Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

On 6/6/2021 at 10:50 PM, Jennifersdc said:

I don’t think Erika is going to jail. He definitely would except for his age and medical. I do think she’s going to have to give up all of her shit though. Which to me is just as good.

He apparently structured the “Pretty Mess” endeavor as a $20M “loan” and I don’t think her greedy, dumb ass fully understands what that 

"Willful Blindness" is a often charged federal offense. I would be hugely surprised if she doesn't end up incarcerated.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 6/9/2021 at 10:35 PM, Julyolo said:

"Willful Blindness" is a often charged federal offense. I would be hugely surprised if she doesn't end up incarcerated.

Honestly I’d be surprised if she did. And I called Teresa Guidice pretty early (I unfortunately know real estate and what they did). But not a law expert by any means.

As I said before - I’ll be satisfied with her losing all her ill-gotten shit. Though it’s unlikely she’ll lose all of it.

My dream is having Bravo film the US Marshall’s coming to confiscate it (is it a Federal case?). I’m a huge fan of Justified (tip - watch if you haven’t - you’ll never leave Harlan alive).

Edited by Jennifersdc
Incredibly minor
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 3/8/2021 at 2:46 AM, Lizzing said:

This is a long read, but it is worth it. Originally in the LA Times, but free on Yahoo. https://news.yahoo.com/vegas-parties-celebrities-boozy-lunches-130030877.html

Thank you for the link.  I assumed Tom must have been using fraudulent practices to line his pockets all along.

This from the article in regard to the Lockheed case:

“The accounting records Girardi reluctantly turned over showed client funds went to “a huge number of persons” unconnected to the litigation, including individuals listed as “K. Ernest Citizen,” "Giovanni Medici” and “Lee Marvin,” according to correspondence filed by the workers’ attorney in subsequent lawsuits.”

Using those silly names to cook the books by adding fabricated names as payees is like putting salt in the wounds of the real victims.

The firm was sued at least 45 times for legal malpractice or misappropriation of client money, according to court dockets:

“He prevailed in some cases. The files of others have been destroyed or are unavailable for review. Many settled before trial.”

I had no idea how deeply he was into the fraud and doing it for his entire career.  Now all of that pilfered money is gone?  What happened to hundreds of millions that was in his account when Erika started on housewives?  Both Tom and Erika are just disgusting.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Useful 4
  • Love 9

If Tom can get a judge and jury to believe he was truly incapacitated and the time all this money was flowing into his accounts, and if Erika is shown to have received some of that money...

Will that make it appear that Erika, as spouse and beneficiary, was pulling the strings, and is the ultimate cause of the fraud? That she exerted influence over him and he was unable to see it was wrong?

Does Tom really have dementia, or is this the ultimate long con, where he is able to foist off his crimes, at least in part, onto Erika?

It would make a great plot for a movie.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
(edited)

I think the dementia claim is a ruse and a distraction.  Dementia doesn't turn you into a a scheming criminal who defrauds orphans and widows.  You don't get dementia and suddenly start discovering sneaky and complicated ways to steal money from clients.     You can't use dementia as an excuse if you started stealing money and defrauding clients decades ago.   I don't know how the courts will see it.

Erika is also a schemer.  She's not above stepping over orphans and widows to live her expensive lifestyle.  She doesn't have a relationship with her son because of her choice to leave him behind to reach for the brass ring. 

I am looking forward to her losing her paintings and handbags and jewelry.  Tom was using his stolen money to buy those, and he tried to hide that money by putting it into art and other gifts for Erika.   She knew why she was being given "investments" in art and it wasn't because either of them have any taste if that hideous mausoleum was their "home."

Is any of this divorce and legal stuff going to be on the show?  I keep checking the threads, but it doesn't seem to have come up at all.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 19

When challenged on WWHL about Bravo going easy on Erika, Andy promised the guest that she would be surprised. 

