Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

From the LA Times https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-03-12/california-bar-cast-doubts-on-tom-girardis-alzheimers-diagnosis-suggests-charges-coming

The State Bar of California cast doubt Friday on troubled lawyer Tom Girardi’s diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease, suggesting it was a possible case of malingering and likely igniting a battle over his mental competency.

Lawyers for the bar raised the questions in a Superior Court filing that also revealed the agency is preparing to move against Girardi’s license. The bar regulates attorneys in California.

Bar investigations and disciplinary proceedings are normally confidential, but the agency disclosed “imminent” charges against Girardi in an attempt to stave off conservatorship proceedings that would impede its ability to prosecute him.

• Useful 8
11 hours ago, realityplease said:

Second, the REAL famed Brokovich attorney is attorney Ed Masry.  Masry's firm hired Brokovich as a paralegal and they took on PG&E over the Hinckley issues.  I may be wrong, but as I recall, Girardi came in at the end to assist with the settlement proceedings &/or trial (had it not settled.)

I'm glad you clarified that, because I remember Masry being the main attorney, and then he brought in others to help.  I didn't know that Girardi was involved with it, but in the beginning, it was only Masry.   Agreed - give credit where credit is due!!   

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

I believe Tom is channeling Junior Soprano, faking dementia so as not to "remember" anything.

In The Sopranos, Junior at first faked it, then he actually developed Alzheimer's, in a cruel plot twist of fate.  
This may happen here with Tom Girardi.

Either way, Tom Girardi is a Grade A prime piece of trash, and Erika is going to come on next season, be "vulnerable", show how she just didn't understand all this "complicated legal stuff", and the women will rally around her.  Mark my words.  Ugh.

• Love 23
On 3/11/2021 at 4:21 PM, MaggieG said:

I wish all of this would be played out on the new season but sadly it won't. Erica will say that she can't talk about it and even if she talks about some things, she'll make herself an innocent victim who had no idea what Tom was up to.

What I'm curious about is how she plans to explain her divorce.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, princelina said:

What I'm curious about is how she plans to explain her divorce.

Divorcing a cheater b@$tard is one thing, divorcing a "sick" old man who golden goose has flown away is another...  The only problem is that most of the "ladies" are as corrupt as she is

• Love 16
36 minutes ago, Slakkie said:

Divorcing a cheater b@$tard is one thing, divorcing a "sick" old man who golden goose has flown away is another...  The only problem is that most of the "ladies" are as corrupt as she is

This franchise reminds me of "all that glitters is not gold." These women's lives look very aspirational at first. I like to believe in karma but think it's complex. Imo, if you use people, are unkind to people, even if you're the type who doesn't have a conscious about it, at a certain point you'll get what you deserve. You see these beautiful ladies with their beautiful things and their husbands and kids. I remember it would strike me as unfair they have so much when there are good people who struggle paying for food, shelter, and healthcare. Imo all the drama, lawsuits, affairs, being with men older than your father, not having a ton of money after all are karmic. These shows are fun to watch, but generally speaking, I don't look at these oftentimes bitchy, catty user women as goals. I definitely admire the brains of a Lisa Vanderpump and the fact Erika didn't let go of her dreams and fun past her 20's. But being after money to the point you screw other people over, it's always going to be gross and you do not deserve the multiple mansions, ridiculous amount of money on glam and such. I never thought money was the root of all evil and think having a life of abundance can be done the right way. I have a lot of high achievers in my family, but they do not have what they have by screwing over others, and they have much happier lives imo, even if they have less mansions. If you want the finer things in life, become a doctor. Get a degree in a high paying field. Be a smart business man or woman who treats your employees well. If you have a talent in something, make use of it. Never take advantage of other people because for some reason you think the world owes you the life of a princess. It does not.  

• Love 18
On 3/14/2021 at 11:42 AM, Starlight925 said:

I believe Tom is channeling Junior Soprano, faking dementia so as not to "remember" anything.

In The Sopranos, Junior at first faked it, then he actually developed Alzheimer's, in a cruel plot twist of fate.  
This may happen here with Tom Girardi.

Either way, Tom Girardi is a Grade A prime piece of trash, and Erika is going to come on next season, be "vulnerable", show how she just didn't understand all this "complicated legal stuff", and the women will rally around her.  Mark my words.  Ugh.

