Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

A long time back I read that they didn't have a prenup.

Wonder what made them want officially divorce. They've clearly been leading separate lives for a long time now and the arrangement seemed to work for them so I'm curious what made them want to officially part ways. 

Maybe he is finally seeing that she is bad for business. Just a thought. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

Wonder what made them want officially divorce. They've clearly been leading separate lives for a long time now and the arrangement seemed to work for them so I'm curious what made them want to officially part ways. 

I wonder if Erika found a new man.  Because I agree with what you posted, they seemed to have a mutually beneficial arrangement going on.  Tom appeared to have no problem funding Erika's lifestyle after she put in her years as his wife.  

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

Maybe he found a younger model, lol.

I think Tom will be kind enough to give a very fair settlement but savvy enough to not give her enough to employ that full time horrible glam team that has been making her look foolish at times.   My prediction is she does not want Tom's house but will live a glamorous life in a luxury home in the hills and will keep that apartment she has in the city.  

Will  Erika's son still get to live in Tom's guest house?  

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

I am surprise, because Erika appeared to actually love Tom and showed him the utmost respect.  It's been long rumored that he owes a lot of money to the IRS and other debtors.  So, I have a feeling it's about protecting assets - hers.  

• Useful 10
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I am surprise, because Erika appeared to actually love Tom and showed him the utmost respect.  It's been long rumored that he owes a lot of money to the IRS and other debtors.  So, I have a feeling it's about protecting assets - hers.  

if he owed when they were married, she owes it too.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 7

I heard on Sharell's World that Tom just got slapped with another lawsuit (makes 3, I think). Maybe Erika sees the beginning of the end as far as her lavish lifestyle, as financed by Tom, goes. 

I wonder if there will be anything left to settle on her?

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Really? That doesn’t seem fair.

I imagine it just means if he has assets of $50 million (no idea, just throwing out a number) but has debts of $60 million, she also has negative net assets.  She can't use money he doesn't have.  And I bet she is not happy about this.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
Just now, heatherchandler said:

I imagine it just means if he has assets of $50 million (no idea, just throwing out a number) but has debts of $60 million, she also has a negative net asset value.  She can't use money he doesn't have.  And I bet she is not happy about this.

Agree. Regarding what's fair if your husband owes, I don't know as far as money the women make themselves. Now if Tom or PK are spending loads of money on glam, cars, and whatnot, I don't think that's right personally. Pay back the people you owe before you and your family try living like you're royalty. 

38 minutes ago, amarante said:

I agree that the dissolution is going to be a dissolution of a business arrangement and what makes financial sense for the parties.

I suspect that the Girardi law firm is a house of financial cards and Tom isn't as solvent as he used to be.

By separating legally, Erika has now protected everything she earns from the date of the legal separation. Since California is a community property state, Erika's earnings could be used to pay off Tom's creditors.

I could be wrong but Erika didn't strike me as someone who was particularly sexual. She impersonated someone sexual but to me it was a facade. I can't see her divorcing or marrying someone for love or hot sex.

I agree. I don't think women who are particularly sexual marry men THAT much older than them. I think Erika enjoys being beautiful and looking sexy, but that she's just fine if she goes without sex. I think Camille was kind of like that. She enjoyed the lifestyle with Kelsey and was okay with it not ever being hot and heavy, but she gave the impression that she missed sex. 

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I imagine it just means if he has assets of $50 million (no idea, just throwing out a number) but has debts of $60 million, she also has negative net assets.  She can't use money he doesn't have.  And I bet she is not happy about this.

I thought that only debts and assets accrued after the marriage counted - not things like student loans etc. accrued as single people.

• Love 6

The recent Blind Gossip about a west coast housewife getting a divorce said the husband had been seeing another woman. Tom and Erika divorcing is no surprise but Tom seeing another woman would really surprise me. 

Hope Erika gives Mikey and the glam squad good references.....

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I thought that only debts and assets accrued after the marriage counted - not things like student loans etc. accrued as single people.

Right, but if he is broke, it doesn't matter when he made any of the money, there is nothing for her to get.  If he owes money, and it is more than he has, there won't be anything to give to her in the divorce.  I don't have a clue if he has any money left, or not.  He has the jets and the house, but how much will he owe to all of these lawsuits?  She must see the writing on the wall, and hopes to grab some of that cash before he goes belly up.  If true, lovely woman!

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

After much consideration, I have decided to end my marriage to Tom Girardi,” she said. ... from that wording it doesn't seem like its a mutual thing but something she decided to do.. normally in these things they say We not I ....

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Pop! Six! Squish! Uh uh! Cicero, Lipschitz!

..........Girardi!

