Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Fat people are individuals just like everyone else. Judging a person’s emotional health by the way their body looks is not right. If you have met one fat person with emotional problems it doesn’t mean every fat person has those same problems.

I'm slightly surprised by your fierce reaction. When I read back my post, I don't read "all people with overweight have emotional problems."  I merely stated that many morbidly obese people have mental issues as well, which is common knowledge among people who work with people who have a very severe overweight and want to loose the extra pounds.

And of course there are those who do not have such issues, which is why I used many and not every. Considering your reaction I'm actually quite astonished by your own use of "fat people"??

To get back to Janelle and my post:  I do find it interesting that Janelle seems to be spending all her time away from toxic Kody and Robyn and is morphing into a whole different person. She seems to be making an effort to eat more healthily, whether her dishes appeal to you or not, seems to be losing weight and is doing whatever, whenever and where ever she wants. We have speculated a lot about how happy/depressedJanelle really was. She called herself an emotional eater so it wouldn't surprise me if her feeling better has helped her lose weight too.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:
8 hours ago, LilyD said:

I'm slightly surprised by your fierce reaction. When I read back my post, I don't read "all people with overweight have emotional problems."  I merely stated that many morbidly obese people have mental issues as well, which is common knowledge among people who work with people who have a very severe overweight and want to loose the extra pounds.

And of course there are those who do not have such issues, which is why I used many and not every. Considering your reaction I'm actually quite astonished by your own use of "fat people"??

To get back to Janelle and my post:  I do find it interesting that Janelle seems to be spending all her time away from toxic Kody and Robyn and is morphing into a whole different person. She seems to be making an effort to eat more healthily, whether her dishes appeal to you or not, seems to be losing weight and is doing whatever, whenever and where ever she wants. We have speculated a lot about how happy/depressedJanelle really was. She called herself an emotional eater so it wouldn't surprise me if her feeling better has helped her lose weight 

The word fat is freely used by the fat community as the word is simply a description of one’s body size and we have taken it back if you will so it is not an insult. People of all sizes have mental illness and there is no general knowledge associating body size with mental Illness. Both thin, and fat people may suffer from mental illness but being fat does not equate to mentally ill.

1 minute ago, Madding crowd said:
Edited by Madding crowd
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

It would be interesting to see pictures of Janelle a year or so after she leaves Kody (if she ever does).  I wonder how much of her extra weight is due to trying and failing to adjust to living the plyg lifestyle.  Christine has been telling us for years on this show how difficult it is to deal with the jealousy, and I seem to remember her frankly telling us that she was on various medications to deal with depression.  Now that she's left, she looks lighter - not necessarily weight-related, but just freer and happier.  Even her coloring is brighter, like she's no longer living under a dark cloud.

Janelle might claim to not need much from Kody but maybe that's because she never had much from him to begin with (we know from the book that Kody and Meri used to take off together on Kody's work trips but Janelle could never go because she worked full time).  Maybe coming into the marriage as the second wife AND the ex-sister in law of Meri made her extra cautious about rocking the boat, so she just went with the flow as much as she could...but that constant repression of her fillings caused her to gain weight and to be unable to keep it off when she did start losing.

All this to say, I wonder how different Janelle would look a year or so post-Kody and his nonsense.  Meri, too, for that matter, if she ever decided to bail.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Quoting @Yeah No from the episode thread regarding Janelle:

Given that I’m someone who’s likely aromantic (or at least on that spectrum) and I understand a lot of what Janelle has shown us, yes I am heterosexual and do have a drive/need for partnered sex, BUT given that I don’t experience romantic attraction or have a need for emotional intimacy in that way- it’s not that the sexual desire is “all talk” it’s that it’s more like an itch I like to have scratched when I need to. I don’t need to structure my life around “itches”. 

Also given the dynamics of relationships for Heterosexual women (we are the ones assumed to carry the emotional burden/labor) why should I put myself through all the work of sustaining a romantic relationship when what I want is the partnered sex, which for heterosexual women is generally easy to get. In my late 30s I have hit the point now where a lot of decent men are partnered (and that’s a bummer), but the gender ratio won’t really skew until my 60s (with men being sick and dying before the women). 

I do agree with you, and I’ve said for many years that a lot of women don’t want men (although they are heterosexual) they want their children, and the man is a way to get the children conceived and raised. I’ve noticed my childfree friends (who are straight) are way more into their husbands.  

