Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Aw, c'mon fruit bats are cute. At least they're mammalian. She looks very reptilian. Like a gila monster or a monitor lizard.

That's true.  And I think they also eat flies.  Much like Der ButtBiscuit.....

But I still want to see her try to fly.  From as high up as is possible.  

• Love 10

I can see why Eric Braeden is upset. He doesn’t engage in the tired, cliched, fake whisper acting. He is a master thespian from the fake mumble acting school. There’s long been a schism between the two, going back to the time of Shakespeare. 

Hellisempty and allthedevilsarehere, yougotthat?  

Allthatglitters is notgold, k?

-Eric Braeden, from his performances of Shakespeare, 1612.

• Love 24
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I can see why Eric Braeden is upset. He doesn’t engage in the tired, cliched, fake whisper acting. He is a master thespian from the fake mumble acting school. There’s long been a schism between the two, going back to the time of Shakespeare. 

Hellisempty and allthedevilsarehere, yougotthat?  

Allthatglitters is notgold, k?

-Eric Braeden, from his performances of Shakespeare, 1612.

He truly is the Gabby Hayes of the modern age.

• Love 11

Just when I start to like Kyle he acts like a spoiled 5 year old. “What about me??!!” “What about Kyle and what happened to meeeee?!” I also hate how he curls his upper lip when he’s feeling so sorry for himself and so put upon by his awful family who have given him such a privileged life. BLECH.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Just when I start to like Kyle he acts like a spoiled 5 year old. “What about me??!!” “What about Kyle and what happened to meeeee?!” I also hate how he curls his upper lip when he’s feeling so sorry for himself and so put upon by his awful family who have given him such a privileged life. BLECH.

Yes, he gets very garden gnomeish at those times.  

Frankly, with what everyone else was going through yesterday, he's lucky he was able to get some sympathy out of Abby and Traci instead of a swift kick in the ass.  

Not your best look, Kyle.  Don't make us start calling you Vyle again.

1 hour ago, miamama said:

What fresh hell you guys?

Unless Phyllis has been demoted to being the Jabot seat warmer, the next time that chair gets tossed through a window, she better be in it.  If Phyllis is the next CEO, Jabot's board might want to be in talks with Sears about who they have handling their own "Going out of Business" sale.

And I don't want to hear ONE PERSON say "this is what John Abbott would have wanted."

• Love 22

Yes, Kyle was a bit of a whiny baby but I'll give him a pass because this nasty DNA stuff probably dredges up bad memories for him. I imagine somewhere deep inside he always felt like a disappointment to Diane because he wasn't Victor's son like she had intended. What's going on with now seems like him trying really hard to prove himself good enough (sure) to be Victor's kid. Too bad none of the Abbotts besides Jack and Dina have much time for him. And Dina barely has a clue that he's her grandson and not the pool boy.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

re phyl sitting in the ceo chair...

fuck you malodorous......

gt/phyl all the time and in every way

good lord....i just read a spoiler that says jack's plan backfires.....

i think i'll call the waaaaambulance cause it makes the picture make sense now...

fuck you mal

• Love 5

The only thing I get from this photo is the fact that Phyl's hair is darker. What does that signify? And that suit is about as conservative as anything she's worn since before Jack divorced her. What "plan" of Jack's backfired? I'm not getting this.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

The only thing I get from this photo is the fact that Phyl's hair is darker. What does that signify? And that suit is about as conservative as anything she's worn since before Jack divorced her. What "plan" of Jack's backfired? I'm not getting this.

It looks like she's sitting in the Jabot CEO chair in the office and the inference is, I think, that she's the new CEO of Jabot.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, boes said:

It looks like she's sitting in the Jabot CEO chair in the office and the inference is, I think, that she's the new CEO of Jabot.

How is that even possible? Also, what does Phyllis even know about Jabot? And in conclusion, fuck you Mal.

• Love 22

I have tuned back in lately just to see how Eileen Davidson's leaving would play out...and it hasn't disappointed.  The show seems to have momentum right now; so surely they will not put Phyllis in the CEO chair . It has been so nice to get a break from the Best Sexiest Couple Ever.  The show has featured the vets (including Sharon, Nicki and Victoria)...so please don't shoehorn Phyllis in to the Jabot storyline any more than she already is.  And how long does rehab last?  At least a month?  So surely Billy will be gone for at least another week or two.  Surely.