I feel the only possible way out for Erika is to not play complete victim.

I don't know the ins and outs of my husband's job and I'm sure she hasn't known all the ins and outs of Tom's job. But, unlike my husband, Tom's reputation has been media fodder for a long time.  At the very least, Erika knows what the public knows and that's enough to raise eyebrows and ask questions. Maybe it would have been different if it was only one report about Tom - and a long time ago - but that's not the case. There have been many over the years.

Erika either chose to turn a blind eye or she knew more than she says. Either way, she chose not to care. She chose to take the money, regardless of how Tom earned it.

Erika may not have perpetrated the crimes, but she condoned them by inaction.

She has to admit to it and apologize if she has a chance in hell of rebounding from all this.  The blame-game will not work. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 23

Erika performs in two arenas regarding her marriage.

On the show she easily is The Little Woman married to a wealthy elderly man with an antiquated mindset who keeps her in the dark about how he obtains and spends his money.

In Real Life she accepted a legal title and signed legal documents which might  indicate that she participated in fraud and had knowledge of strategy and events. 

How will her fellow HW's parse this information? Will they cover themselves in her muck or will they decide that going down with her isn't worth it? Will it dull her shine if her fountain of money is  tainted while theirs is legit?

I don't see how she can take contradictory stances in real life and on the show but this is a world of Andy Cohen's making.

This is only HW show I watch so I don't know how it played out for other HWs with major legal issues in the public domain.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

if you use people, are unkind to people, even if you're the type who doesn't have a conscious about it, at a certain point you'll get what you deserve.

We may never see the karmic results of EJ's choices and behavior, but I believe she will not be having a good time going forward with her this close connection to Tom and his evil doing.

She can remind herself it was good while it lasted, but her future now includes years of attorneys, depositions, public backlash, media scrutiny, and feigned friendship.

As cold as she appears, this will be her hell on earth. She will never share anything real on camera because it could jeopardize the multiple lawsuits she is associated with. 

She is not sympathetic.  To quote herself, "it's expensive to be her me".

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Love 15

Ruth Madoff maintains, to this day, that she had zero idea what went on with her husband, who screwed people out of millions of dollars, out of their life savings, causing suicides.

His business was actually kept very private from even the rest of his firm, on a separate floor, in a separate area, that no one except a few had access to.

So maybe Ruth really was living in la-la land, getting her hair done, buying a gown for the next event, ordering new furniture.

Erika always seemed to relate to Tom as a father.  I always pictured her as this little girl on eggshells, afraid to upset daddy, choosing her words carefully.  

It is possible she didn't know.  But she came across as so cold and closed off.  The word of the decade seems to be "vulnerability", along with "authenticity".  Erika showed none of that.

While I hate "mots du jour", those 2 words, vulnerability and authenticity help us like a person more, show us more of who they are, their struggles, their soul.  Erika?  Longer wig, please.  Higher boots.  More labels.  A stupider looking hat for my Talking Head please.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Jextella said:

I feel the only possible way out for Erika is to not play complete victim.

I don't know the ins and outs of my husband's job and I'm sure she hasn't known all the ins and outs of Tom's job. But, unlike my husband, Tom's reputation has been media fodder for a long time.  At the very least, Erika knows what the public knows and that's enough to raise eyebrows and ask questions.

Erika either chose to turn a blind eye or she knew more than she says. Either way, she chose not to care. She chose to take the money, regardless of how Tom earned it, to fund her career.

Erika may not have perpetrated the crimes, but she condoned them by inaction.

She has to admit to it and apologize if she has a chance in hell of rebounding from all this.  The blame-game will not work. 

It's like Dorit with PK. Even though she's one of the nicer ladies in this bunch, IRC, she's no saint either. One of their arguments is that the money PK allegedly owed was a debt that accrued before her. Much as I am not a Camille fan and didn't like how she confronted Dorit, I wholeheartedly agree with her that it's wrong for Dorit to be living so lavishly when her husband owes some people a ton of money. 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Ruth Madoff maintains, to this day, that she had zero idea what went on with her husband, who screwed people out of millions of dollars, out of their life savings, causing suicides.

His business was actually kept very private from even the rest of his firm, on a separate floor, in a separate area, that no one except a few had access to.

So maybe Ruth really was living in la-la land, getting her hair done, buying a gown for the next event, ordering new furniture.

