Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

I took the survey too. Cane, Billy, Victor and Phyllis did not fare well. 😉😁

Mariah, Jack, Kyle and Lola did though.

I noticed there weren't too many questions about Nate. I wonder if his fate has already been decided. But they were still asking about Lily so maybe they're trying to decide whether to bring her back or not.

I wish they had asked if there were any characters that we want to see return.

• Love 18

I've been watching soaps voluntarily since the 60s and that was the first survey I participated in. It was kind of cathartic. I enjoyed sharing my "die, Tessa, die" sentiments along with my appreciation for Mariah, Lola, and Kyle. I figured you guys had everything else covered and I bow to your knowledge and experience in these matters.

I wish they'd do a GH survey. We'd tear them a new one.

My Kindle is having a break with reality.

• Love 8

I was puzzled by some of the questions. Why so many about Lily? Cane? Nate? Kerry? We don’t care about these people but I guess they want to make sure we won’t miss them? I gave high marks to Mariah, Nikki, Lola, Kyle, Victoria, Sharon, Jack (of course), Dina, Traci and Jill. I think that’s all. I don’t mind Davon, Michael, Lauren if they’re not on too much. Or if they had a decent, interesting story and Lauren kept her huge boobs covered up. Way to have breakfast with your husband and son at the club this morning, Boobsy! Every business woman dresses like that for breakfast and then a day at work. Why don’t TPTB make her stop dressing like a hooker?

• Love 18

FWIW, I did it too & agree pretty much with you guys about Cane, Billy, Victor and Phyllis not faring too well. Mariah, Jack, Dina, Kyle and Lola even Sharon scored well for me  but I did take every small opportunity presented to complain about not writing to show history & character history just for some insta-moment or to further a plot that made no sense from the get-go. Voted down the newbie Rosales (except Lola).

Wonder if we'll ever see the results.....

Edited by RedRockRosie
dumb typo
  • Love 11

I just got done and it was so nice to unload all of my opinions on Phyllis, Nick, Billy, Cane and Victor. I'm a bit of a masochist I think because I kinda like Sharon and Rey together. 😆

Edited by Jaded
Spelling errors due to my cat
  • Love 12
On 1/13/2019 at 11:58 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Is this specifically about Y&R or could it be any of the four soaps?

I assumed it was any of the soaps.  My immediate guess was Ingo Rademacher.

• Love 3

I assumed it was any of the soaps.  My immediate guess was Ingo Rademacher.

Hmm, yeah, maybe for item #2. I didn't think all three items were necessarily about the same soap or the same person. For IR, he certainly wasn't a part of a popular pairing on B&B. I've been waiting for that couple to break up pretty much ever since they got together. IR was just wrong for that role but I guess it was nice of the show to give him a paycheck for a while.

• Love 3

I noticed the survey mentioned Noah a few times (rate how much you like this character or whatever) but not Paul. Presumably both are recurring but not fired right? Thought that was interesting. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

I did take every small opportunity presented to complain about not writing to show history & character history just for some insta-moment or to further a plot that made no sense from the get-go.

Glad to hear that. I hope more people do the same. I made that same point as well. I made it very clear that the reason that I was not watching the show was because I was disappointed with how the characters and the show's history was being ignored. Also, that they need to focus more on the characters interactions and relationships  and not so much on plot! plot! plot! that  results in characters acting in ways that are obvious contradictions to how they would have acted based on their long history.

I told them that getting rid of Mal Young was a good first step. 😁

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, Desperately Random said:

Glad to hear that. I hope more people do  that. I made that same point as well. I made it very clear that the reason that I was not watching the show was because I was disappointed with how the characters and the show's history was being ignored. Also, that they need to focus more on the characters interactions and relationships  and not so much on plot! plot! plot! that  results in characters acting in ways that are obvious contradictions to how they would have acted based on their long history.

I told them that getting rid of Mal Young what's a good first step. 😁

More or less what I said as well.

• Love 11

I do wonder if we’ll ever be given the opportunity to view the results of this survey. I imagine that we’d all be pretty much on the same page with regards to plots, characters, actors/actresses, sets (new and old). I have a strong feeling that the results will never be published.

• Love 5

Wow. It’s like being asked to choose between a pap smear performed witn salad tongs or a post-dysentery wipe with sandpaper. 

brainbleach.jpg.c3cdcf7f27f9ceacfcc5f4f28e5b342b.jpg

Where is the lie tho? Victoria should just fling herself off the Top of the Tower if those two are her only choices.

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, spinxella said:

sEPeyB.jpg

Well, as they said about the publicity shots for Lucille Ball when she made her ill-fated version of "Auntie Mame", Cane must have been filmed through three closed doors because that resembles his face about as much as a crash car dummy.

And Jason Thompson's nostrils must have been spackled and painted.

• Love 14

I never watched the show Beastmaster that DG was on originally even though I remember seeing it on TV. From the promo pics and screenshots I can find online his face didn't even look like back then. It looks like someone went crazy with an eraser while "tuning it up". I found this scene on YT when looking for intros for Beastmaster...

