Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

It's pretty crazy they would can him at this point. I guess they need to free up the police station set for some new condo's. I can't believe that ED, CK and now DD are gone. You can love them or hate them but TPTB don't care about any family history. I mean Jack isn't even an Abbott anymore. WTF?

• Love 17
1 hour ago, DeafAngelboy23 said:

Took some time off after the death of my mother for two months & now I’m back. I’m literally amazed at the speed of backstage drama across the soap world in just two months?! Bless y’all for suffering it all through & stay loyal to the dying industry! 

I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom. I lost mine in 2017. I guess we're all getting to that age. Was your mom a Y&R fan too? Mine was but quit the last time Nikki got back with Victor. She hated Victor after he told Nilkki he wanted to see her dead.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 12

I'm sorry @DeafAngelboy23 to hear of your loss. Welcome Back. 

I had no idea when I was going back and forth with Doug D that he was let go. Sure SHOW ruined his character but I liked Doug. I loved seeing him with CB and SH as his siblings. With all the cast leaving in droves I say pull it off life support and cast a new show I won't watch. I am LIVID with CBS as it is. I'll just block it like I did that Scamology shit. 

FUCK YOU MAL!

• Love 18

My guess...they'll try to push out Peter Bergman next.  Someone somewhere needed to step in and stop this insane de-Abbotting of Jack.  And if they just had to go there, why oh why make him any kind of relation to Victor?  Sickening and preposterous.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, DeafAngelboy23 said:

Took some time off after the death of my mother for two months & now I’m back. I’m literally amazed at the speed of backstage drama across the soap world in just two months?! Bless y’all for suffering it all through & stay loyal to the dying industry! 

So sorry for your loss - she was so young ? I’m only four years younger than she was, so that’s pretty sobering.

• Love 10

Paul was never a favorite, but it's sad he's gone. I remember back when he was arguing with his mother and dealing with the feisty Lauren. Paul's detective agency with Andy(President Ford's real life son) and Lynn the secretary was a big thing. He should've had a scene with Nate since he worked with Nate's late father. Now we get more time for Philly. Yippee! lol

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Tippi said:

My guess...they'll try to push out Peter Bergman next.  Someone somewhere needed to step in and stop this insane de-Abbotting of Jack.  And if they just had to go there, why oh why make him any kind of relation to Victor?  Sickening and preposterous.

Probably they did that because of how Y&R fans were so over the moon about Jill's retcon to be Kay's long lost daughter after we'd seen them fight for decades! And then Jill got a whole new son to replaced the one that was killed off, who fans also couldn't get enough of! Yup, that was great ideas right there!

?

PS: if they let Peter Bergman go, can he be recast as Nick Marone on B&B? Hell, can he recast Ridge? At least we know he'll show up with his A-Game and can do the loveable asshole bit that made Ridge work all these years.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

PS: if they let Peter Bergman go, can he be recast as Nick Marone on B&B? Hell, can he recast Ridge? At least we know he'll show up with his A-Game and can do the loveable asshole bit that made Ridge work all these years.

My first instinct is no to PB as Nick Marone and yet I'm intrigued to see him play a former cigar smoking sailor. 

Getting rid of Jack would hurt the show as Victor needs Jack as a foil. No one else comes close. CurrentBilly doesn't have the necessary venom (unlike Billy Miller) needed. Kyle going ape on Victor if he takes away his other parent and wanting to make up to Jack for being a dink could be interesting if they fully unleash Kyle.

• Love 3

Man,  they had better not even think of getting rid of Jack Abbott. 

What happened to that woman, Angela something, who was so happy Sally was coming on board and it was going to be about family and the veterans, etc? Mal took over and it's been nothing but crickets from her. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Getting rid of Jack would hurt the show as Victor needs Jack as a foil. No one else comes close.

Yep, which is exactly why Mal Young would do it and make AssBilly the new nemesis.

I wouldn't be surprised if if they tried to drive Braeden himself off the show and force some new....thing with. Nick and Billy, where Billy always wins. I'm already pissed off thinking about it.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Yep, which is exactly why Mal Young would do it and make AssBilly the new nemesis.

I wouldn't be surprised if if they tried to drive Braeden himself off the show and force some new....thing with. Nick and Billy, where Billy always wins. I'm already pissed off thinking about it.

