Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

Well, this is not news to viewers that the show is a hot mess.  What will it mean to Show?

Remember when they turned Kay Chancellor's house into Billy's ridiculous grey bach pad?  And then they turned it back into Kay's house?  And then we never saw it again?

As a not so long-time viewer, I am feeling the whiplash with the long-time characters.  Maybe that is why I am liking the newer characters.  But they may be in play and even out the door in a new regime.

I bet Eric Braeden is having tequila shots right now.

• Love 14

LA0fjrY.gif

Oh boy. I'm ready to see Phyllis dialed way back, even removed as the Jabot CEO because that's a joke that isn't even funny. I'm okay with the Rosales crew but they could be dialed back a bit too, IMO, because it seems like the show's been trying to make fetch happen with them. It also feels to me like the Rosales have grown in importance at the expense of the the Winters family and I don't see POC as being interchangeable. This change is probably going to mean crappier writing for Sharon though.

The timing of this move is interesting and some seem to think it's related to CBS' final FU to Moonves yesterday. The excrement might have been flowing downhill to CBS Daytime and a good housecleaning might be in order there too. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 21

I dont' agree that JG is talentless or incompetent. I think he *can* write but he's gotten lazy. He needs someone to give him a good kick in the ass and tell him to go back to his roots. In his heyday, he and Michael Malone were an unbeatable pair. 

I'd like to see some new blood come in and try to revive the show but I'm not sure anyone is interested in writing for daytime anymore.

• Love 5

The lack of official or more mainstream corroboration is a valid point, I think. A lot of the soap sites/bloggers appear to be quoting each other. However, there's been no denial--official or otherwise--either. My fingers are still crossed.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

It also feels to me like the Rosales have grown in importance at the expense of the the Winters family and I don't see POC as being interchangeable.

It makes absolutely no sense.  They need the Rosales family for diversity & they trashed the Winters.  Gee here's a concept...why not have both?  

• Love 13

This Tommy Lightfoot Garrett has been a pretty reliable source of inside dope on stuff happening around Hollywood and within the business. I believe he's probably on the money. And it may be that EB felt bold enough to take to Twitter in the last few weeks because he was aware that the change was being made. Frankly, when they brought JG back and made him co-HW, I could see the handwriting on the wall.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, boes said:

Great news that Mal is out, but what comes next?

Yes, great news and finally something is done to get rid of him. Now it 's time to get back to good writing for the vets instead of disrespecting them.

• Love 14
38 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Oh, shit! Sally’s husband. This is too good.

Have not even been able to find a fuck for this show but I popped onto twitter and saw Mal's out and Sally's husband is EP. LMAO!

Also Josh has zero time for Phyllis. Last time he came in he backburned her IMMEDIATELY and MS left. 

• Love 20
58 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Hmm. GT was still tweeting at Mal 5 days ago. Did this just happen? Or did she not know? All options will be equally hilarious.

This might be my favourite part of all of this (well maybe Sally's husband as EP might be my favourite): Gina "I LOVE PHILLY" Tognoni out of the loop. lol. 

I can't imagine it just happened.

• Love 17
53 minutes ago, miamama said:

Have not even been able to find a fuck for this show but I popped onto twitter and saw Mal's out and Sally's husband is EP. LMAO!

Also Josh has zero time for Phyllis. Last time he came in he backburned her IMMEDIATELY and MS left. 

42 minutes ago, miamama said:

This might be my favourite part of all of this (well maybe Sally's husband as EP might be my favourite): Gina "I LOVE PHILLY" Tognoni out of the loop. lol. 

I can't imagine it just happened.

32 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I love this song.

This truly is music to my ears.  

A show without Phyllis and ButtBiscuit eating every scene and storyline, that alone gives me hope.

• Love 21

jacob young wants to come to Y&R?

doesn't he already work on a soap?  

They've effectively dumped him from B&B and the audience will soon learn that his character Rick Forrester

Spoiler

and his wife Maya have broken up offscreen. She will be returning to the show without him

I wouldn't mind him on Y&R playing a different character than Rick. Can't see any value in having a lone Forrester in GC.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, valleycliffe said:

jacob young wants to come to Y&R?

doesn't he already work on a soap?  

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

They've effectively dumped him from B&B and the audience will soon learn that his character Rick Forrester

Hide contents

and his wife Maya have broken up offscreen. She will be returning to the show without him

I wouldn't mind him on Y&R playing a different character than Rick. Can't see any value in having a lone Forrester in GC.

Jacob Young in Genoa City......huh.....

I've never watched B&B and I didn't see him on GH but I saw his entire run on AMC and he was pretty good - or at least I certainly saw him thoroughly take over his character of JR Chandler.

I wonder...... but who would he play?  Is he subtle enough to do a recast Adam?  

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I wouldn't mind him on Y&R playing a different character than Rick.

I wouldn't mind either, I like him, but that won't happen, TPTB think we're too stupid to know the difference between an actor and a character.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, miamama said:

EB looks happy in all the pics. He must have known Mal was out then. lmao. (Unlike Gina BWAH).

I’m cracking up at how quiet GT is about this. Guess she ain’t so loyal, huh, Mal? 

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

I’m cracking up at how quiet GT is about this. Guess she ain’t so loyal, huh, Mal? 

I am reminded how ecstatic she was, tweeting about "Thanks America!" when Phyllis had sex with Billy.  So....I'd like to say So Long to Mr. Young.  And wherever you end up, please take your rom com stars with you. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, rcc said:

EB is arrogant and egotistical but I appreciate his tweets about the vets that Mal got rid of. The guy does have a good side and is loyal.

I love that despite people assuming he’s like Victor, he is always tweeting talking about how good his costars are. It’s crazy because I wouldn’t even imagine him watching the show! But he always randomly shouts out the actors for good performances even ones he doesn’t share scenes with. He can be rough in his execution at time but he definitely is passionate about the show. Somebody on twitter familiar with behind the scenes said that Mal was done the second Braeden started complaining about him. Once he complains you’re done, which in this case is good. 

• Love 14