• Love 2

Well, this doesn't bode well for viewing, does it?  I don't remember Cane ever kissing Lauren; so maybe we can hope that is what is happening with Victoria.  It will be a brief, one or two kiss and that will be that.  

Please do something with the Rosales family;  a recast for Mia would be a start...and a new story line for her.  

• Love 3

I just saw a *spoiler* on Twitter that was from Soap Opera Spy (and their spoilers are usually just their speculation), that posed the question whether the person doing all the gaslighting of Nikki and the Newmans generally couldn't be Chloe. Well, that's something that never would have occurred to me, and I'd just as soon she stay far off Y&R anyway. I'm trying to figure out just what is that she'd want to do this for, but then since she's crazy, I guess it makes sense. The whole storyline is just odious and it gets more so by the day. WHEN will this stupid nightmare be over. It makes no sense. They should send Phyllis to prison for the rest of her life for concocting this hyped up charade. Maybe she can take Mia with her when she gets sent up river.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, JasonCC said:

Charmed was playing at the gym today (I know?!?!) and I saw MM Adam on it!

Oh hey, good for him! I watched the first couple of eps, but I didn’t take to it like I did to the original Charmed.

1 hour ago, Toomuchsoap said:

I just saw a *spoiler* on Twitter that was from Soap Opera Spy (and their spoilers are usually just their speculation), that posed the question whether the person doing all the gaslighting of Nikki and the Newmans generally couldn't be Chloe. Well, that's something that never would have occurred to me, and I'd just as soon she stay far off Y&R anyway. I'm trying to figure out just what is that she'd want to do this for, but then since she's crazy, I guess it makes sense. The whole storyline is just odious and it gets more so by the day. WHEN will this stupid nightmare be over. It makes no sense. They should send Phyllis to prison for the rest of her life for concocting this hyped up charade. Maybe she can take Mia with her when she gets sent up river.

Isn’t Elizabeth Hendrickson on GH now?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Given that Mal had a penchant for legacy character assassination, I was thinking that Mac would end up being the one gaslighting everyone to avenge JT. She's either in it with him (meaning she found his near dead body and whisked him away with superhuman strength) or she somehow knows what happened that night and is doing it solo.  Mac breaking under JT's abuse and convincing herself that JT wouldn't act that way if he didn't care/if she didn't deserve it would be the kind of sad, sick, shady crap I could see him doing to the character. No one knows where her kids are and Reed is off doing his own thing. Mac may actually be in town with no one knowing and doing all this crap due to a psychotic break. The reason why she was giving Billy and Victoria the stink-eye at JT's memorial? Because she's pissed that (in her broken mind) Victoria 'used' JT and then got him killed and took her kids' father away and now she's got the balls to be snuggling with Billy at JT's memorial. 

• Love 4

Oh hey, good for him! I watched the first couple of eps, but I didn’t take to it like I did to the original Charmed.

There's a new Charmed??

1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Given that Mal had a penchant for legacy character assassination, I was thinking that Mac would end up being the one gaslighting everyone to avenge JT. She's either in it with him (meaning she found his near dead body and whisked him away with superhuman strength) or she somehow knows what happened that night and is doing it solo.  Mac breaking under JT's abuse and convincing herself that JT wouldn't act that way if he didn't care/if she didn't deserve it would be the kind of sad, sick, shady crap I could see him doing to the character. No one knows where her kids are and Reed is off doing his own thing. Mac may actually be in town with no one knowing and doing all this crap due to a psychotic break. The reason why she was giving Billy and Victoria the stink-eye at JT's memorial? Because she's pissed that (in her broken mind) Victoria 'used' JT and then got him killed and took her kids' father away and now she's got the balls to be snuggling with Billy at JT's memorial. 

That does make sense. She could have some kind of Stockholm Syndrome.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

There's a new Charmed??

Yeah, but it’s got nothing to do with the Halliwell sisters - completely different family.

Ah, I remember Demian’s Charmed recaps at TWoP. They were things of beauty.

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

Yeah, but it’s got nothing to do with the Halliwell sisters - completely different family.

Ah, I remember Demian’s Charmed recaps at TWoP. They were things of beauty.

Damn, I'm sorry I missed those. I quit the show when Kaley came on.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Kemper said:

Well, this doesn't bode well for viewing, does it?  I don't remember Cane ever kissing Lauren; so maybe we can hope that is what is happening with Victoria.  It will be a brief, one or two kiss and that will be that.  

Please do something with the Rosales family;  a recast for Mia would be a start...and a new story line for her.  

Yeah, there was a whole Cane/Lauren kissing thing, cannot remember why.

Let's face it, Lane should be done done done.  They have lied to each other many times, well he has lied to her, and he has screwed her over many times, not just in the literal sense.  This family should move on to a different kind of family unit.  Maybe Lily and the kids could move in with Devon.  That would be a nice reminder of everything he has lost.   

