Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, Lithogirl said:

Lol I’m wondering is he reps the Rosales actors.

No, Rosales are Angelica's pet project.  They're somewhat named after her family, Rosas is close enough to Rosales. And one character is named for her daughter, Mia. This is no coincidence. 

• Love 6

This gets more and more disgusting. I read yesterday that Julie Chen Moonves (whom I’ve always detested) is returning to Big Brother. That’s also a show with no redeeming value. This does seem to explain the push for Joshua Morrow, his expanded role, his new offices, his new house, his puke-inducing romp with Phyllis, etc. That took a lot of us by surprise and mayhaps this explains it. 

• Love 12

I was just looking at Hunter King’s Instagram, and apparently her doggo died in October 😢 She posted lots of sweet pics. Then, a couple of weeks after that post, she posted a video of herself bottle-feeding tiny kittens at an animal shelter in Los Angeles. So no matter how useless I find HK’s character, I have a soft spot for her now ❤️

• Love 15

Wow lesbian bed death already for Tessa and Mariah? boo!

You know, I think Mooves is a complete pig and JM's agent seems shady but it's simply not fair to say the character of Nicholas Newman was a supporting player at best all these years. JM deservedly or not has always got the a-list treatment on the show in terms of billing, publicity photos, etc no matter now much his actual story ebbs and flows. There's nothing "new" about that aside from the sets...even the writing (Nick is a big BUSINESSMAN like his Dad! No, he just wants to be a bartending Dad!) has gone back and forth a million times. 

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

Wut? 

I'm off to see if it's on line somewhere. I saw it on CBS this evening. That bit really stuck out to me! What a scum bucket! Jules HAS to be livid as fuck. Can you imagine..."Hey Son, wanna trade iPads?" What a guy!

ETA: Yup....It's the first hit when I put him in my search engine. CBS, Today show has a video as does CNBC.

more accusers, destroying evidence ....   

Edited by FairyDusted
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

No sarcasm here, I just don't know these people by their first names and I have no idea who Charlie is.

LOL I was wondering why they were discussing Lily's kid's iPad on national news :)

• Love 6

I never watched the soap that Micheal and Amelia were originally on. So I first found out about him when news broke of him being in a relationship with Jessica Alba when they were both doing the TV show Dark Angel. I only watched that show occasionally. His relationship with her squicked me out even back then since she was 18 when it started and he was 31. She's said she lost her virginity to him too. He proposed to Jessica on her 20th birthday. She's been quoted as saying ""I don't know [why I got engaged]. I was a virgin. He was 12 years older than me. I thought he knew better. My parents weren't happy. They're really religious. They believe God wouldn't allow the Bible to be written if it wasn't what they are supposed to believe. I'm completely different." about the relationship.

• Love 4

Sweet Jesus...I am not on Twitter. But.  Sweet Jesus.  lol   Poking the bear.  Feelings on new cast members run high on all sides; I don't see how fighting or engaging on Twitter can turn out well for anyone.  But I must say, reading all of those comments was entertaining and eye-opening.  People take their soaps very seriously.  All soaps need infusions of new blood; the jury is still out on whether or not it is a good idea to bring a lot of new actors on board in what seems to be a short time.  Then again, I don't get paid to cast/write for a soap opera.  But I have a feeling a lot of people on this board could do a credible job of writing; they know the history, know the actors and know what does and doesn't work.  And they aren't interested in shock and awe.

• Love 10

I don't hate the Rosalies but I think they added to many family members too fast without establishing Arturo as much of a character beforehand. With the Winters family being in shambles it's not necessarily a bad thing to make the show more diverse. I like Lola the best out of all of them as I know others here do too. They should have kept Doug Davidson on as recurring at the very least because Rey Rey seeming to be in charge at the police station now with nobody to report to isn't very believable or entertaining. Sadly I think the Neil Winters character kind of needed a rest after the horrible way they've written him over the years especially since the whole Neil/Devon/Hilary debacle. 

• Love 13

Oh my. 

EB needs to stay the fuck away from Twitter, but his giant ego won't let him. Plus, he's too easily triggered.  I completely understand his response after he was accused of agreeing with a racist, but I think that people were looking at what "Nadya" tweeted and EB's response to it. What she posted about the "Rosales" family was gross, but not shocking if you read through her Twitter account -it's filled with some really ignorant and cringeworthy shit.

• Love 13
45 minutes ago, ezzylin said:

I completely understand his response after he was accused of agreeing with a racist, but I think that people were looking at what "Nadya" tweeted and EB's response to it. What she posted about the "Rosales" family was gross, but not shocking if you read through her Twitter account -it's filled with some really ignorant and cringeworthy shit.

I read through that Twitter account too and felt the same way. I agree with the consensus that EB needs to step away from Twitter too.

• Love 4

IIRC, EB, whilst playing Victor Newman, early on dissed the new character of Rey.  That's where we got Rey Rey from.  Also, he did the same on Twitter, as himself, saying something like, who is Rey?  JV was very classy in response.

The Show needs new characters and storylines.  This is the ebb and flow of soaps.  I like the new characters when it makes sense.  I like the Rosales family, even if it seems they were injected a little too quickly.  What EB is protesting is the dismissal of vets, and he is correct.  There was no reason to get rid of Paul.  And no reason to get rid of Glo and replace her with Ted.  Yes, Ted is an okay character, pretty good actually, but we shouldn't have lost Glo in the process.

• Love 18
8 hours ago, bannana said:

IIRC, EB, whilst playing Victor Newman, early on dissed the new character of Rey.  That's where we got Rey Rey from.  Also, he did the same on Twitter, as himself, saying something like, who is Rey?  JV was very classy in response.

He certainly did. I winced when I read his comments. It's one thing to criticize a showrunner for ditching a longtime actor like Doug Davidson (and for that matter, Eileen D. simultaneously!), but to point out the new guy's entrance (Rey) as being the problem, which he pretty much did, was unprofessional and terribly unfair. It opened the flood gates for others to pile on, which of course they did. I agree with most of what EB was saying, but he ought to stay off Twitter, because he can't control his temper.

• Love 10

Oh I can't help it I love EB on Twitter! I love watching the shit-show and the caps and extra exclamation points. You can just hear TGVN's voice!

I still remember when he called a fan an "ignorant bitch" on there a few years ago.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 10