Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

There is nothing better than shimp and grits. But the shrimp don't usually look like that. I'm from coastal GA and the best shrimp in the world come out of the Atlantic Ocean. The shrimpers sell them at the docks or local seafood markets.  No frozen or imported shrimp for me and no farm raised shrimp.  But Janelles's shrimp and grits look nothing like the coastal dishes that am used to. Cooked shrimp should be pink not off white and the dish usually has spices and bacon in it. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

There is nothing better than shimp and grits. But the shrimp don't usually look like that. I'm from coastal GA and the best shrimp in the world come out of the Atlantic Ocean. The shrimpers sell them at the docks or local seafood markets.  No frozen or imported shrimp for me and no farm raised shrimp.  But Janelles's shrimp and grits look nothing like the coastal dishes that am used to. Cooked shrimp should be pink not off white and the dish usually has spices and bacon in it. 

I lived over 10 years in New Orleans and have a house in pensacola and this doesn’t resemble the shrimp and grits I know and love.  I also like shrimp scampi over zucchini noodles.  But I don’t think Janelle has ever lived near the coast so I give her a C+ for effort. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

6A45EBDD-053F-4418-B8B2-F0C281D3C161.jpeg

0FCF980A-A658-4790-9246-3094718A012F.jpeg

Ok, do y'all think it's possible to show up at their house and pretend to be a long lost relative and be invited to dinner?

Another thought,  I would like to send Jill Rodrigues these pictures ( Dugger groupie) so she can see what a true holiday meal looks like?

• Like 8
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

You are correct.

Thank you.  I wasn’t sure about Paedon.  It made sense though since he and Gwen don’t get along.  I’m also assuming Christine and her kids wanted to stay close to MyKelti 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Am I correct- all Janelle’s  kids except Maddie, plus Michelle, Hunter’s girlfriend, and Paedon? 

It's so nice to see Janelle with her kids, away from the KoDouche Sobyn crew. I hope K&R see these photos and see what a fabulous TDay celebration it was WITHOUT THEM. I'm sure Christine has similar with her family too.

And you know that Kotex was angry today, Sobyn was probably frowning overtime, trying to cook (I'm guessing she's a shit cook and her kids don't know how to cook either because they're above doing that sort of thing). And then he sees the photos of Logan and Michelle's TDay feast and gets angry over not being invited. That makes me smile. Is that wrong?

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 15

I think Janelle's going, going, gone!  If it's not in the news yet, it'll probably be announced soon.  Her body language is definitely displaying cues of weariness and being fed up with it all, along with a noticeable uptick in impatience with Kody.

BTW, Michelle seems to have a thing for drinking and cocktails.  Didn't she donate a kidney in the past?  Of course, maybe she doesn't actually drink the stuff, but I could've sworn that there's a pic from her wedding of her drinking from a flask.   🤷‍♀️  I just wondered how hard it can be on one's system to process alcohol with just one kideny?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

I think Janelle's going, going, gone!  If it's not in the news yet, it'll probably be announced soon.  Her body language is definitely displaying cues of weariness and being fed up with it all, along with a noticeable uptick in impatience with Kody.

BTW, Michelle seems to have a thing for drinking and cocktails.  Didn't she donate a kidney in the past?  Of course, maybe she doesn't actually drink the stuff, but I could've sworn that there's a pic from her wedding of her drinking from a flask.   🤷‍♀️  I just wondered how hard it can be on one's system to process alcohol with just one kideny?

Maybe Michelle doesn’t drink often, just for events. The flask was likely a prop/stunt/one time thing.

Speaking of flasks, one of my Flagstaff academy instructors, a former FBI agent, did carry one everywhere when he wasn’t working. I occasionally check to see if he’s still alive. Heavy drinker off duty, that one. If he hasn’t quit, I suspect his liver has.

Back to Janelle. I agree she appears weary and fed up. I remember when Christine said she couldn’t be married to Kody anymore and I 100% believed her and that she was gonna split (shortly before Meri lumbered over to tell her to “look at the mountain”). Janelle is getting close — I think she sees that Kody doesn’t care about her much anymore and finally sees (admits) the Robyn favouritism.

Robyn has destroyed this family. We knew it from the start. It was a slow degradation, then covid happened and revealed the real Kody and Robyn. I hope Kody is left with the needy lazy queen and the barnacle he can’t get rid of. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4

BTW, Michelle seems to have a thing for drinking and cocktails.  Didn't she donate a kidney in the past?

