Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

That is the best autocorrect I’ve ever seen ?

Too funny! I didn’t even see it. That said, I don’t if I actually typed that or if autocorrect didn’t recognize Dru’s name. 

• Love 8

Mal sure enjoys praising himself, doesn't he?  His hearing must be acute to be able to pick up the sound of the one hand clapping, celebrating his losing the Show a million viewers.

What a guy, what a guy.

• Love 19
14 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Mal’s damage control = lying? How very....familiar.

He's so gross. LOVE that ED made sure to retweet her tweet and tag the official Y&R account.

Oh and Morrow saying the character of Adam prevented him from being "dark." WTF? Bill Bell wrote Nick to NOT BE DARK. Also any time show gave him material as a "tough guy" -- like when he turned his dad into the authorities, he proved he didn't have the acting range.

Why does this show bend over backwards for this lame ass actor? 

• Love 17

i think shick do get married cause in the above pic with mariah, sharon is wearing a dressing gown and has a shocked look on her face...

then there is the pic of her wearing a wedding gown...

LOL  unless she is going to bust nick at the wedding like she did when she busted him about his affair with phyl while wearing the exact same lingerie and in the same room has them.....i was so proud of her that day...

• Love 7

That was a major F U from Eileen Davidson.  Hilarious.  I realized the other day, I've stopped watching the show.  It's bored me out.  I am still PVR'ing and check here from time to time to see if there's anything to see.  But I basically record and delete.  Will be curious to see how they write out Ashley and want to know when Dina dies.  But other than that, I really don't care.  

Stay cool, all. 

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, boes said:

I don't want to be insensitive, but ........ is putting his dad's picture up on twitter really the way to go?  Is his father going to be okay about that?    My dad took a fall down the basement stairs when he was in latter 70's and looked like that.  He recovered from it.  I know my dad wouldn't have been, I know I wouldn't be.

Different world, I guess, different times.........

In any case, I hope he recovers. 

I agree about posting it to social media. I would never would have posted a pic like that of my Mom when she was ill. Some people don't seem to care or aren't thinking straight and post pictures of sick relatives for all to see. Part of me also wonders if he posted it to get sympathy in case his job status is in the air since CS is out. I know the last part probably sounds mean. I too hope his Dad recovers.

When DG was sick awhile back himself I remember seeing social media posts of his here and elsewhere that gave me the same sympathy seeking feeling.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, boes said:

I don't want to be insensitive, but ........ is putting his dad's picture up on twitter really the way to go?  Is his father going to be okay about that?    My dad took a fall down the basement stairs when he was in latter 70's and looked like that.  He recovered from it.  I know my dad wouldn't have been, I know I wouldn't be.

Different world, I guess, different times.........

In any case, I hope he recovers. 

When I saw it, @boes, I wanted to post the exact same thing. Why on earth would DG post this pic of his father?  So many things are wrong about this and it makes me question his motivation.

3 hours ago, Jaded said:

I agree about posting it to social media. I would never would have posted a pic like that of my Mom when she was ill. Some people don't seem to care or aren't thinking straight and post pictures of sick relatives for all to see. Part of me also wonders if he posted it to get sympathy in case his job status is in the air since CS is out. I know the last part probably sounds mean. I too hope his Dad recovers.

When DG was sick awhile back himself I remember seeing social media posts of his here and elsewhere that gave me the same sympathy seeking feeling.

@Jaded, I am wondering the same thing.  I just cannot imagine what is going through his head, when he makes the decision to post this pic.

• Love 18
16 hours ago, boes said:

Why isn't anyone stopping what Mal is doing??  The rating are shit, the fans are loudly complaining and even the (remaining) cast are starting to speak out.  

THIS. What is the deal? Is CBS too busy with bigger problems at the moment than to fire this guy? That's all I can guess. I figured he's bringing costs down by dumping vets but he's also hiring a lot of new actors so they have to be paid as well so it's beginning to even out. EB publicly appeals to management. ED gives them a FU. DD tells them he's treated like shit. MiM's manager outs the show re: negotiations. Mal proceeds to lie about all of this.

But above all THE RATINGS.

And DG, wow. I'm so with you guys. I would be HORRIFIED if a photo of me in hospital like that were put out for the world to see. DG's need for public attention is at seriously messed up levels. His poor dad.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 23

I was mortified for DG's father, but believe it or not, my friend posted a photo on FB of her dad in the hospital a few weeks ago. I couldn't believe she did that and can't believe DG did it either. I don't question his (or her) motives, but I can't imagine either parent is going to be pleased.

What's next? Posting photos of your parent in the coffin?

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Sake614 said:

What's next? Posting photos of your parent in the coffin?

One of my cousins posted pictures of our aunt lying in state on Facebook. I think he thought it would just show up in family members' feeds (which is bad enough), but the sharing settings were set to public. Horrifying.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

OMG! What is wrong with people???????

There are a lot of people that live their entire lives out loud on social media, so a photo like that is pretty standard behavior.

There may be personal or career reasons for the Instagram photo of his father in hospital, but in DGs case I wouldn't hazard a guess.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

We have photo albums from the 1870s-1930s with pictures of the dead laying in their coffins. It was a popular keepsake. Many of the photos were taken to mail to immediate family that lived too far away or couldn't afford to travel to the funeral.

Taken from life: The unsettling art of death photography

And the memorials made from the hair of the deceased - braided bracelets, necklaces, chains, shadow boxes with pictures of the deceased and hair woven into flowers in the frame.  I have a brooch from the 1870's, a picture of a family member's infant set behind glass in a gold surround.  The Victorians really got into that stuff.

Somehow, though, I don't picture DG in that vein.......

Edited by boes
  • Love 8
42 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

We have photo albums from the 1870s-1930s with pictures of the dead laying in their coffins. It was a popular keepsake. Many of the photos were taken to mail to immediate family that lived too far away or couldn't afford to travel to the funeral.

Taken from life: The unsettling art of death photography

I remember as a kid being completely creeped out by the photos of my dead grandparents (they were in Europe, we were in Canada) my parents showed us.  Way to bond!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, spinxella said:

OMG, someone who wrote while Pratt literally ruined AMC beyond repair?  

Never think it can't get worse.  Because I think it just did.

• Love 18