Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

"We believe we’re going to be able to prove that Erika was incredibly involved in not just the law firm, but also, he was loaning money to her company 10s of millions of dollars to her company," Edelson said of the "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star, 49, on the "Reality Life with Kate Casey" podcast on Wednesday.

You can listen to Edelson on the podcast here. The first 30 minutes.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9yc3MuYXJ0MTkuY29tL3JlYWxpdHktbGlmZS13aXRoLWthdGUtY2FzZXk/episode/MTNlOWFkNDUtOGZkMi00ZDk2LWJhODktYWMxZjA2NDU4Yjgy?hl=en-CA&ved=2ahUKEwiS8-mun6HxAhVKXc0KHctfDPIQieUEegQIDBAF&ep=6

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

One thing I forgot to mention about this "documentary," the SHADE at playing Karma Chameleon.  I am dying to know if the producers knew the connection to Dorit, and even more I wonder if Boy George had to license the song for its use.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, chlban said:

I am not sure how much of the news dropped during filming? Being sympathetic about the divorce is kind of expected, but when the rest if the news hits if these bitches support her after crucifying Denise for allegedly having sex with another consenting adult, then they are the scum I suspect they all are, excluding Crystal and Kathy as they weren't involved and Garcelle as she refused to join in. Actually, I already know Dorit, Rinna and Kyle are scum but hopefully, whatever remaining fans they have will catch on.

The reunion should be interesting.  Will she show?  I think she had strong opinions about no shows in the past.  I know SHE can't talk about much but I want the ladies to opine on the situation and not hold back.  I really hope there is a way that all the victims of the Girardi's can get questions to Andy for it.  In fact, I think it would be appropriate for all viewer questions to be about stealing from victims.  She is a lying liar who lies.  Or maybe ask the ladies who here has been depositioned?  The entire time she was on the show was a look at this, look at that.  If they didn't have any of their own cash on hand it kinda explains the bday party she threw with no food.  There needs to be a better reunion host.

I have this need for her to pay.  It may be a bit of misplaced anger.  My family was effed by a sociopath so these scum make me so angry I cannot see straight.  In fact my husband saw a lot of similarities between Erika and the sociopath from our past.  Wonder how much cash they have in the Cayman Islands?  No wonder her son won't show his face on tv.

Hey FBI, if you need help digging through stuff, pick me!!!!

• Love 21
4 hours ago, chlban said:

A wife cannot be FORCED to testify against a husband. It has always been optional. She can testify against him, but 8f she is complicit, she will likely be advised not to by her attorney.

But what about an ex-wife?

Is Erica's divorce final?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Spousal privilege applies to communications made while married, even if you are then divorced.  So she could choose not to disclose anything he told her while they were married.

• Useful 10
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

It was really nice to hear that Jay Edelson is doing pro Bono work to help some of the clients Girardi left high and dry.  

• Useful 8
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Spousal privilege applies to communications made while married, even if you are then divorced.  So she could choose not to disclose anything he told her while they were married.

Yes.  The divorce doesn't change spousal privilege, and marriage can't bring it into effect after the fact.  Meaning, if my boyfriend commits a crime I know about, and then later we get married, I could still be compelled to testify on the crime that happened before our marriage.  

• Useful 8
(edited)
On 6/18/2021 at 12:15 PM, TexasGal said:

23 hours ago, lasu said:

Yes.  The divorce doesn't change spousal privilege, and marriage can't bring it into effect after the fact.  Meaning, if my boyfriend commits a crime I know about, and then later we get married, I could still be compelled to testify on the crime that happened before our marriage.  

Thanks to both. I really appreciate the legal insight to all this.

I'm wondering if you have a sense for what would have happened had Erika and Tom had a prenup in terms of clients coming after Erika?

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Jextella said:

Thanks to both. I really appreciate the lega insight to all this.

I'm wondering if you have a sense for what would have happened had Erika and Tom had a prenup in terms of clients coming after Erika?

I’m not a family law expert, but I don’t think it would matter.  A prenup outlines what happens to separate and marital assets at the end of a marriage.  If Tom was distributing assets of his clients to Erika (with or without her knowledge) during their marriage, those clients could still try to recover them from her regardless of what a prenup contained.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

This is why I hope that the victims of Girardi file a lawsuit against the State Bar of California.   This is the body that has the OBLIGATION to investigate complaints against attorneys and to protect the public from shady practices.  I've read info here and there that Girardi "bribed" officials over the years to look the other way and at the end of the Hulu Doc there was a card that stated that the State Bar in essence admitted that the way they handled complaints against Girardi has forced them to implement new practices.  I think the State Bar will do a lot - including offering huge settlements - to avoid the discovery process that such a lawsuit will produce.  And I don't see a judge granting a demurrer or motion to dismiss.  