You break that hip one more time... and he did ... he had it coming, he had it coming. He only had himself to blame 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 22
39 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

That's one way to create a storyline and gather sympathy.

I for one am going to insist on all the details and more importantly, the Truth! Just Be Honest, Erika! What really happened? Rumour is that you had an affair.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Erika’s explanation for there nit being a prenup made no sense. She claimed there wasn’t one because Tom was such a shrewd lawyer that he could have wiggled out of the prenup anyway. 

Generally a prenup protects the assets of the wealthier spouse so it would be Erika who would have tried to have a prenup nullified. 

Edited by amarante
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

I agree, this was actually a surprise to me.  They’ve been married a long time, no pre-nup, he’s not getting younger (sorry, he’s not), so I figured even at this point she would just wait it out, they’ve lived pretty separate lives it’s seemed.  They also did seem to have a cordial relationship, not affectionate by any means, but I can believe at one time they very much enjoyed each other’s company and now they enjoy each other’s companionship at least.   Will be interesting to see how much she opens up about this.  I’m guessing not much.

• Love 8
On 10/1/2020 at 5:52 PM, suomi said:

Third lawsuit since 2019.

Sept 30, 2020

The Law Office of Robert P. Finn says they referred all the clients to Thomas and his law firm. The two firms agreed to represent the clients together and split the fees 50/50. The plaintiff was also to be reimbursed for all costs incurred by Plaintiff.

The TXI cases were “ultimately resolved with a cash settlement, and Defendants received fees, 50% of which should have been held in trust for Plaintiff in addition to the amount owed by Plaintiff for costs. Rather than honoring their obligation under the contract to pay Plaintiff 50% of fees plus costs due Plaintiff, Defendants kept the money for themselves.”

https://theblast.com/143965/rhobh-star-erika-jaynes-husband-hit-with-fraud-lawsuit

Edited by suomi
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Well, this certainly gives Erika an actual storyline for next season. Lol 

Fans will likely see Erika’s divorce play out on season 11 of RHOBH, which is currently filming.

^^^ From the us magazine article.  I'm in 😄 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

Wasn't he involved in some lawsuit? Not as part of his job, but being sued? This could be a play to protect assets.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I feel like I should be sorry about this but I'm not.  She lives with a permanent sneer on her face.  Sooner or later we'll know the reason for the move.

As a 62 YO, I feel sorrier for Tom.  He doesn't have many more years to chase happiness.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, suomi said:

OK, here is a fourth lawsuit because the one above that I posted on Oct 1 is the third one since 2019. (In that one he is accused of stealing funds from other attys in a shared action).

Now a widow is suing him for fraud because he won a wrongful death lawsuit re her husband's death and then jacked his fee, which decreased the amount she received. 

Oct 29, 2020:

https://theblast.com/146488/rhobh-star-erika-jaynes-husband-sued-by-a-widow-for-fraud

Edited by suomi
clarity
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think Tom will be kind enough to give a very fair settlement but savvy enough to not give her enough to employ that full time horrible glam team that has been making her look foolish at times. 

She should let everyone go but the makeup artist. Her makeup is usually flawless, especially her foundation. 

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

She should let everyone go but the makeup artist. Her makeup is usually flawless, especially her foundation. 

Her foundation is flawless because she has a perfect canvas.  Her skin is magnificent which is a product of genetics and an A+ dermatologist.

• Love 9

Count me in as someone who was actually shocked.  I'm in the same boat as other posters - it's not like I thought they had some great love affair, but it did seem like what they had was working for them.  I also haven't ever gotten the impression that she's been sweating not getting sex, and I've never gotten the impression she needs male validation, at least in a sexual way.  I truly thought they would stay together until he died.  I'd be very interested in knowing what's going on, because I don't think it's as simple as Erika waking up one day and just being like, hhhmmmh, I don't feel like being married anymore.  Her marriage didn't seem to be holding her back from anything, she seemed to genuinely like Tom.  It strikes me as odd, and I wonder if we will get any idea of what is really behind this.

• Love 21
35 minutes ago, lasu said:

I wonder if we will get any idea of what is really behind this.

I certainly hope so. Because on this show you put your life out there and you own it, baby. It comes with the territory and everyone knows that. Not the first season but eventually. First you play and then you pay. Everyone knows that. 

Wait, were we not talking about Denise? Never mind, then. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

So, one of the online gossip sights the other day reported on Kyle, Dorit and Rinna going out to dinner to "plan how to take down Garcelle this season" (their speculation of course). I found it odd that Erika was not with them, and now I wonder if they were meeting about Erika.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Her foundation is flawless because she has a perfect canvas.  Her skin is magnificent which is a product of genetics and an A+ dermatologist.