At least I think Janelle was probably always emotionally honest with herself although she may not have had the language in her early 20s to know she was “different”. I’m younger than Janelle and it took me a while, because I was heterosexual and enjoyed the partnered sex part, I assumed (and others did as well) when I met “the right guy” the feelings would follow. I was THIRTY before I realized women weren’t talking about their need for partnered sex- mind BLOWN. 

edited to add: I think your reasoning probably applies more to ASEXUAL people- it’s much easier to fake an interest in sex (which happens behind closed doors) than an interest in a romantic relationship which people often structure their lives around. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Quoting @Yeah No from the episode thread regarding Janelle:

Given that I’m someone who’s likely aromantic (or at least on that spectrum) and I understand a lot of what Janelle has shown us, yes I am heterosexual and do have a drive/need for partnered sex, BUT given that I don’t experience romantic attraction or have a need for emotional intimacy in that way- it’s not that the sexual desire is “all talk” it’s that it’s more like an itch I like to have scratched when I need to. I don’t need to structure my life around “itches”. 

Also given the dynamics of relationships for Heterosexual women (we are the ones assumed to carry the emotional burden/labor) why should I put myself through all the work of sustaining a romantic relationship when what I want is the partnered sex, which for heterosexual women is generally easy to get. In my late 30s I have hit the point now where a lot of decent men are partnered (and that’s a bummer), but the gender ratio won’t really skew until my 60s (with men being sick and dying before the women). 

I do agree with you, and I’ve said for many years that a lot of women don’t want men (although they are heterosexual) they want their children, and the man is a way to get the children conceived and raised. I’ve noticed my childfree friends (who are straight) are way more into their husbands.  

At least I think Janelle was probably always emotionally honest with herself although she may not have had the language in her early 20s to know she was “different”. I’m younger than Janelle and it took me a while, because I was heterosexual and enjoyed the partnered sex part, I assumed (and others did as well) when I met “the right guy” the feelings would follow. I was THIRTY before I realized women weren’t talking about their need for partnered sex- mind BLOWN. 

edited to add: I think your reasoning probably applies more to ASEXUAL people- it’s much easier to fake an interest in sex (which happens behind closed doors) than an interest in a romantic relationship which people often structure their lives around. 

I think Janelle definitely has an interest in a relationship but that doesn't necessarily translate into wanting romance or the act of having sex.  And even her need for companionship is not that great.  But she chose to structure her life around that relationship for the sake of a family, and choosing to do it in a polygamous situation was all the better for her because she could be both half way invested in the relationship in all ways and have the family too.  When I said her showing attraction for Kody was "all talk" I didn't mean it was fake, I just meant that it didn't translate (necessarily) into her wanting to jump into bed with him.  Which can be true of someone who is basically aromantic.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I think Janelle definitely has an interest in a relationship but that doesn't necessarily translate into wanting romance or the act of having sex.  And even her need for companionship is not that great.  But she chose to structure her life around that relationship for the sake of a family, and choosing to do it in a polygamous situation was all the better for her because she could be both half way invested in the relationship in all ways and have the family too.  When I said her showing attraction for Kody was "all talk" I didn't mean it was fake, I just meant that it didn't translate (necessarily) into her wanting to jump into bed with him.  Which can be true of someone who is basically aromantic.

Ah gotcha. Yup that makes sense to me. 

I think Janelle wanted some children, wanted a way to get them raised, and at some point wanted a consistent sexual partner. (In that order)

• Love 3
20 hours ago, LilyD said:

To get back to Janelle and my post:  I do find it interesting that Janelle seems to be spending all her time away from toxic Kody and Robyn and is morphing into a whole different person. She seems to be making an effort to eat more healthily, whether her dishes appeal to you or not, seems to be losing weight and is doing whatever, whenever and where ever she wants. We have speculated a lot about how happy/depressedJanelle really was. She called herself an emotional eater so it wouldn't surprise me if her feeling better has helped her lose weight too.

As someone who has struggled with a weight problem only since perimenopause I am acutely aware of how much of what a person weighs can be due to factors not under their complete control.  And trying to overcome genetics (like the "fat gene", which my DNA tests told me I have), age, and hormonal changes, can be incredibly difficult depending on the particular physical "hand" one has been dealt.  Insulin resistance is a real thing, and some people (especially women) develop it as they get closer to menopause.  Janelle wasn't always that weight, plus she had several children in a row, which I can only imagine further compounded and worsened her problem with all the hormonal shifts.  

