Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

why someone who spent a major time of her life in gay paree sounded like a valley girl...

No kidding. I never understood why they didn't give her stage direction to stop talking like that. Where would Lily have gotten it from? Certainly not from Dru, nor Neil the Stanford MBA. And none of her fellow characters in her age group talked like that. But I guess if you combine it with her dressing like a sugarbaby despite having kids in high school it seems like it was somebody's way of making Lily seem younger. Guess her marrying a cradle-robbing vampire who'd probably seen the turn of several millennia wasn't enough.

• Love 12

I’ve never understood the way Lily dressed. Clothes too tight, too short, too low cut, too just everything. She’s not ancient but she wasn’t a hooker in NYC either. Although she often looked like it. 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I’ve never understood the way Lily dressed. Clothes too tight, too short, too low cut, too just everything. She’s not ancient but she wasn’t a hooker in NYC either. Although she often looked like it. 

shoulda been lauren or phyl's  dotter cause dru never dressed like that.

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 4

Hi not sure if this link will work but thought I'd try because you all might get a kick out of it. Apologies if this should go in Small Talk, but I think it does qualify as "backstage" because JW does really imply here that Y&R is not her "day job" anymore. And yes I'm the "Jason"--this was a little cute surprise for me over the weekend,.

https://www.cameo.com/v/9WLOxjHsD

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 15
16 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

Hi not sure if this link will work but thought I'd try because you all might get a kick out of it. Apologies if this should go in Small Talk, but I think it does qualify as "backstage" because JW does really imply here that Y&R is not her "day job" anymore. And yes I'm the "Jason"--this was a little cute surprise for me over the weekend,.

That's so nice, JasonCC!

• Love 11

Is DG driving a right-hand drive car in LA while chatting in that video spinxella posted?  Or is he a passenger while "driving" with one arm up at steering-wheel height and looking up and around like people do when driving?  Or does he mirror his video images to avoid getting arrested for distracted driving?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, JasonCC said:

That’s terrific! Way to go 😁

• Love 9
5 hours ago, JasonCC said:

That is so cool, JasonCC!!!

• Love 11

It is very enlightening. 

I’m far more intrigued about BTS shenanigans than show.

So the rumours that Mal was doing his utmost to push out EB were true.

And I totally agree @valleycliffe, I expect the new team to significantly scale back The Gina Hour. I still cannot believe Phyllis runs Jabot??!!??!!

• Love 13

I thought the current ranch set emerged from the JFP era when Sharon burned it down during a bipolar episode.

I did notice a reduction in EB's airtime but as far as I was concerned, it was a welcome one - the character is too damaged (from previous headwriters' tenures) to be a viable lead, much less romancing women a quarter his age. And it's not like Mal didn't let him play the hero and 'rescue' Nikki, or broke them up.

Doug Davidson has a valid reason to complain - EB, not so much.

I think Mal's biggest problem was he failed to adapt to American audiences and placed his bet on the wrong two horses (JT and GT as Billy & Phyllis).

• Love 8

The character of Victor is a mess for sure but I get EB’s point (buried beneath his ego). The bigger issue was Mal’s attitude towards the show as a whole. He had no respect for history, character and vets. He just made up a new show using Y&R character names and the Y&R brand.

Billy and Phyllis were two people who had nothing to do with the characters Bell created. They were GT and JT in a romcom. Jack was neutered. Nick and Phyllis suddenly replaced Victor and Nikki as the new dark “power couple.”

I mean change it up by all means because the vets are all old now but none of this was *earned*. Mal just pretended 40+ years of foundation meant nothing.  And the Rosales family suddenly eating up the show? Yikes.

• Love 21
On 1/17/2019 at 2:31 PM, spinxella said:

sEPeyB.jpg

This is maybe the worst picture of The Four that could possibly have been taken.  Victoria looks like she is posing for a hostage video; Billy looks older and crankier; not even Lily looks all that good.  But Cane takes the cake...he looks even creepier than he does on the show.  Where is his hand?  On Lily's hip?  Stomach? Abdomen?  It is hard to tell.

• Love 10

Looks like bad Photoshop to me. I doubt any of the four were in the same area code when that photo was put together. What I don't get is why that magazine is dated in February. Cane already told Lily dirt on her husband and Victoria. Not much breaking news there except perhaps for fans who live outside the US or Canada and can't watch the show in current time.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, spinxella said:

LMAO @ "The Brit".

I have to say Victor has always gotten on my last nerve, and EB can be so arrogant but his tweets are amusing. The German versus the Brit. WWIII. Trying to liberate logical soap storylines. 

• Love 14

It's funny because I just saw him on the Thursday or Friday episode where Neil reamed out Caine. It was a really good scene between Neil, Devon & Caine. I know he was having issues and had come back after being away for a while. I'm guessing these scenes were done just a few weeks ago. Such a shame.

• Love 21

This is just so terrible. I remember thinking his scenes with Devon when he came back from sabbatical were just so good/engaging and thinking he probably is drawing from the well of (I hoped at the time) lessening pain from his loss.

• Love 23
6 hours ago, Syndicate said:

I'm absolutely flabbergasted about Kristoff St. John. On a shallow note? All that gorgeousness GONE, just like that. SMH! Um, any word on how he died? I'm hoping it's not what my mind is thinking. Sigh!

It's sounding like it was what most of us are probably thinking. I'm also wondering if the extra time on his hands due to Mal's treatment of vets gave him too much time to dwell on things. Not saying it's Mal's fault. Just wondering if not having work to do contributed to his situation. I know he was having issues in 2017 that were related to his son's traumatic death too though. As others have mentioned KSJ always seemed like a really kind person in interviews on screen, in print and in other appearances on TV over the years. I just remembered he got engaged not long ago too.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 20