Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:03 PM, SCS said:

But if that's how she remembers it and how she views her role from that era, why shouldn't she? I figure if -- 

~Ramona can call herself hot and

~Luann can call herself refined and

~Tamra can call herself a victim and

~Nene can call herself rich and

~Porsha can call herself a worthy legacy and

~Kim R can call herself sober, then 

-- Erika can call herself a single mother. I don't especially care what these kooks call themselves as long as I am entertained. MMV and all that, eh wot?

But most of us laugh at them for these pretensions.....  But I agree with liking the entertainment!

• Love 7
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:03 PM, SCS said:

But if that's how she remembers it and how she views her role from that era, why shouldn't she? I figure if -- 

-- Erika can call herself a single mother. I don't especially care what these kooks call themselves as long as I am entertained. MMV and all that, eh wot?

~ if Kenya can call herself beautiful

Edited by DrSparkles
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

~ if Kenya can call herself beautiful

Sad, innit? Kenya actually is quite beautiful until she opens her mouth and the poisons pour forth. Years ago, (I think at a reunion) Porsha called Kenya "septic mouth" or something like that. At the time I thought it referred to an, um, serious oral hygiene problem plaguing Kenya; however, after seasons of K's never-ending spew, maybe Porsha was simply using evocative language.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SCS said:

Sad, innit? Kenya actually is quite beautiful until she opens her mouth and the poisons pour forth. Years ago, (I think at a reunion) Porsha called Kenya "septic mouth" or something like that. At the time I thought it referred to an, um, serious oral hygiene problem plaguing Kenya; however, after seasons of K's never-ending spew, maybe Porsha was simply using evocative language.

Hmmm. I don't think Porsha would know the word "septic," and I doubt she would understand the phrase "evocative language." Could it have been Phaedra?

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, jennylauren123 said:

Hmmm. I don't think Porsha would know the word "septic," and I doubt she would understand the phrase "evocative language." Could it have been Phaedra?

LOL, working backwards, I paused when typing "evocative", thinking it would befuddle Porsha  (actually, so would "befuddle", heehee.) But I'm pretty sure she's the one who used "septic" in regard to Kenya's mouth. It actually shut Kenya down for a (very) few minutes.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SCS said:

LOL, working backwards, I paused when typing "evocative", thinking it would befuddle Porsha  (actually, so would "befuddle", heehee.) But I'm pretty sure she's the one who used "septic" in regard to Kenya's mouth. It actually shut Kenya down for a (very) few minutes.

This is a woman who doesn't even have the basic understanding of historical events that even  most 4th graders understand.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ladle said:

I realized this season that Erika's sycophant Mikey resembles a white Drake, and now I can't unsee it. 

Goddamn you, now I can't unsee it either! I don't consider either of them a looker so please excuse me while I gouge out my eyes.

• Love 3

That was pretty funny. It shows she CAN laugh at herself, at least a little. I loved the looks she was getting from the people in the cubicles. I wonder if they were all told that the video was being made—those looked like natural reactions.

• Love 3

That was hilarious.  I love a lot of what Vogue is doing on the digital end (check out Reese’s 40 questions) but they really tapped into a great part of Ericka, IMO.  I think she is funny and probably plays up the drama for the show but if you were her friend and hanging out with her, you’d get more of the Vogue personality. 

• Love 1

That's a FUNNY video starring Erika!  Except for a touch of over-acting, that lady  can act!  Did I just call Erika a LADY???! 

I like Erika's husband, but I think he married her because she's a daughter figure in his eyes, plus he gets the sex.

• Love 2
On 3/26/2018 at 3:27 PM, biakbiak said:

In her interviews about her book she stated she has no female friends and perfers to hang with "queens" so it at least the female part wasn't in the context of the show. Also, most of the "queens" she hangs out with appear to be on her payroll.

Correct.  And they likely throw rose petals at her feet and give her steady affirmation of her fabulousness.

For pay.

The two Erikas.

erika.jpg

ej2.jpg

For me, the former is far more attractive and approachable than the latter.  But I'm not part of a glam squad.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 20
On 3/27/2018 at 8:00 AM, Pickles said:

There is actually a funny video on Page Six of Erika spending a day working at Vogue. It is all scripted, of course, but Erika does a good job with comedy.

