Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, boes said:

I didn't think ED was being replaced, just that Ashley was disappearing.

That's what I thought, which (if true) is a shame, I think Ashley, as much of a pain in the ass she could be, is a necessary character, and I'll miss her.  Same with Hillary.  I wish it could be like the olden days when I was a kid and the detached voice would tell us that the role of (fill in the blank) is now being portrayed by (fill in the 2nd blank).

• Love 11
4 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

i am also of the opinion that nothing happened to hk....

i do however believe that things like his hubris and YUUUGE ego had everything to do with it...oh, and also he apparently said something to eb which he took exception to.....

Did you miss the cast clearly having her back on social media? Also you think having an ego alone is why he was fired?  This is why women don't like to speak up. People are so quick to discredit them.

Edited by In2You
10 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

His Insta is douche-worthy. If she were my daughter, I wouldn't be celebrating. 

Right???  I don't even know him & I don't like him LOL.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, In2You said:

Did you miss the cast clearly having her back on social media? Also you think having an ego alone is why he was fired?  This is why women don't like to speak up. People are so quick to discredit them.

never mind.

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 2

Oh Josh is definitely the new HW. This is how they always start it. Either he will work with Mal or Mal is out next. The entire show is a mess though so I’m not surprised. Josh Griffith left under such bad terms and was terrible here AND at DAYS when he left so of course they’d hire him!

The more troubling news is that they’re phasing our the Barber-Winters family and replacing them with the Rosales. Now it makes sense why they didn’t want to keep Hilary and for the record, Khalil was fired and won’t be seen. Let’s be real. TV Source also reported you won’t be seeing much of Devon and Neil and I imagine the rest of the  Ashby’s will likely be out as well. 

• Love 7

Honestly, if they were going to get rid of Cane, Lily, Maddie, Charlie & that baby they should have actually gone through with the plot of them going into hiding in Australia with the help of shady Colin.

Unless they actually want to keep Cane around but not the others (!?!?). 

Charlie and Maddie were actually growing on me, but they need Reed around in that age group too and they should have SORAS'd Faith last summer so they had an actual viable high school set of characters for a couple years.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, KnotsLanding said:

Josh Griffith left under such bad terms and was terrible here AND at DAYS when he left so of course they’d hire him!

Well, that was when JFP was queen of this show. It was reported that JG and JFP had "creative differences". What apparently happened was that she wanted certain things her way - mostly to boost her personal favorites (Dylan anyone?) and began to make changes to scripts, etc. I believe Griffith left in August of that first year he was HW and Co-EP, and it preceded changes BTS. It was not too long before we knew JFP wanted to bring in SB in a new role and get rid of BM and MM, though I believe they didn't exit for about another year. I've probably muffed the timing of this, but everything I've read about JG's exit was because JFP was pressuring him to take the show her way, so I maintain we don't really know what happened with him, but given JFP's predilection for sensationalism, I believe she was already trying to figure out a way to land Pratt, but it just didn't happen right away.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Well, that was when JFP was queen of this show. It was reported that JG and JFP had "creative differences". What apparently happened was that she wanted certain things her way - mostly to boost her personal favorites (Dylan anyone?)

Wasn't she the one who HK said was her "Second mom"?

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Wasn't she the one who HK said was her "Second mom"?

yes it was jfp who hk called her second mom...i think it was during her emmy speech.

LOL  and hollywood heights is also where she got ra and hk from too.

• Love 5

JG was just as awful when he returned to OLTL. Everyone had such high hopes for the show when he and Malone returned. Instead they completely trashed it.

is there really no new blood in soap writing? Why must they go back to the same well over and over again?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

JG was just as awful when he returned to OLTL. Everyone had such high hopes for the show when he and Malone returned. Instead they completely trashed it.

is there really no new blood in soap writing? Why must they go back to the same well over and over again?

At least Megan McTavish hasn't answered the call.

• Love 7

Are we just stuck with the Summer actress indefinitely now? Will she leave when she goes back to her Life in Pieces show or is that just wishful thinking? I find her annoying in so many ways, mainly just by looking at her.

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Are we just stuck with the Summer actress indefinitely now? Will she leave when she goes back to her Life in Pieces show or is that just wishful thinking? I find her annoying in so many ways, mainly just by looking at her.

Keep hope alive, Pickles!  I am.  She can stay on Jaboat till it sinks for all I care.

• Love 12

From the HighlightHollywood website......