• Love 13

Let's face it, Lane should be done done done

AFAIC there should've been no coming back from gaslighting Lily when she had herself committed for thinking Cane was alive when he was supposed to be dead. But even if I give her that one, Cane having an outside baby with a coworker, a baby he now expects Lily to raise, would've been the final straw. I think Lily has basically trained Cane to believe she'll tolerate anything, he just has to wait out her being upset for a while. Ugh.

• Love 16

Yes, bring Lily home from prison a changed Princess...give her some goals other than model, wife and mother.  The ideal would be for her to be a widow; then pair her with someone surprising..maybe one of the Rosales brothers?  Nick?  I mean, she has kids who are going to college so she would not be too young for Nick; it would get  him out of the Sharon/Phyllis circle.  We are always going to have Nick, so find a way to make him palatable; Cain is beyond any kind of redemption.  Maybe a recast?  

I just cannot with a Cane/Victoria story.  Maybe Victoria and Rey Rey?  That would be a surprise; it would also hopefully get rid of Mia; and it would give the forever-ingenue Sharon a rest for being the go-too romantic partner for almost any man who comes on the scene.  

I did not take the survey that CBS (or was it Y&R) conducted on show opinions from fans.  Because I am sure they will do absolutely nothing about anything that doesn't support how they are running this show.  To me, the only question would be....how can we improve storytelling.  I do admire everyone that took the survey; because other than tuning out, how else can we make our opinions known?

• Love 8

So I'm watching the current season of Future Man and who should show up (3rd episode) but our own little Faith/Alyvia Alyn Lind. She's playing a kid in a tribe of alternate-timeline space hillbillies. Her character is the only wise and smart one, just like on Y&R. And the shock of the episode for me was hearing her use the term "cat fcuker." My goodness, Sharon and Nick would not approve!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So I'm watching the current season of Future Man and who should show up (3rd episode) but our own little Faith/Alyvia Alyn Lind. She's playing a kid in a tribe of alternate-timeline space hillbillies. Her character is the only wise and smart one, just like on Y&R. And the shock of the episode for me was hearing her use the term "cat fcuker." My goodness, Sharon and Nick would not approve!

I've always thought that Faith not only routinely peppers her language with spicy obscenities, but also has a taste for Victor's Havana Coronas when no one's looking.

• Love 16
30 minutes ago, pearlite said:

I've always thought that Faith not only routinely peppers her language with spicy obscenities, but also has a taste for Victor's Havana Coronas when no one's looking.

Hahahahaha!  Nailed it, Perlite!

Perhaps it's Faith who's gaslighting the Gang of 4.  It would make sense and after all, she is grandpa's little girl.....

• Love 12
1 hour ago, pearlite said:

Yep, I can totally see her hitting Grampire's Tequila.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Kemper said:

Yes, bring Lily home from prison a changed Princess...give her some goals other than model, wife and mother.  The ideal would be for her to be a widow; then pair her with someone surprising..maybe one of the Rosales brothers?  Nick?  I mean, she has kids who are going to college so she would not be too young for Nick; it would get  him out of the Sharon/Phyllis circle.  We are always going to have Nick, so find a way to make him palatable; Cain is beyond any kind of redemption.  Maybe a recast?  

I just cannot with a Cane/Victoria story.  Maybe Victoria and Rey Rey?  That would be a surprise; it would also hopefully get rid of Mia; and it would give the forever-ingenue Sharon a rest for being the go-too romantic partner for almost any man who comes on the scene.  

I did not take the survey that CBS (or was it Y&R) conducted on show opinions from fans.  Because I am sure they will do absolutely nothing about anything that doesn't support how they are running this show.  To me, the only question would be....how can we improve storytelling.  I do admire everyone that took the survey; because other than tuning out, how else can we make our opinions known?

But but but, Lily was involved with Daniel, and Daniel is his step-son, or was, or is going to be.  

Yeah, who cares.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, bannana said:

But but but, Lily was involved with Daniel, and Daniel is his step-son, or was, or is going to be.  

Yeah, who cares.

Man, I loved Lily/Daniel.  

Lily's stint in prison should have her come out as a crusader and done with being a model/hostess and wanting to help people. Her kids will be in college; she can go to law school and become a legal eagle.

• Love 18
11 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Man, I loved Lily/Daniel.  

Lily's stint in prison should have her come out as a crusader and done with being a model/hostess and wanting to help people. Her kids will be in college; she can go to law school and become a legal eagle.

only time i loved lily and daniel was when davetta sherwood played her....loved when they were on the run and decided to get married and daniel went to a thrift store and bought her a wedding dress...also loved how davetta / lily said his name.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

only time i loved lily and daniel was when davetta sherwood played her....loved when they were on the run and decided to get married and daniel went to a thrift store and bought her a wedding dress...also loved how davetta / lily said his name.

I loved Davetta Sherwood and was pretty peeved when she got dumped because CK was coming back. 

• Love 12