Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Desperately Random said:

I can't remember either. I started watching the show a couple of years before Peter Bergman came on as Jack. Maybe it was back when Terry Lester was playing the role.

Terry Lester's Jack was a philandering playboy and Lauren was a wild girl at the time. It was probably just a hookup. I wonder if it was during the Lauren/Traci rivalry.

Victor has a brother named Matt that Jack could lay claim to. He was on the show briefly a long time ago. I don't know what happened to him. So Dina had an affair with an obnoxious German man while poor Victor was suffering so in the orphanage? Another reason for him to hate Jag Abbott. One of Victor's beefs with Jack is that he was born into privilege while the mustached Oliver Twist was a self-made man. I really think Mal's just torturing everyone, and John will be the father.

• Love 15
On 9/5/2018 at 2:40 PM, spinxella said:

They could so easily tie the new family to Paulie. His cray Ex was Hispanic - maybe her relations.  OR there's aways the invisible Mrs. Martinez. maybe she had a fling with a drunken Jack way back

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, crowsworks said:

They could so easily tie the new family to Paulie. His cray Ex was Hispanic - maybe her relations.  OR there's aways the invisible Mrs. Martinez. maybe she had a fling with a drunken Jack way back

But why does everyone on a soap have to be related? Isabella hasn't been on in so many years there wouldn't even be a purpose of tying them to her. And Mrs. Martinez is never seen. Tying them to either of them would be pointless.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Oh gosh. Imagine having Buttbiscuit or Victor as a brother. It’s like choosing between a barbed dildo or a taxidermied porcupine to pleasure yourself with. Why not just have a brief interlude every episode where some random dayplayer kicks Jack in the nuts. 

It's the old joke about how porcupines make love. "Very carefully" -- Which is how you deal with NotBilly or Victor as a brother/relation, or else expect to be dog piled and ruined on the regular.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, spinxella said:

Julie can stand by her man all she wants on The Talk but he is a pig. CBS shouldn't be negotiating any overpriced settlement either. Kick the bastard to the curb.

Edited by rcc
Spelling
  • Love 15
On 9/1/2018 at 5:20 PM, peacheslatour said:

So KSJ is a cradle robber. 

LOL! The joke around here used to be my husband robbed a uterus as we are nearly 20 years apart in age. Sometimes it actually works out just fine. I wish him well. SHOW sure does NOT!

On 9/8/2018 at 2:49 AM, Anna Yolei said:

Late to this party, but the Winters family have been a hot mess since Drucilla got deep sixed. I know I should be more upset about the last black family in this genre being written out the show, but Lily is insufferable, Kneel swings between stuffy and sanctimonious to controlling as fuck (the Hillary kidnapping....sigh), and I've wanted Devon gone off the show since about 2006 because it's taken this long for the show to figure out anything with this character.

And Cane? He's the most useless one of the bunch. A proven liar who has built lies upon lies and somehow Lily continues to forgive him and Jill loves him more than her own son (granted, that son is Billy, but that's not the point and Cane isn't that much better). 

The twins? Eh. We need teens to round out the young set but I have no investment and it'll be easy enough to bring them back in a few years with or without the parents.

Peachslator beat me to it, but yeah. I'm FB friends with one of the PR agents who created Time's Up, and there's basically no place in Hollywood to escape this shit. And sometimes it takes crap like this to get a step up into something better.

Whatever I think of Hunter King as an actress, she shouldn't be run out of her career because of the actions of other people (or inaction, as the case may be). 

As for the rest of this...wow, that's um...a whole clusterfuck. Guess there was validity to Victoria Roswell's claims after all this time.

And this shit has pissed me off too. Timberlake got to perform at this last Super Bowl but she's still banned from ever performing. Good God. 

Good riddance to that old coot.

Right fuckin on!

On 9/8/2018 at 3:22 PM, boes said:

I will pluck every errant hair out of Mal's ears and nose if this hack tries to tie Jack to that heffalump of a murdstone, Victor Newman.  With hot tweezers.  

And no jury will convict me.  

Except in Genoa City, of course.

I'm riding with @boes

1 hour ago, spinxella said:

Sick Fuck! I can't even!!!!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, rcc said:

Julie can stand by her man all she wants on The Talk but he is a pig. CBS shouldn't be negotiating any overpriced settlement either. Kick the bastard to the curb.