Erika always seemed to relate to Tom as a father.  I always pictured her as this little girl on eggshells, afraid to upset daddy, choosing her words carefully.  

It is possible she didn't know.  But she came across as so cold and closed off.  The word of the decade seems to be "vulnerability", along with "authenticity".  Erika showed none of that.

While I hate "mots du jour", those 2 words, vulnerability and authenticity help us like a person more, show us more of who they are, their struggles, their soul.  Erika?  Longer wig, please.  Higher boots.  More labels.  A stupider looking hat for my Talking Head please.

I haven' followed the Madoff case but if there were ongoing alleged abuses in public media over a period of time, the wife knew enough to question things. 

Same for Erika. She might not know the ins and outs, but it would be by choice not to learn more. I have no pity for Erika Jayne. None. Not one iota.  Whatever she has was carried on the backs of others. She knew enough to know that - or at least question the source of Tom's / her money. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

I don't know how this compares to Ruth Madoff's situation (or Dorit's) but Tom's firm wired $20 million to Erika's business account just before one of his thefts was discovered (the Indonesian plane crash victims). In hindsight, that act looks bad and the timing looks worse. She was the president of the business that received the $20 million. Pee yew. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 18
21 minutes ago, suomi said:

Tom's firm wired $20 million to Erika's business account just before one of his thefts was discovered

Time will tell how successful an attempt by Erika to portray the wronged, innocent victim will be. Or if she is actually convicted of anything. Nothing I have seen or read moves me to give her the benefit of the doubt that she knew nothing. What possibly could she say about the $20 million alone? "Oh that Tom, he's such a generous man. Have you seen my chapel?" Or maybe she'll go the Teresa G route and say "I didn't know what I was signing, I trusted Tom." I have no doubt that Tom kept much private, but believe Erika has knowledge that's making her sweat.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, janiema said:

I hope the other cast members go after Erica the same way they went after a grieving LVP and Sheen abused Denise but I doubt it.

I doubt it too. Erika is a pit bull in a blonde bombshell's body. They're scared of her. 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Time will tell how successful an attempt by Erika to portray the wronged, innocent victim will be. Or if she is actually convicted of anything.

I think I read here she was an actual "officer" of one of their businesses.  In other words, she had some legal responsibility to make sure they acted responsibly.  I predict she is really going down and will do time, if for no other reason she is despicable.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, albarino said:

I think I read here she was an actual "officer" of one of their businesses.  In other words, she had some legal responsibility to make sure they acted responsibly.  I predict she is really going down and will do time, if for no other reason she is despicable.

Yes, she was, one that had, according to one report, $20 million of client settlement diverted to it. 
My facts might not be totally correct, but she Tom definitely diverted funds into one of her businesses. I find it hard to believe that she won’t end up going to prison, unless she reaches a plea agreement, but that seems doubtful.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/tom-girardis-medical-issues-questioned-by-california-state-bar/

Tom Girardi’s Medical Issues Questioned by California State Bar Amid Conservatorship, Lawsuit March 15, 2021

“Although the Petition alleges that Girardi suffers from dementia and is unable to care for himself, as recently as November 2020 — two months before the Petition was filed — Girardi was holding himself out as a legal expert and moderated a legal education panel discussion with leading trial attorneys and presented on complex litigation strategy,” the objection claims, adding that the information provided to the courts about Tom’s mental state isn’t sufficient."

• Useful 6
  • Love 5

"Clinical psychiatrist Dr. Nathan Lavid wrote in an affidavit filed on March 10 that Tom suffers from “moderate” delusions and is unable to attend court hearings “for the foreseeable future” as his and Jayne’s legal troubles continue."

https://forensic.org/find-an-expert/profile/A6A931B4-74B6-4A26-99FC-CFDCF3D4EDA8

Forensic Expert Witness Profile  Nathan Lavid  MD

What is the role of an expert witness?

"Essentially, expert evidence is opinion evidence or, the opinion of the expert. The primary function of the expert witness is to assist the court in reaching its decision by providing independent expert/technical analysis and opinion on an issue(s), based on the information provided by those instructing him."

