Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

Ooooh they had these in an airport I was in.  They are great!  I felt so good after that. 
Her face looks thinner.  I can imagine she’s not needing to eat her feelings anymore, now that she separated from Kodouche. 

• Like 8
28 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Ooooh they had these in an airport I was in.  They are great!  I felt so good after that. 
Her face looks thinner.  I can imagine she’s not needing to eat her feelings anymore, now that she separated from Kodouche. 

And no Meri, and no Sobbyn!  Much better.

• Like 6
On 12/18/2022 at 6:00 PM, greekmom said:

Koduche's relationship with Janelle and vis versa always confused me. It seemed more like a business relationship than a marriage. I mean obviously they had kids but she didn't seem head over heels in love with the douche like Christine was and Sobyn.  

I re read their book not too long ago and you are right in your assumption of not being head over heels in love. 

Janelle was previously married to Meri's brother Adam. So she knew Kody and Meri, the family and their lifestyle pretty well. They kept in touch after her divorce and the book implies that Meri and Kody sort of felt responsible for her and stayed in touch.

It seems that for both Janelle and Kody, their spiritual marriage was more of a convenience marriage than a romantic or passionate relationship. Janelle said that she was in love with the lifestyle and got along with Kody really well. Basically the same goes for Kody who wanted a 2nd wife.

Kody did call her "extremely attractive' at one point in the book and Janelle called him handsome, but that's about as romantic as it would get. They only talk about a spiritual connection, buddies, destiny, etc. Kody also said that Janelle was the only one with whom he could have long interesting conversations on a wide range of topics. (I presume that this was the pre-Robyn era)

Hope this bit from the book helps...

Edited by LilyD
  • Like 7
  • Useful 6

Meets too lazy to stretch without assistance. So nuts!

I did it once and it's definitely a good way for someone lazy like me to get a stretch. But there are also stretches they can help you achieve that I a) didn't know and b) couldn't achieve or hold for any length of time without their help. My husband has back trouble that is largely alleviated by stretching and I've been trying to convince him to go.

• Like 2
  • Useful 7
9 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I did it once and it's definitely a good way for someone lazy like me to get a stretch. But there are also stretches they can help you achieve that I a) didn't know and b) couldn't achieve or hold for any length of time without their help.

I would try it if they were in my town. I'm in a wheelchair and some stretches are really hard for me to do with my limits. 

• Like 7
9 hours ago, dariafan said:

Awww jenelle’s strong genes didn’t seem to knock out Caleb’s in the kids.   Not that they aren’t cute. 

Axel may have a little Janelle in him. He looks a little like Hunter, although he looks a little like Paedon too. 

image.png.1916b47790f071688ef3c2a08ca89271.png

• Like 9
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Axel may have a little Janelle in him. He looks a little like Hunter, although he looks a little like Paedon too. 

image.png.1916b47790f071688ef3c2a08ca89271.png

I think I figured out why some of the kids hate Meri…. Every year she made them horrible clown pajamas and they had to wear them. 🤡

looks like she bought the ugliest fabric in the clearance bin.

• Like 2
  • LOL 14

I m guessing Aspyn is the blonde next to Logan.  Possibly Leon in the navy???? Or is that Mykelti and Leon is the one on the far right??? And I believe that could be Maddie in the green/burgany/ white chevronish pattern. Based on size, Hunter may be the one in the red. 

• Like 2

I think the back row is Leon in blue, Aspyn, Logan and Mykelti in blue w/cows. The second row is Maddie in the chevron, Paedon, Hunter and Garrison. The two little ones in the front are Gabe and Gwen.

image.png.f7f475f41b5b6e503928b165a95d6ba0.png

Here they are a little older, with Ysabel and Savannah, and more recognizable.

image.png.8d6bbc6a049a99d2c7d27e0908c47c97.png

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2

Gah!  Of all the cute fabric that Meri could have used, she picked remnants from the upholstery section.  A couple of the children look like they are wearing slipcovers!  Why, Meri, why?

This is not at all what I imagined her famed Christmas pajamas looking like, hah. 

In that pic of Madi's house I recognize the same sexy, racially ambiguous Jesus picture I saw on the wall at ... was it Christine's house?   Do they have more than one or did Madi take it for herself?  Or did I see it at Madi's house originally?  I just binged watched some shows from season 14-15 and I may be confused. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
11 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

In that pic of Madi's house I recognize the same sexy, racially ambiguous Jesus picture I saw on the wall at ... was it Christine's house?   Do they have more than one or did Madi take it for herself?  Or did I see it at Madi's house originally?  I just binged watched some shows from season 14-15 and I may be confused. 

At one time that Jesus picture was available at every Mormon bookstore in the country and if the AUB have a bookstore, probably there, too.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 6
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think the back row is Leon in blue, Aspyn, Logan and Mykelti in blue w/cows. The second row is Maddie in the chevron, Paedon, Hunter and Garrison. The two little ones in the front are Gabe and Gwen.

image.png.f7f475f41b5b6e503928b165a95d6ba0.png

Here they are a little older, with Ysabel and Savannah, and more recognizable.

image.png.8d6bbc6a049a99d2c7d27e0908c47c97.png

In the second photo I can easily identify Aspyn, Logan, Maddie, Mykelti, Leon, Hunter, Paedon (he was so tall even then). I know the baby has to be Savannah and that Ysabel in-between Aspyn and Paedon?

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

In that pic of Madi's house I recognize the same sexy, racially ambiguous Jesus picture I saw on the wall at ... was it Christine's house?

Oh yes, Kenny Loggins Jesus, I saw that picture, too. I also remember seeing it at Christine's, but maybe they all have a copy? 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
13 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

The mis-matched cabinet doors and the door extending beyond the microwave would disturb my Libra sense of balance.

