Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Tippi said:

And the ugliness of not letting ED do some work at Days.  How come it was okay for Hunter King to do her other show and Y&R, but not Eileen?

HK’s prime time show is no competition for Y&R. Days is. Direct competitor. Why would any show runner allow an actor to compete and possibly hurt the ratings?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

HK’s prime time show is no competition for Y&R. Days is. Direct competitor. Why would any show runner allow an actor to compete and possibly hurt the ratings?

Except they did before, not all that long ago.  Eileen Davidson appeared on Days for an extended run in 2012 and then made a brief appearance in 2013.  And doesn't Sony own both shows?

• Love 10
3 hours ago, boes said:

Except they did before, not all that long ago.  Eileen Davidson appeared on Days for an extended run in 2012 and then made a brief appearance in 2013.  And doesn't Sony own both shows?

Sony owns both shows but in alot of markets DAYS is now in direct competition with Y&R airing at the same time as Y&R. It used to air later in my market but a couple of years ago they switched times.

• Love 2
On 8/30/2018 at 6:52 PM, peacheslatour said:

I wonder for how long? I'd like to see her return full time but this is probably just another one of Traci's drop in and scold.

Jess Walton returns as Jill Atkinson on September 24. Maybe JaJill will get to ride on the JaBoat.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

Jess Walton returns as Jill Atkinson on September 24. Maybe JaJill will get to ride on the JaBoat.

Oh oh.  I bet ButtBiscuit is in critical condition, coma maybe, another show where he can be a ghostly presence while his nearest and dearest wail about possibly losing him.

This will undoubtedly be the result of Kyle setting him up to gamble again, ButtBiscuit on a tear has probably, on a bet, tried to put Kyle's car up his nose.  Little did he know that Dummer had taken up residence in the same nostril and now, her crushed and broken, but still talking, remains are obstructing his airway.

It won't be helped that Phyllis, distraught with grief, has taken up residence in his remaining nasal passage.

Hope Jill's incessant screeching will jar everything lose and ButtBiscuit lives!!

• Love 16
3 hours ago, boes said:

Oh oh.  I bet ButtBiscuit is in critical condition, coma maybe, another show where he can be a ghostly presence while his nearest and dearest wail about possibly losing him.

This will undoubtedly be the result of Kyle setting him up to gamble again, ButtBiscuit on a tear has probably, on a bet, tried to put Kyle's car up his nose.  Little did he know that Dummer had taken up residence in the same nostril and now, her crushed and broken, but still talking, remains are obstructing his airway.

It won't be helped that Phyllis, distraught with grief, has taken up residence in his remaining nasal passage.

Hope Jill's incessant screeching will jar everything lose and ButtBiscuit lives!!

Still better than the actual show~

• Love 4
11 hours ago, boes said:

This will undoubtedly be the result of Kyle setting him up to gamble again, ButtBiscuit on a tear has probably, on a bet, tried to put Kyle's car up his nose.  Little did he know that Dummer had taken up residence in the same nostril and now, her crushed and broken, but still talking, remains are obstructing his airway

You almost had me.  As if Buttbiscuit’s nostril couldn’t function as a single car garage, a small but trendy studio apartment for Summer, and a Mucinex mascot production facility. Jaboes, please! 

• Love 10
20 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

So KSJ is a cradle robber. 

Naw, he's just a mail order bride customer. It's odd that someone with his looks and career would resort to a Russian Mail Order Bride sort of situation, or so it looks. And that ring...He went to Jared. Cheapskate.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, boes said:

As you said, ED was allowed even recently to do this. Sony produces both shows. The only difference today is that MY is the showrunner. Further proof that he does have a misogynistic bent. 

• Love 12

I could see a possibility of Days viewers seeing ED and thinking "ED looks great.  I haven't watched her on Y&R in years. Maybe I should check her out over there."  Could have helped the ratings a smidge.

It just strikes me as a petty, dickish little move to pull on a veteran actress, especially one who just won an Emmy.  

• Love 9

I know that KSJ has had a lot of sadness and worry in his life. I do hope that he’s found someone to love and support him now. I hope she doesn’t disappoint him but will hope the best for him.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Tippi said:

I could see a possibility of Days viewers seeing ED and thinking "ED looks great.  I haven't watched her on Y&R in years. Maybe I should check her out over there."  Could have helped the ratings a smidge.

It just strikes me as a petty, dickish little move to pull on a veteran actress, especially one who just won an Emmy.  

It didnt happen the last time she was on DAYS. On top of that the two shows air at the same time in many markets. The people still watching soaps are pretty much set in the soaps they want to watch. None of the actors who are moving between soaps are bringing a large amount of viewers with them. Those days are over. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

They should disown the guy standing next to the young lady.

Are you referring to who I think, though am not sure, is Dame Judi Dench?

The hair is a dead giveaway.

• Love 16

I don't mind the introduction of a new family.  Way back, the anchor families were the Brooks and Foster families.  That changed.  

I remember when watching OLTL they started to change the anchor families with the introduction of the Buchanans, and I was kind of annoyed.  But that brought in another era of storytelling.

I hope the Rosales family does the same.

But then, I am skeptical because of the shit writing!

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

I don't mind the introduction of a new family.  Way back, the anchor families were the Brooks and Foster families.  That changed.  

