Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

On 11/2/2022 at 5:22 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Or she might have wanted a large mansion like Meri and Robyn, her sister wives, live in!

I hope Janelle’s money is in the bank with her name only on the account!

On 11/2/2022 at 5:29 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

From what I’ve seen over the years, Janelle wasn’t big on extravagance.  Wasn’t she the one who said she only needed X amount of space, once kids were gone?  Or was that Christine?  Definitely, not Robyn or Meri. Lol 

True, she never cared much for luxury. In fact, Janelle was always the one who seemed reluctant to spend so much money on rentals or the LV houses. She also said that she didn’t need a huge house with many bedrooms. Her kids could share bedrooms if necessary. 
And in Flagstaff, we had Robyn and Meri in huge and expensive rentals, then Robyn buying her mansion. And Janelle was in her rather run-down rental. Her monthly rent must have been significantly lower than Meri’s!

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I have a feeling Janelle is going to take her leave next season. She is letting Christine have her time now and will do her thing next season.

I can just imagine Kootie's head exploding...

Now if Meri would just wake up and smell the coffee...

Meri is wearing a cloak of her own reality and no matter now much coffee there is for her to smell, she rejects it and think by some miracle, Kody will love her again.

She dug her own hole. I hope Janelle leaves next, leaving the evil 2 Meri and Robyn to deal with each other. It’s perfect. Meri ruined the family by bringing Robyn in to hurt the other wives while trying to raise her own status. She deserves to wallow in that failure. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

Meri isn’t going anywhere. She’s content to be acknowledged. 

Meri couldn’t do any better than she’s doing there with Kody and Robin living in her McMansion!

She can count on the show check and play B&B management. 

She can sell Lulu and go on trips and to meetings and be acknowledged because she’s on a reality show!

Her success depends on the show. 

• Like 6
  • Love 11

Janelle did leave, before the show — it’s in the book. Kody managed to lure her back in. She apparently did fine on her own.

Id love to see this happen again — she doesn’t need those jerks. 

Quoting @TurtlePower above from the episode thread.

It's likely you know more than I do, but it was my understanding that Janelle and Meri got into it, and Janelle moved out. But she was still with Kody and a part of the family. She dropped her kids off at the house Meri/Christine/Kody lived in while she worked, and Kody went to her house every 3rd night on "rotation".

Kody was able to get her to agree to communal living again (and she used her inheritance from her Dad for) to buy the Lehi house, which she agreed because that meant she would have her own kitchen, and could shut the door on Meri. Christine liked the idea of one house but was stuck in the basement. Logan was a tween when they moved into the Lehi house, maybe 12 or 13?

That was very different than what Christine has done in leaving Kody. Also with only having one minor child and no desire for more (Christine said that Truley would be her last kid and she was done), Kody doesn't have a hold on her any more.

Again I may be wrong forgive me!

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Kody Brown Family Entertainment is still active and shows the 5 of them as managers.

Janelle has hired a management team. Although she may have formed an LLC, no clue, this isn’t it.  They’re  going to decide on her brand, help her become an influencer to help her sell crap, help her grow her social media following, blah, blah, blah. They can also help her pitch a tv show, according to their website. 

Janelle ans Christine road show !!!!    

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 11/5/2022 at 3:36 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Quoting @TurtlePower above from the episode thread.

It's likely you know more than I do, but it was my understanding that Janelle and Meri got into it, and Janelle moved out. But she was still with Kody and a part of the family. She dropped her kids off at the house Meri/Christine/Kody lived in while she worked, and Kody went to her house every 3rd night on "rotation"

Right, I plead guilty to actually having a (digital) copy of their book☺️. So, it’s best to put it to use and look up the bit you and Turtlepower were talking about. This is what Janelle said in the book:

”I wanted my identity as an individual apart from the family, and to achieve that, I needed my own house. I also knew that if I left our shared space, I wouldn’t be leaving the marriage or the family……….(Skipped a few lines here) ….While I was living on my own, I was in no way cut off from the family. After a while, Kody began staying at my house on our nights together. “ (Becoming Sister Wives, Chapter 6 Janelle, p.125)

So yes, Janelle left the joined home but not the family for a while. It happened after some difficult years right when she suffered a postpartum depression after Gabe’s birth. And yes, she often drove over her kids to be with their siblings.

