Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, amarante said:

I think she is beyond morally corrupt. Even if she wasn't aware of how Tom was scamming from the victims, she continued to flaunt THEIR MONEY after it became public. She even had an instagram shot of her crucified with earrings that said Widows and Orphans - I mean WTF - who would do that.

Woah! When did she do this?

• Love 5
On 6/14/2021 at 8:58 PM, Feech said:

When the burn victim took off his shirt and you saw his scars and what he is going through and you know Giradi stole 12 million from him to pay Mikey and the glam squad…..I just don’t know how in good conscience they can keep her on the show.

Let’s see if Bravo has a soul. I agree with you 100%.

• Love 16
(edited)
40 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Woah! When did she do this?

Erika added her own caption that read: “Scapegoat when she posted on her own Instagram account  

2351B285-4459-4078-B38A-2B05F028CE44.jpeg

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Maximona said:

Her name was on the papers for what looked like one of Girardi's shell companies as "Secretary."

Though I'm not sure what the role of Secretary implies, how much knowledge a Secretary might be expected to have of financial transactions.

(Carolina Girl beat me to the observation!  😊 )

Secretaries are usually responsible for keeping and using the corporate seal on documents.  

I especially loathed Tom blaming the JUDGE for the delay in disbursements.  That family should have been on the phone to the Judge the minute Tom used that as an excuse.  Judges MIGHT get involved with a minor’s settlement but even then highly unlikely.  Settlement agreements spell out every detail including the date settlement funds are to be paid and how the checks should be made out. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Tom didn't immediately claim dementia, so it will look like a "normal" divorce until news of the financials leaks. I think that took a couple weeks after Erika initially filed for the divorce.

It doesn't matter to me how it "looks" - she didn't have a"normal"marriage so there's no way she can have what anyone can call a "normal" divorce.  Especially since it's been made clear to us all (by Erica herself!) that she didn't have a "normal" marriage.  She has let us know that she is "not allowed" to behave in certain ways; that what she does is subsidized by Tom; that they don't have sex like normal couples do; - once again, I'm not speculating - she has told us this!  She has told us (via her conversations with others) that she married Tom with an understanding, and they are both happy with it.  So now:  is he an old coot with dementia that you're dumping now that he no longer comes with $$$, and it's lucky for you that he's not even aware?  For shame.  Is he a nasty old cheat, liar and sinner and you want no part of that grift? Do tell!  Then it seems we're all here with our tongues hanging out waiting for the scoop - are your fellow BH ladies awaiting the same?  For the record - I don't care what her real reasons are.

Once again - as far as this show goes, I'm most curious about how she will explain her divorce to the other ladies 😁

• Love 6
(edited)
9 hours ago, Showthyme said:

Erika is like Ruth Madoff and Teresa Guidice. She didn’t ask because she did not want to know. Everything was fine as long as her black American Express card was went through. Tom’s misdeeds predate Erika. I think Tom offered her some explanation for what he needed her to sign and after a while, she didn’t question anything at all. Like Ruth and Teresa, Erika did not work in Tom’s office. Erika may have known that something wasn’t 100% right but I don’t think she knew that Tom stole all that money from these victims. I think that she had to know that the bank transfers and payments to her were done to avoid paying taxes or for some other illegal gain. She will go to jail for it. Erika thinks that she is entitled to keep some of those assets which is the same mindset of Ruth Madoff. People give Erika too much credit for being smart.

Ruth Madoff actually worked as a bookkeeper early on when Bernie started his firm. She was also a director. But it seems like she hadn't been an active participant in the firm for decades.

Teresa's downfall was less Joe's initial crimes, but that she and Joe lied and hid assets in their bankruptcy proceedings, despite being warned by their attorneys not to do so. She might be ignorant of Joe's initial crimes, but she doubled down on criminality when given the opportunity to be truthful.

Erika's attorneys petitioning to be removed suggests something similar might be happening. It sounds like Erika is refusing to communicate with them and/or they have some suspicion that she's lying to the bankruptcy court or hiding assets.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 6
  • Love 11
(edited)
17 hours ago, lasu said:

I'd have to go back and watch (which I'm not going to, lol!), but I think mostly the people who were astounded at how much money he made were the non-lawyers.  The LA Bar dude, he seemed to be saying having private jets wasn't unusual, but TALKING about having private jets was crass and rubbing it in your clients' faces.

