Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

On 12/9/2020 at 6:17 PM, FlyingEgret said:

get ready to have that puss patted by federal agents Erika...

On 12/14/2020 at 11:09 PM, suomi said:

Karma...Maybe Denise and Aaron put a hex on her and Kyle.

On 12/17/2020 at 11:52 AM, amarante said:

The Los Angeles Times has a long article on the rise and fall of Tom Girardi

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-12-17/tom-girardi-erika-jayne-rhobh-divorce

On 12/11/2020 at 8:09 PM, Stats Queen said:

I’ve been drinking, so maybe five maybe eight, either way (sober or not) the pattern is not looking favorable towards the Giraradi’s.

I wanna hang with Stats Queen!

On 12/15/2020 at 9:43 PM, itsadryheat said:

This is by far the best RH storyline ever.

Too bad it will last forever and we won't know the best parts.

I'm suddenly interested in RHBH again.

One thing about Tom's mental competency....I'm sure he's just fine - or at least at the time of the alleged transgressions. However, he strikes me as one of those super egotistical people who think rules do not apply to them. I could easily see him not grasping the error of his ways - but only because of ego - not because he can't piece together a coherent thought or something.

As to Erica, she's no dummy. I give her props for finding the life she wanted - a lavish lifestyle funded by someone else because she couldn't do it herself. I see no harm in it....assuming no one is hurt along the way. We'll learn more about Erica's involvement as time goes on. For now, part of me feels bad for her, but another part of me says "karma, beyotch".  She has an air of superiority on the show, in the media, and with hired hands. I'm leaning more towards the latter right now.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 13

If Tom used any money from a client trust account, he is going to be charged and likely go to prison. I once worked with an attorney on a case who was later arrested for using around $500k from the client trust account to play the stock market, something about playing the margins, and trying to buy his way up the political ladder. He was disbarred and sentenced to 18 months in federal prison. The first thing they teach in law school is to never touch the money in the client trust account. It’s a crime. Even taking out $1 out and putting it back in can send you to prison. There is never a valid excuse. 

The fact that the judge made a criminal referral and froze Tom and the firm’s assets shows how much trouble he is in. It’s just a shocking fall for his firm. I don’t think people understand how well-respected Tom’s firm is nor how successful it was before this madness. It has name recognition and would be a dream to have on one’s resume. I could never understand why he would agree to be on this show and put his and his firm’s reputation at risk. 

Edited by MakingBacon
  • Useful 7
  • Love 15
On 12/17/2020 at 2:19 PM, MakingBacon said:

I could never understand why he would agree to be on this show and put his and his firm’s reputation at risk. 

I used to work with a well-regarded attorney whose expertise was corporate compliance. I asked him why it was rich people steal money. "Ego" was the answer. There is no rhyme or reason for much of it - just wealthy assholes on ego trips.

Two owners of a company my father used to work for were like this. They were found guilty of inflating assets to secure loans during the 1980's heyday.  They, along with several top-level executives who worked for them, served time and the company was decimated.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 6
  • Love 9
55 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I used to work with a well-regarded attorney whose expertise was corporate compliance. I asked him why it was rich people steal money. "Ego" was the answer. There is no rhyme or reason for much of it - just wealthy assholes on ego trips.

Two owners of a company my father used to work for were like this. They went to prison for inflating assest to secure loans during the 1980's heyday.  They, along with several top level executives who worked for them, served time and the company was decimated.

I used to work for a company that the CFO embezzeled 2.5 million dollars from, the company never recovered...the owner never had an outside accounting firm audit the books in the 30 years he owned that company. He had thrown the keys to the kingdom to this woman and she made a hefty salary but was greedy and got away with it till someone in her department noticed something, she served seven years in prison, (the judge gave her 23 years but suspended all but 7 because of her age, she was 65). 

Do we think Tom will see the inside of a cell or can he pay restitution?

• Love 10

Better to remain silent and be thought a c*** than to speak and remove all doubt. 

“There was nothing more I could buy,” she wrote in her memoir. She feared being “relegated to a life of shopping, sitting on a few charity boards of no consequence, and standing silently by my husband’s side full of unrealized potential.”

