Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, boes said:

OMG, someone who wrote while Pratt literally ruined AMC beyond repair?  

Never think it can't get worse.  Because I think it just did.

Yeah, I think it just got a lot worse. Is this guy a friend of Mal's not to mention Pratt? I'm so sorry Y&R. It still hurts when I think what they did at the end of AMC.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, spinxella said:

Okay, maybe it's just me, but what really struck me about that first tweet from SoapDirt was the way they stated the "News:" New MALE Writer.

As if that's the his most important quality.

Ya' know. Because that's just what was missing from this misogynistic crapfest, a more MALE perspective.

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, granderobino said:

Because that's just what was missing from this misogynistic crapfest, a more MALE perspective.

I kind of took it as a sarcastic headline precisely because your point is likely shared by most viewers.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I kind of took it as a sarcastic headline precisely because your point is likely shared by most viewers.

Oh, I was not familiar with the site. I guess that proves the adage that sarcasm doesn't always translate in written form.

• Love 5
On 9/29/2018 at 4:42 PM, Big Blue Plate said:

I am still PVR'ing and check here from time to time to see if there's anything to see.  But I basically record and delete.  Will be curious to see how they write out Ashley and want to know when Dina dies.  But ot

That is me totally. I have 15 shows to watch right now and I just can't find the interest to watch.

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:00 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

We have photo albums from the 1870s-1930s with pictures of the dead laying in their coffins. It was a popular keepsake. Many of the photos were taken to mail to immediate family that lived too far away or couldn't afford to travel to the funeral.

Taken from life: The unsettling art of death photography

When my grandmother was alive, every year around October she would put out pictures of her deceased relatives on the mantle and light candles. One picture was of her mother (my great grandmother) lying in her coffin. I always found it so creepy. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

So in others words, GT was bored with JT and wanted to be free with JM? Did I interpret that correctly? 

Or she just wants to be the center of attention in these types of “hawt” stories with “hawt” actors.

• Love 17
27 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Or she just wants to be the center of attention in these types of “hawt” stories with “hawt” actors.

30 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

So in others words, GT was bored with JT and wanted to be free with JM? Did I interpret that correctly? 

i agree with patsy heatlifer...in gt's own words she was bitter she wasn't getting scenes with jm, whined to mal, and now she is....

also, jm knows who's the teachers pet and as usual is right there too..

• Love 8

I remember that the Staff loved working with JM, and now GT has that same demand. Weird, JM doesn’t strike me as any good at his job. I’ve never thought he’s a good scene partner. Why do these women think he’s so great? Whatever it it’s, it doesn’t translate onto my screen.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Tippi said:

What Gina wants, Gina gets!

Although, I must say, I'd rather watch her with anyone else on the show other than JT.  He is an automatic thud in any scene he is in.

I agree. It’s so weird because I really liked him on GH. I don’t get how he’s choosing to play Billy. And, of course, I miss Billy Miller.

• Love 15

Damn, it all continues to get worse in ways I hadn't even imagined.

Why do Showrunners not realize that over-exposing an actor, ANY actor, always backfires?  Mal having Gina Tognoni and Jason Thompson lead the show to extent they do damages not only the show but also the actors.

I thought JT was fine on GH and I thought GT had her moments on OLTL, and I thought GT had some good moments again when she first started on Y&R.  I thought JT was a disaster from Day 1.  But now and for quite some time, those two have worn out their welcome and are as grating and unpleasant to watch as Cam Mat and Rebecca Budig were on AMC.  

"Phyllis" doesn't need to be with Nick, she needs to be severely backburnered for at least 6 months.  And "Billy" needs to have a fatal accident and his remains cremated.

Those actors have long worn out their welcome and it's not good for the show OR them.

Edited by boes
  • Love 22

Also I found JM's comments about Gina and her comfort with her sexuality gross. What the hell does that mean?

I think he was shading a certain one of his co-stars, again, by comparison. I'm amazed the storyline has lasted this long since he was already on record for not ever wanting Nick to revisit that relationship. Looks like she'll probably be moving on to one of the newbies.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

i agree with patsy heatlifer...in gt's own words she was bitter she wasn't getting scenes with jm, whined to mal, and now she is....

also, jm knows who's the teachers pet and as usual is right there too..

Oh, she wanted to work with Josh, yes. But I don’t think it was because she was trying to get away from JT.

• Love 7

While I will probably tune in to watch Peter throw that chair it pisses me off that it will be about something ASHLEY did and not, you know, his cheating trash brother and wife.

Oh look at Gina and the shout out to her Philly stans. RME.

9 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Oh, she wanted to work with Josh, yes. But I don’t think it was because she was trying to get away from JT.

Currently Billy, Nick and Jack all want Phyllis to varying degrees. I'm sure Kyle will be on that butcher block with his middle aged former stepmommy soon. Who can resist her? And according to Josh, Gina is AWESOME at sex scenes.

• Love 20

Oh yeah, I’m always here for Jack putting a chair through a window. If only Billy was on the other side of that glass. Or replaced the chair. 

That GT interview is messed up. Like Philly are some normal, rootworthy couple instead of cheating trash or have normal problems instead of ones they cause with their own self-destructive, trash behavior. Lady, please.

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

That GT interview is messed up. Like Philly are some normal, rootworthy couple instead of cheating trash or have normal problems instead of ones they cause with their own self-destructive, trash behavior. Lady, please.