I am living proof that one can eat a 1200-1500 low glycemic incredibly HEALTHY diet, not even LOOK at a piece of chocolate let alone a funnel cake, exercise regularly and still struggle to lose weight.  Plus, and I'm sure the pitchforks will come out after I say this, people without a "weight problem" get away with murder by comparison to the way I eat.  I know, because I was one of them for most of my life.  A lot of thin, normal weight people are "emotional eaters", snack regularly, have a funnel cake once in a while and yet never become Janelle's highest weight.  So even if she is or was an emotional eater, so what?  That's not the cause of her problem.  I don't believe she is like those people on "My 600 Pound Life" who eat to fill a deep void and don't know when to stop.  Anyone with such a bad emotional issue is bound to end up at least 4-500 pounds and Janelle has never been THAT heavy, not even CLOSE.  I hate to say that the entire diet industry is designed to "blame the victim" in the vast majority of cases.  I think the people that truly have an emotional problem eat when they aren't hungry, or just "bored".  But I think a lot of normal weight people do that too.  Only because their bodies are more forgiving, they don't wear any excess weight on their bodies because of it.  Again, I know because I was once one of them.  So I say "BS" to a lot of the "blame the victim" stuff that is put upon people, even Janelle.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9

Weight fluctuates for a plethora of reasons - stress, diets, genes, season, exercise, medication, illness, etc. Its never been my experience with clients that weight magically disappears when problems, stress or issues disappear.

I believe Christine lost weight to make herself more appealing to Kody. She is obviously still working at keeping the weight off, maybe because she likes the way it looks and feels. But leaving Kody didn't make the weight go away or keep the weight off - Christine is doing that.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 9/27/2022 at 9:21 AM, laurakaye said:

It would be interesting to see pictures of Janelle a year or so after she leaves Kody (if she ever does).  I wonder how much of her extra weight is due to trying and failing to adjust to living the plyg lifestyle.  Christine has been telling us for years on this show how difficult it is to deal with the jealousy, and I seem to remember her frankly telling us that she was on various medications to deal with depression.  Now that she's left, she looks lighter - not necessarily weight-related, but just freer and happier.  Even her coloring is brighter, like she's no longer living under a dark cloud.

Janelle might claim to not need much from Kody but maybe that's because she never had much from him to begin with (we know from the book that Kody and Meri used to take off together on Kody's work trips but Janelle could never go because she worked full time).  Maybe coming into the marriage as the second wife AND the ex-sister in law of Meri made her extra cautious about rocking the boat, so she just went with the flow as much as she could...but that constant repression of her fillings caused her to gain weight and to be unable to keep it off when she did start losing.

All this to say, I wonder how different Janelle would look a year or so post-Kody and his nonsense.  Meri, too, for that matter, if she ever decided to bail.

I also wonder how Janelle and Meri are feeling after watching this season play out and about how happy Christine has become on her own. 

We know Janelle and Christine are close and that Meri and Christine are not. Meri is definitely playing sides, super-glued to the plyg lifestyle as Robyn’s worshipper. I think Meri feels that if she sticks hard to Kody and Robyn’s team, he’ll let her back in. 

I hope Janelle packs it in, leaving Miserable Meri, Sobyn Robyn and Ko-douche to live the rest of their delusional, grumpy lives together. I’d watch one more season of another wife leaving Kody.

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

I would love to loose weight Janelle sign me up please! and can I get an autographed photo of you too! you are my hero! #strongbabe #bosswoman #reset #resetagain #resetAGAIN #resetYETagainLOLthosedarnOreos #resetresetresetresetreset

• LOL 9

This one is a first for Janelle. She did a video on strength training, and it was leg day. She did her usual love/hate thing about it. Then she added, she’ll really feel it tomorrow when she sits on the toilet. Ummmmm, ok. I had to type it out to free my brain of this knowledge.

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 13

Janelle and Christine are soooo excited because they are starting a whole new community where they can offer more one on ones and lots more exclusivity blah, blah, blahhhhhhh!!!!

she might want to start by learning how to spell the name of the product she’s shilling… 

What’s Plecus?  🙄

3D0862D2-1B35-4B8B-A430-7C050F030DEC.jpeg

• LOL 9

Rather than work out and then be unable to function in her daily activities, why not first try to build up leg strength by slowly lowering and raising yourself (basically a slow squat) every time you sit down. Don't flop down, using zero leg muscles. Take the stairs whenever you can. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Janelle and Christine are soooo excited because they are starting a whole new community where they can offer more one on ones and lots more exclusivity blah, blah, blahhhhhhh!!!!

she might want to start by learning how to spell the name of the product she’s shilling… 

What’s Plecus?  🙄

Good grief... but seriously when people are so casual about what they post and they continuously post typos and constantly make mistakes it really doesn't make me feel like buying from them.

It's a BUSINESS, treat it as such, proofread before you post!