If anyone wants me to look up something in the book, just give a shout!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Right, I plead guilty to actually having a (digital) copy of their book☺️. So, it’s best to put it to use and look up the bit you and Turtlepower were talking about. This is what Janelle said in the book:

”I wanted my identity as an individual apart from the family, and to achieve that, I needed my own house. I also knew that if I left our shared space, I wouldn’t be leaving the marriage or the family……….(Skipped a few lines here) ….While I was living on my own, I was in no way cut off from the family. After a while, Kody began staying at my house on our nights together. “ (Becoming Sister Wives, Chapter 6 Janelle, p.125)

So yes, Janelle left the joined home but not the family for a while. It happened after some difficult years right when she suffered a postpartum depression after Gabe’s birth. And yes, she often drove over her kids to be with their siblings.

If anyone wants me to look up something in the book, just give a shout!

Awesome thanks! I read about the parts where she held a regular job and had a life outside the family and that she seemed happy and somewhat confident.

I’m surprised she went back to that nightmare family. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Awesome thanks! I read about the parts where she held a regular job and had a life outside the family and that she seemed happy and somewhat confident.

I’m surprised she went back to that nightmare family. 

But see this is why I don't understand why people think she's going to "publicly leave" now. They all live independently from Kody already. She's got her own identity and life (which is why she left before) and Kody's basically her business partner, friend and the grown kids father. And she's been happy with this arrangement.

She can be irritated with him, but what's the incentive to actually publicly leave aside from drama and ratings? Christine's incentive was to move. She said that she essentially decided "for my kids" - namely Truly. Janelle doesn't want to move and I don't really see her trying to seek out a new man. So why go through the drama of saying "today we are divorced." What's the point.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

A thought that occurred to me when I looked up the bit on Janelle: I can totally see problems arising when several adults share 1 “normal” house and only have their own bedrooms as their own personal space. Especially when in theory you’re all equals but in reality have one person setting all the rules. It’s good that Janelle acknowledged this and found a place for herself and the kids to live in.

And Meri really made Janelle’s life miserable in the beginning. The bit where she told about Meri and Kody always snugly together on the sofa in her presence, and Kody taking Meri on weekends away and on business trips… just awful. Not to mention Meri picking fights on how to fold towels! Her own house must really have felt like a blessing.

• Like 5
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, LilyD said:

And Meri really made Janelle’s life miserable in the beginning. The bit where she told about Meri and Kody always snugly together on the sofa in her presence, and Kody taking Meri on weekends away and on business trips… just awful. Not to mention Meri picking fights on how to fold towels! Her own house must really have felt like a blessing.

Definitely agree. Meri was harsh and aggressive.

While there is no excuse at all to treat people that way, I still can't imagine the emotions in play. Can you imagine your husband marrying your sister-in-law? They were to wed on Meri's birthday until Kody's mother stepped in. Meri took it out on Janelle. Janelle internalized it and did her Kody whisperer routine.  And yeah I know "they all signed up for it so they should have..."

But the biggest puzzle of all -  what was it that Janelle saw in Kody and Meri (since she was friends with both of them and their personalities) that made her so interested in polygamy? Can you imagine changing your faith and future for THEM?

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

But see this is why I don't understand why people think she's going to "publicly leave" now. They all live independently from Kody already. She's got her own identity and life (which is why she left before) and Kody's basically her business partner, friend and the grown kids father. And she's been happy with this arrangement.

She can be irritated with him, but what's the incentive to actually publicly leave aside from drama and ratings? Christine's incentive was to move. She said that she essentially decided "for my kids" - namely Truly. Janelle doesn't want to move and I don't really see her trying to seek out a new man. So why go through the drama of saying "today we are divorced." What's the point.