‘The Young And The Restless,’ Sony To Be ROCKED By #MeToo Movement, Several Women Considering Lawsuits

August 29, 2018   Slideshow, TV

There’s a reason Steve Kent was gung-ho for the hiring of Jill Farren Phelps in the past, who was notorious in the Daytime television industry for standing up for men and devouring and destroying women, both on screen, off screen and behind-the-scenes. Now Mal Young is also being accused by several women behind-the-scenes of verbal abuse and other abuses.  And why would  this be okay at CBS’s number one daytime drama? It appears Sony’s Steve Kent, who helms the series and another daytime soap, is also possibly being targeted by several lawsuits by women who work for the soap.  For the past few years at the show, the women who work behind-the-scenes have allegedly been brought to tears, and it’s not just Steve Kent who is being accused, but sources at Sony and CBS tell Highlight Hollywood, “Mal is over his head in this position, and he is not easy to work with as well. And very abusive toward any female writers.”

The latest return of Josh Griffith to “Y&R” as a writer, is being hailed by insiders as a huge mistake.  Griffith famously has emotional meltdowns when under pressure, sources say. “He obviously knows something on Steve Kent, as he goes around like a merry-go-round back and forth to and from ‘Y&R’ like it’s a circus act,” a source close to Kent tells Highlight Hollywood. “Yes, Sony and CBS are aware that major lawsuits are being prepared in this town and they will be leveled at Steve [Kent] and Mal Young.  A very respected, honorable woman who has worked for the show for years is on her way out, and she is so emotionally traumatized by her alleged treatment, which included alleged sexual harassment as well as verbal abuse, that she feels she can no longer even work in the daytime industry anymore.”

In addition to that lady, a very respected female behind-the-scenes executive also left “Y&R” some time ago, and many around her say that the harassment of women at “Y&R” is really unbearable.  She worked for a longtime soap on the east coast for many years as well as other TV and stage projects, and she could not stand her treatment at the CBS soap any longer. And said it was nothing like her positive experience on the previous soap opera, where she worked for many years.

“A young girl was sexually harassed by an adult actor on the show [“Y&R”] and Steve Kent just did everything he could to cover it up, and protect the reputation of the show by pretending it didn’t happen. This young lady was talked out of filing a lawsuit and they just covered it up as if it didn’t happen,” a source at CBS who works for Les Moonves tells Highlight Hollywood. “What is very sad is that there are still men on the show doing this and getting away with it, because it is also happening at the top, so why wouldn’t anyone feel it’s perfectly acceptable to mistreat women.”Another Sony source said, “Victoria Rowell’s lawsuit rocked the studio and CBS as well as “Y&R.” “Vicki’s suit was something that had merit and they did everything they could to discredit her, make her look like a crazy woman. That’s how they see women here.  And it has affected everything at ‘Y&R,’ unlike ‘Days of Our Lives,’ which doesn’t put up with such behavior.  The differences between the two productions would blow your mind.  Mal [Young] is Steve’s boy, so he’s allowed to make women cry as well. They do everything from secretly taping writers to have dirt to use against them when they want to fire them, to using African Americans when they are in trouble with the NAACP,  to mistreating virtually every female behind-the-scenes at the show.  But, there are lawsuits coming, at least one to be filed in the next few months and from what I hear, more are coming.  The #MeToo moment is about to explode and it’s not just Les Moonves and Charlie Rose that are going to be exposed.”

A former Sony exec tells Highlight Hollywood, “Sony, and Steve [Kent] especially don’t like women and they target them for harassment.  It doesn’t matter who you are, as long as you are a woman here, Steve Kent will target you.  He will try to destroy your career and never give a second thought to it.”

“Sony has a notorious way of brow-beating women during negotiations, then putting the word out that they difficult and emotional.  Who wouldn’t be emotional to be targeted by powerful men at Sony and CBS? And then the soap media knows it is going on, but fears being blacklisted and unable to cover the shows, so they just ignore it, even though they know it’s happening.  They won’t be able to hide and pretend much longer,” a source in Steve Kent’s office tells us.

“Mal’s going to be sued directly in the coming weeks or months. The lady who works for him feels as if she has no alternative, after what she’s endured, she has documented and has witnesses and he wasn’t here long before he learned from Kent what is acceptable and how women can be targeted and treated differently,” a CBS source added.  “Josh Griffith is returning here because he knows where the bodies are buried. Steve Kent can’t stand him, but fears him. All of Kent and Mal Young’s male cronies are allowed to run roughshod all over the women at ‘Y&R’ and Sony and it’s about to come to an end.  People feel emboldened by the #MeToo movement and are not going to tolerate it anymore,” the source concluded.

“Steve Kent got great joy making women cry that work for him,” the second Sony source added.  And when they leave, he runs their reputations down  all over town so they cannot effectively find employment.  But people are tired now. You work in fear but so long. Bullies never know when to cease.  Eventually they are not scary anymore. What else can we lose? Steve Kent even hired his assistant to monitor and get dirt on women behind-the-scenes before he targeted and sometimes even firef them,” a Sony employee said.