This whole thing is disgusting on so many levels but hopefully some good will come out of it in the end as far as cleaning up the association and establishing more protection for clients and victims. I would have thought there was a better system in place so monies would be held in trust.  Honestly I did wonder too how convenient her divorce was, timing def seems connived IMHO.  I don't know how she can continue to flaunt herself on TV quite frankly, or why the producers even allow her too. I haven't seen the Hulu documentary.

• Love 12
37 minutes ago, endure said:

This whole thing is disgusting on so many levels but hopefully some good will come out of it in the end as far as cleaning up the association and establishing more protection for clients and victims

I find that corruption and/or blind eye displayed by those in charge of the California Bar Association disgusting. I’m was doing you favors so you ignored the elephant in the room. My wish is all those that were complicit face professional consequences. I know it won’t happen but it should…

• Love 19
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

I’m not a family law expert, but I don’t think it would matter.  A prenup outlines what happens to separate and marital assets at the end of a marriage.  If Tom was distributing assets of his clients to Erika (with or without her knowledge) during their marriage, those clients could still try to recover them from her regardless of what a prenup contained.

Thank you!

On 6/17/2021 at 2:20 PM, Slakkie said:

Interesting that none of the other cast member s posted on her latest IG post - I meant maybe even they think it's time to distance

I wonder if that was a directive from Bravo?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, endure said:

This whole thing is disgusting on so many levels but hopefully some good will come out of it in the end as far as cleaning up the association and establishing more protection for clients and victims. I would have thought there was a better system in place so monies would be held in trust.  Honestly I did wonder too how convenient her divorce was, timing def seems connived IMHO.  I don't know how she can continue to flaunt herself on TV quite frankly, or why the producers even allow her too. I haven't seen the Hulu documentary.

In no way am I defending the Witch or BRAVO, but..they were obviously filming in November when she filed. As I recall, the other accusations came about a month later? So, how long do they film? You certainly wouldn't expect them to dump her for a divorce (that would leave about 10 women throughout the franchise). So, it may be the reason she is still around. They were already filming and close to the end?  They certainly want her at the Reunion. I would be shocked if this isn't her last season. I just read her lawyers are back with her. I bet at least one part of that agreement is she not return to TV. 

11 hours ago, amarante said:

Erika is selling some of her clothing again on Vestiaire - nothing worth buying and the pricing seems high for clothing that isn't iconic vintage but just used. Granted it was expensive to purchase but these are just used and - at least in my opinion - not "collectible" in style

https://us.vestiairecollective.com/c/erica-jaynes-closet-6897/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrtvHmNSi8QIVuhatBh0YkQATEAAYASAAEgKRivD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Aren't there laws about selling assets during a bankruptcy?

Edited by chlban
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, chlban said:

In no way am I defending the Witch or BRAVO, but..they were obviously filming in November when she filed. As I recall, the other accusations came about a month later? So, how long do they film? You certainly wouldn't expect them to dump her for a divorce (that would leave about 10 women throughout the franchise). So, it may be the reason she is still around. They were already filming and close to the end?  They certainly want her at the Reunion. I would be shocked if this isn't her last season. I just read her lawyers are back with her. I bet at least one part of that agreement is she not return to TV. 

Aren't there laws about selling assets during a bankruptcy?

I agree as I think her defenders have been quiet since the documentary aired on Monday and brought what was bubbling below the surface to the foreground in terms of mass coverage.

Their behavior on the show would seem to be "excusable" because all they (or most people) knew during most of the actual shooting was that she was going through a messy divorce. Of course most of them probably also thought timing was convenient in terms of leaving your husband of 20 years when he was facing financial difficulty - I am not sure when that information began to surface.

However, there was a period of time after production and before Monday when the documentary aired, that they were supporting Erika as if she was a normal divorcee.

However at the time of the initial announcement of the divorce which would be when Erika shows up at the French themed party, it was early on and no one knew anything other than it was a typical divorce of a gold digger. Oddly - for all their faults - the current crew of housewives aren't gold diggers. Dorit might fall into that category since it is difficult to understand PK's charms other than the lifestyle he seems to have provided her with however grifting his ways are.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, amarante said:

Erika is selling some of her clothing again on Vestiaire - nothing worth buying and the pricing seems high for clothing that isn't iconic vintage but just used. Granted it was expensive to purchase but these are just used and - at least in my opinion - not "collectible" in style

https://us.vestiairecollective.com/c/erica-jaynes-closet-6897/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrtvHmNSi8QIVuhatBh0YkQATEAAYASAAEgKRivD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Those sizes look pretty big to be hers.  I mean there are Size 6 and 8 (US) as well as Mediums.  There is no way these are hers or they were hers years ago.

