his religious and medical exemption for the mandate were denied and maybe he can come back in the future if the mandate is lifted. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
Just now, ouinason said:

DAMN!  I don't want to celebrate someone losing their job, but...   WOOHOO!!

I didn't hate Jason but he took up so much airtime for doing nothing. And this will free up a ton of money too. SB will be fine, he's been making tons of extra with all his side stuff.

And on a shallow note he looks like gumby.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I'd be more excited if I didn't think they'd simply try to switch him out for Shawn or that Brando dude I know nothing about nor care about and keep the same mediocre show and stories going. But losing Jason is always a plus to me.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And on a shallow note he looks like gumby.

He looked more like an albino to me. I mean, pale and pasty-no color in his face, and with those bright blue eyes? And whatever he was going for with that hair...style.

Good Riddance.

If I had any faith in the current regime, I'd be hollering to get Sean Kanan back. But I don't and this show fucked him over but good.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

If I had any faith in the current regime, I'd be hollering to get Sean Kanan back. But I don't and this show fucked him over but good.

I feel like between Drew, Shawn, and maybe Brando, they've already filled the Jason void. Drew gives Monica a son and could be a love interest for Britt, and Shawn or Brando can be Sonny's new hitman with a heart of gold or whatever. 

• Love 5

I checked out the Twitter account that posted the video. Apparently, it appeared in SB’s Instagram Story(ies?) and disappeared and reappeared a couple of time.

I appreciated one of the comments to the Twitter account that specified he wasn’t let go, but chose to leave.

• Love 3

let us note that he has the balls to say he got covid from work. Unless he was being disingenuous and meant one of his events. Either way he was probably the one who brought it there.

5 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I'd be more excited if I didn't think they'd simply try to switch him out for Shawn or that Brando dude I know nothing about nor care about and keep the same mediocre show and stories going. But losing Jason is always a plus to me.

At least those guys won't take up as much screen time as him. We'll probably get more of Valentin crying though.

• Love 13