And I will say I did forget about the expense of having not one but TWO private jets.  That's just f'ing stupid.  I've only had the opportunity for a PJ a few times in my life (for my actual job, not for blow jobs, lol), but A) if I had the money, it's the only way I would fly, B) everyone I ever talked to in that life "owned" private jets actually owned shares in private jets.  They had them at their disposal, but they just weren't sitting there costing money when they weren't in use.  It's not the same as chartering a private flight, but it's not as asshole expensive as the cost of being the sole owner.

Again, I don't want to seem like I'm doubting Tom stole this money - I think it's pretty clear he did.  I just will be very, very interested to see how the accounting works.

I happen to know a very famous lawyer he net jets. He doesn't own a plane. He is very rich, but nothing like Girardis displayed, and he has argued almost 80 supreme court cases for the largest corporations. They were obviously living too large because he stole the money.

Edited by OdinO.
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Secretaries are usually responsible for keeping and using the corporate seal on documents.  

FWIW, the reason I didn't think much of her being listed as secretary is I personally have been Secretary on two boards, one non-profit, one corporate.  While I did have duties, and maybe could have been legally liable for any shenanigans (I honestly have no idea I culpable I would have been), I would have had no idea if there was anything going on illegally.  I definitely had a seal, but trust me, if my boss came in and said "lasu, stamp this," I stamped it.  Again, I might have been putting myself in legal jeopardy doing that and I'm not saying it wasn't stupid, but I would have had very little clue if they were doing anything wrong.

4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Erika's attorneys petitioning to be removed suggests something similar might be happening. It sounds like Erika is refusing to communicate with them and/or they have some suspicion that she's lying to the bankruptcy court or hiding assets.

This is the most damning thing I've heard yet, as far as evidence against her.  It could just be that the optics aren't good and the lawyer doesn't want to deal with it, but also could mean that he knows she is planning on perjuring herself.

1 hour ago, Slakkie said:

Here is my issue.  I do not care if she knew, didn't know, pretended not to know etc.  Once the information came out a normal person would be horrified and ASSIST in finding the money.  A person with a tiny ounce of compassion would be handing over expensive purchases to help aid these families.

Now this I agree with completely.  Just because I personally so far don't see evidence she knew or participated, trying to keep all of her ill-gotten gains is a horrific look.  If she truly, 100% knew nothing, then I can see how it sucks to lose everything, but most of us never get the first taste of that lifestyle.  But she's not the victim and playing one is just awful.

• Love 15
11 hours ago, Showthyme said:

I

I think that Tom told Erika that he was broke and was going to jail and counseled her to file for divorce.

That's why I asked who's idea was it about the divorce hers or his?

14 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Tom didn't immediately claim dementia, so it will look like a "normal" divorce until news of the financials leaks. I think that took a couple weeks after Erika initially filed for the divorce.

eta In show time, they had to shut down when Kyle got Covid. I think that was also in November, so they may all know when filming resumed?

I was wondering about that, did they shut down? Because Orange County didn't when Shannon and Emily got it. I hope so, because ai want to go far enough into the season to see the revelations about the stealing. If these bitches give Erika a pass after the crap they gave for Denise for (allegedly) having sex with another consenting adult, they all deserve to be fired  well, actually, other than Garcrlle and maybe Kathy, that would be a good plan anyway.

• Love 14
14 hours ago, princelina said:

To be honest - what I'm most curious about, as far as the show goes, is how she's going to explain that to the other ladies.

Weren't their reports that he had a girlfriend? That was before the legal issues came out and overshadowed the divorce, but I am sure I read that thinking how ironic it was that the old husband was cheating on the trophy wife. The trophy wife with the gigantic ego, no less 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, OdinO. said:

I happen to know a very famous lawyer he net jets.

I always believed that the Girardis did the same thing - that they actually owned a quarter share of the planes.  I seem to recall Lisa Vanderpump asking Erika Jayne if they could utilize her "private plane" for their rescue mission in China and her mumbling something about it not be available at that time.  

