Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Well, if the hair was in a ponytail, we'd see Janelle launch herself in a perfect swan dive from the nearest diving board and get to him like a fish going after a tiny worm.

You sure know how to paint a picture! Lol to infinity 

• LOL 3
7 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

Has there been any mention of camping out on the land this summer since it is mid august?   Wonder if the trailer had to be sold? 🤔.  Seemed very strange a brand new trailer was in for repairs…during camping season!  

I was looking forward to the pictures of j and k dining Al fresco on j’s strange culinary creations. Alas nothing.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
29 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

Has there been any mention of camping out on the land this summer since it is mid august?   Wonder if the trailer had to be sold? 🤔.  Seemed very strange a brand new trailer was in for repairs…during camping season!  

Not going to the Plague Property this summer.  Savannah wanted to not spend her last summer of high school out there in an RV.  She said she felt isolated last summer.  

I expect Savannah will follow her siblings in launching from home rapidly after high school graduation.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 10
2 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

I wonder if that's Garrison's condo?

This is what the kitchen looked like when he bought it, and he posted some pictures during painting of the cabinets, a while ago. The layout remained the same.

814AD686-2688-4DB4-8328-0B1A6DEB2EEB.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 6

Janelle looked awful in that video. Yes it was early, or so she said, but she looked exhausted and definitely not healthy, early or not.  

As for the house looking temporarily; it looks exactly like her other previous rentals and she never stayed there long. I honestly refuse to believe she’s happy now. She had her own house in Vegas and it was her home. And over the past few years she’s been busy house-hopping, never staying anywhere long and basically living out of boxes and never making a new home.

And her career and (long term) financial planning: The Browns don’t do long term, period. They literally live by the year. Don’r know about her career but some SM posts by the MLM businesses themselves have implied that Janelle is very high up the ranking, probably in the very small band where people actually make money and some, a lot. The problem is; those incomes never last long. Maybe a few years before the bubble bursts. And then what? Don’t forget that she’s emptied her retirement coffers as well, a few years back to keep the train wreck going….

• Like 5
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1

The package label on the soup beans I use says to soak overnight.  What is her question, exactly?  Any bean soup recipe I have read tells you how to soak the beans.  It is no big mystery, and certainly not worth making a video when you just rolled out of bed.  I also question heating the house making soup in the summer, but that may be just me.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

The package label on the soup beans I use says to soak overnight.  What is her question, exactly?  Any bean soup recipe I have read tells you how to soak the beans.  It is no big mystery, and certainly not worth making a video when you just rolled out of bed.  I also question heating the house making soup in the summer, but that may be just me.

I always made soup in summer, even in AZ when it was 120 degrees. Used an instant pot — it didn’t really heat anything up. 

But to answer Janelle’s “every adult  especially a health coach should know this” question, overnight. You soak beans overnight (but if using a pressure cooker you typically don’t need to soak them, there are exceptions of course). 

• Like 5
58 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I always made soup in summer, even in AZ when it was 120 degrees. Used an instant pot — it didn’t really heat anything up. 

But to answer Janelle’s “every adult  especially a health coach should know this” question, overnight. You soak beans overnight (but if using a pressure cooker you typically don’t need to soak them, there are exceptions of course). 

It is showing high's in the low 70's, Soup would sound good.  

9 hours ago, LilyD said:

Janelle looked awful in that video. Yes it was early, or so she said, but she looked exhausted and definitely not healthy, early or not.  

As for the house looking temporarily; it looks exactly like her other previous rentals and she never stayed there long. I honestly refuse to believe she’s happy now. She had her own house in Vegas and it was her home. And over the past few years she’s been busy house-hopping, never staying anywhere long and basically living out of boxes and never making a new home.

Also, it makes you wonder why Meri and Janelle are not trying to buy a home?  They are never going to build on CP.  Are they just hanging around, until the show is over?  Are they hanging around, because they know Kody will end up moving again.So she doesn't want to buy anything.  Or maybe it's just cheaper to rent.

Oh, with all the rain they have had this summer, it's probably a good thing they are not living in the RV at CP.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Also, it makes you wonder why Meri and Janelle are not trying to buy a home?  They are never going to build on CP.  Are they just hanging around, until the show is over

Good point… no idea why they haven’t tried to buy anything. Maybe because they want to believe CP is happening against all odds?  A fear of jinxing these plans if they buy a house themselves?

• Like 2
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Good point… no idea why they haven’t tried to buy anything. Maybe because they want to believe CP is happening against all odds?  A fear of jinxing these plans if they buy a house themselves?

The stark reality is that if they were truly a Family, there would be no hesitation about Kody and Robyn flinging open the doors to their home and welcoming Janelle, Savanah and Meri.

AuroraBreanna and Savanah could bunk together, Sol could share with Dayton, leaving Meri and Janelle with their own rooms.  Kitchen and cleaning chores could be rotated weekly. There would be no need for a nanny with 6 adult or near adult women in the house.  This would save them several thousand dollars each month in rentals for Janelle and Meri, plus moving expenses for their hopscotching around Flagstaff.  Short term pain for long term gain.

Never going to happen though, as they no longer consider themselves family with a common goal to build on Coyote Pass.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Even if you soak them overnight but get busy & don't use them the next day, just change the water as she saw Christine do.  Janelle's mom probably used canned beans.

Are all of Janelle's family's digestive problems and need for Plexass because she was too lazy to google "how long do you soak beans?" or believe long-time family cook Christine?

