Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

And, still, she again makes this whole Philly break up about how much she gets to see Jason Thompson. Girl. He is married. Enough. 

Yeah that is weird af.

I get the strong impression JT doesn't feel the same way about Philly ending. I can't imagine he's sad that he will be mixing it up more with PB/Michael Mealor and many, many others now. He just couldn't really be an "Abbott" or believably at Jabot while constantly fucking Jack's long-time love. Now he can. And my sense was this was a big draw of the part for him. 

I'm also fascinated that show wrote them breaking up this dirty and completely. I mean I'd say it's for the emmy reel but that was a weak emmy reel. A few super fast scenes and Billy was cold and emotionless. Phyllis was way less upset than I would expect. You know, considering Billy's her soulmate, and he fucked her supergirl. lmao. Even Billy's scorched earth reaction (considering how much crap Phyllis has taken from him) made no sense. 

Anyone who likes Phyllis cannot want her with this gross creep. That was a complete breakup, not a soap moving them apart but keeping them root-worthy. Not that show wouldn't bring them together because it's a soap, but the breakup was quick and decisive. Gina's embarrassing fantasies nothwithstanding, Philly is done. And they ended as ugly as they began. 

It's clear they did nothing for ratings except help them in their free fall. So even if Mal wants Philly it's no longer up to him (I think). I think this because Gina confirms how sad she is she's not "hanging out" with JT any more. sniff.

Those spoiler pics, ugh, Jack will be bad and Ashley will play victim. She's really tiresome when she's self-righteous and this will be unwatchable. I hope @bannana has the stomach for it. I know I don't. Ah well, ED's gone in a week.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 17
On 10/11/2018 at 2:53 PM, miamama said:

Yes looks like Avery's place repurposed. And don't you know @boes all cops on temporary assignments set up an apartment with every conceivable knick knack including books and plants and fridge magnets! Also three cans of whipped cream.

This place is above Crimson Lights? Was there any explanation for why it was never used/rented etc. before? Did they at least throw in a line or two about renovating the space into rental units? No? We are just supposed to be cool with the fact that no one has lived there in all these years? Including Kevin? Jana? Single Nick? Chloe? 

One freakin line "Oh, the elderly couple who rented it all these years, moved to Florida."

writing...ya know..

• Love 8

Does GT not see how gross it is for her character to reunite with the reprobate who gleefully confessed to hate fucking her daughter as a form of vengeance? That’s not your standard, fluffy romantic obstacle. Philly started out as two total garbage people betraying Jack, spread their slimy sex secretions all over Jabot and Summer’s condo, and now this pathetic dick and dash by Buttbiscuit, which is admittedly the perfect note to end this travesty of a relationship on. Barf.

Secret documents in the wall safe? Come on. The Abbotts have plenty of juicy emotional drama to contend with. Mal, like a bull in a china shop, has to charge in and overcomplicate everything. Less is more, you knob.

• Love 19
4 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Does GT not see how gross it is for her character to reunite with the reprobate who gleefully confessed to hate fucking her daughter as a form of vengeance?

But, but, she needs to spend time with Jason Thompson!!

• Love 12

OK--I don't know anything about Twitter.  Am I reading this right--did GT post that photo of herself and her beloved noodle casserole at 12:54 am?  Is that PST?  If yes, she is posting garbage like this at 12:54 on a Fri night/early Sat morning?  Does anyone else find that rather bizarre?

Another thing I never pay any attention to--are there a lot more names listed as producers in the opening credits, or has it been like this all along?  I am clinging to hope that the wheels are turning to get rid of MY.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Tippi said:

OK--I don't know anything about Twitter.  Am I reading this right--did GT post that photo of herself and her beloved noodle casserole at 12:54 am?  Is that PST?  If yes, she is posting garbage like this at 12:54 on a Fri night/early Sat morning?  Does anyone else find that rather bizarre?

Another thing I never pay any attention to--are there a lot more names listed as producers in the opening credits, or has it been like this all along?  I am clinging to hope that the wheels are turning to get rid of MY.

Y&R has had a few periods where there are co-EPs, most recently when JFP and CP both shared that title. In Pratt's case, it was purported that he was given that title to justify his comp. MAB also shared  co-EP status with Paul Rauch early on, but became the exclusive EP later. But as you say, I noticed for the first time Friday the several co-EPs, or "supervising" EP (which was JG along with another guy I can't recall). I imagine that this is being done due to the allegations of harassment against Mal Young that are supposedly being investigated recently.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 7

well eric, dougie davidson, greg rikart and mishael morgan don't work there anymore so how they feel is irrelevant to mal..

he hired jordi so his opinion would be more important than the ones you mentioned...

besides, mal hired jordi and the newbies....that's all that matters.

