Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

This Showdazzle endorsement is a load of crap- she's such a label-whore, she wouldn't be caught dead in affordable shoes.

I agree, but in my head, celebrity/expert endorsements have absolutely no bearing on whether or not the endorser actually uses the product.  Don't know if they ever did, but they definitely don't any more.  Obviously, there is a large percentage of consumers that are swayed by these ads, or folks wouldn't pay big bucks to the endorsers.  The research must bear it out.

• Love 1
On 1/3/2019 at 3:47 PM, Drumpf1737 said:

If EJ's son was living with his Dad at 3 where did he live from infancy to 3? 

Erika divorced her first husband, her son's father, when her son was 18 months old. So I presume their son was living with both of his parents until then. They probably alternated between Erika and her ex after that until Erika decided to decamp to California.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 2

It's wild watching her first season (doing a rewatch via Hulu) - how more often than not, at least earlier in the season, Erika G was in the house. Slowly as the season progressed we see more Erika J. And now it's all Erika J. Not a fan of her EJ persona - never have been, never will be. I wish EG would come back - her, I didn't mind. Dare I say I liked her. I liked how she stuck up for Yolanda. I like how she wasn't snowed by the other ladies and would stand up to them. EG on the other hand is just one of the flock. I'm disappointed she'll be back - but maybe she'll surprise me and be less EJ all the darn time, but I doubt it. Sigh.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, BodhiGurl said:

It's wild watching her first season (doing a rewatch via Hulu) - how more often than not, at least earlier in the season, Erika G was in the house. Slowly as the season progressed we see more Erika J. And now it's all Erika J. Not a fan of her EJ persona - never have been, never will be. I wish EG would come back - her, I didn't mind. Dare I say I liked her. I liked how she stuck up for Yolanda. I like how she wasn't snowed by the other ladies and would stand up to them. EG on the other hand is just one of the flock. I'm disappointed she'll be back - but maybe she'll surprise me and be less EJ all the darn time, but I doubt it. Sigh.

Erika G was actually interesting.

• Love 15
42 minutes ago, bagger said:

Looks cheap and cheesy just like her

...but it will be Expen$ive. (Not joking, it will totally be overpriced.)

I don’t know who the audience for this will be. Peoples’ comments have not been positive.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
10 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

...but it will be Expen$ive. (Not joking, it will totally be overpriced.)

I don’t know who the audience for this will be. Peoples’ comments have not been positive.

I was wondering that too. Isn't Erika Jayne's audience mostly gay men? Does she have enough of a following among the makeup wearing population for this to make sense? Maybe I underestimate her popularity.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I was wondering that too. Isn't Erika Jayne's audience mostly gay men? Does she have enough of a following among the makeup wearing population for this to make sense? Maybe I underestimate her popularity.

And even if you like her on the show... it doesn’t really follow that you want to buy lip plumper called “DSL” or “Pat the Puss” body glitter, in general or just because it’s her.

It’s an odd match for Too Faced fans too—it just doesn’t seem like something they’ll get excited over, either because of EJ or because of the colors and products. I love Too Faced but my favorite products have honestly been their peach foundation, Hangover primer, their matte liquid lipstick, and some of their eye shadows. They do neutral with a little sparkle really well—and lately they’ve done too much of this super sparkly stuff, in this kind of colorway. 

It’s a huge rollout and personally I think they should have kept up the Better Than Sex mascara spokesperson relationship and maybe released a lip kit or two. I’m sure it’s limited edition but still.

All this said I still think she’s a good match with the brand! But this is A LOT.

• Love 6

Rewatching last season - and not that I didn't already know this but since I've not seen it in a while I kind of forgot just how true this is - Erika is SOOOO extra! Like all. the. time. Ugh. Not holding my breath but hopefully this season she's knocked her extra-ness down a little. Where is the Erika that wears an adidas track suit for a flight (aka, sensible and down to earth)? She's always ON. Blah. I really wish her and Dorito weren't coming back. Lawd.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

Rewatching last season - and not that I didn't already know this but since I've not seen it in a while I kind of forgot just how true this is - Erika is SOOOO extra! Like all. the. time. Ugh. Not holding my breath but hopefully this season she's knocked her extra-ness down a little. Where is the Erika that wears an adidas track suit for a flight (aka, sensible and down to earth)? She's always ON. Blah. I really wish her and Dorito weren't coming back. Lawd.