_ _ _

The judge referred Girardi to the U.S. attorney’s office for criminal investigation. He also froze Girardi’s personal assets and those of Girardi Keese, a step that appeared to have come too late. As one lawyer told the judge, the firm’s operating account contained just $15,000.

Hours later, Jayne posted a picture in silver stilettos, elbow-length mesh gloves and lilac lingerie.

She captioned the image, “Put me on your wish list.”

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

https://realityblurb.com/2020/12/17/erika-jaynes-husband-tom-girardi-faces-involuntary-bankruptcy-as-prosecutors-begin-probing-case-are-rhobh-singers-assets-in-jeopardy-plus-another-lawsuit-is-filed-against-the-attorney/

According to a series of tweets by one of the attorney's for Girardi's creditors, he is heading into involuntary bankruptcy with a hearing happening this afternoon. According to the tweets, Erika's communal property will be part of the proceedings.

I don't know what property Ericka has that isn't community property as all of her income is considered to be community property. She didn't bring assets into the marriage - she was a cocktail waitress at Chasens 

This would be a fabulous story but I doubt whether BRAVO would actually cover it so it would be another one of those bizarre housewives' plot lines where everything is happening off camera and what is happening on camera bears no relationship to reality.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, suomi said:

Better to remain silent and be thought a c*** than to speak and remove all doubt. 

“There was nothing more I could buy,” she wrote in her memoir. She feared being “relegated to a life of shopping, sitting on a few charity boards of no consequence, and standing silently by my husband’s side full of unrealized potential.”

I love this post so much.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Jextella said:

sitting on a few charity boards of no consequence

This is what strikes me.  I've been on a few charity boards; I think they all have real importance unless the board is something like what color of holiday lights should we put up on Rodeo Drive?  She really is something else.

• Love 23
19 minutes ago, albarino said:

This is what strikes me.  I've been on a few charity boards; I think they all have real importance unless the board is something like what color of holiday lights should we put up on Rodeo Drive?  She really is something else.

Someone should set up a charity and organize a fundraiser to provide cell phones to starving children so they can start following The Pretty Mess on Instagram.

• LOL 12
44 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

It is amazing and confirms her true character.

With all of her white boredom and privilege she chose to fulfil her unrecognized potential by feeding her ego while slamming charities, shopping (remember shopping? used to be a fun way to blow time instead of clicking a keyboard) and role as supportive yet silent wife.

But her character was never in question-ditching your kid is a huge tell.

Wish I could fast forward to see what she looks like without excess money to support her glam appearance when this is over.

We are the same person!!!

Ditching your child.

Unless she thought she was a danger to her son and removed herself from his home to protect him from, I don’t know, her physical/sexual abuse, her unattended stash of substances he could have accidentally ingested, she cannot justify this, in my book.

I am curious as well. I think she will be an unremarkable, average-looking woman, but with an even more intense bitterness emanating from every pore.

• Love 6

I suspect Ericka’s PR or legal people are attempting some kind of damage control because *coincidentally* today Page Six has a story which states that she is divorcing Tom because of his multiple affairs throughout the marriage but just recently decided thst despite her efforts, she couldn’t make the marriage work. 🤮🤮🤥🤥🤥

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

Wow, just catching up on all the Erika news.

Pretty Mess, indeed.

-Turns out, Tom has been embezzling from his clients and basically running a Ponzi scheme this whole time.  

Now we know why he's had to work so hard....got to keep new clients coming in, to pay what he can to the prior ones.  And ridiculous "glam squad" fees.

-Erika may already have a new boyfriend, so she's been cheating on Tom.

-Tom's apparently/allegedly been cheating for years.

Tom needs to join Bernie Madoff in the cell next door, whist Erika walks behind Ruth Madoff, looking for someone to do her hair (Ruth's hairstylist fired her, as many of Bernie's victims' wives went to her).

• Love 10
1 hour ago, amarante said:

*coincidentally* today Page Six has a story which states that she is divorcing Tom because of his multiple affairs throughout the marriage but just recently decided thst despite her efforts, she couldn’t make the marriage work. 🤮🤮🤥🤥🤥

People has the same story, adding that her breaking point came when he didn't attend her Broadway debut.

