Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

And he said he got it at work.

So is Covid running through the set?  What a guy - SBu can pinpoint exactly where he got it.  Blames his workplace.   Must be an endearing guy to work with.  I truly wish that I could see see what is so great either about his acting, looks, personality - that others contemplate spending resources (money and time).  Not saying that BM was the bees knees but we lost him over this 'actor'?

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 10

Well this might explain NLG’s Twitter rant about SAFGAFTRA not requiring members to be vaccinated. I have no idea if SBu is or isn’t, but if he isn’t, and contracted COVID and stayed on set, well…conversely, if someone else passed it along, that’s not any better. either way I wish him a speedy recovery.

• Love 2

Between NLG's recent tweets and now this SBU news, I would put money someone's getting fired very soon.   I really dislike SBU but from what I've read he's vaccinated, supposedly him and that other one mentioned it on their podcast.  If he is vaxxed, and he's out there stating he got it on set, couple that with NLG's tweets...someone's gonna get the ax.

I'm all for that btw.  I am with Ryan at Tvsource - get their unwashed, unvaccinated asses off the set. 

• Love 4

I do think MB’s chemistry with CW is much stronger than with LW but that story is too boring for me to care about. I also didn’t care about the story with Mike dying so I’m probably not the audience for a similar story with Lenny, a character we hardly know who has ties to no one. 

• Love 5

I think that Mike is marginally better than Sonny because MB has toned down the smugness and arrogance that made me want to slap his face all day (as my mother would say), and because the Sonny/Carly drama has been so overplayed it went dry years ago.

I could still do without Mike and Nixon Fails though.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, CeChase said:

Between NLG's recent tweets and now this SBU news, I would put money someone's getting fired very soon.   I really dislike SBU but from what I've read he's vaccinated, supposedly him and that other one mentioned it on their podcast.  If he is vaxxed, and he's out there stating he got it on set, couple that with NLG's tweets...someone's gonna get the ax.

I'm all for that btw.  I am with Ryan at Tvsource - get their unwashed, unvaccinated asses off the set. 

Can you get fired if the vax is not mandated by your bosses? The Yankees have had several covid outbreaks, some players/staff vaxxed some not and some not but no one has been fired. 

But wasn't there a thing where KeMo didn't want to mask up? Obviously it doesn't mean she's the spreader, but that's immediately what I thought of when I heard of an outbreak on set. When the actress who plays Jordan got it did it spread to anyone else? Of course it could even be someone on the crew who spread it and not one of the actors, but it seems GH has been playing loose with COVID for a while.

47 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

Can you get fired if the vax is not mandated by your bosses? The Yankees have had several covid outbreaks, some players/staff vaxxed some not and some not but no one has been fired. 

But wasn't there a thing where KeMo didn't want to mask up? Obviously it doesn't mean she's the spreader, but that's immediately what I thought of when I heard of an outbreak on set. When the actress who plays Jordan got it did it spread to anyone else? Of course it could even be someone on the crew who spread it and not one of the actors, but it seems GH has been playing loose with COVID for a while.

Kemo is vaxxed.  I know she's hated here (not by me), but, NLG came out and confirmed it's not Kelly.   As far as whether she didn't want to mask, there were a lot of rumors but no one ever confirmed anything that I know about.  Maybe she was having problems breathing and needed time to adjust.  Either way, she's not a current problem. 

As for mandating vaccines, a lot of places are doing it, and NLG is lobbying the SAG union to protect their members by mandating it.  So I guess we'll find out soon enough.   I expect one or two disappearances.  

Edited by CeChase
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

As for mandating vaccines, a lot of places are doing it, and NLG is lobbying the SAG union to protect their members by mandating it.  So I guess we'll find out soon enough.   I expect one or two disappearances.  

I'm hoping it's CD (wouldn't surprise me) so he and Millow can disappear.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I just looked at her twitter and didn't see anything--where did she do that?

Nancy went on twitter and said something like no daughter of mine fake or not would not be vaccinated. Someone flat out asked her about Kelly and someone just asked about Steve and she side stepped the question. 

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm sort of impressed that Mathison looks like he could have been held hostage on a cargo ship for a few years. In soapland, that is.

He should have been hired as a recast Stavros Cassidine. That’s the name I immediately thought of when I saw the picture, with the wild eyes and the beard. (And, if he didn’t work out, he could easily just be dropped back into a hole. Bonus!)

On 8/14/2021 at 11:01 AM, ffwbe said:

I do think MB’s chemistry with CW is much stronger than with LW but that story is too boring for me to care about.

I agree on both counts, but I also think the chemistry is stronger because the pairing is newer. There are only so many times you can watch Sonny and Carly go through the same old motions— it got stale years ago, and MB was clearly telegraphing his boredom. Of course that doesn’t mean S&C won’t be back together again soon, because a lot of fans are going to demand it.

On 8/13/2021 at 9:47 AM, Melgaypet said:

Secondly, I HATE when shows pair up actors that were paired on another show, because whatever chemistry never translates. 

Agreed (although I think some thought KM and ME brought it in Round 2). But I would be shocked if they didn’t try, because it’s a sure way to get the couple’s old fans to tune in, even if only for a short time.

