Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

Oh, so Ash and Matt were a thing!  That explains why on today's CDN, Ash says:

Spoiler

she will contact Matt, after he let GC Buzz know that the mystery man is Albert Miller.  Ash tells Abby they knew each other and she will reach out to him.

• Love 10

Bear with me, because there is a point to this post ...

Presenting a palate cleanser -- The best single one camera take in the history of movie musicals -- Judy Garland singing "The Man That Got Away" from "A Star Is Born" 1954

Julie Chen Signs Off ‘Big Brother’ With A Subtle Nod To Husband Les Moonves -- “From outside the Big Brother house … I’m Julie Chen Moonves,” she said, a departure from her usual sign-off.

You cannot defend the indefensible by misappropriating the stunning closing line of dialog from a superior movie script, Mrs. Moonves.

-- Originally: Hello, everybody. This is Mrs. Norman Maine.

It's best you slip on a designer life vest and let the tsunami of evidence sweep over your glass palace. This is just the beginning.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

And "an.......what??

it says...

Y&R is on the hunt for an actress to fill the role of Nora, who is described as “a woman in her mid-30s to early 40s” and “an uncommon beauty, more amplified by an inner fire and ambition.” The casting call also explains that the character “is not formally schooled in cosmetic skills,” but “her natural intelligence powers an instinct for knowing exactly what makes a woman look and feel great,” which is a strong indication Nora will be working at Jabot. The role is classified as a series regular with taping slated to begin on October 5

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, boes said:

it says...

Y&R is on the hunt for an actress to fill the role of Nora, who is described as “a woman in her mid-30s to early 40s” and “an uncommon beauty, more amplified by an inner fire and ambition.” The casting call also explains that the character “is not formally schooled in cosmetic skills,” but “her natural intelligence powers an instinct for knowing exactly what makes a woman look and feel great,” which is a strong indication Nora will be working at Jabot. The role is classified as a series regular with taping slated to begin on October 5

Sounds like Hilary sorta. MiM could have played that role to perfection. Maybe a little young though.

• Love 6

So two new female Jabot employees who are about the same age. That’s odd.

I wonder if JG is already changing things. Like who hires a former HW to be “temporary supervising producer” (which is a vague job and what Mal’s title was when he came on - a few months before he replaced JFP)???

This smells off.

In other words I wonder if that casting call is from a post-Mal regime.

Ratings are shit under Mal. No way is he controlling story as much he was at the start of his HW/EP gig. (I don’t mean he isn’t controlling what’s airing. I mean he isn’t controlling what is being written now.) TBH I think he may be HW in name only - like Pratt was for awhile. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Bear with me, because there is a point to this post ...

Presenting a palate cleanser -- The best single one camera take in the history of movie musicals -- Judy Garland singing "The Man That Got Away" from "A Star Is Born" 1954

Julie Chen Signs Off ‘Big Brother’ With A Subtle Nod To Husband Les Moonves -- “From outside the Big Brother house … I’m Julie Chen Moonves,” she said, a departure from her usual sign-off.

You cannot defend the indefensible by misappropriating the stunning closing line of dialog from a superior movie script, Mrs. Moonves.

-- Originally: Hello, everybody. This is Mrs. Norman Maine.

It's best you slip on a designer life vest and let the tsunami of evidence sweep over your glass palace. This is just the beginning.

DAMN IT! Video would not play for me. I'll try on another device. I normally don't watch Big Brother anymore but bet your boots I tuned in last night to see The Mrs. She looked pretty good considering the shit storm. I missed the beginning so I didn't hear the audience greet her but I stuck around for her to sign off as Julie Chen Mooves. I caught that shade. Interesting......

Show sure is bringing in Newbies on the heels of the exits. I can't get invested. I can't believe we got LLB Christine SANS her husband Paul in that janky ass courtroom. We had better sets in our basement. When we were 9!  

• Love 7

Dumb question but is Summer back permanently?  I thought it was just a summer thing while her real show was not in production.

Some weeks ago I wrote about how I thought show was well written et al.  Now I'm back to wtf is going on?  It all seems random and unfocused - if more character driven - I just don't really care about any of these characters. 

Another question, when does ED go?  Did she finish taping this month and so has six weeks?  I can't peg where her exit is.  

• Love 6

Remember when Hilary was all starstruck by Julie Chen a while back?  How funny would it be if MiM replaced the Chenbot now that The Only Reason Julie Chen had a job Two Jobs got shitcanned?  (Well, shitcanned with a $120 million golden parachute...I wish I could get fired like that.)

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Dumb question but is Summer back permanently?  I thought it was just a summer thing while her real show was not in production.

Some weeks ago I wrote about how I thought show was well written et al.  Now I'm back to wtf is going on?  It all seems random and unfocused - if more character driven - I just don't really care about any of these characters. 

Another question, when does ED go?  Did she finish taping this month and so has six weeks?  I can't peg where her exit is.  

I believe HK is going to do Y&R and Life in Pieces. So she’s here to stay.

ED said she’s out in September. Dunno if that’s taping or airing. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

Remember when Hilary was all starstruck by Julie Chen a while back?  How funny would it be if MiM replaced the Chenbot now that The Only Reason Julie Chen had a job Two Jobs got shitcanned?  (Well, shitcanned with a $120 million golden parachute...I wish I could get fired like that.)