I don’t expect her to. I just want her to. She does grumble a little about how the family is t a family, yet seems content on her own for the most part.

She looks like she’s lost some weight also. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I don’t expect her to. I just want her to. She does grumble a little about how the family is t a family, yet seems content on her own for the most part.

I want her to leave, too. But she's seen Christine grumble a LOT and then get calm and focused and leave, and they spend lots of time together. I'm glad they're friends coz they both needed one in that snake pit. Without Christine there, she might have more motivation to escape, too.

And I don't care that she bought a wickedly expensive RV that's now in storage. She took a chance on something that mattered to her.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

I guess Janelle has, what she considers to be, the best of both worlds. An occasional partner/friend and the liberty to do as she pleases. It may not be our perfect world, but maybe it really is hers…. 
The possibility to simply send him back to Robyn when he’s too much to handle, must be truly amazing! She can have all the joy* but not the troubles.

* not sure how much joy Kody really brings though.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Definitely agree. Meri was harsh and aggressive.

While there is no excuse at all to treat people that way, I still can't imagine the emotions in play. Can you imagine your husband marrying your sister-in-law? They were to wed on Meri's birthday until Kody's mother stepped in. Meri took it out on Janelle. Janelle internalized it and did her Kody whisperer routine.  And yeah I know "they all signed up for it so they should have..."

But the biggest puzzle of all -  what was it that Janelle saw in Kody and Meri (since she was friends with both of them and their personalities) that made her so interested in polygamy? Can you imagine changing your faith and future for THEM?

Oh absolutely! This bit was covered in the book as well. The idea of getting married on your sister wife’s birthday is cruel and insensitive (I don’t think the book mentioned whose idea it was. My guy feeling says Kody’s) And then Janelle got pregnant whereas Meri failed to conceive. I completely get Meri’s feelings. I just don’t like Meri’s vengeful character and need for retaliation. She knew what they were getting into.

As for your question on Janelle and polygamy: Janelle’s mom married Kody’s dad as a second wife. Janelle was briefly married to Meri’s brother and Meri’s family was a polygamous family too. So the faith wasn’t new to Janelle and it obviously attracted her.
So I’m assuming that Kody and Meri were a “safe” choice for her. She knew both and their respective families. Janelle is more than practical than emotional after all.

Edited by LilyD
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, altopower said:

I want her to leave, too. But she's seen Christine grumble a LOT and then get calm and focused and leave, and they spend lots of time together. I'm glad they're friends coz they both needed one in that snake pit. Without Christine there, she might have more motivation to escape, too.

And I don't care that she bought a wickedly expensive RV that's now in storage. She took a chance on something that mattered to her.

I'm glad that Janelle and Christine have developed some kind of friendship. Its too bad that it took 25ish years and a pandemic for it to happen.

• Like 8
  • Love 3
On 11/5/2022 at 3:30 PM, Tuxcat said:

Because I can 1000% see Kody demanding everybody take sides between him and Christine. Anyone who dares not shun and shit-talk Christine will be an enemy.  Since we know J and C are still friends, possibly better friends than they ever were as sister wives, that could easily be the straw that broke the camels back.  

We are only seeing up until Christine leaves, none of the aftermath (in TLC time) has happened yet. Since it's been over a year since this happened in real time, there's been plenty of time for Kody to unravel further, declare any friend of Christine's is an enemy of his, and wreck things even further.  This is what could be different now. Janelle is very likely to shove any ultimatums up Kodys ass.  

Edited by eskimo
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I also keep coming back to Kody's announcement that he's back to being the head of his house and the patriarchy and all of that. Janelle was not best pleased with that. I could see Kody trying to crack the whip (as directed by Robyn) and THAT could piss Janelle off enough to leave. After years of operating independently, why would she want to go back under his thumb now?