Private planes are expensive to own and operate on a yearly basis.  You have several salaried people alone - two pilots, probably at least ONE cabin steward, and definitely a mechanic.  With taxes and fuel costs, you're looking at close to $1,000,000 for ONE plane alone.  

54 minutes ago, chlban said:

If these bitches give Erika a pass after the crap they gave for Denise for (allegedly) having sex with another consenting adult,

Or Lisa for daring to suggest that Dorrit dumped a dog in a kill shelter when Saint Accent denied it, even though every piece of evidence pointed that way.   Wonder if any of them have viewed the Hulu documentary.  Or if the Bravo execs in charge of programming have.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

I would think the revelation of Tom's company "loaning" Erika's company $20 Million would now open up any/all records for her company.   She has claimed that many items were "gifts", so were not open to be part of a divorce settlement (I believe that was thrown out), but this was a LOAN.  The foresic auditors are going to have a field day.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, lasu said:

FWIW, the reason I didn't think much of her being listed as secretary is I personally have been Secretary on two boards, one non-profit, one corporate.  While I did have duties, and maybe could have been legally liable for any shenanigans (I honestly have no idea I culpable I would have been), I would have had no idea if there was anything going on illegally.  I definitely had a seal, but trust me, if my boss came in and said "lasu, stamp this," I stamped it.  Again, I might have been putting myself in legal jeopardy doing that and I'm not saying it wasn't stupid, but I would have had very little clue if they were doing anything wrong.

My old firm represented a non-profit whose board and officers were completely derelict in their duties as the executive director embezzled AND mismanaged the organization. We'd remind them a couple of times a year what their bylaws and state law required them to do. It turned out that no one on the board had asked about or read a report or financial statement about non-profit in years. It was not looking pretty as the AG came after them. I actually left for a different job in a different state before it was resolved.

The real problem with not treating your corporate officers, directors, and board duties seriously is the whole piercing the corporate veil issue. If a court finds that you've been operating a corporation as a sham or a cover, they'll remove your ability to use your corporation's limited liability protections and find you personally liable. There's a reason why Ken and Lisa were also found personally liable in Karina Bustillos' sexual harassment case. Ken and Lisa testified under oath that they didn't really know anything about the corporation (they created and were officers of) or how money worked (a slight exaggeration, but not by much). 

3 minutes ago, lasu said:

This is the most damning thing I've heard yet, as far as evidence against her.  It could just be that the optics aren't good and the lawyer doesn't want to deal with it, but also could mean that he knows she is planning on perjuring herself.

ln an active matter, there's no way a court would allow an attorney or firm to drop a client for optics. You wouldn't even attempt to petition for something that might suggest that. They really limit your ability to drop clients if representing them will cause a financial hardship for the attorney or firm and that's a real issue. The reality is that Erika has almost certainly started stonewalling her attorneys and/or being deceptive about things that are reported to the court and that's why they don't think they can work with her.

It could be something as simple as her attorneys asking for her Bravo/Evolution contracts and payments, Erika taking forever to respond to them, being combative about why the attorneys need those documents, and turning the documents over to her counsel in a slow weird piecemeal fashion. All of which would lead you to suspect that something strange is happening with Erika's finances and records even if nothing was. And if you're starting to distrust your client that much, it will probably start to show in your communications and interactions. It will just generally poison the attorney client relationship.

However, Erika could also be like Teresa and she's busy hiding money and assets away. I suspect she is because she decided to proceed with her Vestaire sale after the news about Girardi Keese came out. Furthermore, I did some rough math and there should be $3 - $5 million left from that $20 million loan. Like even if you assume she spent lavishly on everything to make Erika Jayne possible, she'd actually have had to spend astronomically to go through all of that money that quickly.

• Useful 11
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Let’s see if Bravo has a soul. I agree with you 100%.

I watched last night and fuck these people are SCUM!!!!!  I believe they are both sociopaths.  He scammed everyone since he found out he could and she was along for the ride and helping and scheming.  Bravo MUST fire her.  I can see how they wanted a redemption for Teresa even though I stopped watching.  Erika cannot be redeemed.  She and her skeevy husband need to fry.  NO ONE can defend what we heard they did on that documentary.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, OdinO. said:

Except Tom was picking up Morton's every night. You know, like all demented people do.