That statement Julie made on The Talk was shameful. And Les is pure filth.

• Love 17

Is Tessa out?  I keep reading on another board she's been fired.   It's a dumb storyline anyway... they aren't committed to it.

Am I the only one thinks they're moving toward Kyle and Mariah?  I keep seeing flashes of mutual antagonism that suggest chemistry.  I'm talking off the charts chemistry, like Graham and Dina.

• Love 10

The new broom sweeps clean … CBS Shakeup: Moonves Out, Lawsuit Settled, New Board Members Named

The CBS vs. National Amusements Inc lawsuit is settled. Shari Redstone had the Moonves voting block removed and a new hand-picked members have been installed to press the long-awaited National Amusements Inc business agenda at CBS.

Julie Chen was not in attendance for the Season Premier of The Talk today. She is taking the time "to be with her family." Her tablemates were gracious, and steadfast in their support of Julie and the accusers. Dr. Phil McGraw filled in as co-host and to pimp his new season television ride.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
Thank you Cindyluwho
  • Love 7

I've been wondering if they made Tessa "go bad" like this to get out of the lesbian storyline and try to appease all the people who were protesting it. I'm sure those who were protesting it  calming religion as their reasoning are parroting the "gay people are evil" stuff. I avoid the show's FB page for the most part but I checked it a few months ago and the preaching from some over the potential Mariah/Tessa coupling saddening, maddening and insane.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Seriously? Like why?

Just because a lesbian/gay storyline was being portrayed. The same thing happened with Days in regards to Will. I'm sure it occurred with the soaps before that with lesbian/gay storylines like  AMC, ATWT and OLTL. I've seen people on social media and other boards trying to say that the soaps that have been cancelled that I've mentioned went off the air because of those storylines too. It's crazy. The same people protesting and getting angry will happily watch the affairs, murders, rapes and etc. that have been going on in soap land for years. 

• Love 8

i don't like the mariah / tessa coupling either...in fact, i hate it.

why you ask?  cause i hate tessa that's why and i love mariah.

i don't believe tessa is a sincere person....she is a user and will do whatever to get what she wants or thinks she deserves.

there is just something about her i detest..mostly i guess cause i think she is a liar.

i have nothing against mariah being in a gay relationship....just not with tessa.

• Love 20

i have nothing against mariah being in a gay relationship....just not with tessa.

I agree.  The show is so afraid of using the "G" word  that I started thinking that Mariah is not really gay...she's just a tessbian.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Jaded said:

Just because a lesbian/gay storyline was being portrayed. The same thing happened with Days in regards to Will. I'm sure it occurred with the soaps before that with lesbian/gay storylines like  AMC, ATWT and OLTL. I've seen people on social media and other boards trying to say that the soaps that have been cancelled that I've mentioned went off the air because of those storylines too. It's crazy. The same people protesting and getting angry will happily watch the affairs, murders, rapes and etc. that have been going on in soap land for years. 

Those were scapegoat excuses then, and it's even more so now that society at large is more accepting of same sex relationships. And a complete double standard.

I watched the entire Luke/Noah story from start to painful finish. If anything, Nuke's popularity bought that show another otherwise undeserved year on TV, cuz no one was chomping at the bit to watch Holden verbally budgeon Lily, or Carly and Jack use their children against the other, or Katie Peretti go through husbands almost as quickly as Liam ping pong between the same two women or anything to do with Meg Synder's general existence, period.

This past year, we've seen two lesbian couples become canon on children's TV and the leader of a mecha action cartoon was confirmed gay in the actual show itself--and there's good reason to believe he'll have an open-ended relationship with another on the team.

I would've accepted this caving ten years ago, but not today.

• Love 6

I didn't mean to start anything where people feel targeted. I was just sharing what I've seen over the years and still see when I look in some places online. The way this show has handled things in the past regarding these types of relationships it wouldn't surprise me if they came up with this sloppy story for Tessa to try and get out from the whole storyline and in their minds sweep the whole story under the rug quickly.

I admit to kind of finding EB's tweets comical in a way. I guess the show has cut back on catering to him too and he's not handling it well. I'm not sure what else they can do with Victor as a leading man that hasn't been done at this point. If anything I've kind of enjoyed seeing less of him.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, valleycliffe said:

i don't like the mariah / tessa coupling either...in fact, i hate it.

why you ask?  cause i hate tessa that's why and i love mariah.

i don't believe tessa is a sincere person....she is a user and will do whatever to get what she wants or thinks she deserves.

there is just something about her i detest..mostly i guess cause i think she is a liar.