I had a friend who had only one kidney and she drank socially. It wasn't a problem for her. I think it's more the liver that is impacted by alcohol.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, gingerella said:

It's so nice to see Janelle with her kids, away from the KoDouche Sobyn crew. I hope K&R see these photos and see what a fabulous TDay celebration it was WITHOUT THEM. I'm sure Christine has similar with her family too.

And you know that Kotex was angry today, Sobyn was probably frowning overtime, trying to cook (I'm guessing she's a shit cook and her kids don't know how to cook either because they're above doing that sort of thing). And then he sees the photos of Logan and Michelle's TDay feast and gets angry over not being invited. That makes me smile. Is that wrong?

I was thinking they might have turned the cooking over to Meri but maybe she’s still traveling!

Didn’t Meri bring something goofy to last years gathering with Kody and Robyn?

• Like 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Thank you.  I wasn’t sure about Paedon.  It made sense though since he and Gwen don’t get along.  I’m also assuming Christine and her kids wanted to stay close to MyKelti 

Poor Paedon having to look like a young kody 

• Sad 2
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Except he towers over Kootie, vertically.  Maybe someday, when Kootie infuriates one of his sons, they'll fix his clock.  I hope that it's on camera, IF it ever happens!

Does that make me a bad person?  It probably does.  I just hate it that Kootie is a shit father to most of his original 13, or so it seems to me.

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, dariafan said:

I know beauty is subjective, but in his youth Kody was a nice looking guy, his sons looking like him, but not being like him in character would be the best of both worlds IMO.

Garrison also looks just like Kody, but a smaller build (where as Paedon has a larger build). I see him in Logan too, but Logan has darker hair and a slimmer/oval face, compared to a square face like Kody, Paedon and Garrison.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I know beauty is subjective, but in his youth Kody was a nice looking guy, his sons looking like him, but not being like him in character would be the best of both worlds IMO.

From his TikTok's Paedon seems like a showboat. The energy is very similar to dear old dad. But we have hope that Christine's influence can knock that back a bit.

I'm not sure of the political or religious leanings which may or may not be important regarding how these people act in their relationships and society. We know some denominations cling to a patriarchal order which I would find disappointing (personal opinion). I believe I read that Paedon does not approve of Leon's or Gwen's sexuality and that Garrison is LDS? But that could all be gossip.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
21 hours ago, gingerella said:

I'm sure Robyn is a passable cook.  I think when she was posting online, she talked about Dayton loving to cook.  I think I remember a post of Aurora making pasta from scratch

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

It’s only logical that some of the kids, especially the boys, look like dad. They (unfortunately) carry 50% of his genes after all. Let’s hope they inherited the better part of his dna.
And let’s also hope the moms have had some good influence on their kids, directing them in the right direction. While Kody has some obvious character flaws (like his temper) most of his ugly traits seem to stem from either his religious ideas or  the way he was raised and adored over the years. I’m positive regarding the boys. Most boys worship their moms and dad has shown them how not to treat women…

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Garrison also looks just like Kody, but a smaller build (where as Paedon has a larger build). I see him in Logan too, but Logan has darker hair and a slimmer/oval face, compared to a square face like Kody, Paedon and Garrison.

Unpopular opinion: I think Kody wouldn’t be so bad if he’d shave his head. It’s his personality that makes him so ugly and unlikeable. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Unpopular opinion: I think Kody wouldn’t be so bad if he’d shave his head. It’s his personality that makes him so ugly and unlikeable. 

Well, he'd certainly LOOK better if he stopped with the ramen shaggedy head. He thinks he looks younger, probably, but really he just looks ridiculous. I agree 100% that his personality is what's turning everyone off, including his family. He's ugly on the inside.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Didn’t Meri bring something goofy to last years gathering with Kody and Robyn?

Meri historically prepared the Brown family Thanksgiving turkey. Robyn wanted to do it that year and was nervous about asking Meri if that was ok. Meri said fine and appeared on Thanksgiving Day with a Rice Krispie Treat turkey stuffed with M&Ms.

I think that Kody was reasonably attractive in his younger years. He looks like a muppet in the opening credits. His hair is awful now but he could be ok looking if he would shave his head and keep his mouth shut.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Meri historically prepared the Brown family Thanksgiving turkey. Robyn wanted to do it that year and was nervous about asking Meri if that was ok. Meri said fine and appeared on Thanksgiving Day with a Rice Krispie Treat turkey stuffed with M&Ms.

Oh lord, I'd forgotten exactly what she brought. Rice Krispie Treat turkey stuffed with M&Ms? Only Meri would dream of such a thing - retaliatory turkey. She really is nuts.

