Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

On 12/22/2018 at 11:30 AM, miamama said:

How do you cheer for Philly when Billy hate fucked Phyllis’s kid for revenge?????

These stans are crazy. All they want to see is two actors pseudo fuck. They do not give a shit about story.

I wish DianneK and the rest of them would get laid or something. 

As for Gina continuing to pimp Philly (once again while show is trying to sell other pairings for the characters - Villy, Phick) maybe she too wants to pseudo fuck JT. 

Although forget maybe - that’s just plain obvious now.

I liked Philly in the beginning but they got gag worthy later on.. too much is never a good thing and you are right.. there is no way as a Phyllis fan I ever want her back with the pig that fucked her daughter as revenge. Fuck that.. how gross.

• Love 6
On 12/22/2018 at 7:30 AM, miamama said:

As for Gina continuing to pimp Philly (once again while show is trying to sell other pairings for the characters - Villy, Phick)

This has bothered me about GT for some time, and I keep thinking of the inappropriateness of it and how it could alienate her other male co-workers, not to mention fans. Doesn't she realize there are fans who don't prefer Philly? But she's so all-in on this, promoting it over everything, even while her character is now involved with Nick. It just seems unprofessional to me.

I'm relieved there's a new regime.

Edited by APSimpson
Added "GT" to clarify I was referring to the actress
  • Love 15

While I wouldn't mind seeing Gloria return (but not if that means the loss of Ted; he's fun) I wouldn't want her paired with Jack again. I do think Jack should be coupled with a woman closer to his own age but how about getting him someone who hasn't already slept with his father, his brother, or Victor? In that respect Kerry is refreshing to me but she's too young and whole thing is too rushed in way that doesn't make sense for a woman who could likely have her choice of men. I suspect she's going to end up with Nate sooner or later but if Hilary does return (Hevon stans and their, er, wishful thinking) then all bets are off.

To an extent I get GT's seeming desperation to have Phyllis in a high-profile relationship with one of the lead male characters. It helps to keep her character visible and relevant. Once Phyllis gets backburnered she's probably closer to getting pushed out the door. Odds are GT won't be getting another lead role on one of the other soaps and she's aging out of lead roles in primetime. This is kind of her last stand.

• Love 12

Odds are GT won't be getting another lead role on one of the other soaps and she's aging out of lead roles in primetime. This is kind of her last stand.

I know what you're saying, but I don't know that this is entirely the case. Sela Ward and Marcia Gay Harden are a couple of examples of women over forty (along with Tea Leoni and Mariska Hargetay), who have had primetime gigs recently. There are now so many avenues for film and television actors with all the non-network and cable producers, like Netflix, Amazon, Audience, etc., and, sure, they're not really portraying the romantic leads of the shows, but the roles are/were meaningful.

• Love 6

JT was so freaking contradictory in this interview. “I think Philly can get past anything because it’s a soap and I need to work with GT but Villy need a well-thought out story that takes an eternity to develop because that just wouldn’t make sense.” Shut up. Hang out with GT on your own time and  spare us. Your 8 Philly fans can deal.

Also, I wish I could have seen the look on GT/JT’s faces when Mal was let go, lol.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 10

Daniel G needs to join Lily and leave forever.  And to me, there is no way that Billy and Phyllis should ever get back together.  Having sex with her (admittedly horrible) daughter would be a deal breaker under ANY circumstances; it's an insult to women and I would think in this day and age, network execs would shy away from anything like that.  Wait, that's crazy talk.

• Love 19

Phyllis makes a “bold move?” Being a classless ass isn’t bold, it’s just typical, everyday Phyllis. Young doesn’t go out with a bang, but a long, greasy fart. 

If one Phyllis isn’t enough, and it obviously is, there’s Mia. I kinda wish Phyllis and Mia would fight over Nick. Talk about hitting the fast forward jackpot!

• Love 20
On 12/24/2018 at 8:46 PM, jewel21 said:

It's funny how when Mal was hired, I had such high hopes and was excited. Fast-forward and suddenly I couldn't wait for him to get fired. I hope this new regime is better but I think I've lost all hope. They need to find a balance between plot (which I like) and characterization without it being boring. Sally's regime was kind of dull.

I just heard the good news and...yeah, I feel you. The ball's been yanked from under my feet one too many times. As long as Not Billy's screentime gets way reduced and no one even thinks of making Sharon the town looney yet again, I'll consider that a win.

Also, is Lily gone, ooooooor...?

I can't miss her if she's the new fucking Cassie!

• Love 6
18 hours ago, boes said:

It's so weird listening to him read letters that are mainly praising him and what a helluva guy he and his character are.

And all he’s saying is ‘how nice’ and ‘thats Very sweet of you to say.’  I mean, I’m not sure what else there is to say but it’s strange.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, jewel21 said:

The actor playing Kerri was also in a commercial while I was watching show the other day. I can't recall what the commercial was for, though... 

29 minutes ago, Gloriole33 said:

Aflac

6 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Gesundheit.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  Peacheslatour, that deserves a drum roll!!!

• Love 14

I was watching the Sopranos this week since HBO was showing it for their 20th anniversary and who should show up on one of the episodes as an insurance adjuster but Phyllis !!

She was trying to get Tony to leave the hospital...

..in his frustration, he called her a stupid c-u-...... well, you get the idea.....