They've just introduced the divorce on the show; didn't it take another couple of weeks for the money issues to surface?

• Useful 4

https://realityblurb.com/2021/06/12/state-bar-of-california-admits-mistakes-were-made-in-thomas-girardi-complaints-as-hes-accused-of-stealing-25-million-from-clients/

I liked Tom, but he has really been exposed for being a criminal.  

I wonder if Erika and Tom planned for her divorcing him.  He may have even counseled her to blame him all the way, admit nothing because he was going to have dementia/Alzheimers and what can anybody do about that?  Sue him???  The wheels were falling off and I think Tom at some point planned for that eventuality.  

And even if Erika didn't know then, she knows now and there doesn't seem to be any concern at. all. for her husbands victims, still.  Damn girl, are you a clone?

Can anybody sue the CA State Bar for looking the other way so many times, so Tom could commit criminal acts? 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Shannah Banana said:

And even if Erika didn't know then, she knows now and there doesn't seem to be any concern at. all. for her husbands victims, still. 

Therein lays the problem with Erika. Her social media displays are a big F.U. to not only the victims and their families, but to those who feel sympathy for them. Either she has her head in the sand with her fingers stuck in her ears (I can't hear you) and her hands covered over her eyes just like a 2 year old who thinks that means no one can see them, or she just doesn't give a shit, maybe all of the above. 

I think the strategy with the dementia claim is so that Tom doesn't have to deal with the consequences of his actions, which clearly are going to be extremely serious.

It was a really poor decision for Erika to return to the show and further expose the situation, no matter how she spins it. Whether she had knowledge or not, people do not want to see her expensive wardrobe, her angry how dare you face, and laughing it up on vacation with the girls.

If she really needed the gig for the money, perhaps she should have played it down a bit, humbled herself, if not just for her own reputation, but for her son. 

I doubt that she will be doing the Cell Block Tango, but her life will never be the fab one that she has enjoyed thus far with Tom bankrolling her $40K a month glam squad, designer clothes, Broadway appearances....

Every penny she spends will be scrutinized from here on in. She won't be doing herself any favours if she continues to flaunt herself. Based on her instagram, I don't think she has the self awareness to realize this because:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXCLDj9tBBM&ab_channel=erikajayneVEVO

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I doubt that she will be doing the Cell Block Tango

I really, really, really hope she does. 

She could finish her run on Chicago since COVID shut her final appearances down.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
On 6/12/2021 at 6:57 PM, izabella said:

I think the dementia claim is a ruse and a distraction.  Dementia doesn't turn you into a a scheming criminal who defrauds orphans and widows.  You don't get dementia and suddenly start discovering sneaky and complicated ways to steal money from clients.     You can't use dementia as an excuse if you started stealing money and defrauding clients decades ago.   I don't know how the courts will see it.

Erika is also a schemer.  She's not above stepping over orphans and widows to live her expensive lifestyle.  She doesn't have a relationship with her son because of her choice to leave him behind to reach for the brass ring. 

I am looking forward to her losing her paintings and handbags and jewelry.  Tom was using his stolen money to buy those, and he tried to hide that money by putting it into art and other gifts for Erika.   She knew why she was being given "investments" in art and it wasn't because either of them have any taste if that hideous mausoleum was their "home."

Is any of this divorce and legal stuff going to be on the show?  I keep checking the threads, but it doesn't seem to have come up at all.

ITA 100%  You just don't "catch" dementia!  It takes a little while for it to show up! How much y'all want to BET that one of those fake people Tom paid off was MIKEY?????

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

Chronic insomnia allowed me to watch The Housewife and the Hustler in the wee hours of this morning. It's horrifying to learn what Tom put the victims and thier families through. It will be hard to watch Erica for the rest of the season...if I watch at all.

Oh I was hoping someone would post about this show.  Hulu is about the ONLY streaming/channel we don't have. 

• Love 1
(edited)

It was at the top of my Hulu page this am.