The next gen Newman/Abbott rivalry easily was Adam and Billy. Billy understandably would never get over Adam's role in Delia's death but both are tied together due to Johnny, Katie, and Connor all being related. Adam would take a lot of Billy's crap to a certain point and then fight back. Add in Jack's loyalty to Adam as another layer. Johnny and Connor would want to be friends, brothers, cousins but their fathers would make it impossible. Katie would be torn between her brother and cousin. Add in a teen Bella in a few years who could also be Johnny's sister and but also falls for Connor despite her mother loathing his father and you have loooads of next gen Abbott/Newman story.

• Love 17

And the saga continues...’set-side sources’ claim he’s still with the show but was bumped to recurring in January. Unless I missed something in his tweets, He never actually said he was fired, just that he doesn’t feel the showrunner  respects history.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, boes said:

It was like watching a bizzaro version of the show, with people and families and storylines that were maybe set in Pine Valley but had only a passing resemblance to what had kept me watching for 40 years.  And it became the Cam Matheson and Rebecca Budig Hour and that's was as enraging as it was painful to watch.

until this day, i can not stand either one of those actors......they became what philly are today, the shows everything and everyone wants them cause they are so HAWT....

• Love 11

oh gosh, i was just at a different forum and they were discussing eb's month long vacay and dd being let go.

a poster chimed in with "he/she was happy they were finally getting the "young" in the young and restless cause they were tired of the same ole same ole..

i replied to them and ended with having newbies is fine, but they should be a side dish, not the entree.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

oh gosh, i was just at a different forum and they were discussing eb's month long vacay and dd being let go.

a poster chimed in with "he/she was happy they were finally getting the "young" in the young and restless cause they were tired of the same ole same ole..

i replied to them and ended with having newbies is fine, but they should be a side dish, not the entree.

There's a right and a wrong way to introduce new characters, and shoving newbies front and center while gutting historical vets left and right is not it. Victor Newman began as a 13 week role that took off unexpectedly and even then it was decades before Victor took over the show.

I can't think of a single new character that's taken off organically in the last ten years. Maybe Mariah, and that was more about how LML stupidly killed off Cassie, then Show proceeded to rub salt in that wound every birthday, Christmas, anniversary, and any time either half of Shick wanted an excuse to be the shitty people they would have been if she had lived.

• Love 14

Here’s an absolutely blistering column from Linda Bloodworth-Thomason, creator of Designing Women, on her treatment at the hands of Les Moonves.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/designing-women-creator-les-moonves-not-all-harassment-is-sexual-1142448

”By 1995, Mr. Stringer and Mr. Sagansky were gone and a new, unknown (to me) president named Les Moonves had taken over. By then, I was producing a new pilot, prophetically titled Fully Clothed Non-Dancing Women. I was immediately concerned when I heard that Mr. Moonves was rumored to be a big fan of topless bars. Then, someone delivered the news that he especially hated Designing Womenand their loud-mouthed speeches. He showed up at the first table read and took a chair directly across from mine (actress Illeana Douglas, who later accused him of sexual harassment, sat next to me). Having been voted most popular in high school, I felt confident that I would be able to charm him. I was wrong. He sat and stared at me throughout the entire reading with eyes that were stunningly cold, as in, “You are so dead.” I had not experienced such a menacing look since Charles Manson tried to stare me down on a daily basis when I was a young reporter covering that trial. As soon as the pilot was completed, Moonves informed me that it would not be picked up. I was at the pinnacle of my career. I would not work again for seven years.”

• Love 18
1 hour ago, miamama said:

fucktards GinaANDJason who were -- what?--simulating a blowjob on the floor of their trash motel the other day? I won't/can't watch but saw the gif. I mean WHAT THE FUCK? She lifts her head up and says WOW and he is sprawled on the floor with a sheet over his waist and his leg entwined with hers. "WE CROSSED A LINE. WE ARE HOT AND FREE SPIRITS." Puke. What is it with Mal and the sex with these two? Didn't they cross lines in NOLA too? So. Revolting.

Honestly, I find it quite creepy, and without going into the many ways I find it creepy, I'll just say I find it extremely weird that those characters are written to have sex MULTIPLE TIMES in the span of ONE episode and it happens in the large majority of episodes they are featured in.

