Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I agree with everyone that Drew/Cam Mat will fill the Jason spot in terms of love interests as much as possible, but when he started Cam said the show was going to be very flexible with his schedule so he could keep making his Hallmark type movies. So he probably won’t commander as much screen time as Jason did, but really nobody should. 

Lord some of these replies to SB’s video: 

Maurice Benard (Sonny): It takes Lotta guts i wil miss you.

Johnny Wactor (Brando): Love you brother. I support you and your choice in every way. Wishing you back here

Chad Brannon (ex-Zander): So sorry Steve. Way to stand for personal freedom. And great word of gratitude. 🙌🏽 Great perspective. 🙏

Edited by racked
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, CeChase said:

the best Thanksgiving ever.  I was never a Jason fan except when Billy Miller played him.  I don't care, I'm thrilled.  Bye.

I’m all for people being able to make their own choices about the vaccine (and I love that all his coworkers are not as sanctimonious as NLG) but I would love to have Billy Miller back on my screen. I’d prefer him back on Y&R but I’ll take what I can get. 

Frankly with Disney being the parent company I’m surprised they’re not all masked up and social distancing. 🙄

Edited by Runningwild
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, jsbt said:

Foolhardy to come out praising Steve's personal freedom, I don't care who you are. That means you, Maura and Finola!

I only saw their replies with a heart emoji. Did either actually praise his personal freedom? 

I am curious if any other soap will hire Steve Burton. Like, I had said before is I don’t know the rules with the other soaps except Disney/ABC current rule. Of course, the other soaps might want to hire him but not want to deal with what their policy and/or mandate is. Time will tell. I agree that he’s a little delusional about the mandate being magically lifted anytime soon. There are lots of more opportunities for actors with streaming and such which he didn’t have back in the day so he may end up elsewhere. It just depends if anyone wants to deal with his situation to start with and also have to openly discuss their rules with the media.

BTW! Steve Burton does look bad in the face. The last year or so even the makeup couldn’t cover it up. I know hi def is a killer for actors but seeing his Instagram post I was shocked at how bad he looked without the bad pancake makeup GH had been using on him. We're are all older (I know I am) and, but he’s only 51. Too much sun and whatever has caught up to him early. 

• Love 4

When a show you kinda stopped thinking about ... pops up in a random Twitter feed you follow, for the weirdest of reasons.  LOL.

So ... Steve Burton.   I don't know what his claims for exemption were, but I find it hard to believe he's walking around not vaxxed for other things -- and what flavor of Christian is he exactly because my church is fully supportive of vaccination and I believe most are?  Why is this one very specific vaccine the hill on which he chooses to lose his job?  I dunno. Millions of us already got the shots without overthinking it and are perfectly fine ... and we don't even have a job where we have to kiss our co-workers or yell dramatically in their faces all day!

Weirdly, he showed more personality in that video clip than I can remember him showing as Jason since the 90s, although I assume he was trying to project an upbeat attitude in his announcement.  

• Love 21
3 hours ago, CeChase said:

The way he worded it "someday" "maybe I can finish out my career here"  I think he knows it.  

I think he knows that this is the only place that might let him resume and finish his career, because they still worship him for whatever misguided reason. I doubt anyone else will touch him, for a multitude of reasons that begin with vaccine and end with leather face. (Ooh, maybe he could find his place in a TX Chainsaw Massacre remake?)

Actually, I hope his career is already finished because as an immunocompromised person whose life has been derailed by positions such as his, I take this shit very personally.

1 hour ago, racked said:

Maurice Benard (Sonny): It takes Lotta guts i wil miss you.

Johnny Wactor (Brando): Love you brother. I support you and your choice in every way. Wishing you back here

Chad Brannon (ex-Zander): So sorry Steve. Way to stand for personal freedom. And great word of gratitude. 🙌🏽 Great perspective. 🙏

And to Maurice, Johnny and Chad, I say: “Fuck you, fuck you, and especially fuck you.” (Because Eeyore Michael is just annoying, so Chad can double miss me.)