From one air sign to another, tthhpptt!  🤪

Aquarius

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Like 6
On 12/29/2022 at 11:10 PM, Teafortwo said:

Right? She's like the anti-Meri lol.

Janelle doesn't strike me as vindictive or spiteful, so I wonder if she was able to take any (much-deserved) pleasure in posting a perfectly lovely, filter-free picture  of herself knowing that Meri abolutely would never  ...

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

The mis-matched cabinet doors and the door extending beyond the microwave would disturb my Libra sense of balance.

Pisces here, but my OCD does not like unbalanced in general.  I'm definitely not liking the kitchen cabinets!  

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It opens the wrong direction as well.

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Lurk said:

It opens the wrong direction as well.

Maybe Maddie or Caleb are left handed and that’s easier for them?

4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Janelle doesn't strike me as vindictive or spiteful, so I wonder if she was able to take any (much-deserved) pleasure in posting a perfectly lovely, filter-free picture  of herself knowing that Meri abolutely would never  ...

Ha! I don’t think Janelle thinks about Meri that much. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I am just a sleepy Scorpio but I cannot make sense of the cabinets. I need to see a picture of the other side of the stove and microwave. Is there another random long thin cabinet door on the other side. 
I think one of the best features of the house we just sold—other than location—was the numerous wooden cabinets in our large kitchen. The buyer was excited about them. These cabinets confuse me. 

• Like 7
18 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I am just a sleepy Scorpio but I cannot make sense of the cabinets. I need to see a picture of the other side of the stove and microwave. Is there another random long thin cabinet door on the other side. 
I think one of the best features of the house we just sold—other than location—was the numerous wooden cabinets in our large kitchen. The buyer was excited about them. These cabinets confuse me. 

I think they went to the odds and ends bins at the building supply store and made do with what they could find. Even the hinges don't match.

I hear you about lots of cabinets, a big  buying feature for me in my present home is a pantry wall 12 feet long and 10 inches deep.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

I guess if they are okay enough with the cabinets, that is good enough for me.  Not my kitchen.  My kitchen is a white IKEA one, dreaded "no color" but I love it and wouldn't change it.  Different tastes.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Twopper said:

she's got it on her instagram reels; the cabinets over the refrigerator are the original ones. She posted 24 weeks ago and said "we still need to finish the cabinets"

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 9.11.35 PM.png

• Useful 8

So a lot changed in the past year. Last year Janelle rented an Airbnb for the holidays. This year she did Thanksgiving at Logan's and Christmas at Maddie's. It seems only Paedon is hanging out with his half siblings.

I'm guessing Janelle's life in Flagstaff feels less lonely now because her expectations are now different, but I do wonder how she feels still living there.

I get two of her boys and Savannah are around, but they have their own lives. It'll be interesting to see where she actually lands once Savannah is settled.

• Like 10
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So a lot changed in the past year. Last year Janelle rented an Airbnb for the holidays. This year she did Thanksgiving at Logan's and Christmas at Maddie's. It seems only Paedon is hanging out with his half siblings.

I'm guessing Janelle's life in Flagstaff feels less lonely now because her expectations are now different, but I do wonder how she feels still living there.

I get two of her boys and Savannah are around, but they have their own lives. It'll be interesting to see where she actually lands once Savannah is settled.

I think Gwen hangs with Gabe/Garrison a bit because they are still in Flagstaff. Janelle probably went to Maddie's this year for Christmas because her third bio grandchild is due soon, so I am sure Maddie appreciated the visit. 

If Gabe and Garrison stay in Flagstaff I could see Janelle being happy there. But I wouldn't be surprised if she kind of RVed around with her dog, visiting her kids, friends, whatever MLM stuff she wanted to do.

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think Gwen hangs with Gabe/Garrison a bit because they are still in Flagstaff. Janelle probably went to Maddie's this year for Christmas because her third bio grandchild is due soon, so I am sure Maddie appreciated the visit. 

If Gabe and Garrison stay in Flagstaff I could see Janelle being happy there. But I wouldn't be surprised if she kind of RVed around with her dog, visiting her kids, friends, whatever MLM stuff she wanted to do.

Plus all Janelle’s kids except Maddie were together at Thanksgiving at Logan’s.  So Christmas with Maddie seems appropriate.  When you have multiple adult offspring and their spouses/ girlfriends in various places, you can’t expect every holiday to be all of you. It would  be even more impractical  for the 13 OG offspring and their Moms to be in the same place 

• Like 13
2 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Plus all Janelle’s kids except Maddie were together at Thanksgiving at Logan’s.  So Christmas with Maddie seems appropriate.  When you have multiple adult offspring and their spouses/ girlfriends in various places, you can’t expect every holiday to be all of you. It would  be even more impractical  for the 13 OG offspring and their Moms to be in the same place 

Yup! Just like Mykelti missed Logan's wedding because she was too far along in her pregnancy, but she went to the other events. It happens. One good thing about having so many kids they have good relationships with is that they will always have somewhere to visit for the holidays. And I could see each sibling (even if they are single or short on cash etc) being welcomed SOMEWHERE for holidays or special occasions. Janelle seems pretty easy going, and understanding that her kids have plans/lives and will figure out where she is going to be and be pretty happy there.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Janelle was struggling with loneliness three years ago. Three years ago she still had kids at home. I just don't see how she deal with the loneliness if she remains in Flagstaff.

I would think this year would be the year to skip Maddie's for Christmas because she knows she'll be there for the birth very soon.

I only mentioned Paedon because Christine made it sound like hers and Janelle's families were going to become one big happy family and I just don't see that.

The kids hanging out with each other aren't going to make Janelle less lonely.

• Like 5