Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

Holy hell, now I’m crying watching that interview with EB 😢

Oh, and at the end of today’s Canadian, there was an “In Memoriam” card at the very end, after the Bell Productions card.

Edited by Capricasix
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Desperately Random said:

So if today's Canadian is his last appearance, does that mean he hasn't worked on y&r for at least a month? That's how far they shoot in advance, right? Or are they going to edit out the scenes that he had shot in the last month or so?

Six weeks, IIRC.

Coincidentally, when Ben Henderson who played Hal on ATWT committed suicide, it was also during a six week break in taping--one that followed the end of a story of his TV daughter Jen passing away. His last episode aired the day of his passing. 

• Love 10

All these posts and Eric. Yep I'm crying again.

20 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Has Peter Bergman said anything yet of Kristoff's passing? Those two worked together quite a bit in the past. 

He's not on social media. It's not really his style to go out of his way and issue a statement so I'm not surprised we've heard nothing from him yet. But yeah they worked together a lot, on addiction/emotional issues dialogue no less.

I always wondered how KSJ felt about some of the handling of mental illness on show, especially the disgusting language about "crazy Sharon" etc.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Has Peter Bergman said anything yet of Kristoff's passing? Those two worked together quite a bit in the past. 

How about Tricia Cast?  I'm old enough to remember watching her and KSJ on The Bad News Bears when they were kids.  They were adorable:(

• Love 13

Someone above mentioned KSJ’s surviving daughters. I send my condolences to them.

I also send my condolences to those who’ve lost someone this way.

My concern is that survivors of someone who committed suicide have a much higher rate of suicide. Such as KSJ and his son.

A family member of mine is said to have killed himself. (I have doubts since there were inconsistencies but that’s what cops called it...) I am a “friend” of his son on FB. His son frequently had dark periods. (He is followed by a psychologist.) Suicide doesn’t just kill the individual but damages us all. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Six weeks, IIRC.

Coincidentally, when Ben Henderson who played Hal on ATWT committed suicide, it was also during a six week break in taping--one that followed the end of a story of his TV daughter Jen passing away. His last episode aired the day of his passing. 

Okay, 6 weeks thanks.  I knew it had to be at least a month. I remember when Benjamin Hendrickson died. I loved Hal and Barbara. They had a great storyline and were one of my favorite couples.

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 14

When I think of Y&R (and I’m sure the general public feels the same), the faces have always been Victor & Nikki, Katherine and Neil & Dru. They were able to captivate me from childhood and my fandom only grew. It doesn’t surprise me to see negative comments about Victoria Rowell, but that woman gave up her career to advocate for others. Am I the only one who remembers the show suspending Kristoff and Bryton for speaking out about their “Winters Wednesday” treatment? Had Victoria not taken one for the team I highly doubt any of them would have a job (not to mention Susan Dansby, Mischael Morgan and others). People always give her hell, but the things she did were never going to get her rehired, but they did keep the show on its toes and ensure they don’t completely dump on their black characters as they’ve done the past year. She did an interview which fleshes put her thoughts better and speaks to his legacy: https://thegrio.com/2019/02/05/victoria-rowell-on-passing-of-young-and-the-restless-co-star-kristoff-st-john-blasts-soap-execs-for-racism/

I think it’s important to remember what an amazing man Kristoff was and just how talented he was. He was still so young and such a vibrant person which hid all of the pain he had inside. The outpouring of love and support is a testament to who he was as a person and the legacy he leaves. I think it’s a shame he didn’t get the recognition he deserved while alive. I truly believe had he been white his character would’ve been treated with the same importance a Billy or Nick or Jack received. I’m thankful for what we have but I’ll always wonder what could’ve been in a better world. 

My thoughts and prayers are definitely with the cast, crew and all his friends and family. As a fan I can’t recall an actors death affecting me this much. This still feels so surreal and unbelievable. 

• Love 24
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

I guess whoever did that 1st tweet never saw an Akita!

I was thinking the same thing, especially since he looks just like my Sake. I'm absolutely heartbroken about his dogs and truly hope somebody wonderful steps up to adopt them. I wonder why neither of his daughters will take them?

IMG_4572.jpg

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I was thinking the same thing, especially since he looks just like my Sake. I'm absolutely heartbroken about his dogs and truly hope somebody wonderful steps up to adopt them. I wonder why neither of his daughters will take them?

IMG_4572.jpg

Sake614, absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

IMG_4572.jpg

Oh, Shibas! I love them! And yours is super-cute!

• Love 7

Watching today’s show, I thought a lot about KSJ’s last appearance and paid special attention to his eyes. There was such sadness in his eyes, no humor, no joy, no laughter. I’ve seen many photos of him laughing and joking with other cast members where his eyes were so full of joy. God rest his sweet soul. We know he’s with Julian now. I thought of the cartoon of Barbara Bush and her tiny child, Robin, as they ran toward each other, arms outstretched, in Heaven. I hope Kristoph and Julian had the same rapturous reunion.

• Love 17
22 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

How about Tricia Cast?  I'm old enough to remember watching her and KSJ on The Bad News Bears when they were kids.  They were adorable:(

Her husband Bat McGrath was recently diagnosed with terminal cancer with only a few months.  He is a muscian from my hometown and played a final concert here last week and Tricia was here with him.

Edited by Cupcake04
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Thank you to everyone who's been reposting everything here. I really appreciate it.

Although I never met him, I feel like I've just lost a friend.

I feel the same way. Never met him but I feel a tremendous amount of sadness at his death. He meant so much to so many and it sounds like he was a truly wonderful human being. My prayers out to his family and friends. 