That was pretty funny - it reminded me of that movie Intern with Dominique Swain.

Please.

This is just desperate attempt to try and appear normal after showing us you're a cold, rude, diva wannabe, bitch.

I'm not going to watch it but the article said she was a new member and this was her first time there... It was an filmed publicity stunt for her Instagram.. Bet she's one and done and she'll give the card to her house keeper. I can see Teddi going to Costco, even Kyle and believe they goto shop themselves. 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/the-feast/erika-girardi-shopping-at-costco-pictures?amp

• Love 11

Has anyone else seen this floating around? They are from a facebook group I browse. Although the claims to veracity on the 2nd page are still a long way from rock solid ie. 'i heard it from my...'. Rumours have been going around for a while and if they have an arrangement, good for them. He's no spring chicken, Tom. Maybe it's just easier for him not to divorce Erika.

erikag.jpg

erikag1.jpg

• Love 6

I don't in any way doubt that she would be a nightmare to live with, a nightmare that he helped create btw.  I'm sure if any of ^this^ is true, it would fall under the "cheaper to keep her" category.  She has often stated that there was no prenup hasn't she? (or am I thinking of some other thot...er housewife?)  If so, it would be definitely cheaper to keep her than to divorce.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I don't in any way doubt that she would be a nightmare to live with, a nightmare that he helped create btw.  I'm sure if any of ^this^ is true, it would fall under the "cheaper to keep her" category.  She has often stated that there was no prenup hasn't she? (or am I thinking of some other thot...er housewife?)  If so, it would be definitely cheaper to keep her than to divorce.

They've been married for 19 freaking years. That's got to be a fairly massive divorce settlement. The man is almost 80.

Remember when racist former owner of the Clippers, Donald Sterling, tried to divorce his wife, Shelly, from whom he had been estranged since 2012. He was all gung ho to divorce her in 2015 until, I'm sure, someone reminded him that he'd been married to Shelly since 1955, he was worth $3.5 billion, and they were both in their freaking 80s. Just let it go. Which tells you how much J.A. "Old Man" Morgan was done with Sonja because he divorced her when he was in his late 70s. He's 88 now.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Is CA a community property state?  Without a prenup, what is Erica due in the event of a divorce?

It is. Erika would be entitled to 50% of the value of the assets acquired during the marriage.*

*I will say that I've never taken a family law class and only learned enough to pass the bar.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It is. Erika would be entitled to 50% of the value of the assets acquired during the marriage.*

*I will say that I've never taken a family law class and only learned enough to pass the bar.

Not only that, when a marriage is 10 years or longer in California the court automatically continues to retain jurisdiction after the marriage has dissolved. This means that it's much easier to have alimony extended. In a short-term marriage, alimony is usually awarded for half the length of the marriage, and once the divorce is final the court does not maintain jurisdiction so it's more difficult to get the court to revise this length of time. Also, in a long term marriage the court might decide the spouse will never be able to support themselves and award alimony for a longer period of time up front, sometimes for life. It doesn't happen automatically at the 10 year mark as some people believe but it's much more likely to happen. This is rumored to be why Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman dissolved their marriage just shy of their 10 year anniversary.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, glowbug said:

It doesn't happen automatically at the 10 year mark as some people believe but it's much more likely to happen. This is rumored to be why Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman dissolved their marriage just shy of their 10 year anniversary.

Yeah. Didn't he allege that they became estranged at 9 years and 364 days of marriage or some other nonsense?

• Love 6
On 3/26/2018 at 4:03 PM, SCS said:

None of those things personally insults me though and I like or dislike Housewives on very personal criteria, as I think most people do. She didn't scrimp, go without, or curtail her personal activities, it appears, in any way for her child. And I do every day. It's a big fuck you, her claiming single parenthood.

Not everyone is cut out for it, and that's okay, but don't retroactively claim a title you didn't earn because you think it makes you look better.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 8

Wonder what Erika and Leanne are talkin' about? Apparently backstage, somewhere.  Nice venue, Erika.

Arena? Community Center?

Erika's face says " I've been downgraded to solo cups, Leanne and smashed lamp shades". 
Leanne " Hey guuurl, You think you had it bad growin' up? I growed up in a carnival. You seen my Infinity Dress?"