• Love 5

Even though they don't seem to care about Budig, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought her back to test Hayden with Drew because who else is there to pair him with? Done it with Sam and Liz and both of them have new pairings. Maxie? Recast Lulu? Britt is crushing on Jason and Terry doesn't have the status.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Even though they don't seem to care about Budig, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought her back to test Hayden with Drew because who else is there to pair him with? Done it with Sam and Liz and both of them have new pairings. Maxie? Recast Lulu? Britt is crushing on Jason and Terry doesn't have the status.

I didn't think this was the case but I went through the entire cast (contract and recurring) and literally there isn't anyone else. But even though she's in a new pairing, it's barely gotten started so I can see him and Sam interacting for a while. FWIW, I don't think they're bringing Lulu back (recast or otherwise) any time soon.

It's the beard, wait till he actually opens his mouth.  Slim pickings in the male cast.

11 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I didn't think this was the case but I went through the entire cast (contract and recurring) and literally there isn't anyone else. But even though she's in a new pairing, it's barely gotten started so I can see him and Sam interacting for a while. FWIW, I don't think they're bringing Lulu back (recast or otherwise) any time soon.

I think Drew might be teased as a problem for Sam/Dante, but ultimately no triangle.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

He should have been hired as a recast Stavros Cassidine. That’s the name I immediately thought of when I saw the picture, with the wild eyes and the beard. (And, if he didn’t work out, he could easily just be dropped back into a hole. Bonus!)

I agree on both counts, but I also think the chemistry is stronger because the pairing is newer. There are only so many times you can watch Sonny and Carly go through the same old motions— it got stale years ago, and MB was clearly telegraphing his boredom. Of course that doesn’t mean S&C won’t be back together again soon, because a lot of fans are going to demand it.

Agreed (although I think some thought KM and ME brought it in Round 2). But I would be shocked if they didn’t try, because it’s a sure way to get the couple’s old fans to tune in, even if only for a short time.

Sigh.  McBam.  Yeah, they were hot.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I’m hoping they’ll at least chem test him with Britt. I didn’t love Ryan Lavery but I think Cam Mat can play sweet well and I wouldn’t mind her having that. And I would very much like her out of Jason’s toxic orbit. 

• Love 5
On 8/14/2021 at 5:21 PM, jsbt said:

Kelly may be vaxxed now. Good for her. But whoever is running around unvaccinated on that set needs to be fired, period.

I don't know what the rules are about talking about vaccinated vs. unvaccinated, but let's just say my opinions about those who refuse to get vaccinated are very, very far from charitable BUT why should someone unvaccinated get fired? It's one thing if TPTB had required it, or the union required it, but according to NLG the union doesn't and I doubt the GH bosses do either. Now if the person who gave it to SBu, came to work knowing they were sick and passed it around all wily-nily, then they should be fired. 

16 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I am so not looking forward to Ryan Lavery.

CM has played a lot of character not Ryan over the last few years. Then again, I liked Ryan so I don't care if he is or not.

• Love 2

CM's Ryan Lavery and that Fusion nonsense is why I dumped AMC after watching it from very early on with my parents. My Dad loved Phoebe!

I loved Greenlea and Leo. But that next era was unwatchable for me.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 2
On 8/12/2021 at 7:03 PM, racked said:

I realize this is old news now but with Cameron Mathison joining is there speculation they’ll bring Rebecca Buding back to try and reignite that spark? I doubt it would work, it never seems to when it’s different characters but the same actors (If Stephan Nichols and MBE couldn’t make it work I think no one can). But just curious who they might pair him with. I could see him having chemistry with Rebecca Herbst too though that would be kind of awkward with the characters history. 

They never had spark on AMC. RB left the show twice because of Rylee.

• Love 1

On 8/13/2021 at 7:58 PM, sunnyface said:

So is Covid running through the set?  What a guy - SBu can pinpoint exactly where he got it.  Blames his workplace.   Must be an endearing guy to work with.  I truly wish that I could see see what is so great either about his acting, looks, personality - that others contemplate spending resources (money and time).  Not saying that BM was the bees knees but we lost him over this 'actor'?

BM no longer playing Jason is on SB. Him leaving the show altogether had nothing to do with Burton.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

why should someone unvaccinated get fired?

Because their selfishness is putting everyone else at risk. The immediate cast and crew might be vaxxed, but what about their families and friends? It's highly probable they know immunocompromised folks, children too young to be vaccinated, people medically unable to be vaccinated, etc. Those people should pay the price because one asshole thinks vaccinations are an affront to freedom?

I can't see Rebecca Budig returning to GH unless Frank gave her the moon. She's been so badly served by the show.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, bannana said:

CM's Ryan Lavery and that Fusion nonsense is why I dumped AMC after watching it from very early on with my parents. My Dad loved Phoebe!

I loved Greenlea and Leo. But that next era was unwatchable for me.

I loved Greenlee and Leo too. They're my favorite daytime pairing of all time. 

28 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I can't see Rebecca Budig returning to GH unless Frank gave her the moon. She's been so badly served by the show.