• Love 12

One thing I wanted to post, but we were offline.  If you recall, KSJ retweeted a post by someone else, as one of his last tweets, and it has been widely reported in the media.  It had to do with children, end of life, grief, etc.  

This tweeter was bullied, horrifically, by idiots.  She was also supported by many tweeters.  But it became very difficult for her, especially when news outlets were quoting KSJ's comment on her tweet in every online article that was published.  The idiot factor kicked in and trolls actually blamed this person for causing KSJ's death.

Who even can imagine what can happen to someone who quotes a hopeful and meaningful statement, that resonates with someone else.  Suddenly, this person is being blamed for causing a death.

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, bannana said:

One thing I wanted to post, but we were offline.  If you recall, KSJ retweeted a post by someone else, as one of his last tweets, and it has been widely reported in the media.  It had to do with children, end of life, grief, etc.  

This tweeter was bullied, horrifically, by idiots.  She was also supported by many tweeters.  But it became very difficult for her, especially when news outlets were quoting KSJ's comment on her tweet in every online article that was published.  The idiot factor kicked in and trolls actually blamed this person for causing KSJ's death.

Who even can imagine what can happen to someone who quotes a hopeful and meaningful statement, that resonates with someone else.  Suddenly, this person is being blamed for causing a death.

I saw it mentioned elsewhere about the online bullying that was done to that person on Twiiter which I find to be horrifically disgusting. At the time he read that tweet he was probably comforted by the fact that someone else understood how he was feeling. Those idiots doing the bullying get so into it that they don't stop to think or care that the type of treatment they are dishing out causes people to commit suicide too.

• Love 7

Why I'm mourning Kristoff St. John

"Long before there were black showrunners like Shonda Rhimes and Kenya Barris creating series that showcase the complexity of the black experience, there were black soap stars acting out storylines that often ignored they were considered "the other" in the mainstream.

They were heroes and villains, just like the rest of the cast, and often unsung in their accomplishments."

The Unsung Legacy of Black Characters on Soap Operas

"In many ways, daytime soaps preceded the kinds of diverse approaches to storytelling now championed by Shonda Rhimes dramas. But their contributions weren’t valued then, and they’re still largely ignored today. Black soap actors have rarely won mainstream recognition for their portrayals, and many of their characters’ storylines are lost to history as the genre's popularity continues to wane among viewers."

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Cupid Stunt, thank you so much for sharing the link to the article about black legacy characters on the soaps. It took me so far back because I remember Carla Benari on OLTL, Mamie on Y&R, Generations, the Grants on Days and all the rest mentioned. I got real nostalgic thinking about old soap friends.

• Love 8
On 2/6/2019 at 5:18 PM, spinxella said:

Kristoff's friend Marc who found his body wants to set the record straight about his death.

So this was the person who found Kristoff's lifeless body? Sigh! I'm admittedly nosy (LOL) and I feel like I need more intricate details about all of this. Like really, was Kris lying dead on the floor or was he in bed unresponsive when this Marc fella discovered him? Also, wasn't Kris engaged or re-married? Where was the wife/girlfriend and why was her troubled fiancee/husband all alone? Everything about Kristoff's pain and troubles were public knowledge every step of the way, so where the hell was EVERYONE? If it were me, I would've hog-tied him and kept my eye on him for as long as it took. Something about all of this just doesn't feel right. SMH!

Edited by Syndicate

I do know the new fiancé/girlfriend is Russian and they were doing long-distance until she finished her Masters or some other degree/career thing back in Russia. No judgement whatsoever, but I think they were a fairly new item and hadn't truly cohabitated yet.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, Syndicate said:

So this was the person who found Kristoff's lifeless body? Sigh! I'm admittedly nosy (LOL) and I feel like I need more intricate details about all of this. Like really, was Kris lying dead on the floor or was he in bed unresponsive when this Marc fella discovered him? Also, wasn't Kris engaged or re-married? Where was the wife/girlfriend and why was her troubled fiancee/husband all alone? Everything about Kristoff's pain and troubles were public knowledge, so where the hell was EVERYONE? If it were me, I would've hog-tied him and kept my eye on him for as long as it took. Something about all of this just doesn't feel right. SMH!

There are worse situations than to walk into a friend's home and finding him dead, but not for Marc Celbanoff. I imagine there are a lot of his family and friends that are suffering from guilt and regret not sticking to his side like Krazy Glue.

I'm waiting for the final ME/LAPD report on KSJ's death.

• Love 4

per soaps.com:

Young and the Restless is looking to cast the role of Jeff, a late 20s to early 30s handsome African American. The character is said to be full of energy, has a sense of humor, with a bit of ego thrown in, sexy, driven and successful.

Rumor has it that the actor who plays Nate has been let go. No word yet on whether this new casting call is for a replacement Nate, a SORASed Moses (Neil's son with Sofia), or a completely new character.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, bannana said:

@spinxella, thank you again for posting the news.  Those EB tweets are fricking hilarious.  My fave was:

Must have been put together by that LIVERPOODLIAN!

followed by:

But that little BRIT has an agenda!

nothing to see here. heh.

• Love 4

I only watched the clips from that FB Live talk that EB did awhile back. I knew it would it probably be a doozy as soon as I saw that bottle of alcohol sitting on the table in front of him. So now when I see his tweets I always wonder if he's tweeting while tipsy or drunk. 😄

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I dunno, EB probably thinks he's being clever and cute and there likely aren't a lot of Mal defenders at this point. However, it seems a bit sketchy to me for a German to be openly mocking a Brit based on their nationality, even in jest.

• Love 3