Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

This already marriage #2 for Chad, isn't it? 

Depends on how you count it, since his first was annulled, presumably due to Kristen Alderson. I do think his steam punk wedding is a major contrast to his wholesome Disney World proposal with his first engagement. 

1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

Depends on how you count it, since his first was annulled, presumably due to Kristen Alderson. I do think his steam punk wedding is a major contrast to his wholesome Disney World proposal with his first engagement. 

I count it. To me an annulment is just a legal issue. To me if you went through the process of saying 'I do' it's a marriage. I thought the first marriage was very close to the relationship with KA.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, absnow54 said:

His next wedding will have the median taste level of a legal adult!

• LOL 2

I’m not sure why Chad is wearing a ringmaster tailcoat to a goth wedding, but whatever. Maybe there were tigers who needed taming.

I wish his new bride the best, and hope she steers clear of construction cranes.

• LOL 10
11 hours ago, DanaK said:

Are there any more sources on this? Pretty crappy of Ingo to do something like that

So this looks like confirmation Ingo is gone has there been anything confirming burton is out as well

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, hcs said:

So this looks like confirmation Ingo is gone has there been anything confirming burton is out as well

Why should  Burton be out? Is he refusing to be vaccinated or would it be for another reason?

6 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Why should  Burton be out? Is he refusing to be vaccinated or would it be for another reason?

I think he didn’t want to get the vaccine shot. That’s pretty big news if you love or hate him. Laura Wright only turned on Ingo about the trans comment/issue. She is close with both Ingo & Burton and never commented on anyone’s vaccination stance…..out loud. LOL!!!

Ingo has apologized in his latest instagram video for not crossing out dude and writing in transgender in his repost of the offensive post but still seems to be decrying left wing stuff including saying that transgender women should not be referred to as "empowered" because women weren't back in the day (real women obvi). I don't think this will help him get his job back if he indeed has been fired. He indicated he would talk about his GH status at another time because he didn't have time as he had things to do, which suggests that he has indeed been let go

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Ingo has apologized in his latest instagram video for not crossing out dude and writing in transgender in his repost of the offensive post but still seems to be decrying left wing stuff including saying that transgender women should not be referred to as "empowered" because women weren't back in the day (real women obvi). I don't think this will help him get his job back if he indeed has been fired. He indicated he would talk about his GH status at another time because he didn't have time as he had things to do, which suggests that he has indeed been let go

If he got the shot he might still have the job….I think. I’m not exactly sure what was the reason for the firing was. Was his Instagram post or not complying with the ABC/Disney vaccination policy? 

1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

If he got the shot he might still have the job….I think. I’m not exactly sure what was the reason for the firing was. Was his Instagram post or not complying with the ABC/Disney vaccination policy? 

I'm guessing the vaccination policy first and foremost, but the transphobic repost probably didn't help (anyone have the link for that?)

12 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Yes, that was quite an "apology". 

5 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

It definitely seems he was already fired over the Vax mandate, and the soap bloggers were already saying that was a done deal as of the 1st.  So  my guess is, NOT being employed any longer freed him up to get even worse which led to his anti-trans post. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

While I am glad to see Ingo go (vaccine issues, his aversion to medical science re covid, his transphobia and general awfulness) I wonder why people don’t just post something like:  “I am sorry.   I will do better in the future,”  rather than “It’s not me, it’s everyone else being mean to me..”

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
30 minutes ago, jsbt said:

They are going to drag out having to admit to their audience that the Great Jason is gone for as long as possible, and maybe try to convince him to get vaxxed.

I don’t think the show will announce it but it was a Disney mandate, not just a GH one. They just fired Emilio Estevez from the Mighty Ducks show on Disney plus and he was the lead. Any GH actor is insignificant in the grand scheme of things so I don’t see them making allowances for anyone.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
31 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

They just fired Emilio Estevez from the Mighty Ducks show on Disney plus and he was the lead. Any GH actor is insignificant in the grand scheme of things so I don’t see them making allowances for anyone.  

Of course he is, but that doesn't mean GH isn't potentially scrambling to try to convince him to get the jab. The network has larger concerns.