Dementia is a total ruse I am sure they cooked up as a way to cover the loss of money.  He is 81.  He is gonna kick relatively soon so he won't need a house or things.  Crimes die with him.  Except they didn't and the HWs gig really fucked up their plans.  Whole lotta clues where the money went.  I am kinda glad Miss No Prenup may have to suffer some consequences.  Tots and pears. 

• Love 22
6 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

ln an active matter, there's no way a court would allow an attorney or firm to drop a client for optics. You wouldn't even attempt to petition for something that might suggest that. They really limit your ability to drop clients if representing them will cause a financial hardship for the attorney or firm and that's a real issue. The reality is that Erika has almost certainly started stonewalling her attorneys and/or being deceptive about things that are reported to the court and that's why they don't think they can work with her.

You're SO right on this.  In fact, I've seen courts refuse to allow attorneys to remove themselves from (non-contingency) cases where they say that they have NEVER been paid by the client because of the delay involved and prejudicial nature of an attorney's dumping you.  Tom Meserau was allowed to remove himself as Robert Blake's attorney, for instance, because of Blake's stubborn refusal to follow Meserau's advice and stop doing television interviews.  I imagine this is much the case in Erika's attorneys requesting to withdraw - that they are advising her to do one thing and she's either ignoring their advice or has been less than truthful about facts and behaviors.  I imagine their declarations in support of their motion were filed under seal.  If not, I should jump on PACER and try to find them.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Dementia is a total ruse I am sure they cooked up as a way to cover the loss of money.  He is 81.  He is gonna kick relatively soon so he won't need a house or things.  Crimes die with him.  Except they didn't and the HWs gig really fucked up their plans.  Whole lotta clues where the money went.  I am kinda glad Miss No Prenup may have to suffer some consequences.  Tots and pears. 

I have no doubt there are PIs following ole Tom.  Yeah shoulda had a prenup Pretty Mess. You are going to learn how expensive it is to be you!!!

• LOL 18
1 hour ago, chlban said:

Weren't their reports that he had a girlfriend? That was before the legal issues came out and overshadowed the divorce, but I am sure I read that thinking how ironic it was that the old husband was cheating on the trophy wife. The trophy wife with the gigantic ego, no less 

Yep!  Ericka filed for divorce in November 2020 and made and deleted this post in December 2020.  I guess she decided to muddy the waters a little bit more.  This is all a mess, but not a pretty one.

https://www.yourtango.com/2020339377/tom-girardi-mistress-justice-tricia-bigelow

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Slakkie said:

I have no doubt there are PIs following ole Tom.  Yeah shoulda had a prenup Pretty Mess. You are going to learn how expensive it is to be you!!!

Brian Kabatek said as much in the Hulu Doc - that he had seen Girardi not that long ago and he seemed fine.   

News on the Erika's lawyer from from The Daily Journal - it appears that the bankruptcy trustees hired an attorney named Ronald Richards to look into Erika's finances and last week, Mastan (her lawyer) objected to his hiring.  He's specifically looking for assets transferred from the law firm to her.  The hiring went forward.  Now Masten is looking to be relieved as counsel.  Hmmm.....wonder what happened when he told the Ho-Wife about Richards?

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

Yep!  Ericka filed for divorce in November 2020 and made and deleted this post in December 2020.  I guess she decided to muddy the waters a little bit more.  This is all a mess, but not a pretty one.

https://www.yourtango.com/2020339377/tom-girardi-mistress-justice-tricia-bigelow

Thanks, I was beginning to think my memory was going😃😀 Affair with a judge. Hmm. Wonder if we will hear any of this on the show?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, chlban said:

Thanks, I was beginning to think my memory was going😃😀 Affair with a judge. Hmm. Wonder if we will hear any of this on the show?