Preferring to stay home and fuck his latest lovely, is the inference. 

• Useful 1
48 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Can't link the article, but in the airplane crash lawsuit, Erika has been asked to stop selling her clothing. 🤣🤣🤣

Taylor Armstrong had to bring her Birkin to a creditor's settlement and it turned out to be fake anyway,

• LOL 20
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He's 80 something years old. I doubt he's fucking anybody. 

Yeah, she's grasping at anything to improve her PR while coming off as laughable. 

The joke is on her, no assets of her own, no community property and no alimony (or whatever it's called these days). 

• Love 11

As I posted, anyone with a shred of a brain cell realizes that this divorce has nothing to do with fidelity and everything to do with protecting assets.

To the extent either of them were screwing around, I doubt that either party cared as they had an arrangement of some kind which worked until the money stopped coming in.

What is interesting is that Ericka seems to be moving away from the friendly discreet type of divorce that she seemed to be attempting to peddle in the beginning when it was a coy release about moving apart yada yada yada. 

Seems entirely too coincidental that it coincided with the news of the total collapse of Girardi and that - at least for the record - he has no assets. 

While they search for assets, everything is frozen including Ericka's assets. I think they would be able to get a lien on her paycheck from BRAVO as part of the involuntary bankruptcy orders. As I recall they would then be put on a very strict budget where they have to account to the Trustee in Bankruptcy to justify all their expenses. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Yeah, she's grasping at anything to improve her PR while coming off as laughable. 

Other than Mikey, who would ever see Jayne as a sympathetic victim.

Good luck PR firm. It will be fun to watch and even more fun to snark. 

Edited by itsadryheat
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

I'm in a catty mood, so what do we think she's had done and what will require upkeep so she stays looking like herself? I'm guessing she's had a nose job, brow lift, boob job, and maybe a BBL and jawline shaving. I'm wondering if she'll be able to keep up with the botox, fillers, and whatever else she does regularly as "maintenance"?

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, itsadryheat said:

Other than Mikey, who would ever see Jayne as a sympathetic victim.

Good luck PR firm. It will be fun to watch and even more fun to snark. 

My dry, fuzzy eyes read this as who would ever see Jayne as a synthetic victim 🤣🤣🤣🤣👌🏻👌🏻

3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He's 80 something years old. I doubt he's fucking anybody. 

Not literally, figuratively it seems he’s been “fucking” a lot of people

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I'm in a catty mood, so what do we think she's had done and what will require upkeep so she stays looking like herself? I'm guessing she's had a nose job, brow lift, boob job, and maybe a BBL and jawline shaving. I'm wondering if she'll be able to keep up with the botox, fillers, and whatever else she does regularly as "maintenance"?

She would be able to keep up whatever she does becaise she would be able to get whatever she wants comped in exchange for promoting it. 

She wouldn’t be able to keep up with the kind of looks that require two hours in the makeup and hair chair unless it’s for a promotional shoot. The recent Instagram post was promotion for Fenty lingerie so she would have been paid plus the hair and makeup supplied for the shoot. But the kind of looks she and Dorit display isn’t normal even for wealthy women. Kyle spends a lot on hair and cosmetic procedures but she doesn’t look like Dorit or Ericka who essentially dress for a photo shoot all the time. 

Edited by amarante
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

My dry, fuzzy eyes read this as who would ever see Jayne as a synthetic victim 🤣🤣🤣🤣👌🏻👌🏻

Not literally, figuratively it seems he’s been “fucking” a lot of people

I was specifically referring to Tom's supposed "affairs" that supposedly caused her to file for "divorce." 

Yeah, I am just a tad skeptical about this whole divorce angle. 🙄

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I was specifically referring to Tom's supposed "affairs" that supposedly caused her to file for "divorce." 

