Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

So, they've recast Drew...it's some Hallmark guy, and he's no Billy Miller as far as the HOT goes, I'll put it that way.    I don't think i'll ever be able to like SBU because of this.  

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ahh. Sorry I thought it was an official confirmation.

Oh sorry, Alan Sarpa tweeted it and I've never seen him tweet something he didn't know was a fact unfortunately.  

They're hooking up Liz with Finn. Maybe Drew can take over Aurora for a while before they put him with anyone. Maybe Brook Lynn if Anna wins the Valentin stakes, Maxie in a year, or even a recast Lulu. Everyone else seems to be partnered up.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

They're hooking up Liz with Finn. Maybe Drew can take over Aurora for a while before they put him with anyone. Maybe Brook Lynn if Anna wins the Valentin stakes, Maxie in a year, or even a recast Lulu. Everyone else seems to be partnered up.

Carly isn't.  I don't know, I just thought about that.  For me, Drew is BM and I personally thought Killy blew Jasam away, so I don't care who this new guy is matched with.   But I do recall Carly and BM's Drew kissing that first New Year's Eve.  

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Carly isn't.  I don't know, I just thought about that.  For me, Drew is BM and I personally thought Killy blew Jasam away, so I don't care who this new guy is matched with.   But I do recall Carly and BM's Drew kissing that first New Year's Eve.  

That won't last. Mooby will show up again in Port Charles and she'll have her wuuuuunnnerfuuuuuuuulllll Michael Corleone wannabe hubby back.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

Carly and BM's Drew kissing that first New Year's Eve.  

Is that when she didn't know who he was or thought that he was Jason?

Since Carly found out that Drew is Drew and not her beloved Jason, she's treated him like excrement on the sole of her shoe.

• Love 4
(edited)

The latest installment of MB explaining why his current story line is great: https://soaps.sheknows.com/general-hospital/news/602891/general-hospital-maurice-benard-doubles-down-mike-nina-storyline/

One of my bigger questions is the first line of the article, "General Hospital leading man Maurice Benard is not known for his poker face. When he’s “meh” on a storyline, you can tell." And this is my question: Why wasn't he (and others who have done the same thing) taken to the woodshed for this years ago? Do TPTB actually think the viewers can't tell when the people they've seen onscreen daily are half-assing it? Shouldn't someone in charge be embarrassed to see that in print? 

Edited by rur
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I could see Carly launching herself at Drew if she's feeling needy for attention with Jason turning towards Britt...

I think Drew is going to be written totally different than what we saw with Miller and he very well might go to Carly.  Miller's version had no use for her especially after Jason returned.

A big NO to pairing Liz with Finn. He’s the former beau of her sister and father of her niece. Yeah, I know those with three kids by three different baby daddies shouldn’t throw stones, but this is squicky, even for Liz. It’s almost up there with all the various Sam pairings with Sonny and then his inner circle. Besides — and I’m a cockeyed optimist — I’m holding out for the return of HaydenGreenlee. Just think of the first time she bumps into nuDrew. Green butterflies, anyone?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TheMediaHo said:

A big NO to pairing Liz with Finn. He’s the former beau of her sister and father of her niece. Yeah, I know those with three kids by three different baby daddies shouldn’t throw stones, but this is squicky, even for Liz. It’s almost up there with all the various Sam pairings with Sonny and then his inner circle. Besides — and I’m a cockeyed optimist — I’m holding out for the return of HaydenGreenlee. Just think of the first time she bumps into nuDrew. Green butterflies, anyone?

I'm aggravated that CM is nuDrew, and I'll be doubly aggravated if there is a "Rylee" revisited thing. Of course, my triple aggravation is that IF Hayden/RB returns (and that's a big IF from what was previously mentioned upthread), is her being in a triangle with Liz and Finn. Why all these women are throwing themselves at this boring, flat, monotone, mayo, stale, white bread character I'll never understand. I loathe him to a point of irrationality.

• Love 3

I think I'm okay with NuDrew. I like Drew better than a lot of the male characters in his age group on the show and, as much as I'd like Billy Miller back, I don't see him being interested. Even if the recast doesn't work out, hopefully the character at least gets to go off alive versus his current predicament. Heck, maybe he can take Scout with him. Either way, for now, I'd rather have another Quartermaine around, even a retconned one, who actually cares about Monica and spends time with her. I like Drew & Curtis's friendship too.