Yeah and lifestyle. Erika says she eats healthy and she sleeps on her back like Sleeping Beauty. I wish I could sleep on my back! I'm envious of those who sleep peacefully. It's so much more comfortable to sleep on my side/tummy even though I know it's not the best for my skin. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Yeah and lifestyle. Erika says she eats healthy and she sleeps on her back like Sleeping Beauty. I wish I could sleep on my back! I'm envious of those who sleep peacefully. It's so much more comfortable to sleep on my side/tummy even though I know it's not the best for my skin. 

It took six months and using a special pillow but I trained myself to sleep on my back. I was starting to get lines on one side of my face from side sleeping. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, lasu said:

It strikes me as odd, and I wonder if we will get any idea of what is really behind this.

I’m not going to hold my breath.  She’s already made the universal “please respect our privacy” statement and I would guess on the show she will have complete control over the narrative (meaning nothing but surface info and canned responses).  She will probably be all like “my attorney says I can’t discuss.”  Which could be true, but she will hide behind it just like they all did about their various lawsuits.  Who knows tho 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

It took six months and using a special pillow but I trained myself to sleep on my back. I was starting to get lines on one side of my face from side sleeping. 

Do you remember the name of the pillow you purchased? I have tried several different ones and still struggle sleeping on my back! They do help me get more comfortable on my side though. So does putting a pillow in between my legs, but I always end up moving around in my sleep and still sometimes sleep on my stomach. Maybe it's because I'm an insomniac who tosses and turns, IDK. 

• Love 2

Yeah, I would really love the names of her dermatologist, plastic surgeon, and skincare products. She really does have flawless skin. 

I'm a little surprised at the divorce news, too, but I guess it makes sense if Tom is becoming overwhelmed by lawsuits and Erika wants to protect herself financially (because, let's be real, she is almost definitely going to outlive him). She is really going to need the Housewives paycheck and I'll be interested to see how she has to cut down on expenses. She always brags about coming from nothing and surviving, but I'll bet it's real hard to go back to a budget after living on someone else's money for all these years. 

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Yeah, I would really love the names of her dermatologist, plastic surgeon, and skincare products. She really does have flawless skin. 

I'm a little surprised at the divorce news, too, but I guess it makes sense if Tom is becoming overwhelmed by lawsuits and Erika wants to protect herself financially (because, let's be real, she is almost definitely going to outlive him). She is really going to need the Housewives paycheck and I'll be interested to see how she has to cut down on expenses. She always brags about coming from nothing and surviving, but I'll bet it's real hard to go back to a budget after living on someone else's money for all these years. 

Her skin is the best! I am all for doing everything to make the most of your looks, but I still think a lot of her spending is pretty ridiculous. The best plastic surgeons and dermatologists and skincare products are worth it, but to spend tends of thousands of dollars each month on glam and only like "shit that's expensive" to wear all the time is not imo. A lot of it is unnecessary to be beautiful and stylish. I love it when rich folks at least mix high and low end rather than wear designer head to toe every day. I think even if I were wealthy, I'd still enjoy the fun of a treasure hunt when shopping. I'd find it more gratifying than just quickly finding nice designer things. 

• Love 10
21 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Has it even been confirmed that Erika is returning this season? I mean, PK spilled it but is it true. Will Rinna make her own it??? 

I really, really, really hope that Rinna tries grilling Erika for info and to "put it all out there" on TV and Erika slays her - with that evil death-ray Erika has, with coldly and menacingly quiet words spoken and maybe just a stiletto kick to the side of Rinna's head for good measure!!!  (I am not a violent person, but I would pay to see that!)  

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Do you remember the name of the pillow you purchased? I have tried several different ones and still struggle sleeping on my back! They do help me get more comfortable on my side though. So does putting a pillow in between my legs, but I always end up moving around in my sleep and still sometimes sleep on my stomach. Maybe it's because I'm an insomniac who tosses and turns, IDK. 

I think it was from sleep time products? I’ll have a look when I get home. I purchased it after watching hotandflashy on YouTube. I’m over a decade younger than her demographic but she’s full of great tips, looks amazing and is the reason I became more diligent with my Retin-A. One funny thing is every once in a while I’ll roll on my side and when I wake up in the morning I see the difference in my face. Eye bags and puffiness. It’s shocking what a difference sleeping on your back makes. 

1 hour ago, emma675 said:

Me too! Her skin is amazing! But I’m very curious to see what her life will be like without all the excess. 