• Love 22
1 hour ago, racked said:
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Foolhardy to come out praising Steve's personal freedom, I don't care who you are. That means you, Maura and Finola!

I only saw their replies with a heart emoji. Did either actually praise his personal freedom? 

Please tell me no. I have always liked both ladies, especially Maura, and Ava is one of my favorites. I really don’t want to have to start disliking either one.

• Love 3

The ladies didn't say anything like MB or Brannon, no. But if it was me I wouldn't get behind that shit in any way however vague. I just find his conduct reprehensible. YMMV.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 18
On 11/23/2021 at 11:02 PM, 30 Helens said:

I think he knows that this is the only place that might let him resume and finish his career, because they still worship him for whatever misguided reason. I doubt anyone else will touch him, for a multitude of reasons that begin with vaccine and end with leather face. (Ooh, maybe he could find his place in a TX Chainsaw Massacre remake?)

Actually, I hope his career is already finished because as an immunocompromised person whose life has been derailed by positions such as his, I take this shit very personally.

And to Maurice, Johnny and Chad, I say: “Fuck you, fuck you, and especially fuck you.” (Because Eeyore Michael is just annoying, so Chad can double miss me.)

Chad Brannon played Zander, not Michael. (That's Chad Duell!) Not that it makes much difference, I guess.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, SlovakPrincess said:

Oh geez, Ingo, too?    Good grief.  

Yep, he was the first one to out himself as an anti vaxxer at GH--he had been posting/reposting anti vax propaganda on Instagram for awhile now, and finally got himself fired, although the fact that he made transphobic comments (some directed at a GH co star who is trans) probably sealed his termination more in the end. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, UYI said:

Yep, he was the first one to out himself as an anti vaxxer at GH--he had been posting/reposting anti vax propaganda on Instagram for awhile now, and finally got himself fired, although the fact that he made transphobic comments (some directed at a GH co star who is trans) probably sealed his termination more in the end. 

He was already fired and off the show when he made those comments.  His firing like Steve was about non compliance to the vaccine. Nothing else.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Hater said:

I don't like Steve but his co stars have known him along time. Showing support isn't a big deal imo.

Some of the comments go over the line for me, but I agree. They’re allowed to miss their friend and coworker. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, UYI said:

Holy shnikeys ... well, all of that retroactively destroys my enjoyment of Jax back in the 90s.    I hadn't heard about the transphobic comments -- especially to be that hurtful to a co-worker, really despicable.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Hater said:

He was already fired and off the show when he made those comments.  His firing like Steve was about non compliance to the vaccine. Nothing else.

Gotcha, I got the timeline mixed up, thanks. 

I want to clarify my position a little bit.  If Ingo and Steve genuinely feel this strongly about not getting vaccinated, for whatever reason (though I disagree strongly) then them sticking to that conviction and being willing to sacrifice their financial security in order to stand by them is .. kind of a good thing, though I hate to call it that under these circumstances.  I find that conviction in total opposition to what I consider logic and care for others as well as themselves, and I worry about the consequences to their families, but I support their right to make that decision.

However, I feel like people lining up to kiss Steve's ass on the way out the door is kinda gross and I wonder if they genuinely agree with him or are just trying to snatch a little publicity.  In the case of the actors still on the show, do they agree about the vaccine?  Did they compromise their own "morals" (I don't even know how to describe this) for a paycheck?  And I don't care for any of it.

I don't like either of these actors from what information I have heard about them in the past.  Them not wanting to be vaccinated isn't the issue that makes me dislike them.  I know people in real life who have decided for various reasons (mostly stupid ones in my opinion) not to be vaccinated, and I don't hate them, but I question their intelligence (one of these people is in freaking MEDICINE!!).  I would be a huge hypocrite to bash on these guys while quietly minding my own business about people I actually know.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Chad Brannon played Zander, not Michael. (That's Chad Deuel!) Not that it makes much difference, I guess.

Ah. Thanks for the correction. So that means Duell is just a bad actor, not necessarily a bad person. At least that’s more forgivable. 