If Kelly Monaco is staying, I hope they have chemistry though because the other current option of Sam/Dante is terrible.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/24/2021 at 12:42 PM, tvgoddess said:

I'm aggravated that CM is nuDrew, and I'll be doubly aggravated if there is a "Rylee" revisited thing. Of course, my triple aggravation is that IF Hayden/RB returns (and that's a big IF from what was previously mentioned upthread), is her being in a triangle with Liz and Finn. Why all these women are throwing themselves at this boring, flat, monotone, mayo, stale, white bread character I'll never understand. I loathe him to a point of irrationality.

Hmmm.... I hear ya but I wouldn't kick him out of bed! !!

Love his claddagh tattoo. First saw it on OLTL.🔥

1561fcec0b21d2294b97090cf46144e8.jpg

Edited by seasons
Me likey.
  • Love 3

I think Michael Easton is one of the best-looking men on GH, and has been one of the best looking on daytime ever since he showed up on Days all those years ago. He's in his 50's but still looks great. I also think he has charisma and charm in spades, and, best of all, he's a really great actor who gives his all in every scene, providing nuance and whatever the scene calls for. He never half-asses it.  I also can't think of one time that a co-star of his (male or female) hasn't sung his praises for what a joy and professional he is to work with and vice-versa.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, driver18 said:

I think Michael Easton is one of the best-looking men on GH, and has been one of the best looking on daytime ever since he showed up on Days all those years ago. He's in his 50's but still looks great. I also think he has charisma and charm in spades, and, best of all, he's a really great actor who gives his all in every scene, providing nuance and whatever the scene calls for. He never half-asses it.  I also can't think of one time that a co-star of his (male or female) hasn't sung his praises for what a joy and professional he is to work with and vice-versa.

Looks are subjective and while I've met him in person (small GH event that I was there for one reason and one reason only) and agree that he's a perfectly nice and even sarcastically funny guy, I could not disagree more with the bolded.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Looks are subjective and while I've met him in person (small GH event that I was there for one reason and one reason only) and agree that he's a perfectly nice and even sarcastically funny guy, I could not disagree more with the bolded.

Fair enough. I disagree every time you insult and denigrate the character of Finn as boring and call him "Dr. Michael Easton" as if the character isn't worthy of being called by his name. We all have are faves and non-faves.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, driver18 said:

Fair enough. I disagree every time you insult and denigrate the character of Finn as boring and call him "Dr. Michael Easton" as if the character isn't worthy of being called by his name. We all have are faves and non-faves.

I don't call him that.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I don't call him that.

I'm sorry. I'm confusing you with another poster.

Still, we do have our faves and non-faves. I think he's a great actor, you don't. It is subjective.

(edited)
21 hours ago, driver18 said:

I see TeeVee "admitted" to creating it, but I think a lot of us picked it up over the years, to be fair ;)  I don't see it as a knock on him, necessarily, but just a comment that he's played more than one doctor on GH.  

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 4
On 6/25/2021 at 12:41 PM, dubbel zout said:

I don't think KeMo has much chemistry with anyone these days, given her obvious lack of interest and effort. She seems burnt out.

It's funny to think of how much she and Dr. Michael Easton (sorry) burned up the screens on Port Charles as Livvie and Caleb, but flared out as Sam and Silas. (Not that this hasn't happened to other couple transplants, including when "Patch" and "Kayla" were on GH.)  

• Love 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I see TeeVee "admitted" to creating it, but I think a lot of us picked it up over the years, to be fair ;)  I don't see it as a knock on him, necessarily, but just a comment that he's played more than one doctor on GH.  

Alas, I think for many it's a knock. That's fine. I love his character. Finn is one of the genuinely few GOOD characters on GH. He's a decent, kind man who doesn't abuse, insult women. He treats everyone well. When he makes mistakes he generally admits them. He's slow to anger, has a quirky sense of humor, is intelligent and has a stylish sense of dress. He's NOT involved with the mob. The character also hasn't ever swallowed the show; he doesn't show up in storylines he doesn't belong either. He was slowly worked into the canvas. His family has gradually been built into the fabric of the show. Plus, he is a doctor for goodness' sake on General HOSPITAL.