• Like 5
  • Love 4

Since the show has started Janelle has managed to stay somewhat apart from the family drama with the other wives and in her own "neutral zone" with Kody.  I don't see her coming into conflict with any of them or Kody as a result of Christine's departure.  I don't see Kody as expecting her to cut ties with Christine either, as much of a narcissist as he is.  As long as she doesn't parade it in front of him or mention it I think it will be "out of sight out of mind". 

I don't see much reason for her to leave either.  She makes a career out of being low person on the totem pole and acts perfectly happy with that situation.  If not for Christine's dissatisfaction with her relationship with Kody Janelle might have been the REAL "basement wife", in my opinion.  Of course I only WISH she would decide (like Christine) that she is worth more than the scraps from Kody's table but I just don't see that happening.  She is too complacent, at least so far, and still doesn't seem to need much male attention.  Unless something changes in the future, I just don't see her leaving.  

• Love 6

Even with this new relationship with Christine, Janelle is pretty much still alone. Besides her kids, who are spread across 4 or 5 states, starting their own lives, Kody is all she has and he is her base camp. Even Christine, her new BFF also lives in a different state and is re-starting her own life.

While Janelle has not been outcasted like Meri, she really has no day to day support, or any local friends. I think it would take a lot of effort for Janelle to get her shit together and formulate a plan and I don't think she's there yet. 

Maybe once Savannah is gone she'll fly the coop, but I'm not seeing it yet.

Kody is like the sad, well worn, ugly, but oh so comfy slippers that are embarrassing to wear, but too hard to part with. Finding a comfy new pair is sometimes not worth the effort.

• Sad 1
  • Love 7

Kody is like the sad, well worn, ugly, but oh so comfy slippers that are embarrassing to wear, but too hard to part with. Finding a comfy new pair is sometimes not worth the effort.

Metaphorically speaking, Janelle just needs to learn to love living barefoot.

• Applause 7
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

I think everything fell apart when they left Lehi and moved into separate rental homes in Las Vegas. 

That was the beginning of the end for all of them. 

Once they built and lived in the cul de sac things approved somewhat. They still were looking that one didn’t have more than the other!

The kids liked living close to their siblings  

This last move was pretty much the end for this family. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 10
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

The competition is on!  What can Sobyn come up with, to rival this?

Of course, she doesn't need to!  She's got her Grand Poobah Prize, Kootie himself.  🤮

Good grief!!!! For a minute I thought the part about messaging them meant a person could win a free retreat, but this means message them to find out how many $$$ it will take to attend the retreat and “win.”  So I guess these are all Plexus peeps. I hope someone on here will find out for us.  Maybe if the minimum to be with one person (Meri) is $4500 then for 2 it would be $9k plus maybe $2k additionally because maddie is just a daughter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 3

Wonder what the price for this retreat is? Are people really that desperate tha they will pay thousands of $$ to hang with the Browns? And have the Browns browbeat them into buying Plexus

Edited by 65mickey
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 11/7/2022 at 9:33 AM, Jeanne222 said:

I think everything fell apart when they left Lehi and moved into separate rental homes in Las Vegas. 

That was the beginning of the end for all of them. 

Once they built and lived in the cul de sac things approved somewhat. They still were looking that one didn’t have more than the other!

The kids liked living close to their siblings  

This last move was pretty much the end for this family. 

And WHY did they have to move to Flagstaff??  Dayun and his going to college and Sobbyn not being able to let him go and do that BY HIMSELF.  And now? Kid's not even IN college!  Fambly is all crumbled up like an old used kleenex.  This is KODOUCHE & SOBBYN"S whole fricking deal. The. End.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

And WHY did they have to move to Flagstaff??  Dayun and his going to college and Sobbyn not being able to let him go and do that BY HIMSELF.  And now? Kid's not even IN college!  Fambly is all crumbled up like an old used kleenex.  This is KODOUCHE & SOBBYN"S whole fricking deal. The. End.