Edited by jsbt
3 hours ago, jsbt said:

They are going to drag out having to admit to their audience that the Great Jason is gone for as long as possible, and maybe try to convince him to get vaxxed.

I think so too. Nothing is stopping them from rehiring him after he gets it, even if they technically have to let him go first. I could also see him eventually caving. He hasn’t made this his activist moment, so there’s a lot less crow to eat if he decides to get the vaccine. And much as I hate Jason, the purpose of the mandate is to get more people vaccinated, so good if that does happen. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Hater said:

https://deadline.com/2021/11/ingo-rademacher-general-hospital-last-airdate-set-1234870108/

Ingo's last episode is November 22nd. Fired for not complying with Disney's vaccine mandate.  Steve is unconfirmed and we've been discussing it in the spoiler thread but like Ingo the rumors are very strong, so I expect Steve's firing to come out soon too.

Firing Steve is a much bigger hit to the show than firing Ingo

• Love 3

I just don't think Burton will cave if he's already gone this far, especially since he freaking got covid, said it kicked his ass (he was not asymptomatic after all), and didn't even get the vaccine after that. But who knows.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Firing Steve is a much bigger hit to the show than firing Ingo

I don’t know if I agree. Jason is essentially a supporting player with heavy screentime . He doesn’t drive storylines anymore and he’s a pretty passive character. They can just make Brando Sonny’s new enforcer and there’s plenty of other characters who can play the action hero storylines. He didn’t even leave an impact during his previous exits when I saw him as more of a lead. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I didn't miss him during the five years he was gone, and I'm sure I won't miss him if he's fired again. With my luck, he'll get the vaccine and be rehired. Fair enough if that's the procedure, but I'll never miss Jason.

I so want him gone. Not that it will change the shows hyper focus on Carly and Sonny, but the loss of their number one cheerleading robot will bring me joy 

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

What an absolute shit show this is.

The more I learn about the actors, the more unlikable they all become to me.

Edit: Steve's return to this show 4 years ago was a big waste of time. Yes I did like Billy Miller but I was fine with him becoming Drew. They did absolutely nothing with Jason coming back besides being Carson's lap dog and then a miserable 3rd run with JaSam, where the actors at the end of it clearly wanted nothing to do with each other. Then Jarly?  Yea, no thanks.  And while there were clear BTS issues from 2017-2019, there is no excuse for what happened the last year with Jason's character.  Garbage.  He came back for money and now 4 years later is done and leaving that same paycheck on the table.

Good riddance.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 12
23 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I just don't think Burton will cave if he's already gone this far, especially since he freaking got covid, said it kicked his ass (he was not asymptomatic after all), and didn't even get the vaccine after that. But who knows.

In the end Steve is about getting paid and I can't imagine this trumping (haha!) that for him, unless his ego is really, really dug in and he thinks he can make money on the RW circuit as a martyr, which he probably could. But not the money he makes at GH, IMO. I think even if he is fired he will be back someday, just as I knew he would be in 2012 - GH has never been able to quit him or the mob and probably never will at this rate - but I'll settle for him being gone again.

I do think GH is desperate to control this fallout as much as possible, so they'll drag ass. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it is confirmed this week, but who knows.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 8

I thought Steve's exit from GH last time was going to have some kind of an impact, but it really didn't. And his exit this time will not affect much either.

They could have done something different with the character, but they are so allergic to shaking things up. Jason went back to Sonny and that was the end of that.

If he's gone, then bye. Just don't come back.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

They can just make Brando Sonny’s new enforcer and there’s plenty of other characters who can play the action hero storylines.

There's a recipe for must-see TV: Brando and Sonny. What they need to do is overhaul the entire show and who or what gets the action hero stuff - I'll say it again, they had this option with Dante and JJ's Lucky over ten years ago - but they won't. I look forward to seeing how they can try to make 2020s Maurice shoulder the load. Maurice is presently displaying all the dynamic energy of the original Grandpa Hughes on As the World Turns.

Edited by jsbt
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, Hater said:

The more I learn about the actors, the more unlikable they all become to me.