Yeah, I am just a tad skeptical about this whole divorce angle. 🙄

I know, I was just trying to be funny. 😍

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I know, I was just trying to be funny. 😍

I know, I gave you a laughing reaction. 😁 I just didn't want my point about Tom's impotency to be lost. Because there's no way that geezer is carrying on with any woman other than dinner and snuggles by the fire. 🤣

• Love 8
On 12/17/2020 at 3:19 PM, MakingBacon said:

The fact that the judge made a criminal referral and froze Tom and the firm’s assets shows how much trouble he is in. It’s just a shocking fall for his firm. I don’t think people understand how well-respected Tom’s firm is nor how successful it was before this madness. It has name recognition and would be a dream to have on one’s resume. I could never understand why he would agree to be on this show and put his and his firm’s reputation at risk. 

This is what I have trouble getting my head around (and I'm with you-I have never understood why Tom agreed to appear on the show) -  Girardi's been a powerful lawyer for decades and I was under the impression Erika's hobby was uncharacteristic of how he usually spent his cash. Why this case, why now, and was this his m.o. for years? 

6 hours ago, amarante said:

I suspect Ericka’s PR or legal people are attempting some kind of damage control because *coincidentally* today Page Six has a story which states that she is divorcing Tom because of his multiple affairs throughout the marriage but just recently decided thst despite her efforts, she couldn’t make the marriage work. 🤮🤮🤥🤥🤥

3 hours ago, amarante said:

What is interesting is that Ericka seems to be moving away from the friendly discreet type of divorce that she seemed to be attempting to peddle in the beginning when it was a coy release about moving apart yada yada yada.

Yeah, the spin on infidelity is much. You've had it with the husband you never spend time with bc he's a big ol' cheater and it's simply the oddest of coincidences that this happened when his butt is in a legal sling? Maybe Tom is interested in saving Erika's bacon and they agreed the divorce would be the best way to do that and maybe he's even ok with her blaming it on infidelity. Or maybe Erika is as selfish as she seems and this is her damage control. Frankly, to me Tom & Erika seemed more like strangers than Shannon & David Beador ever did. I can't imagine them cooking anything up together bc they didn't even seem to know each other.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I know, I gave you a laughing reaction. 😁 I just didn't want my point about Tom's impotency to be lost. Because there's no way that geezer is carrying on with any woman other than dinner and snuggles by the fire. 🤣

I would not want to lose your point because it is a very important point and he is every one of 82 years of age (in other words, 82 isn’t the new 52)

Edited by Stats Queen
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

From the Page Six/People articles:

"A source close to the couple told People “the reason she divorced Tom is because he was cheating on her with multiple women,” but added that Jayne said “she’s known about his infidelity for years” but had “wanted to try and save the marriage” until this point."

IMO, the only thing Erika was trying to save was her bankroll - not necessarily the entire marriage.  She wanted to "save her marriage"?  She just didn't want to end up back on a pole, dancing in some sleazy strip joint off the NJ turnpike.

• Love 9

Wow - Tamara Tattles has provided updates concerning Erika's PERSONAL liability with a hearing for HER scheduled next Tuesday (12/22)

https://tamaratattles.com/2020/12/18/erika-girardis-assets-have-also-been-frozen/

Tamara's article is based on tweets from an attorney - evidently Erika is on the Board of one of Tom's LLC's - which would mean that she is probably on suffiicient "notice" for making her personally liable

Also - at least based on the most recent information Tom went beyond commingling the settlement accounts but actually signed off on settlements without the authorization of the plaintiffs he was representing.

Someone upthread questioned why someone of Tom's *stature* as an attorney would do this but when I read the LA Times article, Tom stated that he was essentially a gambler since he took cases on contingency. I assume he had the kind of personality that was driven to take risks because he thought he was above normal constraints - and it worked for him for a long time until it didn't and the Ponzi house of cards collapsed.

• Useful 7
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Y'ALL. Erika just Instagrammed the name, phone number, and text messages of a woman she claims Tom has been cheating on her with.

I just saw the IG post.  
The texts shown are from an old flip phone; it even says 3G.  
It’s apparently a judge, but I don’t get the timeline.  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

The Tamara Tattles article is full of tasty information from a lawyer-ly source. The hearing re Cunty's personal involvement is scheduled for 12/22. Merry Christmas! 