It’s pretty bad, but nothing we really didn’t already know. The most compelling were the interviews with the clients he fucked over.

My question is - Erika can say all she wants she didn’t know - but now she does and what does she plan on doing about it? I’m guessing she’s going to do everything in her power to hold on to every single item of her Ill-gotten shit.

What she obviously should do is cooperate and try and get these people,  who were real victims of real tragedies what they are owed. Even if it means selling her jewelry and Chanel. She won’t of course - cause as we all know she gives No Fucks. She dumped the old man the moment she realized all the cash was gone. That should pretty much tell us all we need to know.

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 22

So true and the Fab Fox Five will support her all the way as she lives off the ill gotten gains from the wreckage of the lives of widows and orphans and burn victims.

These are some horrible, horrible people at their root. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

It’s pretty bad, but nothing we really didn’t already know. The most compelling were the interviews with the clients he fucked over.

3 hours ago, amarante said:

However, every inch of footage will be subpoenaed - not just the ones that made the final cut and all of that expensive stuff she flaunted will now be taken back. Bernie Madoff's wife didn't get to keep much after it was all negotiated and she probably had less reason to be suspicious of Madoff's businesses.

Watching the documentary made me realize how sociopathic Tom and Erika were.  I don’t have high expectations that people will be saints and altruistic but I genuinely can’t wrap my mind around being able to live with oneself after stealing from horribly injured people, widows and orphans. And for what - so one can have people dress and style you so that you are photographed. 

Thanks you guys!! 

I always found Erika's basic philosophy (and autotuned song) of "It's Expensive to Be Me"  to be gross but this whole thing really puts it into the super disgusting category.  

And yes, divorcing Old Tom the minute the bank account was frozen pretty much sums up Miss Erika Jayne.   She liked to brag they didn't have a prenup.  Heh.  

At the very least, I would love to see her end up in a one bedroom apartment in the valley, and all her crap auctioned off.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 17

I watched the Hulu special today.  Tom seemed to be using money from his clients settlement escrow accounts for years.  Money he then could not pay back.  He went so far as to convince the family of Joe Ruigomez, his client, who was just 19 when a gas line blew up under his San Bruno, California home in 2010, to use his help to invest their settlement.  They are still waiting for most of their money.  Just one example of many.  So yes, Tom is a snake.

The big question is, where is the money?  He states having  $50-$80 millions in cash, gone.  He states that he had $50 million in his stock portfolio, gone.  None of these numbers include real estate and other assets. I am sure we will know more after forensic accounting, etc. comes to light.  

I can only assume that they featured Danielle Staub because no else wanted to be featured.  Her talking heads were limited but she did work at the same strip club as Erika.  Staub looked a little rough.

Tom paid off many CA politicians and greased many palms in exchange for favors. Looking back now at Erika’s $40,000 per month glam squad, Tom’s paying her way to a music career and giving her Mark Shegal artwork is nauseating.  All done on the back of these poor victims.

How much did Erika know?  That remains to be seen.  Another lawyer on the special says that Tom had 2 planes and too much money for a trial lawyer.

04CEF719-36D1-4826-8BEE-AB3FE62C8A10.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Normades said:

I can only assume that they featured Danielle Staub because no else wanted to be featured.  Her talking heads were limited but she did work at the same strip club as Erika.  Staub looked a little rough.

Dana Wilkey (of the $25K sunglasses) was also featured. It took a minute for me to recognize her but the showed a flashback of the scene with the sunglasses. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

My question is - Erika can say all she wants she didn’t know - but now she does and what does she plan on doing about it? I’m guessing she’s going to do everything in her power to hold on to every single item of her Ill-gotten shit.

What she obviously should do is cooperate and try and get these people,  who were real victims of real tragedies what they are owed. Even if it means selling her jewelry and Chanel. She won’t of course - cause as we all know she gives No Fucks. She dumped the old man the moment she realized all the cash was gone. That should pretty much tell us all we need to know.