Edit: Steve's return to this show 4 years ago was a big waste of time. Yes I did like Billy Miller but I was fine with him becoming Drew. They did absolutely nothing with Jason coming back besides being Carson's lap dog and then a miserable 3rd run with JaSam, where the actors at the end of it clearly wanted nothing to do with each other. Then Jarly?  Yea, no thanks.  And while their were clear BTS issues from 2017-2019, there is no excuse for what happened the last year with Jason's character.  Garbage.  He came back for money and now 4 years later is done and leaving that same paycheck on the table.

Good riddance.

The other soaps (network) don’t have this mandate that I know of. I’m curious if he’ll land up on Y&R, B&B or Days.

It was funny that JaSam ended without either actor putting up a fight or even attempting to be in to each other on screen. In fact, the un-coupling was done rather fast with little fanfare from Jason or Sam. The show basically didn’t want to address it. That said, it hasn’t improved KM’s acting but she didn’t get canned either. Which is a win-win for her.

The whole thing is a dumpster fire for the show but so far it seems to only pertain to Burton (still nothing confirmed) & Radamacher. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
Just now, ByaNose said:

The other soaps (network) don’t have this mandate that I know of. I’m curious if he’ll land up on Y&R, B&B or Days.

I think if JFP was still at CBS they'd be after him again in an instant. I think CBS is not going to look to court controversy over an antivaxxer at this moment in time - not on top of their unacknowledged sexual harassment scandal with Y&R's EP - but I think it could happen eventually.

I still find it crazy they took apart Jason and Sam so quickly and with such little fanfare after years of tormenting us. What could have been so bad BTS between them at this point for that to happen that fast? To say nothing of Jason's bizarre insta-romances with both Dr. Dull Surprise and Carly this year alone. Until 2021 Jason has not become involved with a woman without at least six months of asexual courtship in over 20 years.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, jsbt said:

he thinks he can make money on the RW circuit as a martyr, which he probably could.

That's probably a lot more work than GH, though. Burton strikes me as someone who does the bare minimum for the maximum dollar, and I don't think RW fans will put up with some half-assed presentation.

1 minute ago, jsbt said:

What they need to do is overhaul the entire show and who or what gets the action hero stuff

They never will. For whatever reason, we're stuck with this dreadful iteration of the show.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

That's probably a lot more work than GH, though. Burton strikes me as someone who does the bare minimum for the maximum dollar, and I don't think RW fans will put up with some half-assed presentation.

Yeah, and I don't think Steve fancies himself ending up on the Scott Baio/Antonio Sabato Jr. circuit.

They never will. For whatever reason, we're stuck with this dreadful iteration of the show.

Until/if the show is ever revitalized for a streaming platform, absolutely.

58 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t know if I agree. Jason is essentially a supporting player with heavy screentime . He doesn’t drive storylines anymore and he’s a pretty passive character. They can just make Brando Sonny’s new enforcer and there’s plenty of other characters who can play the action hero storylines. He didn’t even leave an impact during his previous exits when I saw him as more of a lead. 

And CM/Drew is fine as replacement character for both Jax and Jason in a sense.

• Love 8

Here’s another article:

https://apple.news/AIGIJ6IPzT9iOioPMvJbBww

While it seems Ingo won’t be missed, I will miss him playing the character of Jax. Lately Jax has been particularly awesome and I’ve always enjoyed the character.  Well, most of the time.

The only thing I can say positive about all this is that at least he’s standing by his convictions, however misguided they may be. I have more respect for someone like that than someone who makes a huge stink but at the end of the day they fold like a cheap suit. Or those who lie, like someone else who’s made the news recently. I mean I get it, you don’t want to lose your paycheck, but if you are going to play this huge song and dance about liberty and freedom and choice at least have the balls to stand by your word.  Or the balls to admit you were wrong.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And CM/Drew is fine as replacement character for both Jax and Jason in a sense.

I think so too, but that's if they commit to it and him or other male leads. Right now I think they'll be marking time for Steve Burton until he's caught with a dead girl or a live boy, or until the show goes off network TV. I also don't think the writing is anywhere near good enough to firmly establish an all-new (or in Drew's case, relatively new) male hero, but I've thought that for many years. Cameron Mathison is lucky in that he has a long daytime history and established popularity.

• Love 4