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Dr. Lavid's declaration was slammed by the State Bar in a filed objection.  It was said that Dr. Lavid provided no supporting evidence for his conclusion of "moderate" delusion & inability to appear. Dr. Lavid's declaration did not provide the required form to set forth evidence to support his conclusions. Nor explain Girardi's serving this past Nov., as a moderator to a panel of attorneys on complex trial issues or providing a lengthy interview last Oct. about his trial strategies.  Nor set forth Lavid's historical observations (personal or otherwise) about changes in Girardi's mental state. Nor why Girardi can't appear even if allegedly impaired to some degree. (Because maybe the judge would question Girardi -- and he's not that good of an actor? We know that -- we've seen those stiff staged conversations with the housewives!)

Dr. Lavid's on-line presence focuses on his experience with those who stutter, amateur boxer's stress, substance abuse.  I may have missed it, but although, as linked in itsadryheat's reply, he shills himself as a retained expert witness for psych evaluations generally, I didn't see him touting vast expertise with geriatric psych issues and/or dementia (and there are so many types and varying manifestations.)   Is the expert even competent to opine on Girardi's competence?

• Useful 7
  • Love 5

These days anyone can get a hold of the tools professionals use to diagnose illnesses. I can see a crook using such things to act out, convincingly, a fake cognitive impairment. I don't know, but to me, Girardi doesn't seem "incapable" of gaming the system.

Having said that...the last couple of times we saw him on the show, I remember thinking that he had a rather vacant stare at times, and I did wonder, with all my armchair expertise, if something was up with him cognitively.

And if I was picking up on something, was that really the beginnings of a cognitive issue, or was it part of a long con?

An enigma, wrapped in a mystery, inside a fraud? No idea!

• Love 9
On 3/15/2021 at 4:47 PM, Slakkie said:

Yeah I’m sure they’ll go along with whatever because they’re scared of her mean side.  But she also has to justify it to “America” (as reality peeps like to call those of us who watch their shows 😂) and that will be harder!  Those of you who follow Twitter, etc. please report back to us 😃

• Love 5

I took care of someone with dementia (not Alzheimers - there are many kinds). He would have sudden, shocking losses of cognitive functioning (couldn't remember how to use a phone, near-inability to speak, getting lost, delusions, etc.), and with therapy he would fully recover. Until he didn't. Another family member did have Alzheimers, and she functioned, including driving, during her lucid periods.

I  can see Tom veering from capable to non-functional multiple times.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

Anyone think Vanderpump might watch this season? lol

I hope she does and livestreams it!  How great would that be!? With her bitchiest, snarkiest friend by her side, and an outraged Ken, occasionally yelling something from the kitchen.

I might even pay to watch that.

• LOL 7
  • Love 12

I think that is actually a good idea. She could charge for the livestream with proceeds going to her dog charity. I can't be the only person who would watch. Does anyone follow her on Twitter? (I do not use it). If so, would it be worth suggesting?

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Jel said:

I hope she does and livestreams it!  How great would that be!? With her bitchiest, snarkiest friend by her side, and an outraged Ken, occasionally yelling something from the kitchen.

I might even pay to watch that.

Brilliant idea Jel! I'd totally pay to watch, especially if the money want to charity. As soon as I read your post, I thought someone should tweet her about it! I don't use Twitter myself. I know it would be so entertaining and hilarious watch this, even for the RH watchers who aren't team Vanderpump 100%. I can totally picture a loving but grumpy Ken like holding a little doggy like, wtf are we watching these stupid women after the way they treated you? Then Lisa would explain, honey this is kind delicious because of the way these stupid cows treated me. And yes, her most bitchy, snarky friend is a must! We know Lisa can be snarky too, but she's got limits. I want the friend that gives no f***s sitting right there on the couch sipping Vanderpump Rosé snarking away. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Jel said:

I think that is actually a good idea. She could charge for the livestream with proceeds going to her dog charity. I can't be the only person who would watch. Does anyone follow her on Twitter? (I do not use it). If so, would it be worth suggesting?

Not for nothing, but!  Overserved with Lisa Vanderpump premiered this week. And one of the guests, jokingly, yelled out Team Rinna after he hit his nose, wearing a horse's head, trying to scare Lance Bass, after Vanderpump had encouraged him to play the prank.

But I don't think she would do it--the twitter idea.  She's got no time for Ericka. I think the current cast of RHOBH is in her rear view mirror and she's got the pedal at 120.