10 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

Dana Wilkey (of the $25K sunglasses) was also featured. It took a minute for me to recognize her but the showed a flashback of the scene with the sunglasses. 

@Jennifersdc summarized it quite well. They didn’t cover anything more than what I read so far.

It opened with Danielle Staub talking, so that was odd.

Didnt recognize Dana Wilkey- she wasn’t wearing sunglasses, maybe that’s why

• LOL 13
2 hours ago, Emmeline said:

The big question is, where is the money?  He states having  $50-$80 millions in cash, gone.  He states that he had $50 million in his stock portfolio, gone.

Erika.   That woman went through money like water.   On glam squads, private planes, closets full of costumes, an entire show with crews, lights, etc.   Tom may have used some to ingratiate himself with the CA Bar Assoc. but he knew why Erika was there and that she wasn't going to stay one minute longer than the money lasted.  

And by the way, even IF (and that's a big if) she didn't exactly know where the money was coming from she most certainly noticed signs of dementa/Alzheimers.   That doesn't just show up one day to the point where you are incompetent to participate in your own legal defense.   So either she did know and is disgusting or didn't know but was perfectly okay taking money from her cognitively compromised husband which is disgusting too.  

• Love 13
3 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

I didn’t know who she was until they showed that flashback.  I would never have known that was Dana.

• LOL 2

Teresa insisted she didn't know what Joe was up to but she still served time. Difference between her and Erika is that Teresa is an idiot. Erika is not.  She is all kinds of reprehensible things, but the woman is not stupid. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, chlban said:

Teresa insisted she didn't know what Joe was up to but she still served time. Difference between her and Erika is that Teresa is an idiot. Erika is not.  She is all kinds of reprehensible things, but the woman is not stupid. 

Not defending Erika god knows but Teresa's case was factually much simpler. Teresa had actually signed the false bankruptcy petition after being warned by her attorney that you sign under penalty of perjury. It has been awhile but as I recall she also signed mortgage payments.

That is quite a bit different than having to prove that Erika actually knew that her husband was running a Ponzi scheme. Again the issue is proof beyond a reasonable doubt. There are markers which one lead one to believe since she was a secretary in a few of his businesses but there is nothing to indicate that she had knowledge of the embezzlement. As I posted upthread, Madoff's wife was not charged but did forfeit most of the marital property. Madoff's sons were not charged and they actually worked in the business - albeit not the portion of it that was running the Ponzi scheme which operated on a different floor. However they were physically in the office and should have known that there was no way that the Madoff fund could have been run by the few people who were on that floor.

I think someone calculated that Erika could easily have gone through $10 million just on her glam squad and the stupid music videos. The Glam Squad alone was half a million per year and that isn't counting all of the clothing, makeup, wigs, hair pieces, jewelry etc. 

ETA - I am not defending Erika in terms of her knowledge as I would have no problems seeing her doing time. However, I am not sure based on what is currently out there in terms of evidence that there is proof. Of course the burden of proof is much lower for civil liability and I think she will definitely be held liable for that and all of the judgments might be payable by her - again not entirely sure of what the financial liability would be in California for her earnings AFTER she filed for divorce but any of the stuff she has would all be seized down to the designer track suits she is so fond of. They took all of Ruth Madoff's valuable clothing like furs, jewelry, handbags and a lot of Erika's designer clothing would be quite valuable on the vintage market.

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 8
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Feech said:

When the burn victim took off his shirt and you saw his scars and what he is going through and you know Giradi stole 12 million from him to pay Mikey and the glam squad…..I just don’t know how in good conscience they can keep her on the show.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder what will happen next season

• Love 6

It never seemed as though Erika had any friends.  The glam squad seemed to be companions as well as doing her hair, makeup and styling.  This season she seems to be a bit more chummy with the housewives.