And yes calling 6 and 8 big is weird but those women are tiny

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, OdinO. said:

$600 for green polyester track pants! That's crazy!

She looks like a size 8 to me. she is not tiny.

I am nit surprised by the sizing because she isn’t an ectomorph or more accurately anorexic like Rinna. She has a toned body but she isn’t pin thin. 

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, amarante said:

I am nit surprised by the sizing because she isn’t an ectomorph or more accurately anorexic like Rinna. She has a toned body but she isn’t pin thin. 

She is curvy and tall. Good combo.

• Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, OdinO. said:

She looks like a size 8 to me. she is not tiny.

She is definitely not fat, but with her height and body type, I'm pretty sure 6/8 is her size.

There has been speculation that she got Tom to back her singing because she knew about the affair with the judge. Well, I can see Tom bankrolling it but deciding if the house of cards falls, she'll take a licking.

Edited by hatchetgirl
Add stuff and spelling
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 6/14/2021 at 7:42 PM, chlban said:

Teresa insisted she didn't know what Joe was up to but she still served time.

Yeah, but her signature was on documents that incriminated both of them.  The ‘I didn’t know what I was signing’ defense didn’t work there.  If Erika hasn’t signed anything, she may be protected from that particular outcome.

• Love 3
On 6/15/2021 at 12:01 AM, Cosmocrush said:

If it is true, then what does it say about a wife who leaves her sick husband the minute the money stops?  It almost makes me feel bad for Tom.  Almost but not quite - he knew the deal when they got together.  

I live near the Twin Cities and got the news about the officer that shot and killed George Floyd that, shortly after his arrest and indictment, the wife left him and they are now divorced.

https://news.yahoo.com/derek-chauvin-ex-wife-filed-184333358.html

Has everything to do with separating one’s self from the financial implications of financial implications from lawsuits.  There was also some fraud involved, as I recall.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
(edited)

I saw this on Twitter.  If you can get to the law360 article, it’s a good one.  When I tried to link the article directly, Law360 wanted me to register, which I wasn’t willing to do.  If you go through the Twitter link it seem to work without the need to register.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Useful 6
  • Love 8
(edited)

If you have access to twitter, this Brandon Lowrey @brandonous has lots of juicy tidbits about the Girardi’s.  This is part of a recent post:

“Law360 (March 30, 2021, 4:45 PM EDT) -- Months after the 2000 film "Erin Brockovich" dramatized a legal battle between the small California town of Hinkley and a corporation that poisoned its water, Thomas Girardi and the rest of the movie's attorney-heroes geared up for a case that seemed fit for a sequel.

This time, Girardi, Walter Lack, James Vititoe and Ed Masry represented about 600 residents of Willits, a city of 5,000 near Northern California's redwood forests, in a mass tort over pollution from a local hydraulics factory.

But something went wrong after the famous attorneys announced a $13.5 million settlement with the chemical company defendants in 2006. The working-class residents wrote a letter on lined notebook paper begging the federal judge on the case to investigate their lawyers.”

823939AF-1F0A-413E-98FF-E59F03539068.jpeg

Edited by Emmeline
  • Useful 12
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

Ugh, and the way he manipulated that burn victim and his family with all the platitudes and "I'm a good guy, I'm on your side, but the justice won't allow me to release funds to you," all the while blowing through that man's (apparently $12 million) settlement was downright revolting.  

He should have immediately been disbarred and investigated when this bullshit was called to the attention of that particular justice and said justice had to make a statement that he had absolutely zero control over the distribution of the claimant's monies, that was between the claimant and Girardi.  

It would appear the legal powers turned a blind eye to all of Girardi's bullshit in exchange for invitations to huge parties, expensive tokens and gifts, and being part of his "elite" (snort) circle.  

Any of them who let this thievery go unchecked should be ashamed of themselves, yet I strongly suspect none of them are remorseful.  They had their good time with Girardi and apparently have zero remorse.  

Ugh.  It's all so sickening on every level.  

I fear it is revealing that this level of corruption appears everywhere with the elites and to believe that he was allowed to do this for so long is frightening. We should question authority if this has been clearly going on unabated for years.

Edited by OdinO.
  • Love 12

Did any of Tom's victims hire other lawyers to sue HIM for not disbursing their settlement funds?  They should form a class action lawsuit against him now, if possible. 