See I could roll with Tessa Original Recipe before they brought in the whole Sister sister situation and she was playing at the club and with Nikki. I FLOVE CG as Mariah and they both sparked in their original scenes. To me SHOW ruined Tessa.  I'm cool with the actress. Not so much the writing team.

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

See I could roll with Tessa Original Recipe before they brought in the whole Sister sister situation and she was playing at the club and with Nikki. I FLOVE CG as Mariah and they both sparked in their original scenes. To me SHOW ruined Tessa.  I'm cool with the actress. Not so much the writing team.

I agree. I hate the whole sister, my sister s/l. Show totally wrecked what could have seen one of the only compelling romances we've seen for years.

• Love 10

I agree with everything that’s been said about not having any objection to the lesbian story between Mariah and Tessa but the writers have ruined it. This whole disappearing act to find and help her sister, returning to try to get $20,000, etc is horse shit. It’s so clumsy and out of the blue and involves one of our most favorite characters. Mariah deserves much better and she’s not getting it! It’s obvious that Tessa is up to no good and will hurt Mariah before this is over. A pox on the writers!

• Love 10

Yes to all of that.  Tessa and Mariah had off-the-charts chemistry in the beginning.  The kiss at the music festival was the apex, and it went downhill from there.  Like most of the best on-screen romances, the tension build-up is the best part.  But CG gave some freaking amazing performances dealing with the anguish of possibly hurting Noah, and then thinking Tessa didn't reciprocate her feelings.  Tessa stealing the journal was the end for me.  I can believe tptb caved to pressure.  Y&R used to be progressive way back when, but now it (and most CBS shows) seem so archaic.  If I threaten not to watch in protest until Billy Munster is off my TV screen forever, will that work?

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Jaded said:

I didn't mean to start anything where people feel targeted. I was just sharing what I've seen over the years and still see when I look in some places online. The way this show has handled things in the past regarding these types of relationships it wouldn't surprise me if they came up with this sloppy story for Tessa to try and get out from the whole storyline and in their minds sweep the whole story under the rug quickly.

I admit to kind of finding EB's tweets comical in a way. I guess the show has cut back on catering to him too and he's not handling it well. I'm not sure what else they can do with Victor as a leading man that hasn't been done at this point. If anything I've kind of enjoyed seeing less of him.

Oh, my comment wasn't aimed at you at all, and I hoped it didnt come across as such. You're right, some execs have tried to imply that gay relationships were the reason for low ratings across all three of those shows and not the shit writing for the other 90 percent of their shows.

To clarify: instead of catering to ever fan whim, the HWs need to write what they want and stick with it. Mal Young sure has been sticking to that Philly bullshit that's had backlash from day one, so why not Mariah and Tessa as well?

• Love 8
6 hours ago, spinxella said:

Me, after watching this jackhole run all over the last three showrunners and got Maria Bell to sign off on that gross AF Shictor we all forgot about until reading this sentence:

5b9737c2d2b89_Thankyouilovejustice.thumb.png.63b2abdd7b524256b082033b887add1e.png

Victor been needed to go at least ten years ago. Those weeks he was off the show in the early 2010s after rejecting the contract he was given were the best weeks at any point since Bill Bell stepped down and he was not missed by yours truly at all.

I will say I will miss Victor's office. Not because I'm nostalgic for seeing EB mumble his lines but it's one of the show's longest standing sets besides the Chancellor and Abbott homes and the Shick country cottage that Nick has finally gotten tired of (like, has he ever lived off Newman property at any point in his adult life?). But if this is the end of EB dictating his stories at the expense of everyone else, then....well. and if EB decides to walk and they kill the character off for good, all the better.

04c8f686-f423-48c2-ae2a-38e0804eec26.jpg.a81e3345d020b02e2d749536e25025df.jpg

• Love 13

Doug seems entitled, obnoxious, and unprofessional based off his tweetfest. He didnt mind it when history was being misconstrued as long as it gave him a storyline. Tweets reek of white male entitlement too especially when he was liking stuff about the latinos supposedly taking over.

• Love 1