Quit repeating catch phrases and words like "We're so excited!" "Exclusivity" so on and so forth.  🙄

Correct your typos, correct your spelling etc... it only takes a minute or less to proofread and check things over before clicking the "SUBMIT" button!

I just watched the video and Janelle and Christine come off as greedy shrews excited about making more money and winning more trips, to hell with any real customer service or follow ups.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

Good grief... but seriously when people are so casual about what they post and they continuously post typos and constantly make mistakes it really doesn't make me feel like buying from them.

It's a BUSINESS, treat it as such, proofread before you post!

Quit repeating catch phrases and words like "We're so excited!" "Exclusivity" so on and so forth.  🙄

Correct your typos, correct your spelling etc... it only takes a minute or less to proof read and check things over before clicking the "SUBMIT" button!

I just watched the video and Janelle and Christine come off as greedy shrews excited about making more money and winning more trips, to hell with any real customer service or follow ups.

It was only a few weeks ago that all three of them, Maddie, Janelle and Christine were telling clients that if they didn’t receive a response within 72 hours to submit their question or request AGAIN and then AGAIN in 48 hrs if necessary…. Ya that’s what I want to hear if I’m returning a product and waiting for refund!  

NOT!  😡

• Like 4
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

What’s Plecus?  🙄

I guess Janelle is blushing with embarrassment for having to tell people so much nonsense about Plexass.

• LOL 2
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This one is a first for Janelle. She did a video on strength training, and it was leg day. She did her usual love/hate thing about it. Then she added, she’ll really feel it tomorrow when she sits on the toilet. Ummmmm, ok. I had to type it out to free my brain of this knowledge.

She really said this?  There are about 100 other visuals she could've given her followers other than picturing her grunting while lowering her keester to the can...like, she's going to feel it when she gets out of bed, or when she walks the neighborhood (lol) or literally ANYTHING else.

Of course, this is coming from a woman who is telling us that we can "loose" weight on "Plecus."

If anyone can tell me how this woman has sold enough poison to constantly qualify for trips to Spain, Hawaii, Disney, etc., I would love to know.  With Christine it kind of makes sense because she's got a personality and actually does seem to have lost weight (but that could  also be from dumping the 180 pounds of fried hair also known as Kody Brown), but Janelle?  If she's lost weight, it's negligible, and all she seems to do is "reset" and "get back on schedule."  I don't get it.  She can't have that many fans that will buy whatever she shills.

• Applause 5
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

If anyone can tell me how this woman has sold enough poison to constantly qualify for trips to Spain, Hawaii, Disney, etc., I would love to know.  With Christine it kind of makes sense because she's got a personality and actually does seem to have lost weight (but that could  also be from dumping the 180 pounds of fried hair also known as Kody Brown), but Janelle?  If she's lost weight, it's negligible, and all she seems to do is "reset" and "get back on schedule."  I don't get it.  She can't have that many fans that will buy whatever she shills.

Perhaps the suckers who buy "Plecus" choose the shiller who they feel they have something in common with. Not necessarily Christine, who could have been a cheerleader if she had grown up in monogamy and gone to public school.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
51 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Perhaps the suckers who buy "Plecus" choose the shiller who they feel they have something in common with. Not necessarily Christine, who could have been a cheerleader if she had grown up in monogamy and gone to public school.

In the back of my head I think Christine did go to public school...

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 9/28/2022 at 7:05 AM, TurtlePower said:

I also wonder how Janelle and Meri are feeling after watching this season play out and about how happy Christine has become on her own. 

We know Janelle and Christine are close and that Meri and Christine are not. Meri is definitely playing sides, super-glued to the plyg lifestyle as Robyn’s worshipper. I think Meri feels that if she sticks hard to Kody and Robyn’s team, he’ll let her back in. 

I hope Janelle packs it in, leaving Miserable Meri, Sobyn Robyn and Ko-douche to live the rest of their delusional, grumpy lives together. I’d watch one more season of another wife leaving Kody.

Doesn't Kody need 3 wives to get his own planet? If Janelle or Meri leave, they need to rustle up another wife right?   All of a sudden aren't they holding a few more cards?

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

They start to lose value the minute you drive them off the lot.

And she was told that it was the last one left available in the US, so it was probably a deluxe version, more than she really needed, with a hyper-inflated purchase price during Covid. Post-Covid there's probably a glut of slightly used RVs available for purchase. 

From SM it appears that she never bought a 1 ton truck to tow it and instead paid the very helpful dealer to haul it out to the Plague Pass and back into storage at the end of summer. She also had to pay to be supplied on site with water, sewage services, genrerator(?) and battery service, RV repairs, etc. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1

Doesn't Kody need 3 wives to get his own planet? 