And it seems like maybe laws should be changed in terms of how settlement funds are disbursed.  Like, have the payer send the funds directly to the victim, and the victim can pay the lawyer.  Or just write two separate checks - one for the victim and one for the lawyer.  Eliminates the entire potential fraud and theft problem.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
44 minutes ago, OdinO. said:

I fear it is reveling that this level of corruption appears everywhere the elites do and to believe that he was allowed to do this for so long is frightening. We should question authority if this is clearly going on unabated for years.

Precisely.

I cannot understand why that justice didn't have him at the very least suspended when the situation his name was dragged into came to his attention.  Those victims even had proof in writing and on audio of what Girardi was telling them, that the justice would not allow disbursement of funds at that time.  

Although the justice did make the statement that he was not in way involved with distribution of the settlement, why in the fresh hell did he not see that MASSIVE red flag and take immediate action?  I mean, even if not immediate disbarment, at least suspend his practicing privileges until a thorough investigation could take place.  

I totally agree with you.  The corruption in this case goes all the way to the top of the legal system and that is indeed frightening.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Here’s an interesting portion of the 360law article above 

On Friday, Richards revealed details about payments made to Erika Girardi in a motion seeking to force her landlord to turn over financial documents and answer questions under oath about how Erika Girardi is paying rent. She lives in a roughly 2,000 square foot home in an affluent Los Angeles neighborhood.

The allegations in the motion appeared to support a litigation lender's claim in 2019 that Erika Girardi's entertainment company, EJ Global LLC, borrowed $20 million from Girardi Keese.

Richards said that she recently started up what appears to "simply be a successor company" and that she has "multiple financial accounts and the debtor's books show Erika owes large receivables to the debtor."

• Useful 9
  • Love 3
On 6/18/2021 at 5:18 PM, Carolina Girl said:

This is why I hope that the victims of Girardi file a lawsuit against the State Bar of California.   This is the body that has the OBLIGATION to investigate complaints against attorneys and to protect the public from shady practices.  I've read info here and there that Girardi "bribed" officials over the years to look the other way and at the end of the Hulu Doc there was a card that stated that the State Bar in essence admitted that the way they handled complaints against Girardi has forced them to implement new practices.  I think the State Bar will do a lot - including offering huge settlements - to avoid the discovery process that such a lawsuit will produce.  And I don't see a judge granting a demurrer or motion to dismiss.  

We complained to the state bar about the trust atty helping our sociopath (he has a history of shady business).  They did nothing.  I think the state bar is as corrupt as some of these lawyers.  Sue the living shit out of anyone and everyone who enabled these fuckers.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

We complained to the state bar about the trust atty helping our sociopath (he has a history of shady business).  They did nothing.  I think the state bar is as corrupt as some of these lawyers.  Sue the living shit out of anyone and everyone who enabled these fuckers.

It goes beyond the legal system. The rich and elites from DC to everywhere the elites are, work together to maintain that the system that enriches them. They will protect each other. Just think of the Epstein horror story. We need to clean house.

Edited by OdinO.
  • Love 16
On 6/20/2021 at 1:36 PM, izabella said:

Did any of Tom's victims hire other lawyers to sue HIM for not disbursing their settlement funds?  They should form a class action lawsuit against him now, if possible.

They did do this, but Tom used his connections with the bar and judiciary and his own actions to stall his clients to make sure that the statute of limitations would be about to run out before his clients could bring a cause of action or find themselves in front a sympathetic judge. He did that with the Prempro clients. I know that some of his clients  who were time barred tried to get a class certified and were denied.

And it seems like maybe laws should be changed in terms of how settlement funds are disbursed.  Like, have the payer send the funds directly to the victim, and the victim can pay the lawyer.  Or just write two separate checks - one for the victim and one for the lawyer.  Eliminates the entire potential fraud and theft problem.

Yeah, you can't give the funds to the clients because they'll never turn it over to their attorneys. Additionally when you're dealing with class action cases, there could be tons of plaintiffs with wildly different damages. Plaintiffs aren't equipped to handle that. Most attorneys aren't this crooked. If the money is turned over to an independent entity to hold in escrow until the lawyers fees are tallied and the individual settlement amounts are determined, that service costs money and does reduce the amount of money for the plaintiffs. Plaintiffs don't really understand all of these complexities.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

More importantly, who is that person with Erika and why is she looking at her like that?

It looks like Princess Leia, but I could be wrong.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

More importantly, who is that person with Erika and why is she looking at her like that?

It's allegedly her assistant. 

Either she stopped paying her team or they're punking her because I cannot believe she thought she would look good by being photographed with that t-shirt, showing she doesn't know how to pump gas and making her assistant (how can she afford an assistant now?) do it for her. 

I think even Teresa appeared to be more demure and humble and that in itself is a mindfuck. 

• Love 5