• Love 3

And sunny hostin makes an excellent point. Why would you still be doing this show? They are going to go through every frame and see what you own and go after that. What a stupid stupid thing to do. And she was on boards of his she would know what money was going where. What a horrid woman 

• Love 24
49 minutes ago, amarante said:

Not defending Erika god knows but Teresa's case was factually much simpler. Teresa had actually signed the false bankruptcy petition after being warned by her attorney that you sign under penalty of perjury.

I am not a lawyer but I think they could go after her for income tax filings.  I don't have any expertise in this area but I think she is going to do time.  I HOPE she will do time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

Re-victimized orphans and widows after a horrific tragedy? Blatantly stealing from a burn victim? There is  special place in hell for Tom and Erika.

1 hour ago, amarante said:

I think someone calculated that Erika could easily have gone through $10 million just on her glam squad and the stupid music videos. The Glam Squad alone was half a million per year and that isn't counting all of the clothing, makeup, wigs, hair pieces, jewelry etc

What galls me the most is that some (most?) of that money was used by Erika to flaunt her fabulous lifestyle, outrageous music videos, etc.  starring a middle aged gold-digger. 

I mean, it would be disgusting even if she didn't seek out fame with her fortune as a talent and was just some basic Pasadena spendthrift, but the fact that she built her entire brand on  being rich - which is the minimum requirement for a BH ho-wife somehow makes it even worse in my opinion. 

• Love 19

This is what I’m waiting for, remember Taylor Armstrong.  This is from an old article:

“See, Taylor Armstrong also gave away something from a previous marriage last night: her wedding ring. That, along with two Hermès bags, was the settlement amount for a lawsuit filed against Russell Armstrong by a former business partner and friend. As we know, Russell left Taylor with a heap of litigation and a negative bank account, which meant that she and the plaintiffs had to get creative when it came to settling the debt. This was apparently the most reasonable solution.”

I hope they go after all her jewels, bags and designer clothing.  I noticed when she was cleaning out her closet (ah, the glam squad was going through the stuff & Erika was sitting there) the squad managed to point out that some of the designers sent her things, she didn’t buy them.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, albarino said:

I am not a lawyer but I think they could go after her for income tax filings.  I don't have any expertise in this area but I think she is going to do time.  I HOPE she will do time. 

It's very possible that they filed separate returns. And she wouldn't have anything to do with Girardi-Keese's returns.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, amarante said:

“It’s unwise,” Shechtman said. “Anything that she does that flaunts her wealth, which is ostensibly everything she does, will be evidence against her.

Yep.  He said it much much better than I tried to earlier. 

• Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, Feech said:

The documentary was devastating. How can they keep her on the show when she is living off the blood of burn victims.

THIS, I have a major issue with this being allowed to continue. My reason is right below the next quote. 

3 hours ago, chlban said:

Whatever Teresa did and Joe for that matter was more of a civil crime so I didn't have an issue with them staying on the show. Erica (she knew exactly what was going on) and Tom on the other hand have hurt many, many people who have already been hurt both physically and emotionally. I'm sorry Bravo, you do NOT get a pass to continue to have her on the show. 

To be honest I jumped ship the season after LVP left because I hate Kyle and Rinna with the fire of a thousand suns. I basically just keep up here. 

Edited by missbonnie
  • Love 21
(edited)
32 minutes ago, SerenityNow721 said:

I thought Tom looked like a shell of the Tom we saw on RHBH. He certainly looked like a man with dementia to me. It doesn’t excuse anything, but I’m thinking that, at least, is true.

If it is true, then what does it say about a wife who leaves her sick husband the minute the money stops?  It almost makes me feel bad for Tom.  Almost but not quite - he knew the deal when they got together.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 12
Just now, hoodooznoodooz said:

On WWHL, Casey Wilson said that she was doubtful they will show anything of substance on RHOBH with regard to this case. AC told her that they would surprise her.

Has Andy made any kind of statement or comment about this situation?  I mean officially, like a representative of Bravo. 

• Love 2