I haven't watched a whole lot since Dorit was cast, so I don't have the animosity for her that many do, but Erika wore me out early in her 2nd season.  You're right, she's always auditioning, even after she's landed the gig.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, mayvenne said:

Re the makeup line- what do I know? It sure looks like it's a big miscalculation but I guess time will tell. When is the launch? (or do we have to wait for the hype on the tv shows coming up?). so trashy

February 12. Same day as season premiere 😉

• LOL 2

I was in Ulta today and happened upon the Too Faced/Erika Jayne collaboration shat show - I was... underwhelmed... also - all the glittery aspects seems wildly off base given Erika is well into her 40's and the glittery thing is generally not something us older gals do - as it can accentuate wrinkles and what not... BUT - I guess for EG's alter ego EJ it's ok -and given she's been botoxed to the max, it can work... anywho... the display was underwhelming as well. I see it being on clearance in the future.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

I was in Ulta today and happened upon the Too Faced/Erika Jayne collaboration shat show - I was... underwhelmed... also - all the glittery aspects seems wildly off base given Erika is well into her 40's and the glittery thing is generally not something us older gals do - as it can accentuate wrinkles and what not... BUT - I guess for EG's alter ego EJ it's ok -and given she's been botoxed to the max, it can work... anywho... the display was underwhelming as well. I see it being on clearance in the future.

Drag queens might go for it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Just came here to mention the cosmetic line too.  Gosh I am younger than EJ and find this packaging and line to be too young and cheap-looking for me.

So maybe it's geared toward well-to-do teens who can afford more than Maybelline but - DSL lipgloss?? Not to sound like a pearl-clutching old lady but is this something you'd want your teenage daughter to buy?

I don't mind Too Faced as a brand - that Better Than Sex mascara really is great! - but this EJ line is just a big no.  It's cheap-looking despite the dollar sign on the powder highlighter.

• Love 9

I’m watching the finale for last season and Erica seems a little asexual to me. She tries to be sexy and provocative but to me it comes off as an act. I don’t think she’s seen any real action in years. Ostky. Evause I don’t really think she’s interested.

• Love 16
39 minutes ago, bagger said:

I’m watching the finale for last season and Erica seems a little asexual to me. She tries to be sexy and provocative but to me it comes off as an act. I don’t think she’s seen any real action in years. Ostky. Evause I don’t really think she’s interested.

Agreed - sometimes she doesn’t even seem quite human. Frozen.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, bagger said:

I’m watching the finale for last season and Erica seems a little asexual to me. She tries to be sexy and provocative but to me it comes off as an act. I don’t think she’s seen any real action in years. I don’t really think she’s interested.

I totally agree. On stage, she performs the dance moves very robotically. 

• Love 6
On 2/19/2019 at 7:16 AM, Kiki777 said:

Not to sound like a pearl-clutching old lady but is this something you'd want your teenage daughter to buy?

I'm not a pearl-clutching old lady either, but I wouldn't expect my sister, cousin, or friend to buy something so classless.  I suspect that may be geared toward her largest fan group.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 4
On 2/19/2019 at 3:10 PM, bagger said:

When you compare Erika to other Real Housewives who are very into sex, like Kandi, Sonja, Luann, Vicki, and even Brandi, Erika just comes off as so much less comfortable with sex and very inauthentic. All of these other women have a performative aspect to their sexuality too just because it's playing out on tv, but it feels more real and lived in. For example, we've seen many instances of Sonja grossly pawing on every dude in her orbit. Perhaps the difference between a Sonja and Erika is that when we see Sonja being sexual, she's being sexual with a man that she's interested in. 

The real issue is that Erika's scenes with Tom aka "The Boss" seem weirdly perfunctory and business like. Do those two have any affection for each other? And then when we do see Erika being "sexy", "flirty", or "sexual" it is literally a performance. Mikey is there getting her kitted up in Erika Jayne drag or she's writhing around on the floor in a bodysuit and thigh-high boots in an Erika Jayne performance. She's  not being sexy for herself. She's not being sexy for her partner. She's being sexy for an unseen audience so it just seems fake and uncomfortable.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

When you compare Erika to other Real Housewives who are very into sex, like Kandi, Sonja, Luann, Vicki, and even Brandi, Erika just comes off as so much less comfortable with sex and very inauthentic. All of these other women have a performative aspect to their sexuality too just because it's playing out on tv, but it feels more real and lived in. For example, we've seen many instances of Sonja grossly pawing on every dude in her orbit. Perhaps the difference between a Sonja and Erika is that when we see Sonja being sexual, she's being sexual with a man that she's interested in. 

The real issue is that Erika's scenes with Tom aka "The Boss" seem weirdly perfunctory and business like. Do those two have any affection for each other? And then when we do see Erika being "sexy", "flirty", or "sexual" it is literally a performance. Mikey is there getting her kitted up in Erika Jayne drag or she's writhing around on the floor in a bodysuit and thigh-high boots in an Erika Jayne performance. She's  not being sexy for herself. She's not being sexy for her partner. She's being sexy for an unseen audience so it just seems fake and uncomfortable.

