Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, absnow54 said:

I feel like between Drew, Shawn, and maybe Brando, they've already filled the Jason void. Drew gives Monica a son and could be a love interest for Britt, and Shawn or Brando can be Sonny's new hitman with a heart of gold or whatever. 

I don't want Drew to have any more of Jason's sloppy seconds. We had that with Jax's love interests being Mooby's sloppy seconds. Except for Nina. I think. And Jax's first wife.

• Love 2
Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't want Drew to have any more of Jason's sloppy seconds. We had that with Jax's love interests being Mooby's sloppy seconds. Except for Nina. I think. And Jax's first wife.

Drew's other option is probably Carly....

3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

At least those guys won't take up as much screen time as him. We'll probably get more of Valentin crying though.

Valentin is the corniest dude on Earth. He makes Coltin Scott Nikolas look street. He has from the moment he arrived with that mustache and a jumper. I do not understand nor have I ever understood why he is a leading man on this show.

• Love 4

I know who I'd pair with Drew, but it would be part of a much larger overhaul of the show. I will say I think you can very easily slot him into a cop/WSB role alongside Scorpio or Dante and that's what he needs to be doing, and in the meantime you can, I don't know, play him with Kelly Monaco if someone shocks her back to life with jumper cables or something. But that's not a long-term pairing or solution at this point and I don't care about almost any of the other women in that age range currently on this show. Liz is a no for a variety of reasons and Cynthia Watros Nina, while she has chemistry with Sonny and I'd like to see him cheat on Carly with her, should not be on for much longer either.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And on a shallow note he looks like gumby.

On a shallow note he looks disgusting. For him to just go around unvaxxed during the delta variant like it's no big deal while kissing his co-stars. Ass.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

On a shallow note he looks disgusting. For him to just go around unvaxxed during the delta variant like it's no big deal while kissing his co-stars. Ass.

Laura Wright has survived just about anything in her career, but this is a new level.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, ouinason said:

More Valentin is a good thing.

Debatable. :p

9 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Valentin is the corniest dude on Earth. He makes Coltin Scott Nikolas look street. He has from the moment he arrived with that mustache and a jumper. I do not understand nor have I ever understood why he is a leading man on this show.

I feel like FV thinks he is some primetime star that GH is lucky he graces it with his presence.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I liked Brit with Jason, and I would hate for her to be written out.  I hope she gets paired up someone else soon.  The only option I can think of is Drew.

I'm open to it, which is surprising given my anti-excitement when Cameron Mathison was cast, but he's been okay so far, though Steve Burton going bye bye could open him up to the kind of overexposure that killed Ryan Lavery.

I'm seeing spoilers that

Mrs. Wu approaches Britt, presumably about Brad, so I would be fine with her having a besties story with Brad for a bit before she mounts someone new.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm open to it, which is surprising given my anti-excitement when Cameron Mathison was cast, but he's been okay so far, though Steve Burton going bye bye could open him up to the kind of overexposure that killed Ryan Lavery.

I just realized that if the mystery woman in the cell next to his is RB's Hayden, then my tolerance for CM's Drew will plummet. I've been liking him so far, when I'm otherwise not a fan of CM.

Love how he applied for BOTH religious and medical exemptions. Way to throw everything against the wall and see what sticks. Thankfully neither did and he’s out on his ass, as he should be. Clearly he just doesn’t want to get vaccinated. There’s no ‘exemption’ here, other than his personal choice. So fine, he can start a new community with the rest of the anti-Vaxxers and they can all live happily ever after. 

I actually liked him and KT but I won’t miss him. 

• Love 17
26 minutes ago, racked said:

So the abrupt end of the Carly/Jason story makes sense now.  Will not miss Jason or Steve one bit. He will probably come back the second vaccines are no longer required, unfortunately. 

The way this thing is going, I'm pretty sure vaccines will be required for a while.

I can totally believe that the GH set may have been a toxic work environment. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 11
20 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

So fine, he can start a new community with the rest of the anti-Vaxxers and they can all live happily ever after. 

i would just like to point out something

you can not like/want to get the covid shot and not be an anti-vaxxer. i've yet to read anything that most people who don't want to get the covid shot are anti vaccines in general. (i'm sure some are) but i would imagine a huge amount of people are not. 

• Love 8

And, Laura Wright has lost two of her leading men in one fell sweep. Now, who’s is she going to go to with her Sonny issues? I guess the show will move in with the Carly, Smike & Nina threesome for the foreseeable future. I guess nuDrew will go back to working for Sonny, too. It’s a shame because I would hate for CM getting sucked into all of that. It will be funny to see them standing next to MB though. I just hope CM keeps his beard but I’m sure he and the show don’t want him covered up. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

And, Laura Wright has lost two of her leading men in one fell sweep. Now, who’s is she going to go to with her Sonny issues? I guess the show will move in with the Carly, Smike & Nina threesome for the foreseeable future. I guess nuDrew will go back to working for Sonny, too. It’s a shame because I would hate for CM getting sucked into all of that. It will be funny to see them standing next to MB though. I just hope CM keeps his beard but I’m sure he and the show don’t want him covered up. 