Ok Rinna.  'Denise' Erika.  Go after her.  Ask her all kinds of questions.  Push.  Do you thing.  Certainly this is really juicy compared to a pedestrian alleged affair 

• Love 23
2 hours ago, chlban said:

Didn't she have to walk that back when the Judge she implicated came forward and told her to knock it off or ELSE.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, chlban said:

Haha right I forgot about that.  Hasn't she had her own apartment for over a year?  Just to "hang out" in of course.  Weirdos 😄

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

it appears that the bankruptcy trustees hired an attorney named Ronald Richards to look into Erika's finances and last week, Mastan (her lawyer) objected to his hiring.  He's specifically looking for assets transferred from the law firm to her.  The hiring went forward.  Now Masten is looking to be relieved as counsel.  Hmmm.....wonder what happened when he told the Ho-Wife about Richards?

Ronald Richards was Russell Armstrong's attorney.

• Useful 6
3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Didn't she have to walk that back when the Judge she implicated came forward and told her to knock it off or ELSE.  

Don't recall, but I certainly hope so😃😀

I keep thinking about how Erika admitted to being depressed during quarantine. Of course a lot of us were, but I am sure in her case it had a lot to do with her Broadway show being shut down. I bet, at the time, she thought that had about the worst thing that could happen. Guess not.

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, chlban said:

Don't recall, but I certainly hope so😃😀

I keep thinking about how Erika admitted to being depressed during quarantine. Of course a lot of us were, but I am sure in her case it had a lot to do with her Broadway show being shut down. I bet, at the time, she thought that had about the worst thing that could happen. Guess not.

Yeah she made me angry at the time with her "big life, big problems" shrug.  Now we get to see the actual problems of the little people with little lives - makes her big life and her big quarantine depression seem very very small.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, chlban said:

On my planet $7,500 a month is still alot if money but, considering rents in CA... at any rate going to be hard to store all her tacky clothes in 2200 sq feet https://nypost.com/2021/06/16/rhobh-star-erika-jayne-downgrades-to-la-rental-after-divorce/

Face it Bravo - she's no longer anything resembling a Beverly Hills housewife, any more than that grifter Brandi was.  She's going to be getting nothing in alimony, and since everything she has, whether gifts or not, were obtained from purloined funds from client accounts, there's no money for alimony.  

I imagine the fallout from that Hulu documentary is going to hit soon.  Plus those "little people" she speaks of with such disdain are petitioning Bravo to fire her.  Which means no income at all.  

Maybe Lisa Vanderpump can find her a job at TomTom.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
(edited)

I watched the Housewife and the Hustler last night.  

The Girardis are absolute scum.  

Then this morning, this article popped up in my FB feed.  

"We believe we’re going to be able to prove that Erika was incredibly involved in not just the law firm, but also, he was loaning money to her company 10s of millions of dollars to her company," Edelson said of the "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star, 49, on the "Reality Life with Kate Casey" podcast on Wednesday. "And we think that money came from client funds."

Edelson vowed that he and his legal team are "going to look into all of that," adding, "that’s all going to be, you know, part of proof that we showed to a jury — that she was knee-deep in this fraud, and she can say, ‘Oh, she didn’t know anything about it.’ And I think that’s going be hard for [Erika] to convince a jury of."

Full article about Erika here.

I hope they seize every asset Erika possesses and she has to live under a fucking bridge.

(And I hope those assets are auctioned off to make at least some payments to their victims.)

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Useful 6
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, chlban said:

On my planet $7,500 a month is still alot if money but, considering rents in CA... at any rate going to be hard to store all her tacky clothes in 2200 sq feet https://nypost.com/2021/06/16/rhobh-star-erika-jayne-downgrades-to-la-rental-after-divorce/

It is a lot of money especially for a bankrupt broke ass.  I want her to try and figure out her life in an 800 square foot apartment like many people.  People who pay their fucking bills and don't steal.  

34 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Face it Bravo - she's no longer anything resembling a Beverly Hills housewife, any more than that grifter Brandi was.  She's going to be getting nothing in alimony, and since everything she has, whether gifts or not, were obtained from purloined funds from client accounts, there's no money for alimony.  

I imagine the fallout from that Hulu documentary is going to hit soon.  Plus those "little people" she speaks of with such disdain are petitioning Bravo to fire her.  Which means no income at all.  