• Love 8

JV isn't a newbie to the soap world. This is the 4th soap he's appeared on since 2001 and his 2nd one on CBS. What was he supposed to do in this situation make himself look bad and tell whoever was asking those questions about Y&R that they should go ask someone who's been on the show longer? There were three other people who have been on the show for extended periods of time (Camryn had that gap in-between her stints). I'm not a JV fangirl and didn't really like his stint on Days but I'm ok with him so far on Y&R. 

Even though I watched All My Children while he was on I don't remember a whole lot about his character except that he got on my nerves occasionally. I blocked some of the last years of AMC from my mind due to who was eating the show alive during that time. I was surprised when I looked JV up and it said he's 37 since his features have always seemed to make him come across as older. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 9

I think the lesson here is bad leadership = conflict among employees.

It’s not just EB. ED, DD, MiM have all had public issues.

Mal’s M.O. became apparent when he manoeuvred to oust Sally and Kay.

Angelica McDaniel should be fired along with Mal. Funny how Mal gives her her long wished for Latinx family now. Right? Named Rosales no less (her surname is Rosas). He has a disturbing af survival instinct.

And he’s clearly a divide and rule asshole.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, miamama said:

Angelica McDaniel should be fired along with Mal. 

Here, here!! I've thought AMcD should have been fired about five years ago. With the ratings in the toilet, why the hell hasn't she been canned yet?

• Love 11

So I'm watching the DVD of a 2017 Denzel Washington movie called "Roman J. Israel, Esq." and who should pop up but our old girl Sage/Kelly Sullivan. She played a luxury apartment leasing agent and only had about three lines. It's a meh movie but I can't help but wonder why they bothered to get someone with her experience just to do a few inconsequential lines. Good on her though for booking a movie with two high profile actors (Colin Farrell is also in it) after she left Y&R.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So I'm watching the DVD of a 2017 Denzel Washington movie called "Roman J. Israel, Esq." and who should pop up but our old girl Sage/Kelly Sullivan. She played a luxury apartment leasing agent and only had about three lines. It's a meh movie but I can't help but wonder why they bothered to get someone with her experience just to do a few inconsequential lines. Good on her though for booking a movie with two high profile actors (Colin Farrell is also in it) after she left Y&R.

Wait, weren't Sage and Kelly two different people? Kelly was with Tan Leather Sofa and Sage was with Adam Go Boom and Banana Breath and is the mother of Christian.

• Love 4

Wait, weren't Sage and Kelly two different people? Kelly was with Tan Leather Sofa and Sage was with Adam Go Boom and Banana Breath and is the mother of Christian.

Kelly Sullivan is the name of the actress who played Sage. Kelly the character was played by Cady McClain.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Kelly Sullivan is the name of the actress who played Sage. Kelly the character was played by Cady McClain.

Ah yes, who can forget Ol' Hammertoes?

And she and Nick and their dirty dropcloth sexy times?

• Love 13

Noemi Gonzalez has been cast as rey's wife.

apparently she will show up in the middle of november sweeps..

i wonder which vet will bite the dust for this noob...

LOLOL  and over at the cesspool they can't wait to see sharon busted for sleeping with married rey...

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

Hell has indeed frozen over when I actually agree in Eric B. 

I get what he meant.  The way he responds to fellow cast members at times is what bothers me. If EB wants to direct his anger over the newbie hires towards someone online Mal has a Twitter that's active and he's the one taking the responsibility for the Rosalies existing in the first place.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

I get what he meant.  The way he responds to fellow cast members at times is what bothers me. If EB wants to direct his anger over the newbie hires towards someone online Mal has a Twitter that's active and he's the one taking the responsibility for the Rosalies existing in the first place.

I agree, and I am not opposed to new characters who add some value or interest to the storyline.  Right now the Rosales family is kind of interesting.  Nate is not.  They should bring back Jordan and put him with Phyllis.  Or Dummer.

It is sad that they would write off the vets instead of giving them at least some story.  But I haven't seen Prick lately and that makes me happy.  I know he is on vacay but his storyline is much less than it used to be.  Which is fine by me.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, bannana said:

I agree, and I am not opposed to new characters who add some value or interest to the storyline.  Right now the Rosales family is kind of interesting.  Nate is not.  They should bring back Jordan and put him with Phyllis.  Or Dummer.

It is sad that they would write off the vets instead of giving them at least some story.  But I haven't seen Prick lately and that makes me happy.  I know he is on vacay but his storyline is much less than it used to be.  Which is fine by me.

I forget about Nate until he appears in a random episode I may happen to catch or is mentioned in one of your recaps . I haven't watched regularly in quite awhile since I started reading your recaps which are written better then the way things usually play out on the show. I always like it when Prick is on less since EB's acting isn't what it used to be especially now that he's older. Victor has been written as being so mean and angry for so long that it's hard to find him entertaining. He used to be a hard edged business guy that still had signs of humanity. Now, it's like Victor/EB is angry in all of his scenes unless they are with a kid.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 9