Laura Wright has good chemistry with Roger Howarth. It's hard to remember in the Franco of it all, but Carly and Todd Manning worked (for me).

I'm not sorry to see Steve Burton go. I had a hard time watching him and Ingo, knowing they didn't care about their co-workers.

• Love 16
26 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

And, Laura Wright has lost two of her leading men in one fell sweep.

I think this applies more to Kelly Thiebud. I didn't like the Britt/Jason pairing, but poor her. Two of the last men she had love scenes with were anti-COVID vax and now they're both gone and she's lost both of her love interests. At least LW still has Sonny. Her interactions with Drew were too brief, but they could have chemistry and it would make sense that they would lean on each other, mourning Jason and feeling guilty. 

Good riddance to Steve though. It sucks there's another person out there putting their "freedom" over other's lives, but at least he's faced the consequences for it. I kind of also hate his arrogance that if mandates are lifted he can just automatically get his job back. He's probably right, but still.

• Love 15
38 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i would just like to point out something

you can not like/want to get the covid shot and not be an anti-vaxxer. i've yet to read anything that most people who don't want to get the covid shot are anti vaccines in general. (i'm sure some are) but i would imagine a huge amount of people are not. 

Fair enough. I guess I should have said anti covid vaxxers.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

He looks really rough. 

And I just want to yank that t-shirt up at the shoulders and get out all of that bunching. (That's REALLY shallow, I know.)

Damn it, why can't we have a chill period of Jason and Drew just being brothers? And can't Monica get one son back from the dead without having to pay for it with another one "dying"?

42 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Was IR her leading man at any point during the past 3 years though? All that happened between them was Jax whined and Carly told him to shut up.

Well, ex-husband sounding board. 

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, General Days said:

Laura Wright has good chemistry with Roger Howarth. It's hard to remember in the Franco of it all, but Carly and Todd Manning worked (for me).

I'm not sorry to see Steve Burton go. I had a hard time watching him and Ingo, knowing they didn't care about their co-workers.

That's true.  the last time I liked Carly she was with Todd. 

32 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Interesting they let Ingo have his last scenes with LW, but  Steve got sent to Cassadine island.

Probably but not definitely. Even SBu isn’t sure if that was the end of Jason. I certainly wouldn’t mind if it was.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Burton is DELUSIONAL If he thinks the vaccine mandate will be lifted.

The way he worded it "someday" "maybe I can finish out my career here"  I think he knows it.  I think he means like a decade down the road, and who knows.    Of course, Covid could kill him before then.  Wouldn't be the first unvaxxed fool who survived one infection and died from the next one.  I read about a guy just today.  Maybe a higher viral load, a worse strain than his first, I don't know.   Neither does SBU.  Good luck. 

• Love 3

Was always over rated and importance to the show over stated.  A very wooden actor whose stories ran their course a LONG time ago.    Many things over the years have helped me understand why his first girlfriend was dropped on the show....and never mentioned or referenced again when they went through all of Jason's "relationships" and loves....

That said I respect his right to make that decision, and the right of his employers to let him decide to leave....

Edited by catrice2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Burton is DELUSIONAL If he thinks the vaccine mandate will be lifted.

I'm boosted and pro-Covid-vax, and I like Billy Miller better than Steve Burton, but I think it depends on what happens.

I do not think the mandate will be lifted in the near future. If it eventually settles down into endemicity, and most people have been vaccinated and/or infected, it will eventually be more akin to a flu. Most non-medical workplaces do not mandate flu shots for adults.

At some point, the union will buck it again, or some big name that Disney wants for a Marvel or Star Wars blockbuster will be anti-Covid-vax and they'll "reconsider."

36 minutes ago, CeChase said:

The way he worded it "someday" "maybe I can finish out my career here"  I think he knows it.  I think he means like a decade down the road, and who knows.    Of course, Covid could kill him before then.  Wouldn't be the first unvaxxed fool who survived one infection and died from the next one.  I read about a guy just today.  Maybe a higher viral load, a worse strain than his first, I don't know.   Neither does SBU.  Good luck. 

I think the mandate will go away in less time than a decade. I think Steve Burton is maybe overly optimistic, though. I do appreciate that his video was not an exercise in burning bridges.

Someday, I might be able to stand watching Steve Burton the actor play Jason or another character on my TV screen again, and not be mad at Steve Burton the man. I can't say the same of Ingo. He's been an absolute menace.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

That said I respect his right to make that decision, and the right of his employers to let him decide to leave....

Yep.  Look, his choice, for sure.  But choices have consequences. 

God speed, Burton.  Maybe you and Bradford Anderson can finally take that podcast to the next level.

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Probably but not definitely. Even SBu isn’t sure if that was the end of Jason. I certainly wouldn’t mind if it was.

If he and Ingo had similar last seen at GH dates of Oct if we see anything of Jason again it may just be him under a rock or hospital bed or tied up. 

Not that I watch this show more than once every few months, but I won't miss the idiotic, selfish Steve Burton the actor or Jason the character one single bit.  It would be great if GH took this opportunity to reorient itself away from the mob, Sonny and Carly. 

Hope springs eternal.

• Love 14