• Love 7

I see the photo as everyone else does, but how the hell would that happen? WHAT plan of Jack's backfired? He wasn't the one behind Kyle's and Summer's gambling plan with Billy. What other plan did he supposedly have? I've been watching - not paying rapt attention, mind you - but I thought Traci and the board convened and voted Ashley out.  Filming is about 3-4 weeks ahead of what we see, so it doesn't make sense unless there's something in that contrived and retconned hidden wall safe that precludes Jack from keeping that position (assuming he's named as Ash's replacement).

• Love 6

Maybe Fenmore’s stages some sort of coup? Lauren looks very smug in her super heels. Phyllis would then probably take charge of Jabot (I mean in GC lala land business).

I’m guessing Phyllis will be Billy’s boss so the romcom can continue. She confirmed they are still working together big time. 

• Love 7

WHAT plan of Jack's backfired?

Didn't he create the "blood Abbott" clause specifically to prevent Phyllis from getting control of Jabot when they were divorcing? Now that the clause has been overturned, that leaves an opening for Phyllis or pretty much anybody. Maybe the board decides Jabot needs to have a timeout from Abbott family internecine warfare and they hand over the reins to the one person Jack didn't want in the job. I don't see how she's qualified to run a major international company but after Billy's run in the job the bar has seemingly been lowered.

Did it seem like Billy expected to resume the CEO position? I know Traci was supposed to be temporary but was the understanding that the seat being saved for Billy? I'm confused.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Didn't he create the "blood Abbott" clause specifically to prevent Phyllis from getting control of Jabot when they were divorcing? Now that the clause has been overturned, that leaves an opening for Phyllis or pretty much anybody. Maybe the board decides Jabot needs to have a timeout from Abbott family internecine warfare and they hand over the reins to the one person Jack didn't want in the job. I don't see how she's qualified to run a major international company but after Billy's run in the job the bar has seemingly been lowered.

Did it seem like Billy expected to resume the CEO position? I know Traci was supposed to be temporary but was the understanding that the seat being saved for Billy? I'm confused.

No, the CEO job wasn't being saved for ButtBiscuit, but in his ego fever dream, he apparently thought it would be.

• Love 10
On 10/16/2018 at 12:32 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yes, Kyle was a bit of a whiny baby but I'll give him a pass because this nasty DNA stuff probably dredges up bad memories for him. I imagine somewhere deep inside he always felt like a disappointment to Diane because he wasn't Victor's son like she had intended. What's going on with now seems like him trying really hard to prove himself good enough (sure) to be Victor's kid. Too bad none of the Abbotts besides Jack and Dina have much time for him. And Dina barely has a clue that he's her grandson and not the pool boy.

Annnnd yet another missed opportunity of a story for Kyle. Nikki and Ashley are really the only reason why he's here as he's the 'wrong' kid that Diane was 'stuck' with due to the sperm sample switcheroo.  His cousin Abby was not only wanted, she has the paternity he was 'supposed to have' due to Ashley getting to Victor's sample before Diane did.  It wouldn't be unreasonable for Kyle to resent Ashley and Abby by extension and have issues with Jack even if he's a better dad than Victor. Funnily the best person to smack sense into Kyle would've been Adam as he could tell him that if he could've chosen a father, he couldn't have picked a better one than Jack. Trust me - being Victor Newman's kid is more a curse than a blessing. Kyle lucked out even if he doesn't realize it yet.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, spinxella said:

IfapJ0.jpg

? ? ? ?

Seriously?? How STUPID are these women??

"Hey, even though we are being watched, blackmailed & under suspicion for some connection to JT, how 'bout we gather together (cause everyone knows that we are such good pals) and go dig a nice hole where we buried JT to see if he's still there. And iI'm sure if 3 out of 4 of us wear black masks over our eyes, then no one will figure out who we are or why we all have shovels, right?!"

<facepalm>

• Love 16

Read comments below the post (Abhi’s replies to comments). He says there are sexual harassment allegations against the show runner). 

The show runner is Mal.

If you don’t have Instagram can you see comments? I’ll post screenshots.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 12

Oh Gina. She can't stop pimping Philly in this interview.

Speaking of Philly: "The good news is, maybe we’ll find our way back to one another.  She loved Billy very much.  That’s very much her soulmate.

lol.

Though it sounds like they are broken up.

• Love 14
42 minutes ago, miamama said:

Speaking of Philly: "The good news is, maybe we’ll find our way back to one another.  She loved Billy very much.  That’s very much her soulmate.

lol.