• Love 21

Many months ago, I suggested that what this show needed was a good murder mystery like back in the good old days. There would be twists and turns; we’d see the cops at work in the field and at the office; everyone in town would be speculating as would we at home as viewers. I didn’t suggest that last sentence as I thought it would be obvious to long time viewers as to how the mystery should play out. I certainly did not suggest the “JT gets kilt by the stupid foursome and buried in Katherine’s memorial park” story line. It never occurred to me that that was even a possibility. I was so hoping that Victor got killed because there would be so many, many suspects. In my mind, it would be a rerun of the last two Seinfeld episodes with a long trail of people Victor had wronged through the years being brought to the stand to testify as to his hideous behavior. Geez, folks. Maybe I should apply to be a writer on this failing show.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

TPTB aka Mal aka whoever runs things is so pathetic. The only people happy right now (as far as I can tell) are JT, GT, and any newbies being hired. 

Also JM. He said he was ready to leave (bored etc) and then show created Dark Horse (lol) and new edgy Nick (more lol) so he stayed. Apparently Mal et al think he’s the bomb and worth working to keep.

Lame weak actor privileged white guy who plays an equally lame privileged white guy is front and centre with a new set.

Not MiM or ED. 

So very CBS of them.

• Love 21

Here’s the thing about DD being so unceremoniously dumped that scares me: it could happen to my fave next. Mal clearly is turning this show in a new direction, and it’s one that I’m not interested in, I’m afraid. I’ve watched this show all my life, and the older vets are an important part of the show for me. I don’t tune in to watch newbies. I never have. If over time, I learn to like them, great, but they don’t motivate me to watch. Doing away with the Abbots, minimizing Victor(I realize he’s a problematic character, but I do like him), making Nikki just a sounding board for her boring daughter...the show is shifting and I don’t like it.  EB taking a month vacation right now, idk, maybe it’s nothing...but it doesn’t feel like nothing.

• Love 23

This is probably one of the biggest problems in soaps.....new writers and producers who are not really new...just recycled from other soaps.  These people forget or don't know what makes the soap popular for decades.  So the first thing they do is shock and awe...kill one or two major characters. I don't think the show ever really recovered from killing off John; Brad's death was a huge mistake.  This usually results in bringing on a few new characters (which is not really a bad thing)...and integrating them into the rest of the cast. And that is another major problem.  The new writers don't really have good ideas on how to do that.  Take the new family.  I don't know what their names are...Ray?  If that is the actor who was interrogating Nick today then he is a great addition.  But aren't they adding an entire family to go with him?  Too much at one time.  

I understand the critical need for actors/actresses of color.  The show has done terribly by the Winters family...badly written and badly acted in some cases.  But they were a core family and could have done wonders with better storylines.  And they were always in their own bubble...this was insulting.  I loved Hilary....gorgeous and a bad girl with a somewhat warm heart.  And then poof! she is gone.  Lily is gone; Devon just wanders with next to nothing to do.  The idea of aging The Twins was terrrible.   I don't like any new family brought on en masse. They did that on GH years and years ago with Tony Geary playing someone else who had a sister who magically appeared and other relatives.  It was jarring and nothing anyone really wanted to watch on a daily basis.  I won't even go into Eileen Davidson leaving.  And what a huge miss the JT storyline was...it could have been must-see tv.

Is it any wonder soaps are dying?  Stale storylines and not following through on some of the better ones; over-exposing some actors (I think we all know who they are), and what would seem to be not having any respect for your viewers.  

• Love 22
2 hours ago, miamama said:

Also JM. He said he was ready to leave (bored etc) and then show created Dark Horse (lol) and new edgy Nick (more lol) so he stayed. Apparently Mal et al think he’s the bomb and worth working to keep.

You mean GT wanted to keep him and work with him? She admitted as much.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Thanks for the line valley! Just used it! 

I fired off a Feedback Too.

12 hours ago, bannana said:

And the thought of anyone doing it on the carpet of a hotel!  I won't even walk barefoot on a hotel carpet.  

Maybe they are going to do a Phylly gets Hep C story line, Or Athletes Butt-hole.

• Love 9