Rinna in particular eating the dust of Vanderpump once again scoring a TV show.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
33 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Not for nothing, but!  Overserved with Lisa Vanderpump premiered this week. And one of the guests, jokingly, yelled out Team Rinna after he hit his nose, wearing a horse's head, trying to scare Lance Bass, after Vanderpump had encouraged him to play the prank.

But I don't think she would do it--the twitter idea.  She's got no time for Ericka. I think the current cast of RHOBH is in her rear view mirror and she's got the pedal at 120.

Rinna in particular eating the dust of Vanderpump once again scoring a TV show.  

Oh! Thanks for the reminder about Overserved. I meant to add the E! channel to my tv package so I could watch that. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

We know Lisa can be snarky too, but she's got limits. I want the friend that gives no f***s sitting right there on the couch sipping Vanderpump Rosé snarking away. 

Well, Vivica A. Fox was her first guest on her new show, and she and LVP hit it off very well.  Apparently it's the first time they've met.  If she were to be on Lisa's side in this whole mess, I think she could really bring some excellent snark to a show like Jel is suggesting.  😉  I'd be on board for that!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 3/21/2021 at 8:41 AM, nexxie said:

So, who is Erika going to be this season - Erika Girardi, Erika Jayne, or a whole new creation meant to invoke sympathy and help her legally? In any case, she’ll definitely be Erika Fulloshit.

Thats Erika " Cunty" Fuloshit lol

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
On 3/20/2021 at 2:07 PM, pasdetrois said:

I took care of someone with dementia (not Alzheimers - there are many kinds). He would have sudden, shocking losses of cognitive functioning (couldn't remember how to use a phone, near-inability to speak, getting lost, delusions, etc.), and with therapy he would fully recover. Until he didn't. Another family member did have Alzheimers, and she functioned, including driving, during her lucid periods.

I  can see Tom veering from capable to non-functional multiple times.

They may need to obtain a more comprehensive evaluation of Tom, but the initial report may be valid.  It’s true that cognitive decline fluctuates. Some days are better than others.  Often, the patient does well in the doctor’s office, but does poorly at home with sleep disorders, pacing, delusions, hallucinations, anxiety, depression and confusion.  You really need a family member from the home to provide an accurate depiction of their symptoms.  It’s suspected that Alzheimer’s actually may start as long as 20 years before it’s obvious.  Whether Tom goes into Memory Care or prison, he won’t know the difference. He’ll lose the ability to know where or who he is.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
On 3/16/2021 at 4:29 PM, Jextella said:

I haven' followed the Madoff case but if there were ongoing alleged abuses in public media over a period of time, the wife knew enough to question things. 

Same for Erika. She might not know the ins and outs, but it would be by choice not to learn more. I have no pity for Erika Jayne. None. Not one iota.  Whatever she has was carried on the backs of others. She knew enough to know that - or at least question the source of Tom's / her money. 

With Madoff, I don't think there was anything in the public media until the whole scam was blown open.  Ruth thought he was on the up and up.  Even the sons were caught off-guard, and they were higher-ups in the company.  They must have had suspicions...   

Erika obviously knew something was amiss, as she held an office (secretary?) for one of the companies.  She may not have known the ins and outs, but she should have.  

• Love 8
On 3/20/2021 at 10:53 AM, princelina said:

Yeah I’m sure they’ll go along with whatever because they’re scared of her mean side.

She's an empty suit at this point. They have absolutely NO reason to fear her "mean" side.  Anytime she tries to play head bitch in charge, they can snot something right back at her - SHE can't talk about her legal woes.  The rest of those bitches have no such prohibition.  Unless, of course, it's "agreed" upon ahead of time.    Like Kyle's husband's mansion shenanigans.  

• Love 16
18 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Whether Tom goes into Memory Care or prison, he won’t know the difference. He’ll lose the ability to know where or who he is.

I sure hope is he goes to prison he does remember at least for a while as what he is accused of doing is abhorrent.

• Love 11

Erika is the president of EJ Global LLC, the company that received $20 million and is a plaintiff defendantt in the lawsuit filed in Chicago.

Edited by suomi
corrected wrong term used
  • Useful 6
  • Love 4
On 3/13/2021 at 10:41 PM, realityplease said:

So many things wrong with the statement, "Famed Erin Brokovich Attorney Tom Girardi Loses License." 

