Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Sake614 said:

THE LATEST

Y&R CASTING NEW ROLE

November 6, 2018 4:19PM

Look for a new character, tentatively named Timothy, to debut on Y&R in the very near future. The recurring character is described as a very good-looking “wannabe rock star dude who makes ends meet by waiting tables till he gets his break.” Strong vocal or instrumental skills were considered a huge plus in the casting call.

Why then did they get rid of Reed,  a legacy character? FFS Mal ?

• Love 14

Look for a new character, tentatively named Timothy, to debut on Y&R in the very near future. The recurring character is described as a very good-looking “wannabe rock star dude who makes ends meet by waiting tables till he gets his break.” Strong vocal or instrumental skills were considered a huge plus in the casting call.

This sounds basically like a male version of Tessa to me. Will Mariah date him too? Will he have a sibling who's caught up in human trafficking? Will Sharon give him a job at the coffeehouse? How quickly will Devon sign him to a recording contract?

Why then did they get rid of Reed,  a legacy character? FFS Mal

Right? But the Reed storylines were kind of limited by his age. If this Timothy guy is an adult he can get into more adult things. I just hope he doesn't turn out to be a long-lost Newman or Abbott.

• Love 6

so, tessa is the blackmailer?  my poor mariah..........

adolf newman looks ridiculous and what's up with his wtf look on his face.

crud....why do the writers always have to have sharon do something stupid or wrong in order to take the stink off of nick and whatever or whoever he is doing?

• Love 11
7 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

They spelled Nick and Sharon’s relationship was sacrificed (again) for Philly shenanigans wrong.

So Mal has not only made Phyllis and her fuckfest with Billy the centre of the show (it is still the centre of the show even while "over") but he has done it during November sweeps. Billy and Phyllis playing juvenile games with Nick and Sharon is the centrepiece of the biggest sweeps month of the year. And the show is letting Mal do this. The Abbotts big story with Ashley exiting was not deemed worthy of sweeps. Instead Phyllis, some nobody they hired to treat Jack and Kyle ABBOTT like shit (ie Kerry or whatever her name is) running Jabot in some embarrassingly misguided TimesUp effort *and* the disastrous tone deaf JT debacle (does anyone remember this began as a DV story?) are show's money stories???? wow.

I really don't get it. Really truly. All I can guess is TPTB have given up, don't give a shit, are busy with more important issues over at CBS and Sony, figure this show has maybe three to five years left anyways...I just don't know. Mal's a ratings and PR disaster and GT? My goodness. She's middle aged and makes weird faces, body contortions and frankly is quite bad at sex scenes and is -- even if you find her beautiful -- somewhat odd looking (meaning she's not your typical soap over the top beauty), but she's the only woman on show who has passionate sex scenes. I mean WTF? If you want to go no holds barred and just have sex in the afternoon she is who you do it with? lol. Why not go nuts with Kyle? Maybe save Lola for the sweet pairing they clearly are but let Kyle roll around with Summer or some other YOUNG woman? Goodness even JM has to suck it in when he's shirtless. And JT's body, um, lmao.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Did Billy ever find out that Vic was abused? Or is the character so far up Phyllis’ ass, thanks to the interference of Mal and GT?

Can you imagine Buttbiscuit going after JT? I can't, he's such a weasel he might sic Phyl on him but I don't think he'd have the balls to do a thing to JT.

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Can you imagine Buttbiscuit going after JT? I can't, he's such a weasel he might sic Phyl on him but I don't think he'd have the balls to do a thing to JT.

she'll use her blood Abbott claws

• Love 9
1 hour ago, miamama said:

Rey's estranged wife is a 25 year old. That actor has got to be mid-40s. Why cast such a young woman as his wife?

Everything I've found online says he's 37 in real life. I thought he was in his 40's too going by his looks. I'm guessing his character is supposed to be older. One never knows though with MY running the show.

• Love 9

Sharon already did the rebound relationship with the other spurned partner from Phick 1.0, she doesn't need to do it again with Billy after Phick 2.0. First , she's better than that. Second, Jack is Jack and Billy is, well, Billy. Thirdly, between Rey and Billy for rebounding, I'd choose Rey as the lesser of two evils. And oddly as selfish as Nick can be, Billy is loooooads more selfish and self-destructive and has no problem with anyone caught up getting caught up in the circling drain of poop that is his life.  

• Love 11
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:55 PM, FairyDusted said:

EB is such a fucktard. Wait till SHOW fucks him over. And they will.