9djgeeewkhq11.jpg.f5d4f753ccd081a600586f4f1a770ffb.jpg

Edited by Happy Camper
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 10/5/2018 at 11:01 PM, Happy Camper said:

Wonder what Erika and Leanne are talkin' about? Apparently backstage, somewhere.  Nice venue, Erika.

Arena? Community Center?

Erika's face says " I've been downgraded to solo cups, Leanne and smashed lamp shades". 
Leanne " Hey guuurl, You think you had it bad growin' up? I growed up in a carnival. You seen my Infinity Dress?"

9djgeeewkhq11.jpg.f5d4f753ccd081a600586f4f1a770ffb.jpg

My great grandmother, had that flat black hair Leanne is sporting till the day she died at 98 years old. She dyed it herself. Leanne's hair looks about the same. Dude, switch it up.

Erica looks like a gossipy and judgemental housefrou, desperately trying to hold on.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

My great grandmother, had that flat black hair Leanne is sporting till the day she died at 98 years old. She dyed it herself. Leanne's hair looks about the same. Dude, switch it up.

Erica looks like a gossipy and judgemental housefrou, desperately trying to hold on.

I think that your great grandmother sounds like a very interesting lady. I think I would have liked her.

• Love 5
On 9/24/2018 at 4:07 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

None of those things personally insults me though and I like or dislike Housewives on very personal criteria, as I think most people do. She didn't scrimp, go without, or curtail her personal activities, it appears, in any way for her child. And I do every day. It's a big fuck you, her claiming single parenthood.

Not everyone is cut out for it, and that's okay, but don't retroactively claim a title you didn't earn because you think it makes you look better.

But if that's how Erika views herself and feels it's an accurate description of her years raising her son then she's entitled to call herself whatever she wants. Conversely, you (the collective "you") are entitled to say "poo on that!" MV. 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, SCS said:

But if that's how Erika views herself and feels it's an accurate description of her years raising her son then she's entitled to call herself whatever she wants. Conversely, you (the collective "you") are entitled to say "poo on that!" MV. 

I think the bold part is the issue. Her son was being raised by his father on the opposite coast. Erika was working as a hostess in LA while her 3 year old was in New York with his dad. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

I think the bold part is the issue. Her son was being raised by his father on the opposite coast. Erika was working as a hostess in LA while her 3 year old was in New York with his dad. 

But it seems that's Ericka's definition of a single parent, and if she has a good relationship with her son all these years later and her words don't impact anyone else in a primary sense then I can't really see an issue.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SCS said:

But it seems that's Ericka's definition of a single parent, and if she has a good relationship with her son all these years later and her words don't impact anyone else in a primary sense then I can't really see an issue.

Just because that's how she's chosen to define it, doesn't make it true. People are in love with their alternative facts.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Just because that's how she's chosen to define it, doesn't make it true. People are in love with their alternative facts.

It's her truth -- which makes it true for her. 

1 hour ago, SCS said:

We don't have any evidence of her having a great relationship with her son, except for what she says. I have seen websites that state that he does not even live with her, that she had lied about that.

I feel sorry for her son, being caught in the middle of this.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, SCS said:

I get what you're saying, but that makes it no less insulting to me, a single mother of a 12 year old on the Spectrum who identifies as genderless and who I am solely responsible for, roughly 358 days a year, on average. 

By her definition, my ex is a single dad as well. Not that even he is that big of douche to identify as such. Just because she claims it as her "truth" doesn't make it any less bullshit and deeply insulting. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 18
10 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I get what you're saying, but that makes it no less insulting to me, a single mother of a 12 year old on the Spectrum who identifies as genderless and who I am solely responsible for, roughly 358 days a year, on average. 

By her definition, my ex is a single dad as well. Not that even he is that big of douche to identify as such. Just because she claims it as her "truth" doesn't make it any less bullshit and deeply insulting. 

And I do see your point. Erika would probably do better to describe herself as "a divorced (or separated) mother" than a "single" mother but we have only her take on it  -- at least til the ex or the son write a tell all, eh?

On a personal non-snarky note, I am sorry your family situation is so challenging and hope you have a support system to help with the tough times.

• Love 6