Aside from everything else she appears to be in contempt by selling clothing using "an obscure French company."

Regarding the Indonesian Boeing aircraft crash of the Lion Air flight Two of the clients that hired Girardi have obtained new counsel (who appear to be working pro bono).These two clients claim that they never gave consent to settle with Boeing. It seems to have be[en] alleged that to perpetuate the alleged fraud by Girardi, he settled cases without client consent to fund  Erika Girardi's lifestyle. Upon review of court dockets, no notices of settlement were found. And, the former Girardi Keese clients claim they never signed any formal settlement dicuments. Richards states that this type of criminal conduct is brazen. It is no different than committing identity theft of someone else’s account.

And last but not least, the cumulative amount of debt for Girardi Keese is $30,500,000 so far. As much as  $20,000,000 was allegedly transferred to Erika”s LLC. Also, Erika shows up on the board of at least one of Tom Girardi’s LLCs. If I was going to place a bet, I’d bet Erika Girardi is going to go down with Tom on this and both could face federal charges that include prison time. Like I said, it’s a mess and is sure as hell ain’t pretty.

Edited by suomi
clarity
  • Useful 5
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, emma675 said:

Y'ALL. Erika just Instagrammed the name, phone number, and text messages of a woman she claims Tom has been cheating on her with.

Being the other woman is gross, but I think it's tacky when people put stuff like that on social media. 

• Love 18

Beverley Hills just became so much more interesting.  I never really understood why Erika was cast; she never was very appealing to me.  So I'm loving this.  Sorta like Stassi being let go; there is a certain amount of schadenfreude happening here and I'm thanking Santa.  I'm also wondering why we haven't heard from Rinna.  Where is the "Own It" chorus?  C'mon, man!

If this is as serious as it sounds, I feel very sad for the people they took advantage of in their possible Ponzi scheme.  It is incredible to think a second housewife is going to a Federal prison (sooner or later).  I guess the one Martha Stewart "visited" was okay.  I know the folks at the Montgomery prison also worked at the military hospital and the prisoners were very helpful.

As posters upthread have noted, Tom is 81; he isn't sleeping around.  He is sleeping. Well, I'm tuning in next season, for sure!

• Love 17
5 hours ago, albarino said:

As posters upthread have noted, Tom is 81; he isn't sleeping around.  He is sleeping. Well, I'm tuning in next season, for sure!

I don't think it's about who he is sleeping with, rather, who he is giving his money to.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 12/17/2020 at 3:19 PM, MakingBacon said:

If Tom used any money from a client trust account, he is going to be charged and likely go to prison. I once worked with an attorney on a case who was later arrested for using around $500k from the client trust account to play the stock market, something about playing the margins, and trying to buy his way up the political ladder. He was disbarred and sentenced to 18 months in federal prison. The first thing they teach in law school is to never touch the money in the client trust account. It’s a crime. Even taking out $1 out and putting it back in can send you to prison. There is never a valid excuse. 

I finally am an "expert". VP at a Financial Institution (in fact one who is SUING these fools).  Embezzlement will not go away nor put you in a Club Fed.  A co-worker and a customer stole Monet from a cashier check scheme and stole 250,000 in a 5 year period.  A co-worker caught it and the feds were brought in - he is spending 20 years in prison.  Personally I am not going to embezzle unless I could afford a small Caribbean island with no extradition but I digress.

Trust accounts are a whole other enchilada.  the word TRUST should give it away but when you take even a penny from a trust account by God grab your anchors it is gonna be expensive to be THEM.  They ca try to blame him getting old but you cannot just accidentally take money out of Trust accounts.  They are labeled and separate - its not like there was an ATM card switch LOL.  There are specifics around these accounts - the money is in TRUST.  So there will be others going down because someone was shifting the money for Tom and knew about it.  Now Erika may be able to say she had no knowledge and get away with it but not Tom.  

I bet Denise is laughing her ass off - because Erika will not go down quietly - how about that Kyle?  Lets talk about Mauricio or hey Dorit let's chat.  Counterfeit lying cheating fake scumbags.  I bet Andy is salivating!

• Useful 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14