Semi-serious questions - is it three wives (minimum) at the time of death or three wives ever? Since there don't seem to be any procedures to uncouple a spiritual union, does Christine still count toward Kody's wife count in the afterlife if he just decides that he's still married to her, even though she has spiritually divorced him? Is it good enough that they have kids together even if the marriage doesn't last until death?

She also had to pay to be supplied on site with water, sewage services, genrerator(?) and battery service, RV repairs, etc. 

I had friends who sold everything and lived full time in an RV for about five years. They did say that people often don't do their research and think that it's more plug-and-play than it actually is. There is a lot of work to maintain RVs and a lot of things you have to think about that you don't typically have to consider in a regular home. They were happy to get rid of home/yard chores but some of that time is replaced with RV chores/maintenance. I think Janelle might have underestimated that work that went along with an RV.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I’m not sure about the wife question.  If you’re LDS and sealed in the Temple, there’s the unsealing, but with AUB……idk.  It seems they are playing it loose these days.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, SuzWhat said:

Do we still think she is the “smart one”. I know we already know she only stayed in the RV for one summer.  Wonder if she sold it?  Took a loss?  Made a profit? 

She has posted that she had it in for repairs and is storing it.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not sure about the wife question.  If you’re LDS and sealed in the Temple, there’s the unsealing, but with AUB……idk.  It seems they are playing it loose these days.  

I think they brought up "the Lord" for the first time in a couple of years on Oct 2nd's show. They want the Lord to help guide them through this fambly transition.  Perhaps they should have asked for guidance before things got this bad!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

The religion ship sailed long ago.  There were some phony prefunctory prayer meetings with Kootie filling in for god and the famous Parable of the Lost Cookie.  After than, any pretense that they are religious was unceremoniously dropped when they started making up "rules" to fit any situation that came up.

The whole celestial planet shtick seems to have dropped off of the list of religious "tennants" (tm Sobbyn).

Edited by Cetacean
spelling
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

The whole celestial planet shtick seems to have dropped off of the list of religious "tennants" (tm Sobbyn).

Robyn has been fixated on "tennants" and "rennals" since we first met her ;)

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

For me even as a child Candy Corn was way too sweet and gross 🤮 

Same here; just some in a bowl made the whole room smell sickly sweet. 

I thought "Plecus" stopped your sugar cravings, Janelle. Or does it stop working in between resets?

• LOL 5

Me too!  Even though most of my teeth are crowned, that kind of candy hurts my teeth!

I wonder if Janelle thinks PlexAss will cancel all those sugar (empty) calories?  😁

Just now, deirdra said:

Same here; just some in a bowl made the whole room smell sickly sweet. 

I thought "Plecus" stopped your sugar cravings, Janelle. Or does it stop working in between resets?

Great minds!  😁

• Love 2
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

Me too!  Even though most of my teeth are crowned, that kind of candy hurts my teeth!

I wonder if Janelle thinks PlexAss will cancel all those sugar (empty) calories?  😁

Great minds!  😁

Just LOOKING at it makes my teeth hurt and I haven't even bitten into one in over 50 yrs!

• LOL 3
On 10/3/2022 at 3:33 PM, ginger90 said:

She has posted that she had it in for repairs and is storing it.

I have always felt these 5th wheels and some of the larger towing RV's are very light weight. So they are more prone to damage.  As others have said they are not for constant use.  The ones you drive seem more sturdy.

My aunt has one that you can drive and at the end of the fall she takes it to someone in another city and has the guy give it a once over and then he winterizes it.  She uses it around 5-7 times in the summer and early fall.  But she is not living in it all the time.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I have always felt these 5th wheels and some of the larger towing RV's are very light weight.

By nature of the fact they are towed, they need to be as light as possible.  Dragging something sturdy and substantial would eat up gas to the point where you'd get 4 miles to the gallon.  Thus they use cheap, light wood and plastic for pretty much all of the construction.  If you've ever seen one of those things after a wreck, they are just a pile of rubble. I doubt they even use anything of substance for framing.  It's like living in a aluminum roaster pan.

• Useful 6

I agree they really aren’t designed for everyday wear and tear but to me it appears the past two years Janelle really has been traveling and not living any place really? Also with all her visiting places will she never take the trailer?  Thought that was her dream.    Seems odd to have it in for repairs the entire spring/summer only to pay again to store it this winter.   But their money decisions alway befuddle me!

• Like 3
  • Love 1