Maybe Lisa Vanderpump can find her a job at TomTom.  

A little long in the tooth for that.  HA!  I want her POOR!  

• Love 9

I had a thought last night I forgot til now.  I am curious if the ladies spend the season defending Erika and feeling sorry for her except for Sutton and maybe Garcelle?  If they do, I wonder what they think now that the Hulu doc is out?  How will they defend their defense?  I mean we ALL knew something was fishy with all these lawsuits the last few years.  It is sounding like they did not choose wisely.  I would drop someone as a friend who did what the Girardi's did immediately.  Yeah it hasn't been proven in a court of law but those ex clients aren't lying.

• Love 19
(edited)
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I had a thought last night I forgot til now.  I am curious if the ladies spend the season defending Erika and feeling sorry for her except for Sutton and maybe Garcelle?  If they do, I wonder what they think now that the Hulu doc is out?  How will they defend their defense?  I mean we ALL knew something was fishy with all these lawsuits the last few years.  It is sounding like they did not choose wisely.  I would drop someone as a friend who did what the Girardi's did immediately.  Yeah it hasn't been proven in a court of law but those ex clients aren't lying.

I am not sure how much of the news dropped during filming? Being sympathetic about the divorce is kind of expected, but when the rest if the news hits if these bitches support her after crucifying Denise for allegedly having sex with another consenting adult, then they are the scum I suspect they all are, excluding Crystal and Kathy as they weren't involved and Garcelle as she refused to join in. Actually, I already know Dorit, Rinna and Kyle are scum but hopefully, whatever remaining fans they have will catch on.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 10
(edited)

I could've seen Bravo hiring her again but the ratings have been bad, I think even similar to NYC and NYC has two less housewives and I imagined it's much cheaper than BH. I think Bravo was banking on Erika to bring in more viewers but it's just not happening as of now, I think it'll get better but not by much, so I think this will be Erika's last season. (And I'm not even mentioning that I think Erika most definitely will do some jail time). 

Frankly I'm watching just to see Sutton question her over and over again, while Sutton's not an aggressive person like, say, Kelly or Kenya, I'm sure she will be enough to make Erika crazy. That's all I'm waiting for. 

I think Erika and her team were working overtime to shift the attention to the divorce, the infidelity, the thirst traps on IG, and wasn't there a report that she "might've been dating" Armie Hammer? Sorry Erika, NOTHING you do will prevent you from being exposed. 

Edited because I knew I read it somewhere.

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2021/01/armie-hammer-posting-nude-pics-of-erka-jayne-having-loud-outdoor/

Edited by charliesan
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 6/15/2021 at 10:38 PM, amarante said:

Erika is claiming that these were gifts and not part of the community property but in California there is a very limited gift exemption. Unless they are of nominal value, there has to be written evidence that they were intended to be gifts and this would be difficult to prove under the circumstances. It would be hard to believe that every single expensive item she acquired over the years was accompanied with a legal document regarding ownership.

Ugh- remember the scene when Tom gave Erica one of his Chagall paintings for her birthday? Not wrapped, just kind of leaning against his desk, fresh off the wall of his study.  

It was an odd scene, but within the context these two grifters having the show provide "proof" of gifting, it just looks like another shady way to protect his ass(ets!) Like the fake divorce and fake dementia. 

Now that Erica is divorced from Tom, can she testify against him? Or is the 'a wife cannot testify against her husband' thing just courtroom drama trope? Anyone know?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

Ugh- remember the scene when Tom gave Erica one of his Chagall paintings for her birthday? Not wrapped, just kind of leaning against his desk, fresh off the wall of his study.  

It was an odd scene, but within the context these two grifters having the show provide "proof" of gifting, it just looks like another shady way to protect his ass(ets!) Like the fake divorce and fake dementia. 

Now that Erica is divorced from Tom, can she testify against him? Or is the 'a wife cannot testify against her husband' thing just courtroom drama trope? Anyone know?

A wife cannot be FORCED to testify against a husband. It has always been optional. She can testify against him, but if she is complicit, she will likely be advised not to by her attorney.

Edited by chlban
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3