Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

It’s sort of been confirmed. Of course, what do I know.

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/ingo-rademacher-out-at-gh-1709382/

No it's confirmed for Ingo at least. 

58 minutes ago, jsbt said:

What could have been so bad BTS between them at this point for that to happen that fast? To say nothing of Jason's bizarre insta-romances with both Dr. Dull Surprise and Carly this year alone. Until 2021 Jason has not become involved with a woman without at least six months of asexual courtship in over 20 years.

I do think maybe it was just them coming up with who else they could pair them with. They had been together for over a year before they broke up, which just happened to be after DZ and KT returned.

1 hour ago, jsbt said:

I think even if he is fired he will be back someday, just as I knew he would be in 2012 - GH has never been able to quit him or the mob and probably never will at this rate - but I'll settle for him being gone again.

Oh, probably, but I think it'll be a few months at least.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Good fucking riddance. I called him out here for being trash a long time ago and got flack for it. I don't enjoy being proved right in this instance. I'm just glad he's gone.

Me too! I got points taken off my score, or whatever the system is. I regret nothing, LOL.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

I still find it crazy they took apart Jason and Sam so quickly and with such little fanfare after years of tormenting us. What could have been so bad BTS between them at this point for that to happen that fast? To say nothing of Jason's bizarre insta-romances with both Dr. Dull Surprise and Carly this year alone. Until 2021 Jason has not become involved with a woman without at least six months of asexual courtship in over 20 years.

Kelly seemed to take his return personally because it seemed to have ruined her little thing with Billy, whatever it was (that's just my viewpoint on it because she never behaved this way with another co star).  I thought she was ok with Steve when he first came back in 2017 but once they started pulling her character away from Drew, she stopped trying on screen with Steve and 2019 was horrible and it carried into 2020 until they finally put the kibosh.   

Edit: Still the instant Jarly love basically shit on all of Jason's pairings. The only one I ever had any use for was JNR.  I don't even like the character but this year was a damn mess for him.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

I do think GH is desperate to control this fallout as much as possible, so they'll drag ass. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it is confirmed this week, but who knows.

Yeah, I'm sure the producers don't want to find themselves in the middle of an anti-vax protest.

On a personal note, this is one of the few times when I am somewhat invested in SBu's storylines, from cucking Sonny to potential Wondertwin Power. Drew and Jason barely interacted the first go-round, despite all the richness there was to play with Drew losing his identity in the fallout, along with his wife and kids. 

I am once again puzzled by all this Navy Seal discussion on the show (Jason woke him today up by pretending to be his commanding officer, or something like that.) Why would this be relevant to someone who has no memory of his past? 

• Love 3

I just can't believe Steve would walk away from money over the vax. IR? I'm not surprised. Steve? Yeah. Is his tour crap with BA that lucrative? He's not gonna make whatever it is GH pays him doing some anti-vaxx interviews; someone should explain it to him those terms, since it's what he cares about.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I am once again puzzled by all this Navy Seal discussion on the show (Jason woke him today up by pretending to be his commanding officer, or something like that.)

Kinky.

Didn't Drew get back his past memories from some disc or something by the end of his first tenure? Granted I haven't watched much more besides clips off and on for several years, but I remember a whole thing with a disc. And Franco!

• LOL 2

I  personally  thought SBU should have been gone over that watermelon and jail clanking debacle.   Is what Ingo did worse than that?  I put them on par, but what do I know.  Anyway, no I won't miss either one of them.  And no one person is the show.  I  miss Tracy but I still watch.  I miss Billy Miller, I actually really  miss Jason Thompson too.  But then you get new favs you like.  I think it will be fine.

• Love 3

Jax as a character was fine. Ingo? Yeah clearly something went off the rails with this man.  Jason?  Bye Bye.

I do like Drew but I am not invested in this show as I was, I mostly watch to mock at this point.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I  personally  thought SBU should have been gone over that watermelon and jail clanking debacle.   Is what Ingo did worse than that?  I put them on par, but what do I know.  Anyway, no I won't miss either one of them.  And no one person is the show.  I  miss Tracy but I still watch.  I miss Billy Miller, I actually really  miss Jason Thompson too.  But then you get new favs you like.  I think it will be fine.

I had to google the mentioned fiasco and wow!! Class act all the way. Based on what Kim McCullough said about how he treated her as a teen, he’s only gotten worse through the years. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I'll miss Jax. Back in the 90s I just adored him, and I still have a lot of residual fondness for the character. But Ingo made his choice and I have zero sympathy.

Jax is a great character but I have not enjoyed him as much since he returned.  I miss the Jax who was best friends with Alexis and Ned.  There were a lot of BTS issues with Ingo.  I hope they do not kill off Jax and go for a recast instead.  I would love to see Jax and Ned joining forces to regain control of ELQ.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Given how much he whined when the FireIngo trend started, I'm sure it stings a bit, but I'm sure he'll enjoy his free time in Hawaii, and his freedom to be as odious as possible without employers to worry about.

It's even stricter in Hawaii.

1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Oh get the F over it! God forbid someone doesn't wanna get the vaccine, or agree with the agenda in Hollywood.. 