That is a rather good fit. She DID run GC Buzz ! 

1 hour ago, miamama said:

I believe HK is going to do Y&R and Life in Pieces. So she’s here to stay.

ED said she’s out in September. Dunno if that’s taping or airing. 

Summer went from Dumber to Slutter . I wish Summer would just go.  

• Love 10

Rebecca Traister noted in a powerful piece in New York Magazine last year, our national narratives are still being shaped by lecherous, powerful men:

In hearing these individual tales, we’re not only learning about individual trespasses but for the first time getting a view of the matrix in which we’ve all been living: We see that the men who have had the power to abuse women’s bodies and psyches throughout their careers are in many cases also the ones in charge of our political and cultural stories.

The Latin origin of the word “matrix” roughly translates to “womb,” and in modern usage, it denotes a medium in which events take place, a space where development occurs. But there’s nothing nurturing about the misogyny matrix, in which abusers not only destroy individuals but serve as political and cultural gatekeepers.

That matrix, where all of us live right now, is poison to society, as is white supremacy. And we’ll never “rise up and live out the true meaning” of our republic's Constitution and Bill of Rights until both misogyny and white supremacy are defeated and no longer rewarded.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

"Anything is a dildo if you're brave enough."

-Abraham Lincoln

Thanks for the laugh

10 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Sounds like Hilary sorta. MiM could have played that role to perfection. Maybe a little young though.

Jack's new love? Hope jealous Phyl chews through the dumpster she and Butt end up living in.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Thanks for the laugh

Jack's new love? Hope jealous Phyl chews through the dumpster she and Butt end up living in.

If Mal is still in charge the new Jabot women will fight (Phyllis and dotter) for flat Buttbiscuit. If someone else is (JG) I agree the new hire may be for Jack.

• Love 7

Jack is a handsome, wealthy, intelligent man and one of the permanent elites of GC society. I think it's ridiculous that he's been made to live like a virtual monk. He should still be fighting the women off, especially ones in their 40s and 50s who probably have at least one or two marriages under their belt. AFAIC one of those new hires had better be for Jack. Throwing yet another wonan at that worthless moron Billy makes no sense to me.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 22

It would be so nice, for everybody, for Jack to date a woman vaguely his own age.  If they want a new family, why not a widow with kids?  For that matter, creepy factor notwithstanding (but father, son and brother wife swapping is classic (if creepy) Bell), why not Jack and Gloria?  PB could be allowed to over emote with other characters but J & G were quite funny together.  It worked.  

And of course you'd never want to keep something that works.

• Love 16

I think it was disgusting for show to have de-SORASED Phyllis after MS left. She’s a grandmother FFS. They put out a casting call for a woman 35-40 I recall. (And now Phyllis behaves as though she’s 25 but that’s another issue.)

Its shameful that JFP (a woman over 50 or 60? herself) did that. You actually have a character in her 50s on a show, with deep history and tied to a central character like Jack (who is in his 60s) and you just de-age her? Show can fuck off with that.

I’m not here for Jack and Gloria. She has insisted John is the love of her life. No way in hell would she and Jack be a romantic couple. I love their banter so friends sure. But lovers? ?

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, miamama said:

I think it was disgusting for show to have de-SORASED Phyllis after MS left. She’s a grandmother FFS. They put out a casting call for a woman 35-40 I recall. (And now Phyllis behaves as though she’s 25 but that’s another issue.)

Its shameful that JFP (a woman over 50 or 60? herself) did that. You actually have a character in her 50s on a show, with deep history and tied to a central character like Jack (who is in his 60s) and you just de-age her? Show can fuck off with that.

I’m not here for Jack and Gloria. She has insisted John is the love of her life. No way in hell would she and Jack be a romantic couple. I love their banter so friends sure. But lovers? ?

Yeah, I was gonna say...Phyllis was that person. And, honestly, I don’t care if they made the character younger because GT still looks like an older woman and someone closer to 50 than 30. My issue is catering to an actress who clearly believes her character should be linked romantically to a certain type.

• Love 15

Based on these ratings, I’m convinced Mal’s out but just HW/EP in name only. JG has got to be running things (with others?). Would be a good time for show to put a woman in charge tbh (if for optics if nothing else).

This way when they announce Mal’s firing they won’t lose even more viewers with a months and months long wait for regime change.

The unprecedentedly and consistently low ratings, the BTS crap, the disproportionate departures of women. I cannot conceive how this guy could still in be in charge.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Sake614 said:

Be careful what you wish for. They could hire Megan McTavish!

shush, shush, shush......don't speak of the abomination.....

that name should never be uttered.....gives me the willies and nightmares of ryan lavery eating amc...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Be careful what you wish for. They could hire Megan McTavish!

Lol yeah.

I have no illusions another HW can improve this show. I think it’s done (within 5 years tops I’d say). 

I just want to see that Philly-lusting hack  out on his ass.

And I think CBS should make an effort to promote women, particularly now. Maybe Sara Bibel could give it a go without Mal.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

It's EB walking into the CBS building narrating how emotional leaving is for her. She was 22 when she started and being there changed her life. She met her husband there. It's very sweet.

Thanks. Now I really want to see it. Maybe it will come up for me another time or on youtube.

• Love 4