I remember when watching OLTL they started to change the anchor families with the introduction of the Buchanans, and I was kind of annoyed.  But that brought in another era of storytelling.

I hope the Rosales family does the same.

But then, I am skeptical because of the shit writing!

Lest we forget the F'ing Fords

still think it was stupid not to tie in with Mrs Martinez or Paul's desperate housewife

PS. I thought that was the mom for a sec....how did the get Dame Judy?....then I realized it was an old guy in a maternity shirt

• Love 8
10 hours ago, In2You said:

No! They better not cast her. Shes not even latino. Tired of her and her bad acting taking these roles shes not fit for.

She wasn't very convincing on Passions. I couldn't tell if it was because she was directed to be a hack or, if in fact, she was a hack.

It is convenient having a husband on a popular TV drama.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

She wasn't very convincing on Passions. I couldn't tell if it was because she was directed to be a hack or, if in fact, she was a hack.

It is convenient having a husband on a popular TV drama.

She was terrible on Passions, DAYS, and AMC. I have no urge to hear her struggle to pronounce Spanish words. 

Ex husband and he threw shade at her on tv before saying he got a good one this time with his new wife.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 3

HuffPo article says Les Moonves wanted to destroy Janet Jackson’s career after “wardrobe malfunction” incident

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/les-moonves-janet-jackson-career_us_5b919b8ce4b0511db3e0a269

“Jackson became a years-long fixation for Moonves after the so-called “wardrobe malfunction” of 2004, when her breast was exposed for nine-sixteenths of a second after Justin Timberlake tore a piece of fabric off her bustier during their Super Bowl halftime performance. CBS and MTV (a subsidiary of Viacom, the parent company of CBS at the time), which produced the halftime show, faced a torrent of criticism and a $550,000 Federal Communications Commission fine.

Jackson and Timberlake both said the incident was truly a malfunction ― that Timberlake was only meant to rip away the leather on Jackson’s bustier to reveal red lace, but instead ripped away everything, leaving her breast exposed to over 100 million Super Bowl fans.

Moonves, however, was convinced it wasn’t a malfunction, but rather an intentional bid to stir up controversy. Moonves has been open about the fact that the incident caused him embarrassment, and he told sources who spoke to me that Jackson, in his mind, was not sufficiently repentant.”

Edited by Capricasix
  • Love 6
On 8/28/2018 at 9:32 AM, KnotsLanding said:

The more troubling news is that they’re phasing our the Barber-Winters family and replacing them with the Rosales. Now it makes sense why they didn’t want to keep Hilary and for the record, Khalil was fired and won’t be seen. Let’s be real. TV Source also reported you won’t be seeing much of Devon and Neil and I imagine the rest of the  Ashby’s will likely be out as well. 

Late to this party, but the Winters family have been a hot mess since Drucilla got deep sixed. I know I should be more upset about the last black family in this genre being written out the show, but Lily is insufferable, Kneel swings between stuffy and sanctimonious to controlling as fuck (the Hillary kidnapping....sigh), and I've wanted Devon gone off the show since about 2006 because it's taken this long for the show to figure out anything with this character.

And Cane? He's the most useless one of the bunch. A proven liar who has built lies upon lies and somehow Lily continues to forgive him and Jill loves him more than her own son (granted, that son is Billy, but that's not the point and Cane isn't that much better). 

The twins? Eh. We need teens to round out the young set but I have no investment and it'll be easy enough to bring them back in a few years with or without the parents.

On 8/29/2018 at 1:41 PM, Toomuchsoap said:

But the more troubling aspect of this involves HK herself, and the fact that she agreed to come back to the show and then let Mal Young write her character as a flagrant sexual aggressor.

Peachslator beat me to it, but yeah. I'm FB friends with one of the PR agents who created Time's Up, and there's basically no place in Hollywood to escape this shit. And sometimes it takes crap like this to get a step up into something better.

Whatever I think of Hunter King as an actress, she shouldn't be run out of her career because of the actions of other people (or inaction, as the case may be). 

As for the rest of this...wow, that's um...a whole clusterfuck. Guess there was validity to Victoria Roswell's claims after all this time.

5 hours ago, Capricasix said:

HuffPo article says Les Moonves wanted to destroy Janet Jackson’s career after “wardrobe malfunction” incident

And this shit has pissed me off too. Timberlake got to perform at this last Super Bowl but she's still banned from ever performing. Good God. 

Good riddance to that old coot.

• Love 14

Good riddance to that old coot.

I'm thinking maybe that was the wrong "c" word to use in reference to him. Whatever, I'm still hoping his departure will lead to a whole succession of dominoes falling, however long it takes to get down to the individual show level. In this case it seems the rot really did start at the stop and too many of these guys have been protected long enough.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, spinxella said:

OAWlz8.jpg

I will pluck every errant hair out of Mal's ears and nose if this hack tries to tie Jack to that heffalump of a murdstone, Victor Newman.  With hot tweezers.  

And no jury will convict me.  

Except in Genoa City, of course.

• Love 24

Oh gosh. Imagine having Buttbiscuit or Victor as a brother. It’s like choosing between a barbed dildo or a taxidermied porcupine to pleasure yourself with. Why not just have a brief interlude every episode where some random dayplayer kicks Jack in the nuts. 

• Love 13