So Gina thinks that POS Billy is Phyllis' "soulmate"? Why? How? Is it because she thinks Phyllis is a POS, too? Did Mal tell her that Philly are soul mates?  

I need answers. 

Edited by ezzylin
  • Love 16

The more GT proclaims her storyline wishes the more I wonder why I thought she was all that on Guiding Light. I guess when you meet or read about a celebrity you are disappointed sometimes. 

• Love 9

But wait- there's more......

Where does Phyllis see Jack in all of this?  At times, in scenes, it looks like maybe she could rekindle her relationship with Jack.

GINA:  Here’s the thing … Jack represented wisdom to her.  Jack is the type of man that no woman should ever walk away from.   Phyllis screwed that up.  She also screwed up her relationship with Billy, but I actually think that Billy had a lot to do with that too.  They both have demons.  Billy and Jack are two great men that she has failed at.  How does she live with that much failure?  How does she see herself?  What does she do?  She can’t make Billy come back, and she can’t be forced to love him.  They’re both so hurt by all of this.

She thinks Billy, the charmless jackass is a great man? Gina, stop! Just stop!

Edited by ezzylin
  • Love 20

I know that soap actors and actresses are under a lot of pressure these days to try to keep this dying genre going (and it will die, people, do not mistake that). Overacting, sexing every damn thing up all day long, stomping around, slinging your arms around, throwing chairs through windows (although I did love that!) and all of the ridiculous shenanigans going on on this show and B&B (the only two I watch any more- I’m ashamed to say that). I am old and grew up watching soaps with my mom and sisters and later with my daughter. It’s time for us to let go of the past, I guess. In fact, I know it’s time after watching the Brooke/Ridge interactions the past few days and then today with Eric forcing Quinn to allow Pam/Charlie to have their wedding in the Forrester Mansion. Good Lord A Mercy.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I know that soap actors and actresses are under a lot of pressure these days to try to keep this dying genre going (and it will die, people, do not mistake that).    I am old and grew up watching soaps with my mom and sisters and later with my daughter.

I grew up watching soaps with my Mom, too, and then my kids. (I still remember Joanne Tate being trapped in that mine/tunnel(?) on Search for Tomorrow in the 50's.  I was so scared for her. It was so DARK in there!) 

Anyhoo...I have come to the conclusion recently that soaps have already died...at least soaps as we've known them for the past 50-60 years. It was great in the 70's & 80's when production values improved...they went from 15 minutes to 30, some went to 45 for a time & then eventually an hour (less commercial time of course- which has increased each year.)

I was mostly an ABC soap fan but would watch CBS ones with my Mom...never watched NBC's DOOL much but kept up with things through the soap mags (which was another boost for the shows back in the 80/90's). It makes me sad to see what they've become now...horrible writing, cheapening budgets and all too often pre-empted or chopped into by the latest big "news crises"....and yet, every time I hear someone say "Just cancel it" or "Soaps are dying"...it makes me sad. These people are like family...I've known them for generations...through good times & bad times & lots of crazy times. I doubt soaps will ever be what they once were...but I don't want them to be gone....guess I'm not ready to let them go. Bad as they sometimes are, ok, a lot of the times, I will really really miss them if they are gone...plus there wouldn't be everyone's witty posts here.

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, ezzylin said:

So Gina thinks that POS Billy is Phyllis' "soulmate"? Why? How? Is it because she thinks Phyllis is a POS, too? Did Mal tell her that Philly are soul mates?  

I need answers. 

I guess yeah. They get each other because they’re both impulsive self-destructive trash.

I just find it incredibly disrespectful to the decades of history these characters have (pre- Gina and Jason). 

She outed herself in the interview when she said WE DID THAT - speaking of Philly. Phick and Phack were MS and JM/PB. This is HER thing. 

Thankfully she’s not a writer and Mal will eventually be fired.

Soulmates my ass.

• Love 19
16 minutes ago, miamama said:

Thankfully she’s not a writer and Mal will eventually be fired.

I'm hoping for the day GT and JT also find themselves in the same situation.

GT has pimped this crap past any point of redemption for me.

• Love 17
7 hours ago, miamama said:

lol.

Also, her whole “Gina and Joshua never did this. Gina and Joshua....” Like, wtf. Stop with the third person.

And, still, she again makes this whole Philly break up about how much she gets to see Jason Thompson. Girl. He is married. Enough. 

• Love 14