1 hour ago, racked said:

They’re allowed to miss their friend and coworker. 

I agree. And I can empathize, because there are people in my family who hold positions that are diametrically opposed to mine, but I still love them. So people can love and support Steve (and Ingo) for whatever personal reasons they may have. They just shouldn’t support taking a hurtful position unless they want to stand behind that position themselves. It’s a fine distinction, but an important one, I think.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19

Evelyn Hall in her biography of Voltaire summarized his position as "I disapprove of what you said but I will defend to the death your right to say it." But she was referring to freedom of speech and not a virus that had the power to actually kill.

If IR and SBu believe that their right to say no is more important than protecting their co-workers, they were right to leave.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, racked said:

Not that I saw no.  I really like that the fab five (that's what I'm going to start calling the VERY talented young set) didn't say anything and I hope they keep it that way.

9 hours ago, Hater said:

I don't like Steve but his co stars have known him along time. Showing support isn't a big deal imo.

I think other than the couple of them who applauded his "bravery" (what's brave is protecting others) and "personal freedom" this is true.  I have a brother who is anti-vax and though it really pains me, I love him.   I understand.  That's love. Maybe I should tweet at Ingo "Love is Love".  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, SlovakPrincess said:

So ... Steve Burton.   I don't know what his claims for exemption were, but I find it hard to believe he's walking around not vaxxed for other things -- and what flavor of Christian is he exactly because my church is fully supportive of vaccination and I believe most are?  Why is this one very specific vaccine the hill on which he chooses to lose his job?  I dunno. Millions of us already got the shots without overthinking it and are perfectly fine ... and we don't even have a job where we have to kiss our co-workers or yell dramatically in their faces all day!

Because it was turned into a political weapon. There's a lot of misinformation around it so the damage has been done. 

But whatever. It's not like Steve is going to enter the poorhouse or anything like that. He has his scams and his podcast and an army of fans who will throw money at him for a smile or a picture. If his podcast isn't on Patreon yet, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it is. He and Ingo made their choices knowing what the consequences were and that's the end of that. 

• Love 15

If I announced I got fired and some of my co-workers just sent a heart emoji at my announcement, I might take it as possibly passive aggressive, lol.  I assume they meant "love you, Steve" but could also be read as "love this news!"  

At the end of the day, all these people are on social media too damn much and should just say bye to him in private, because they shouldn't want to be seen as blindly endorsing his whole message.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

I find it rich coming from Steve Burton, who used to push some unproven miracle fruit punch scam.

Here's the link to the late TWOP's old Soap Dish thread, via the Wayback Machine. Some of the BEST posts were about SBu's involvement with Monavie and the jokes people made about it:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140330190824/http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/topic/3173853-soap-dish-behind-the-scenes-drama/

14 minutes ago, SlovakPrincess said:

If I announced I got fired and some of my co-workers just sent a heart emoji at my announcement, I might take it as possibly passive aggressive, lol.  I assume they meant "love you, Steve" but could also be read as "love this news!"  

At the end of the day, all these people are on social media too damn much and should just say bye to him in private, because they shouldn't want to be seen as blindly endorsing his whole message.  

Ingo got fired, but I think Steve actually quit. I agree with your overall point, though. 

• Love 2

I do not object to people posting hearts and I’ll miss you.  They are not supporting his decision, they are saying they will miss him.  Some of them worked with him for decades.

Others are clearly in his camp, but I guess they got the vaccine anyway, even if it was just to keep their jobs.  But I will never look at “Brando” the same way again.  It’s clear (to me anyway) that he holds similar beliefs.

And…maybe now is the right time to bring AJ back from the dead and recast the character? He can become a hero and inherit all of Jason’s storylines. 😜

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I do not object to people posting hearts and I’ll miss you.  They are not supporting his decision, they are saying they will miss him.  Some of them worked with him for decades.

Others are clearly in his camp, but I guess they got the vaccine anyway, even if it was just to keep their jobs.  But I will never look at “Brando” the same way again.  It’s clear (to me anyway) that he holds similar beliefs.