Do what you want with me now. I'm sick of all this shit. No one can have a different opinion now. 

I can understand someone not wanting to get it for certain reasons. But he also mocked NLG for wanting to wear masks on set. Not taking covid seriously enough to want to take basic precautions, that I am iffy with.

Politics or vaccine opinions aside, Jax has been pointless this go round. Why he was even re-hired I don't know. He's done nothing but date Nina and whine about her.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Politics or vaccine opinions aside, Jax has been pointless this go round. Why he was even re-hired I don't know. He's done nothing but date Nina and whine about her.

I think a lot of older female GH fans think he's hot.  I'm an older GH fan, being Gen X I can't say I'm young, but the men in my age rage who pass as hot on this show really bewilder me.  SBU?  Sorry, don't see it, not even a blip.  Ingo painted himself orange (I personally think it's a tribute) and he just doesn't do it for me.   I guess I am inappropriate but I'd much rather look at NuSpencer.  Although I always found Billy Miller hot, and I am surprised to find his replacement, Cam, hot too.  The guy who plays Sean has an AMAZING BODY.  But a lot of fans seem to think Mo is "the sex" or something.  WTF?  I don't know.  I could do without all three of them personally, tho I know Mo's not going anywhere. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, CeChase said:

I think a lot of older female GH fans think he's hot.  I'm an older GH fan, being Gen X I can't say I'm young, but the men in my age rage who pass as hot on this show really bewilder me.  SBU?  Sorry, don't see it, not even a blip.  Ingo painted himself orange (I personally think it's a tribute) and he just doesn't do it for me.   I guess I am inappropriate but I'd much rather look at NuSpencer.  Although I always found Billy Miller hot, and I am surprised to find his replacement, Cam, hot too.  The guy who plays Sean has an AMAZING BODY.  But a lot of fans seem to think Mo is "the sex" or something.  WTF?  I don't know.  I could do without all three of them personally, tho I know Mo's not going anywhere. 

Older fan here and yes, judging on looks alone I do think Ingo/Jax is hot. Steve, well I think he used to be hot but not anymore. All the tanning has caught up to him, his face is very leathery. Shawn is smoking hot, I only wish they would utilize the actor better as he can also actually act. CM is a beautiful man, he’s in his 50’s and you can tell he’s taken care of himself over the years. 

5 hours ago, CeChase said:

All business.    People are free to go work someplace else. 

Exactly. I think Ingo will be fine. I can see him being picked up by some conspiracy/anti vax group as their spokesperson of something. He’s handsome, well spoken, decent actor. He’ll be fine. 

If it’s true Steve is getting the ax too well, I won’t miss him. He’s done exactly zero since his return. I was getting semi-interested in him and Britt but now it’s been a while and I’m over it. A shame because I used to be a fan back in the day, but he’s become a caricature. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Older fan here and yes, I think Ingo/Jax is hot. Steve, well I think he used to be hot but not anymore. All the tanning has caught up to him, his face is very leathery. Shawn is smoking hot, I only wish they would utilize the actor better as he can also actually act. CM is a beautiful man, he’s in his 50’s and you can tell he’s taken care of himself over the years. 

Exactly. I think Ingo will be fine. I can see him being picked up by some conspiracy/anti vax group as their spokesperson of something. He’s handsome, well spoken, decent actor. He’ll be fine. 

If it’s true Steve is getting the ax too well, I won’t miss him. He’s down exactly zero since his return. I was getting semi-interested in him and Britt but now it’s been a while and I’m over it. A shame because I used to be a fan back in the day, but he’s become a caricature. 

CM Sure has taken care of himself!  He looks amazing.  SBU was good looking back in the day but he hasn't aged well that's for sure. 

I was never a Jason fan, I was always a Sam fan and I really didn't like Jasam.  But I get it.  

• Love 1

I will miss Jax a little, though Ingo not so much. GH is kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to attractive men, imo. They threw away Sean Kanan (AJ) but at least he's brightening up B&B right now. 

• Love 13

I'm an older female, not a long time GH fan though. I missed the EPIC! S/B/J triangle. I admit it, once I know an actor's opinions, it affects how I see them. Ingo/Jax is okay I guess as far as looks, but blond guys are not my type at all. I much prefer tall, dark, and handsome as they say. 

It would be one thing if he was just anti-vax, although that's bad enough. Have some fucking respect for your fellow cast and crew. But he's also pretty racist, misogynist, and apparently transphobic as well. I won't miss him in the least.

• Love 20

If they re-did the Lassa fever storyline today, to be timely, they'd have to include a handful of people in quarantine banging on the door going, "Hey, what about MY rights to go infect others with a deadly communicable disease as I d@mn well please!"

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, jsbt said:

Kinky.

Didn't Drew get back his past memories from some disc or something by the end of his first tenure? Granted I haven't watched much more besides clips off and on for several years, but I remember a whole thing with a disc. And Franco!

I think only Franco ever was the recipient of the those memories, through the forced surgery. So we the audience know a bit more about Drew's early days (including the fact that he was aware of Jason and the rest of the Quartermaines as a teen, which was interesting but of course unexplored).