Oh, BOY I am living for that day! I mean, with the last day-one veteran being shown the door, Eileen Davidson's departure and CK being forced to quit (??? I think ???), and now Nick becoming the badass and Billy being the Steven Burton to Mal's Jill Phelps, surely his day of reckoning can't be far behind. They already cleared his long-standing office set.

Under normal circumstances I would feel some bit of sympathy, even if I didn't care for the character much (IE, the Winters family in general and even for CK whose Lily I never enjoyed) but with all the shit EB has pulled over the years and dictating stories revolve around him (most notoriously the Shictor debacle that finally got MAB her walking papers while having personally quelled the planned Jack/Victoria romance planned after AH was first cast)...yeah, no. It's what he deserves.

• Love 11
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:23 AM, miamama said:

It's so disgusting. I get Hollywood is all about women being pushed aside once they are deemed "old" but soaps were always different. There was room for older women in multi-generational storytelling. Kay Chancellor, when this show debuted, was a middle aged drunk with wrinkles and and to this day remains one of the best roles for a 40something woman on television.

Yep! And you had Susan Flannery as a force of nature who drove stories up until the time she left B&B, and Darlene Conley who breathed life into Sally Spectra and from one account I read, Helen Wagner from ATWT filmed what ended up being her last scenes with Terri Conn less than a week before she died and was complaining about wanting more to do that to pop up once every 6 months to give advice. And she was I think in her 90s by then! And we all know the story about Anna Lee...

Initially, when Orange Is the New Black first premiered, people were heaping praise for being the first show to cast women of diverse builds and sizes and in the most recent season following a shift in location to max security, a lack of makeup. And that's honestly great that any show is doing that, but soaps were already that decades ago.

• Love 12

Tracey was on The Talk today? I haven't watched today's stuff yet but OMG these fires. I feel terrible for Tracey and everyone who have lost family and homes in this tragedy. It really is scary and sad. This is soooo bad I can't even comment on the shows.

To our California PTV'ers My heart and prayers are with you during this awful time. Like we need MORE stuff going on. Stay safe!  

• Love 14

DD really needs to stop engaging these people. I don’t even understand his point. Is there more to it Other than people complaining that KSJ is getting the shaft and compare it to Davidson?

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I don't either.  What does "I'm in the thread and have never been on your timeline" even mean?

14 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

IKR?

Is it sort of the old horror trope where the person answers the phone and the crazy guy with the knife is on the other end of the phone and says, "I'm in the house"??

I KNEW those tightpockets would drive him Mad.....Mad, I tell, you.......MAD!!!!!

Edited by boes
  • Love 13

What does "I'm in the thread and have never been on your timeline" even mean?

For some reason someone tweeted the thread at him, calling the apparent dumb speculation about KSJ to his attention. He was reminding the people in that thread that he was seeing the conversation even though he'd never tweeted at or followed any of them (and therefore probably wouldn't have otherwise noticed what they were saying). It's kind of like when you're in the ladies room talking ish about somebody and then they walk out of one of the stalls. You look dumb because you didn't do the occupied stall shoe check before you starting running your mouth. If you're going to talk b.s. about somebody, maybe don't do in front of them or other people who might know better?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 7
46 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

For some reason someone tweeted the thread at him, calling the apparent dumb speculation about KSJ to his attention. He was reminding the people in that thread that he was seeing the conversation even though he'd never tweeted at or followed any of them (and therefore probably wouldn't have otherwise noticed what they were saying). It's kind of like when you're in the ladies room talking ish about somebody and then they walk out of one of the stalls. You look dumb because you didn't do the occupied stall shoe check before you starting running your month. If you're going to talk b.s. about somebody, maybe don't do in front of them or other people who might know better?

Got it.  Twitter is probably...no, definitely...the one social media platform I do not understand at all.  Following all those @s in replies and tweets and retweets makes my head hurt.

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Got it.  Twitter is probably...no, definitely...the one social media platform I do not understand at all.  Following all those @s in replies and tweets and retweets makes my head hurt.

I'm with you.  I still don't know what the hell a hashtag is or what it does, if anything.  

And I'm fine with that.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, spinxella said:

Interesting story about Joshua Morrow's agent/manager Marv Dauer and his involvement with Les Moonves at CBS.

lbuAnl.jpg

wJCA7I.jpg

I just read this yesterday. And now JM's new hustle makes perfect sense. I wonder if he knew he was gonna be outed this way in this article? I'm thinking maybe not because he didn't put out any kind of statement regarding the story. Is he the only YR actor to get a face-to-face with Les? If so, I'm thinking it's gonna be awkward in the makeup trailer....

• Love 15