1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Her skin is the best! I am all for doing everything to make the most of your looks, but I still think a lot of her spending is pretty ridiculous. The best plastic surgeons and dermatologists and skincare products are worth it, but to spend tends of thousands of dollars each month on glam and only like "shit that's expensive" to wear all the time is not imo. A lot of it is unnecessary to be beautiful and stylish. I love it when rich folks at least mix high and low end rather than wear designer head to toe every day. I think even if I were wealthy, I'd still enjoy the fun of a treasure hunt when shopping. I'd find it more gratifying than just quickly finding nice designer things. 

Me too! Back sleeping, retin a, moisturizer and a good sunscreen work miracles as well as regular facials. But so much of the excess of Erika seems to be excess just for the sake of it. You know? It’s not like she’s mixing a Birkin with a TopShop dress. Or even like our fave Holly M wearing a $50 Juicy dress with a $2,300 LV bag. It’s all excess for excess’ sake. And I find that kind of awful. 

15 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I really, really, really hope that Rinna tries grilling Erika for info and to "put it all out there" on TV and Erika slays her - with that evil death-ray Erika has, with coldly and menacingly quiet words spoken and maybe just a stiletto kick to the side of Rinna's head for good measure!!!  (I am not a violent person, but I would pay to see that!)  

YES! 

Edited by LemonSoda
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

I think it was from sleep time products? I’ll have a look when I get home. I purchased it after watching hotandflashy on YouTube. I’m over a decade younger than her demographic but she’s full of great tips, looks amazing and is the reason I became more diligent with my Retin-A. One funny thing is every once in a while I’ll roll on my side and when I wake up in the morning I see the difference in my face. Eye bags and puffiness. It’s shocking what a difference sleeping on your back makes. 

Me too! Her skin is amazing! But I’m very curious to see what her life will be like without all the excess. 

Me too! Back sleeping, retin a, moisturizer and a good sunscreen work miracles as well as regular facials. But so much of the excess of Erika seems to be excess just for the sake of it. You know? It’s not like she’s mixing a Birkin with a TopShop dress. Or even like our fave Holly M wearing a $50 Juicy dress with a $2,300 LV bag. It’s all excess for excess’ sake. And I find that kind of awful. 

YES! 

Ooh thank you so much! I'll have to check out hotandflashy as well. I've been using Retin-A for awhile now too. I eat a lot of junk food and struggle sleeping, but thanks to genetics and basic things like the Retin-A and sunscreen, my skin is aging very well EXCEPT for my eye area, and I think the top reason is my sleeping. I'm thinking about seeing if I can get a dermatologist to treat my bags with lasers, but I know if I don't change my sleep whatever is done won't last. Because I still look so young I'm scared of doing anything drastic and looking worse rather than better. 

I am too! Erika said once in an interview that she could live more simply if she had to. I'm also really curious about who she'll date after Tom. Will she still want a man with a ton of money? Is old, rich and bald really her type? lol Does she miss romance and sex with a man closer to her age? It will be interesting.

Yes, money helps of course, but there are lots of people who still age very well just from healthy lifestyles and basic skin care that isn't very expensive. Sometimes rich ladies actually look worse because they take getting work done too far. I think both Erika and Dorit are into excess just for the sake of it. I love watching them because they're so glamorous, but I don't see the point in being so extra every day. I definitely love how Holly has always mixed high-end and low-end! That's one thing I actually found endearing about the GND show. The girls admitted they weren't rich (at least at the time) and had budgets despite being girlfriends and starting the show. Their lives were very fun and glamorous, but they still wore Forever 21, Hot Topic, Target, Steve Madden, etc. 

• Love 4

I knew as soon as garcelle asked Erica about the sex and she was basically like...well, you know Tom's old...this marriage was doomed. In the past she made it seem like there was no shame in Tom's game and he was pretty spry for an old guy. Since he looks like he has the prowess of a potato, I didn't believe her,  but she cared enough to try to make it out like Tom was keeping the puss happy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

That was a classic moment. Erika could not believe that Garcelle went there! I like watching people lie, I like getting a feel for how they do it and then running earlier scenes past the truth meter. 

Erika is a very good liar. She stumbled a bit with the "I have a mouthful" delayed response but quickly went smooth and wide-eyed.  

Rinna is a very, very good liar, it comes naturally. Kyle is a shitty liar but she's also dumb as a box of rocks and that gets in the way. Dorit is a lousy liar because she totally goes overboard with being disingenuous. Camille stresses out over being a convincing liar and the stress gives her away. Kim is a good liar most of the time and doesn't give a shit about it when she isn't. Taylor goes bug-eyed when she lies. Denise tries too hard when she lies. Garcellle doesn't lie, sometimes she just doesn't tell the truth. LVP, as much I adore her, is a great liar.

Who am I forgetting?

Edited by suomi
added on
  • Love 11