But I'm pretty sure Billy Miller's Drew left almost right after that happened, and is only aware that Franco thought of himself as Drew at the time. (Always weird to type out these SLs!).

12 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Oh get the F over it! God forbid someone doesn't wanna get the vaccine, or agree with the agenda in Hollywood.. 

Do what you want with me now. I'm sick of all this shit. No one can have a different opinion now. 

You can't be a bigot, fortunately. He has crossed the line with his transphobic reposts, and his response video was even worse.

• Love 24
15 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I'm sure he's torn up about it. 

I was wondering if he would regret this because he has a family to support (didn't he just have a baby?) and not much in terms of screen prospects until the pandemic is over. While I admire people who stick up for their principles. this seems a bad hill to die on.

• Love 2

IR already switched careers. He was only on GH again because he called for a referral to be a lifeguard. Which he might not be doing either because apparently you have to be vaccinated to be one in LA, but I'm not positive.

• Useful 1

I’m sure IR will be fine. He & his family are an off the grid kind of family. They would live in their RV and be happy. I think he has 2-3 small condos & does all the work himself. He just redid his whole kitchen at one of them by himself. Of course, having a steady income & weeks off at a time make it easier to live like that. It just depends if others shows in daytime or nighttime have the mandate that Disney/ABC had and want to hire him. Time will tell on that front.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Useful 1

Unless there's a successful legal challenge to the recent federal mandate, all private employers with 100+ employees will be required to have employees vaccinate or undergo weekly testing and be masked while at work. So NBC, CBS, Corday Productions, etc., will almost certainly have vaccination requirements soon. 

• Love 9

As others up thread have stated, I've always liked Jax; except for his most recent returns. Ingo? Not so much. And here's the thing: when he left the show the FIRST time, he didn't have much luck finding acting jobs in prime time, or day time. I remember a short role in that one prime time soap that had promise, but crashed and burned. It starred Victoria Principal, Yasmeen Bleeth as the BITCH who married Perry King (who died and was Victoria's ex). 

Ingo played some sort of gigolo, I think, who was leading on Josie Davis' character.

So don't let the door slam your ass on the way out. Same to you, Burton.

• Love 7

I love the character of Jax. Jason I can take or leave. I'm not a big fan of the Corinthii clan, but I'd say he is the one I tolerate the most between Sonny, Carly, Michael, and Jason. I don't really listen to celebrities when they start talking about their political opinions so I'm able to like Ingo/Jax, NLG/Alexis, and everyone in between. Except Mo, of course, because he thinks he's the Meryl Streep of daytime and screws up the skills of people who have natural talent by giving them "tips" that they can either take or get fired.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Francie said:

Unless there's a successful legal challenge to the recent federal mandate, all private employers with 100+ employees will be required to have employees vaccinate or undergo weekly testing and be masked while at work. So NBC, CBS, Corday Productions, etc., will almost certainly have vaccination requirements soon. 

I think they’ll impose a mandate too, but the weekly testing option doesn’t seem overly burdensome since I think most are doing it anyway. 

• Love 1

I always thought he would make a great addition to the CBS franchise shows such the NCIS’s of the world and Hawaii 5-0 which he actually appeared on a few times. He never did the Hallmark or Lifetime route because he was older then Ryan Paevy and that crowd. He’s sticking to his guns which he has the right to do. Luckily, his role of Jax wasn’t in any big storyline currently and he won’t be missed or mentioned until Joss leaves the show and suddenly has to move to Australia. LOL!!!!! He was totally miscast for the role of Thorne on B&B so he won’t be heading back there. The last month and a half must have been a train wreck behind the scenes when he was fired and his last the air date so close. If his was Days he’d be airing for another year. LOL!!!!!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

As others up thread have stated, I've always liked Jax; except for his most recent returns. Ingo? Not so much. And here's the thing: when he left the show the FIRST time, he didn't have much luck finding acting jobs in prime time, or day time. I remember a short role in that one prime time soap that had promise, but crashed and burned. It starred Victoria Principal, Yasmeen Bleeth as the BITCH who married Perry King (who died and was Victoria's ex). 

Ingo played some sort of gigolo, I think, who was leading on Josie Davis' character.

So don't let the door slam your ass on the way out. Same to you, Burton.

Yep, Titans, produced by Aaron Spelling.

Ingo made his bed, now he has to lie in it. It is what it is. *shrug*

• Love 6
On 11/8/2021 at 5:20 PM, jsbt said:

Yeah, and I don't think Steve fancies himself ending up on the Scott Baio/Antonio Sabato Jr. circuit.

Oh God, can you imagine? Some sort of anti-vax, "Jax & Jagger (and potentially Jason): Washed Up GH Stars Unite" kind of tour! 

Edited by UYI
  • LOL 15
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Pfft. Nice sentiment, but do better with your trans actors and characters, then. For that matter, do better with the LGBTQ+ community. Just DO BETTER.

Don't disagree, but that could apply to all the remaining soaps. Their track records are not the greatest. I still have hope that can change. We'll see.

4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

He knows the rumors and this is his way of telling everyone that he, in fact, still has a job.

Backstage antics are more interesting than the actual show.

• Love 8