Same. I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees it.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

BM no longer playing Jason is on SB. Him leaving the show altogether had nothing to do with Burton.

The writing for BM's character turned to complete crap on Burton's return. Poor oppressed skirt-wearing Sam.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I hope Frank does give RBud the moon. Let’s see, he just saved a few bucks by killing the dude at the Tan-O…perhaps he’ll get rid of whomever gave SBu the COVID cooties (please let it be Eeyore and his frrrriendds). Let the Budig Budget Cutting commence!

Seriously, her mom’s been murdered, her name’s being anviled like the crane at the construction site that took out the strooker, and the father of her child is available. Call me a cockeyed optimist, but I think it’s going to happen.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

There is a chance to build on some of the chemistry Mo kinda-sorta has with CW. But it really would be better for it all to be happening back in Port Charles, with "Mike" deciding not to go back to the Sonny life and to stick by Nina -- not that it would last forever.  

• Love 1

CM really was blessed with the good looks, hair & beard gene. You throw in some abs and he’s basically perfect. Of course, everyone has their personal & health issues but in soap land he’s stunning. That said, I don’t see him as Drew and I’d much prefer Billy Miller. Heck! I’d prefer him back on Y&R as Billy Abbott and send Jason Thompson packing or back to GH as Patrick. Unfortunately, nice things never happen to me so I’ll continue to come back here each day to vent. LOL!!!,

• Love 5

I

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Article in today's NY Post about the Jay Pickett mention at the end of the show. I'd hardly call the tribute "emotional," but I have a shriveled-up walnut where my heart is supposed to be.

I guess I do, too. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Article in today's NY Post about the Jay Pickett mention at the end of the show. I'd hardly call the tribute "emotional," but I have a shriveled-up walnut where my heart is supposed to be.

I mean, it was a screen saying "in memory of" with some music.  If that constitutes "emotional" that's a mighty low bar.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I mean, it was a screen saying "in memory of" with some music.  If that constitutes "emotional" that's a mighty low bar.

They set the bar so low with Stuart Damon's tribute, there really wasn't much to do to pay tribute when one of the show's patriarchs only got a 10 second clip package. 

• Love 2
On 8/17/2021 at 9:28 AM, TheMediaHo said:

Seriously, her mom’s been murdered, her name’s being anviled like the crane at the construction site that took out the strooker, and the father of her child is available. Call me a cockeyed optimist, but I think it’s going to happen.

Hi, Cockeyed Optimist! I think Hayden’s coming back, too. But as much as I hope  that also means RB will be coming back, I’m not holding my breath. I mean, there’s probably at least one more unemployed AMC/OLTL actress wandering the parking lot, right?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I haven't seen Wednesday's show yet, but I see from posts in the episode thread that we still don't know for whom the mysterious eavesdropping/smirking nurse is working or what her angle is. I hope it's only a coincidence that her first appearance and the car fire coincided with a sudden spike in talk about Kiki. I liked Kiki as played by Hayley Erin, but a reveal that she's alive and has a different face would just be too much, even for GH. I had that thought during yesterday's episode, and I dismissed it as being too far out there, but apparently I'm not alone. 

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/08/18/new-nurse-general-hospital-is-kiki-jerome-alive-abc/

21 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Hi, Cockeyed Optimist! I think Hayden’s coming back, too. But as much as I hope  that also means RB will be coming back, I’m not holding my breath. I mean, there’s probably at least one more unemployed AMC/OLTL actress wandering the parking lot, right?

Watch them hire Melissa Archer. 

• LOL 1
54 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I haven't seen Wednesday's show yet, but I see from posts in the episode thread that we still don't know for whom the mysterious eavesdropping/smirking nurse is working or what her angle is. I hope it's only a coincidence that her first appearance and the car fire coincided with a sudden spike in talk about Kiki. I liked Kiki as played by Hayley Erin, but a reveal that she's alive and has a different face would just be too much, even for GH. I had that thought during yesterday's episode, and I dismissed it as being too far out there, but apparently I'm not alone. 

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/08/18/new-nurse-general-hospital-is-kiki-jerome-alive-abc/

If it's Kiki, then watch them bring her back with Griffin's kid in tow. Because the show can't help it.

• Useful 1
On 8/17/2021 at 7:35 AM, dubbel zout said:

Because their selfishness is putting everyone else at risk. The immediate cast and crew might be vaxxed, but what about their families and friends? It's highly probable they know immunocompromised folks, children too young to be vaccinated, people medically unable to be vaccinated, etc. Those people should pay the price because one asshole thinks vaccinations are an affront to freedom?

I would never argue it's not selfish and reckless behavior, but unless an employer demands vaccinations as a condition of employment, and that person refuses, no one is getting fired for not getting vaccinated. Plus, I feel it's an assumption to assume an unvaccinated person passed it on to SBu. As we've learned recently, you can still pass on COVID if you've been vaccinated.

I don't see this show backing up the truck to anyone. Plus, I think it might depend on how desperate RBu is for work or on whether or not she had a problem with her writing. Look at how many times GF kept coming back to this show only to get tricked and get the shaft.

• Love 2