I will say that PK was not wrong when he called her inherently cold. Her whole persona is a put on for shits and giggles and she believes this audience is buying it. I can’t imagine any real affection coming from that woman. 

• Love 17

This is hilarious. I called Erika out as not being sexual or even seeming to enjoy sex a year or so ago and got all kinds of flack for it. I remember specifically someone suggesting that Erika was most likely cheating on Tom, and the notion was ridiculous to me because I found it doubtful that she was having sex with ANYONE. 

She is like many friends I had when I was in my 20's. They liked appearing sexy. They liked people thinking they were sexy, but they never actually wanted to have sex.

• LOL 2
  • Love 21
On 2/20/2019 at 5:01 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm not a pearl-clutching old lady either, but I wouldn't expect my sister, cousin, or friend to buy something so classless.  I suspect that may be geared toward her largest fan group.

I really don't see any difference with the names of this makeup collection when Nars cosmetics has been using sexual innuendo to sell makeup for years.  From their newest product Climax Mascara to lipsticks named after one of Paris's red light districts (a pinky nude to mimic the color of Parisian prostitutes' nipples) to their blush line,  Only when speaking of Nars blush will you ever hear a woman utter "I prefer Deep Throat over Orgasm."  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I really don't see any difference with the names of this makeup collection when Nars cosmetics has been using sexual innuendo to sell makeup for years.  From their newest product Climax Mascara to lipsticks named after one of Paris's red light districts (a pinky nude to mimic the color of Parisian prostitutes' nipples) to their blush line,  Only when speaking of Nars blush will you ever hear a woman utter "I prefer Deep Throat over Orgasm."  

I don't see any difference either.  Wouldn't buy either, just because.  Products names are obviously a big part of the marketing scheme, I get it.  They clearly aren't marketing to me or mine.  If they are, they missed.  By a mile.

• Love 8
On 2/20/2019 at 7:26 PM, HunterHunted said:

The chemistry between LVP and Tom at a dinner during the first season was way off the charts compared to his business meetings with his wife.  It makes me wonder if that's part of ErICKa's problem with LVP.  I remember them teasing and going at each other with word play.  I don't think ErICKa is capable of such wit. 

• Love 20

I agree with that. I remember the dinner party where LVP met Tom. They had great chemistry and I knew it was eating Erica alive. I'm sure Erica has never forgiven LVP (or forgotten.)  I actually thought Lisa and Tom were a stronger match than Lisa and Ken (who I can't stand). I haven't seen enough of Tom to really form an opinion. 

• Love 7
On 2/1/2019 at 9:42 AM, SweetieDarling said:

Maybe it's for the Drag Queen Set. I can see Boy George wearing this line of makeup.

On 1/3/2019 at 3:47 PM, Drumpf1737 said:

Throwback Thursday pic

If EJ's son was living with his Dad at 3 where did he live from infancy to 3? 

erika jane.PNG

In other words she was an absentee mom? 

• Love 1
On 3/9/2019 at 9:25 PM, JillThePill said:

I have always thought that this was the beginning of EJ's problem with LVP. When Tom said LVP was his "only worthy adversary," EJ could have spit nails. Shortly after that, he reprimanded EJ for speaking when he was speaking, and she looked like a belittled child... And she knew LVP got her number right there and then and has hated her for it ever since. 

I thought they vibed well off one another as well. I didn't get any romantic vibes, but they seemed like two people that can have a pleasant enough time with one another without having to pretend pleasantries. When they had that dinner and he called her...what did he compare her to? An alligator? I could be way off, lol. She was taken aback but rolled with it, especially after he sort of explained it to be a compliment and I genuinely think the only reason LVP took issue with the comment after the fact is because I think she felt she needed a comeback after finding out that Erika called her a sniper from the side so it turned into 'that's not very nice of you to judge me without knowing me and then your husband compared me to (whatever it is he compared her to)'.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, quaintirene said:

Did EJ put on a ton of weight between seasons or what?  Why the constant cover-up with oversized t-shirt dresses?  And they really aren't flattering...

Probably just me, but I never got the idea that flattering is what she was going for.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

I think Erika is a beautiful woman, and I kinda love that she doesn't keep herself so Hollywood stick thin -- she's juicy (as Schwartz said about Katie).

I also have to say this about her: while I may question the purity of her motives, she has been pretty sweet to the other, non LVP ladies, with the sexy/golf coaching, the many supportive and encouraging compliments etc. In a lot of ways, she seems like a girls' girl, and I like that about her.

• Love 4