She only speaks to the Philly stans.

If Jack had been able to be petty (which he would be if written in character -- as @HeatLifer points out) then I would say this story arc is somewhat not bad. Philly crashed and burned for the same reason they began, they are cheating trash, and they topped the break up with a cherry in the form of inter-family sex, which they both find to be a turn on.

But no. Jack'll probably counsel them to get past their indiscretions and marry or better yet, Jack will take a reluctant Phyllis back while Philly eye fuck at Jabot for months (until they cheat again).

• Love 17
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I was more disturbed at how much we’re all supposed to be concerned that GT and JT won’t be working together much. Oh noes! 

• Love 22

Spec is that Ash set up the DNA tests to show Jack as not being an Abbott.  That would mean that she sent him down the path to self-destruct and succumb to his addiction to pills again.  So she was okay with that but is pissed at Kyle for leading Billy down the path to gambling?

Edited by bannana
  • Love 24
32 minutes ago, bannana said:

Spec is that Ash set up the DNA tests to show Jack as not being an Abbott.  That would mean that she sent him down the path to self-destruct and succumb to his addiction to pills again.  So she was okay with that but is pissed at Kyle for leading Billy down the path to gambling?

Yeah she saw Jack banged up from a car crash because he was so fucked up and she was ok with.

But poor Billy. 

• Love 17
On 10/4/2018 at 11:14 PM, miamama said:

GT and JT should not be the face of Y&R because long time viewers watch for a sense of nostalgia and connection to the show when it was good. IMO. So the old score and the old sets and yes the vets are what give us this feeling and draw us in emotionally (and allow us to ignore to a great degree the dreadful dreadful quality of the writing and stories). Soaps are shit. And they will not improve. All that is appealing is what connects us to the glory days. And for Y&R it is NOT these two newbie recasts (and on a 40+ year show they are NEWBIES).

Mal doesn't get that. He doesn't even get that he doesn't get that. He will keep trying to shove them forward as the heavy hitters. And the ratings will keep falling.

Also I found JM's comments about Gina and her comfort with her sexuality gross. What the hell does that mean? Jeezus.

Amen.  This, this, a thousand times, this.  Yes, yes, yes.

• Love 15
21 hours ago, bannana said:

Hey dropping by... surely though this is just really bad ret conning.  Did any expect ED to bail on the show?  No.  So they're coming up with what they think is a great shocking twist (and potentially an f u to ED for leaving, in the form of a really shit character move.)  I don't think they wrote this story with the idea Ashley did all this.  The scenes of her lying to her daughter back at the outset make the character close to irredeemable, don't they?  Then again, I haven't hardly watched for a long time.  Maybe this storyline was there all along.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Hey dropping by... surely though this is just really bad ret conning.  Did any expect ED to bail on the show?  No.  So they're coming up with what they think is a great shocking twist (and potentially an f u to ED for leaving, in the form of a really shit character move.)  I don't think they wrote this story with the idea Ashley did all this.  The scenes of her lying to her daughter back at the outset make the character close to irredeemable, don't they?  Then again, I haven't hardly watched for a long time.  Maybe this storyline was there all along.

Except it was just last week that Ash was berating Kyle for leading him into gambling.

I agree, it has to be a retcon.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, jewel21 said:

MTS looks so pretty in that picture. 

She does. And she also looks like she lost 10 to 20 pounds.

I haven't watched since the Victor stroke debacle but I've been doing some sewing recently and stream the show on my tablet while I'm working so I haven't seen MTS for a while. I was pleased to see her looking more fit and refreshed since I last saw her. I know some time ago she had some back or other issues which probably limited her mobility. It's doubtful, however, that I'll keep up with the show once I finish this project. Can't tolerate what's been done to it.

• Love 7
On 9/28/2018 at 10:34 PM, spinxella said:

86cqmJ.jpg

Ci3Cd9.jpg

They already had an heir apparent to Newman Enterprises, and that was one Victoria Newman. And she was once able to hold her own against the big boys.

If anything, a rivalry between her and Adam would have been interesting considering how far Adam got without the Newman name and she barely finished high school before getting a C-level position. 

Nick could've been the Tracy to their Jack and Ashley. The Newman's need one offspring that wasn't completely loathesome (his cheating notwithstanding). I'm guessing it was his request to have him be more hardcore after Bill Bell left and Lynn Marie Latham obliged. 

• Love 3
On 10/4/2018 at 5:07 PM, catalogrrr said:

I remember that the Staff loved working with JM, and now GT has that same demand. Weird, JM doesn’t strike me as any good at his job. I’ve never thought he’s a good scene partner. Why do these women think he’s so great?

Because being in a scene with JM could only make his scene partner look better :)

On 10/5/2018 at 10:10 AM, miamama said:

While I will probably tune in to watch Peter throw that chair it pisses me off that it will be about something ASHLEY did and not, you know, his cheating trash brother and wife.

I'm actually ok with this.  Ashley has been shown to be like a dog refusing to let go of a bone over wanting that damn CEO position, and it's rare that she isn't a cruel, conniving, condescending ass to "Jackie" (UGH I want to smack her when she calls him that!).

On 10/4/2018 at 10:37 PM, boes said:

I thought GT had her moments on OLTL, and I thought GT had some good moments again when she first started on Y&R.

I gave up on Guiding Light due to Reva overload & wasn't watching at the time, but I heard that GT was really good there.

• Love 8