First, the California State Bar put Girardi on inactive status. It hasn't disbarred him, i.e., taken his license away (yet.)  He can't practice law while inactive.  But he's still a member of the Bar.  Playing fast & loose with client money is a certain ground to lose one's license.  It may likely happen, it just hasn't happened yet. And to the extent he may try to delay Bar proceedings due to his alleged Alzheimer's, the Bar pointed to a recent (Nov. 2020?) legal conference at which Girardi glibly presided over a multi-attorney panel presentation. On video & not showing signs of impairment. 

Second, the REAL famed Brokovich attorney is attorney Ed Masry.  Masry's firm hired Brokovich as a paralegal and they took on PG&E over the Hinckley issues.  I may be wrong, but as I recall, Girardi came in at the end to assist with the settlement proceedings &/or trial (had it not settled.) The multi-plaintiffs case (over 600?) would have overwhelmed the small Masry firm and Masry needed to bring in others (among them, the Girardi firm) to assist.  Masry died in 2005.  After that, Girardi stepped it up to become known as THE FAMED Brokovich attorney -- with few to clarify his true & more limited role.  That Erica would bring the Housewives before him to kiss his ring was a disgusting piece of hype that will gladly not be repeated.  He didn't seem lost to me (although at times at a loss for words when faced with Erica's simpering, cackling, decades younger friends.) Rather, he basked in the covet - even when unearned by the twits who knew nothing of his reputation, ethics or the house of cards soon to tumble.  

If I were still in uni, I would beg you to write my papers lol Well said!

• Love 3

Tom's a faker. If Tom had cognitive issues & Erika spotted it - would she run off to NY to be in "Chicago" for who knows how long? (She didn't know covid would shut it down.)  Yes, cognitive abilities wax/wane but usually progress over years. Early stage, middle stage & late stage. Tom's NOT in late stage.  Rare to participate in interviews/moderate panel discussions on complex issues but unable to participate in one's own defense just weeks later. (Except in movies.)   

Dementia is easily faked. The tests are short/easily failed. "Where are we?" If the office is in a suburb & you name the major city instead of the specific suburb. Wrong! "Who's the President?" My mom said "fat guy w/yellow hair." Hesitated, then said Trump.  Trump wasn't her first answer. Wrong. "Draw a clock."  Circle didn't precisely meet - by a hair. Wrong.

Other medical issues can cause cognitive issues. A urinary tract infection can cause inability to speak/respond. Differs by person.  UTI's are common but shockingly missed by hospitals, Drs, nurses, caregivers & misinterpreted as waxing & waning.  A urine test, antibiotics & they're speaking/responding again. Still have dementia but what appears to be waxing & waning is just a treatable infection.

Except for vacant staring some noticed (and I think was boredom), Tom went from lucid to major issues the day after his assets were frozen?? Yeah, right.  True, families/co-workers often miss early signs or don't know what they're dealing with. But his major issues only first recognized & severe just at the moment that Tom needed a defense?  Hmmm.  

My mom was in a memory care facility for 3 yrs. I visited 7 dys a week/12 hrs a day. Knew the residents/families. Every type of dementia: vascular dementia, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, alcoholic, frontal-temporal, Lewy Body - you name it.  Some verbal, some non-verbal, some walked, some couldn't, some comprehended, some didn't.  All stages: early, middle, late.  All different except for some generalizations & habits based on the type of dementia. They say if you know one dementia patient, you know ONE dementia patient. So true. But NONE went from high functioning to inability to participate in defense in a month.  (Unless due to stroke/something catastrophic & medically observable - NOT claimed for Tom.)

So what Erika knew of Tom's cognitive function/financial dealings & when she knew it - TBD.  The degree/type of dementia & when it manifested, also TBD.   And the poor plaintiffs whose money was taken must wait while this legal ploy plays out.  Insult to injury.   

• Useful 3
  • Love 16

I agree about UTIs. It should always be considered when someone undergoes rapid behavior change, especially if they are elderly.

If a sweetheart turns into an asshole or an asshole turns into a sweetheart, analyze the urine. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
On 3/24/2021 at 10:08 PM, suomi said:

I agree about UTIs. It should always be considered when someone undergoes rapid behavior change, especially if they are elderly.

If a sweetheart turns into an asshole or an asshole turns into a sweetheart, analyze the urine. 

Is that for real? And if so, does it only apply to people with dementia? does it affect thinking and judgment too?

• Love 1