Dayton seems to be active on LinkedIn and has an updated graduation date of 2023 with a degree in marketing, management and business admin. 

that being said - his profile is questionable when you read his work experience (i.e. my sisterwives closet)

So who knows for sure!

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Isn't this retreat for Plexus? "Join our team". Its sounds like if you sign up to shill Plexus with them you can 'win' a retreat.

Yeah its join, pay, sell and maybe you'll win a retreat but we won't tell you where it is or when it is or how much its worth until you sign up for "our team." Quite the deal!!🤯

Edited by Tuxcat
  • LOL 6
6 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Dayton seems to be active on LinkedIn and has an updated graduation date of 2023 with a degree in marketing, management and business admin. 

that being said his profile is questionable when you read his work experience (i.e. my sisterwives closet)

So who knows for sure!

Yeah its join, pay, sell and maybe you'll win a retreat but we won't tell you where it is or when it is or how much its worth until you sign up for "our team." Quite the deal!!🤯

I'd kind of like to meet Janelle, Christine and Molly. I could see spending a couple of hours with them for about $200., but I would never sell Plexus or anything like it. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

My friend who doesn’t even watch the show asked me if this was for real: 

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/6633903/sister-wives-christine-brown-daughter-gwendlyn-janelle-left-kody/

Hm. I would love if Janelle left the Kodester, but I wouldn't trust any source that doesn't even bother to fact check. That girl in the Video isn't Gwens GF Beatriz, it's her BFF, Sarah (I think it's Sarah. Guilty of not bothering to fact check this time, too)

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Elodia said:

Hm. I would love if Janelle left the Kodester, but I wouldn't trust any source that doesn't even bother to fact check. That girl in the Video isn't Gwens GF Beatriz, it's her BFF, Sarah (I think it's Sarah. Guilty of not bothering to fact check this time, too)

I don’t quite trust the source. I’m always optimistic of course, but I’d actually have to hear it from Janelle herself to believe it (especially nowadays with social media being able to to really run with rumours and speculations). 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Kody used growing crime as one excuse, I don’t remember the others. The part of Vegas they lived in had a high volume of prowler, break In and trespass calls (I worked in a dispatch center the last year living in Vegas and got some of the calls). But he was definitely looking for excuses. 

Having lived in both Vegas and Flagstaff, I’d choose Flagstaff any day. It’s stupid expensive to live there but the atmosphere is really nice. Vegas traffic and crime had increased in the decade we lived there, but not terrible enough to say “Gee, let’s uproot the kids and move to…….FLAGSTAFF!!”

But I really liked Flag. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 3

I don’t quite trust the source.

The Sun is a gossip rag that makes things up right and left along the lines of the National Enquirer.  "Alien baby disguises itself as an adorable puppy" caliber.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Did I laugh at this? Yes, yes I did.

B28CB5AF-60B6-43DB-BD8D-D2467C0B95E2.jpeg

I knew it!  I’ve been predicting that Christine was bound for being a contestant on The Single Life.  She’s now  connected with Molly and Cynthia on a project, who are from 90 Day Fiancé, which is the parent of Single Life. It’s just a matter of time.  😆

And Janelle too!  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
15 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

The competition is on!  What can Sobyn come up with, to rival this?

"Robyn's Retreat - How To Dress Like a Secretary Circa 1981, Unique Eyebrow Design, and Willow Tree Collecting For Professionals!  You will be camping on the glorious banks of the drainage ditch pond on beautiful Coyote Pass amongst the cute prairie dogs and tumbleweeds!  For only $6,001, you can also meet the one and only Kody Brown (if he's not at one of his "sporting event" shows).  Bring your own tent and toilet paper.  Each evening I will wave to you from the balcony of my mansion just a short mile away, so bring binoculars!  Enjoy fresh air, mountains, and trees!  Meals also not included as I am too pretty to cook!  Send your non-refundable check made out to Kody/Robyn Brown LLC Inc. ASAP, sweetie!"      

Edited by laurakaye
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 21