And…maybe now is the right time to bring AJ back from the dead and recast the character? He can become a hero and inherit all of Jason’s storylines. 😜

Yeah, Wactor and Coloma.  But my bigger problem with Coloma is that he sucks in the role.  Of course Maura acting circles around him is not a surprise, but Chavez is blowing him off the screen and he just stands there with his derp face reaction.  I totally buy him as a derp emoticon but as Nicholas?  Nope. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, SlovakPrincess said:

When a show you kinda stopped thinking about ... pops up in a random Twitter feed you follow, for the weirdest of reasons.  LOL.

Weirdly, he showed more personality in that video clip than I can remember him showing as Jason since the 90s, although I assume he was trying to project an upbeat attitude in his announcement.  

Christian Scientist? Don’t they oppose all medicines?

5 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

Christian Scientist? Don’t they oppose all medicines?

I think they left it up to their members on this one and stressed the importance of public health and safety.  I read somewhere that the Christian Science church said opposition to vaccination is not actually in their theology and that was an incorrect assumption / speculation when the COVID vaccines came out.

Anyway, I'm sure there's speculation that SB leaving could tank the show's (I assume already crappy) ratings ... but I feel like any write out for the character this time around can't possibly be more insulting to Jason fans than the last time around (Jason getting unceremoniously shot by ... whatever undead cartoon character it was, Faison? )

17 minutes ago, SlovakPrincess said:

I'm sure there's speculation that SB leaving could tank the show's (I assume already crappy) ratings

Nothing happened when he was fired or whatever happened in 2012 shortly after the new regime took over. Such a glorious "death" at the time, to see Faison in a Duke mask, shoot him in the back, and then kick him into the harbor. The look on Jason's face when he got shot was such Comedy Gold!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SlovakPrincess said:

To me, a handwritten personal note, detailing some of the good experiences you shared, would me a more meaningful way to let someone know that you had enjoyed working with them. But I am just one of those Clueless Old Ladies, as we refer to ourselves in another forum.  I don’t think that in order for something to be true or valid that it must be blasted all over Social Media. 

Edited by Liddy52
Clarity
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I don't object to that in a vacuum, sure. But I know posting any sign of support on a public post where he's doing a video rambling on about personal freedoms and passively co-signing vaccine misinformation is not something you would catch me doing. I would say my kind goodbyes to a co-worker (if that) separate from that material in another way. 

• Love 15
18 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Some of those comments...🙄😬 Lot of guts my ass, MB. Of course KT is heartbroken. This was her biggest shot at a frontburner pairing with one of the primo airtime hogs. Chad Brannon's comment was disappointing.

17 hours ago, UYI said:

Seeing Chad Brannon praising Steve for his "personal freedom" makes my heart hurt. :'( 

Same. I always liked him, he seemed so upbeat and kind irl, but this sort of attitude coming from him is a complete let-down. Damn disappointing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, jsbt said:

I don't object to that in a vacuum, sure. But I know posting any sign of support on a public post where he's doing a video rambling on about personal freedoms and passively co-signing vaccine misinformation is not something you would catch me doing. I would say my kind goodbyes to a co-worker (if that) separate from that material in another way. 

Mostly agree with this. It’s definitely gotten to the point where a lot people think if you don’t post something on social media it doesn’t count. I think some of the actors felt they had to say something publicly, so they did the bare minimum and posted an emoji. But to show support for any of what SBu has spouted does feel a little squicky, even if that wasn’t their intention.

But,  I also can’t blame them too much for wanting to express support since they’ve known him for so long. Like others, I have anti-vax weirdos in my life. They all even got COVID recently. Part of me would love to just wash my hands of them, literally, but it’s hard to just cut people off like that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Ladies and gents, it is getting a bit heated in here. While I do realize this news would entail differing opinions, the key is discussing with respect and courtesy. Leeway has been allowed, but I will end that if the bickering/attitudes continue.

• Love 11