• LOL 6
9 minutes ago, altopower said:

Oh lord, I'd forgotten exactly what she brought. Rice Krispie Treat turkey stuffed with M&Ms? Only Meri would dream of such a thing - retaliatory turkey. She really is nuts.

I'm sure it was producer driven but I actually thought it was kind of cute and Meri (for a change) seemed sort of playful about it. Everyone was so worried about hurting her feelings by having her not make the Thanksgiving turkey and she did manage to pull off a sort of lighthearted prank about it. And the little kids loved it. 

I don't think it was Meri's idea - I'm pretty sure I've seen the Rice Krispie turkey on the internets.

For all I know, there was arsenic in the Rice Krispie turkey but it was a rare moment of levity from Meri and Robyn so it sticks in my head.

• Like 9
  • Love 7
On 11/25/2022 at 2:51 AM, Rabbit Hutch said:

Logan and Michelle must really like to drink.  I commented about it back when their wedding photos were posted.  A beer bearer to provide beer to guests during the ceremony, Michelle drinking from a flask before the ceremony, drinks at reception, plus a lot of alcohol inspired photos back in earlier days…..I definitely got the impression they like to drink.  Of course, there’s nothing wrong with that in moderation.  I guess I notice, due to the people that I know who have issues.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Logan and Michelle must really like to drink.  I commented about it back when their wedding photos were posted.  A beer bearer to provide beer to guests during the ceremony, Michelle drinking from a flask before the ceremony, drinks at reception, plus a lot of alcohol inspired photos back in earlier days…..I definitely got the impression they like to drink.  Of course, there’s nothing wrong with that in moderation.  I guess I notice, due to the people that I know who have issues.  

Its interesting since I think Garrison is LDS. Seemingly very opposite belief systems going on. 

• Useful 3
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I'm taking the turkey talk to theMeri thread!

• LOL 3

Well, the bigger the group of people (in this case 1 huge family) the bigger the chances for opposite beliefs I guess…Especially in this case where the entire family was raised in a fundamentalist environment which has left its mark till today. 

I can absolutely see how alcohol and liberal ideas about sexuality could potentially cause problems and even divide the family. You can already see how some have become pretty liberal and for example embrace Leon and Gwen’s life and coming out, whereas others like Paedon reject it. I don’t think Garrison is the only one who has joined the LDS which, unless I’m mistaken, is also fairly conservative concerning marriage, alcohol and homosexuality. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I don’t think Garrison is the only one who has joined the LDS which, unless I’m mistaken, is also fairly conservative concerning marriage, alcohol and homosexuality.

Well we know for sure some of Janelle's kids enjoy alcohol.  Nothing wrong with that.  Several have lived together before marriage, nothing wrong with that either.  With the exception of a few of the children.  I think that most of the siblings are okay with Leon and Gwen.  

I'm from the C o C.  The church teaches that homosexuality is wrong, so are the two other items alcohol and living together before marriage.  So why are some of the siblings accepting of those other two issues, as far as the bible is concerned they are all a sin.  By the way I haven't attended church in decades, so I don't hold these views.  But we have several members who went to the pastor asking their advice because they have children who are gay and were getting married and felt conflicted about attending the wedding.  

The pastor stated first and foremost they are you children and you love them, that is all that should matter to you, they know your views on the issue and just want you to be there for their big day.  So you attend and be happy for your child.  Concerning being gay, that is between your child and the Lord. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3

I'm not religious, but I would quit any church that went against my beliefs. But that's me. I have a friend who was fired from her job within the Catholic school system when she married her (now) wife. They now have 3 kids and are raising them in the Catholic church. So everyone has their own line.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

This is another example of Robyn not knowing her place in the family. If Meri's job has always been cooking the Thanksgiving turkey, then let her cook the damn bird. Go find something else to cook ffs! Robyn always makes it about Robyn, and she wonders why she hasn't got a good relationship with Christine or Janelle...

• Like 3
  • Love 13
39 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Who?

Logan and Michelle (bought a house), Leon and Audrey (in Chicago, SLC and now Denver) and Gwen and Beatriz (Gwen announced on Instagram in August) have all lived together outside of marriage.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Logan and Michelle (bought a house), Leon and Audrey (in Chicago, SLC and now Denver) and Gwen and Beatriz (Gwen announced on Instagram in August) have all lived together outside of marriage.

As did Maddie and Caleb. Although they said they abstained.   Didn’t Gabe move in with his girlfriend when Janelle gave up the rental house? 

• Love 4