It appears Genoa City is boring compared to what is being alleged that is going on at Sony and CBS.  Les Moonves may find himself off the hot seat in this #MeToo movement, but Shari Redstone is on his heels.  Will Gloria Allred and Lisa Bloom be the next powerful Los Angeles attorneys leveling charges against CBS and Sony’s bigwigs?  You heard it here, first.

• Love 23

Well, it certainly would give some credence to what was flying around on the internet a few years ago, and then she subsequently agreed with SK not to go public with it herself or file any lawsuit.  But the more troubling aspect of this involves HK herself, and the fact that she agreed to come back to the show and then let Mal Young write her character as a flagrant sexual aggressor. One of the things that was said in Garrett’s article is that SK would have his minions spike internet rumors and blackball actors and writers that he’d treated shabbily and then they left or were fired. This article didn’t say that the rumors spiked out there were all true. But when Jamey Giddens was on Daytime Confidential, he mentioned that sexual harassment had been going on on this show for a very long time. Maybe not back in Bell’s day, but certainly over the past thirty or more years (and there have been rumors that EB was one of those aggressors). And the article made it pretty damn clear that SK was probably involved himself in this crap.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 9

But the more troubling aspect of this involves HK herself, and the fact that she agreed to come back to the show and then let Mal Young write her character as a flagrant sexual aggressor.

This is an illustration on how brainwashed you can get when you're constantly intimidated at a young age before you learn to stand up for yourself. She should fire her agent. But I guess this is the kind of thing you can get coerced into when nobody is watching your back.

• Love 10

Interesting that they've named names. They probably wouldn't do that if they didn't have vetted sources.

Steve Kent just did everything he could to cover it up, and protect the reputation of the show by pretending it didn’t happen.

This I don't get. Angelica McDaniel allegedly leaked the story to TMZ via her husband who was a reporter there at the time. How did she not get fired? Maybe she knows too much dirt?

to using African Americans when they are in trouble with the NAACP

Yep, I've long believed KSJ has been used this way. There's been at least a couple of times where he's left himself looking foolish.

But the more troubling aspect of this involves HK herself, and the fact that she agreed to come back to the show and then let Mal Young write her character as a flagrant sexual aggressor.

I don't know about the "let" part but I have wondered if someone was using her to suggest that IRL she was the aggressor in whatever happened with MM. He must've taken the bait though, if that's how it happened. Whatever, she seems to have CBS permanently by the short hairs and now they're even giving one of her sisters a job.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Interesting that they've named names. They probably wouldn't do that if they didn't have vetted sources.

This I don't get. Angelica McDaniel allegedly leaked the story to TMZ via her husband who was a reporter there at the time. How did she not get fired? Maybe she knows too much dirt?

Yep, I've long believed KSJ has been used this way. There's been at least a couple of times where he's left himself looking foolish.

I don't know about the "let" part but I have wondered if someone was using her to suggest that IRL she was the aggressor in whatever happened with MM. He must've taken the bait though, if that's how it happened. Whatever, she seems to have CBS permanently by the short hairs and now they're even giving one of her sisters a job.

Her sister has had bigger roles then Life in Pieces. Neither of them need to use sexual harassment to secure a job with CBS.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, boes said:

Another Sony source said, “Victoria Rowell’s lawsuit rocked the studio and CBS as well as “Y&R.” “Vicki’s suit was something that had merit and they did everything they could to discredit her, make her look like a crazy woman.

6 hours ago, boes said:

They do everything from secretly taping writers to have dirt to use against them when they want to fire them, to using African Americans when they are in trouble with the NAACP

I can't help it, I like Victoria Rowell, so if this is all true, I hope it puts that Hollywood story that she's nuts to rest.  Those hypocrites in charge of the entertainment industry love to present themselves as socially tolerant & the truth is they are anything but.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Tippi said:

Good.  Maybe she and JT will ship out when/if Mal does.  They can all be cut adrift on Jaboat!

That would be great. So we lose the Winters, Ashley, the Ashbys, GT, JT, and Dummer goes back to Prime Time. Can we now have Glo, Reed, and Noah back? Oh and Detective Hardon would be nice too.

• Love 14
On 8/29/2018 at 4:41 PM, Toomuchsoap said:

Well, it certainly would give some credence to what was flying around on the internet a few years ago, and then she subsequently agreed with SK not to go public with it herself or file any lawsuit.  But the more troubling aspect of this involves HK herself, and the fact that she agreed to come back to the show and then let Mal Young write her character as a flagrant sexual aggressor. 

I don't think that an actress doing her job is more troubling than a young woman being sexually harassed by an older actor.

• Love 7