It's funny to think of how much she and Dr. Michael Easton (sorry) burned up the screens on Port Charles as Livvie and Caleb, but flared out as Sam and Silas.

Speaking to your next post point: I'm one of the few who really liked Sam/Silas, but then I also loved Silas, and will pretty much squee every time that ME and KM share screen because I ADORE their chemistry. And, it was generally regarded that they did have that pretty HAWT chemistry as Sam and McBain, but I think coming on a few months later as Silas and expecting it to rev up again *right away* was the issue.

I think that Finn and Sam probably would have worked because ME and KM just effortlessly, naturally have that chemistry. I really do think that the actors still did have it as Sam/Silas. It just took the writers a while to find their footing with Silas. And, frankly, 'Hey, your kid is going to die.' as a first meeting is TERRIBLE! and Silas' introduction as a character (and his look) was terrible..

Then they added the whole Stephen Clay/Caleb Morley reprisal thing to it and frankly it was just a whole mess. On top of all of that, fans were still missing the great Sam/McBain dynamic which had landed SO WELL.  So, yeah, Sam/Silas had so much against them. The worst thing was the first thing though... rushing straight into hooking their characters up right away without doing any groundwork at all was such a mistake.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, driver18 said:

And, it was generally regarded that they did have that pretty HAWT chemistry as Sam and McBain, but I think coming on a few months later as Silas and expecting it to rev up again *right away* was the issue.

Another major problem of this fakakta show: expecting history to do the work for the writers.

• Love 4
On 6/26/2021 at 10:17 PM, Auntie Velvet said:

It's funny to think of how much she and Dr. Michael Easton (sorry) burned up the screens on Port Charles as Livvie and Caleb, but flared out as Sam and Silas. (Not that this hasn't happened to other couple transplants, including when "Patch" and "Kayla" were on GH.)  

I didn't see Port Charles, but I LOVED McBam (Mcbain and Sam) and I was so upset when they couldn't use the AMC characters anymore and split that couple up.   I personally feel Kemo has had some great chemistry.   I don't know who's hotter than Sam and Vaughn's Lucky.   And she and Billy Miller, that was hot.   But whatever happened BTS, yeah, she seems over it.   I know she has that fu money, so maybe she will just leave at some point.  I won't judge her because I don't know what happened.   Considering some of my least favorite people were involved, I have no problem believing it was pretty bad.  

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I didn't see Port Charles, but I LOVED McBam (Mcbain and Sam) and I was so upset when they couldn't use the AMC characters anymore and split that couple up.   I personally feel Kemo has had some great chemistry.   I don't know who's hotter than Sam and Vaughn's Lucky.   And she and Billy Miller, that was hot.   But whatever happened BTS, yeah, she seems over it.   I know she has that fu money, so maybe she will just leave at some point.  I won't judge her because I don't know what happened.   Considering some of my least favorite people were involved, I have no problem believing it was pretty bad.  

What's this about?

That's so sad! I wonder if they'll do some sort of tribute episode, even though they killed his character off so many years ago. Maybe they can dedicate a hospital wing to him or something. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

RIP, Stuart Damon!  :(

Oh no! That's so sad. I know he'd been ill for a while but it's still a shock. RIP Stuart. You and Alan Q. got me in to soaps in my tweener years. I was 100% #TeamAlan & Roof over Rick & Monica.  :-(

• Love 3

This one hurts. I really liked him and felt he was done wrong by GH. I always held out hope they'd find a way to bring him back. He was my definition of the perfect man when I saw him as the prince in Cinderella when I was a child. May he rest in peace. Maybe I'll get to waltz with him in heaven one day.

• Love 11

Oh, man, this sucks.  One of my oldest GH memories is the summer Alan was trying to kill Rick and Monica (TeamRoof indeed!).  He was also stellar during the AIDS storyline as Robin's doctor.  Rest in peace, sir!

• Love 6

He was always Prince Charming to me. A generation later when my daughter was getting her tonsils out and could choose one DVD to take to the hospital to watch, she chose his Cinderella.

It feels like there are too many memorial episodes lately but Alan Quartermain definitely needs one.  I don't want another Michael baby but maybe Britt can have a chance of a pregnancy and a little boy Alan.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13