....sorry to be crude but she is what she is 😱😱

Edited by SiouxB
  • Love 7

I also did the Sopranos marathon this week.  GT was one of six regular Guiding Light cast members who appeared in either recurrent or guest roles.  The second AC Mallet was Carm and Ade's tennis instructor.  Johnny Sack's daughter, Allegra, was an alum, as was the actress Paula Garces, who befriended the Finn character at the construction site.  And, of course, Saundra Santiago and Robert Lupone played the Cuzimanos who lived next door to the Sopranos.  She was Carmen Santos and he was Leo, Roger Thorpe's henchman.  Did I miss anyone?

• Love 5
On 2018-12-21 at 10:24 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I suspect DK is either a relative or personal friend of GT, or she works for the people who manage GT's career. Something seemed deliberately crafted about those tweets to me.

DianneK is a personal friend of Jason Thompson. She used to help organize/run GH conventions and got to know him. I think he gives her BTS info. JT had to tell her to calm down when she went off the deep end about Villy a few weeks ago. 

• Love 5

nq2sNu.jpg&key=c668be38fe12d775ada62f041

Is this specifically about Y&R or could it be any of the four soaps? If it's about Y&R, I'm gonna guess:

1. the actor who plays Nate. I would've said the guy playing Rey but he's been on several soaps and I think he could also be called "seasoned".
  2. the actor who plays Rey. I would've said JT but it appears he hasn't won an Emmy despite being nominated more than once.
  3. I sure hope this isn't one of the actors playing Kyle and Lola. Let's see: Nick & Phyllis? Nikki & Victor? Jack & Kerry? (meh, don't know how popular they are) Billy & Victoria? Cane & Lily? Hmm.

On thing I'll say for DG, the guy has zero shame. There doesn't seem to be any bottom to how low he'll grovel to keep his job. Given the state of the daytime soaps, he might have the right idea.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, FireSpark said:

DianneK is a personal friend of Jason Thompson. She used to help organize/run GH conventions and got to know him. I think he gives her BTS info. JT had to tell her to calm down when she went off the deep end about Villy a few weeks ago. 

Well, isn’t that interesting. All that chick does is constantly tweet JT/GT/CBS/TPTB on behalf of Philly. And JT knows her and knows this? Hmm.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Is this specifically about Y&R or could it be any of the four soaps? If it's about Y&R, I'm gonna guess:

1. the actor who plays Nate. I would've said the guy playing Rey but he's been on several soaps and I think he could also be called "seasoned".
  2. the actor who plays Rey. I would've said JT but it appears he hasn't won an Emmy despite being nominated more than once.
  3. I sure hope this isn't one of the actors playing Kyle and Lola. Let's see: Nick & Phyllis? Nikki & Victor? Jack & Kerry? (meh, don't know how popular they are) Billy & Victoria? Cane & Lily? Hmm.

On thing I'll say for DG, the guy has zero shame. There doesn't seem to be any bottom to how low he'll grovel to keep his job. Given the state of the daytime soaps, he might have the right idea.

Have any of the noobs won an Emmy? If so, what show would they be contacting to return to?

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Desperately Random said:

I'm not sure about the first and third items but as far as the second one, my first thought was Stephen Nichols wanting to come back to Y&R to reprise his role as Tucker.

Your keyboard to the Almighty's ears!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

2. To me, this screams Billy Miller wanting to come back to Y&R. Anyone who watches GH knows he's been looking miserable there for quite some time-- especially since they split up his character and Kelly Monaco's and reconnected JaSam.  There have been some weird backstage shenanigans with KM and BM not being invited to fan events, etc., and there is clearly a lot of tension.  I could also see it being Stephen Nichols wanting to go back to either GH or Y&R.

3. Phyllis and Nick or Sam and Jason on GH. 

Edited by Ladybyrd
  • Love 9

i would say #3 is gt and jm....

jm is enthusiastic and gt isn't....she wants philly/jt back.

i kinda wouldn't mind billy miller back (villy) although i can't see him coupled with gt 

and #1 would be rey

if it's y&r that is.

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

jm is enthusiastic and gt isn't....she wants philly/jt back.

Well, that pretty interesting since she was all over Twitter and in the soap rags just a few months back pouting because she wasn't being written to interact (more) with JM after that brief interlude between Phyllis and Nick after she and Billy had the 5 minute timeout.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Well, that pretty interesting since she was all over Twitter and in the soap rags just a few months back pouting because she wasn't being written to interact (more) with JM after that brief interlude between Phyllis and Nick after she and Billy had the 5 minute timeout.

i have noticed that jm likes being with whoever is the hw's pet...and will rave about them.

except that's all changing now that jg is writing again..  noticed that gt wasn't amongst the actors from y&r on the talk and now he's asking if people like shick or phick...i think on the poll shick is ahead.

show makes my head hurt.

i keep hoping jg puts phyl back in a coma..afterall, dr. neville (?) said the something about he wasn't sure about his serum/whatever ....maybe she could all of a sudden collapse and go back into a coma....then bring back dr. neville who has hooked up with ashley :D

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 9

Michael Graziadei (Daniel) is in the latest season of True Detectives. He's playing one of the suspects in a child abduction in a small town in the Ozarks. And I hope it's just for the role because he's looking pretty rough on the show. (And wow, I didn't realize he was only six years younger than GT. No wonder Phyllis never mentions Daniel, lol.)

• Love 12