The bubbles were the reason I overnight-soaked rather than pressure-cooked beans in the 1970s and donated my pressure-cooker to Goodwill - more bubbles during soaking means less gas in the digestive system.  But I'd look like Janelle if I ate such starchy foods now.

• Like 7
40 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yea, okay, I guess I'll say it... I'm in the older category, with kids in their 30s, and I've never soaked a bean. Not even sure why beans get soaked, lol.

I have not soaked dried beans either. I used a slow cooker and add ginger to help prevent gas...well I did this when I could eat beans.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Also, it makes you wonder why Meri and Janelle are not trying to buy a home?

They have no money and wouldn’t qualify for a loan?

54 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yea, okay, I guess I'll say it... I'm in the older category, with kids in their 30s, and I've never soaked a bean. Not even sure why beans get soaked, lol.

I believe it’s to rehydrate and soften them. But I’ve never done it either.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
47 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

They have no money and wouldn’t qualify for a loan?

I believe it’s to rehydrate and soften them. But I’ve never done it either.

You can slso do the quick boil method...boil rapidly for two minutes the pour out the water and cook as usual. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, crazycatlady58 said:

You can slso do the quick boil method...boil rapidly for two minutes the pour out the water and cook as usual. 

That's how I do it.  I've also used canned beans in liquid, but the sodium is often high in those.

8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I guess Janelle forgot about Google.

Shame on her!  😝

• Like 6

Soaking beans would be easier for Janelle. Dump in water. Do nothing for 12+ hrs.  She probably leaves dishes soaking in the sink for days after they've sat on the counter getting encrusted with breakfast cereal (as we've seen in some of her photos of dinner creations on chipped plates).  We viewers ALWAYS notice the background! I once scared the cat when I burst out laughing at one photo taken to show off Christine's vast collection of Tupperware, but what first caught my eye was the bright red TOASTER on her counter.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If they have been soaked, they cook much faster and more evenly.  It also makes them easier to digest.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
On 8/14/2022 at 8:47 PM, GeeGolly said:

Ok, I’ll say it too… slightly younger here and only learned the other day that some beans need to be soaked?🤔😳 And since I’m confessing anyway, mine usually come straight out of a jar or freezer, ready to eat if I heat them up…

• LOL 4

I know Janelle is a self-proclaimed nomadic wild woman, but the idea of having to live my life out of boxes and suitcases, drag my horse-ass fire art everywhere I go, and going from rental to rental to squatting in an RV on a desolate piece of land to crashing at my son's place would be absolutely soul-crushingly exhausting....especially knowing that my pseudo-husband's wife is ensconced in a comfortable mansion with more than enough room to house Janelle and Savanah, at least short-term.  Janelle loves to pretend that she is A-OK with this free-wheeling lifestyle, but her weight and health tells another story.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

I fully agree with you @laurakaye. And apart from being exhausting I suspect it's also hard on an emotional level as you're never able to make a place yours. Your own personal space where you can really be yourself among your own things, even if those things happen to be fire-farting horses....

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, LilyD said:

Ok, I’ll say it too… slightly younger here and only learned the other day that some beans need to be soaked?🤔😳 And since I’m confessing anyway, mine usually come straight out of a jar or freezer, ready to eat if I heat them up…

It is just dried beans that need to be soaked and for me from  a jar is just fine although I have never seen them frozen. 

3 hours ago, LilyD said:

I fully agree with you @laurakaye. And apart from being exhausting I suspect it's also hard on an emotional level as you're never able to make a place yours. Your own personal space where you can really be yourself among your own things, even if those things happen to be fire-farting horses....

How does she even get mail? I guess a P.O. box but what a drag. And for Savanah especially. However I am sure she would not feel comfortable living at Robyn's manse either.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I know Janelle is a self-proclaimed nomadic wild woman, but the idea of having to live my life out of boxes and suitcases, drag my horse-ass fire art everywhere I go, and going from rental to rental to squatting in an RV on a desolate piece of land to crashing at my son's place would be absolutely soul-crushingly exhausting....especially knowing that my pseudo-husband's wife is ensconced in a comfortable mansion with more than enough room to house Janelle and Savanah, at least short-term.  Janelle loves to pretend that she is A-OK with this free-wheeling lifestyle, but her weight and health tells another story.

And don't forget her bff clothing rack  stationary bicycle that she types love notes to that she misses when she is "on the road"

• LOL 9

Maybe we could start another discussion on the actual state of Janelle’s “marriage”? Until yesterday, I assumed she was in a fairly happy bromance with Kody who occasionally spent some time with her and that they considered themselves ‘married’.

But now, I’m not so sure anymore. Kody always said that he saw Janelle as a close friend and business partner. He always credited her for having some business instinct and being good with money (for a Brown). That’s why I find it so strange that Janelle is excluded from this business venture. Meri…I get it, Christine is out, but why not Janelle? 
Come to think of it, Kody seems notably absent from all her SM, travels and other trips too. She’s always with Plexass colleagues, Christine or one of her kids but never with Kody anymore.

Has this relationship finally hit the rocks too?

• Love 11

After putting her cashed in retirement money into the Utah plyg house and ending up with nothing (Kootie likely borrowed heavily against the house pre-TLC, leaving no value), Janelle is probably wise NOT to have her name on anything with Kootie & Robyn.  Christine selling her part of the Plague Pass for $10 and taking his name off her Flagstaff house may have been even steven (we don't know how much if anything Kootie put into Christine's house). It also freed up $300,000 more value in Coyote Pass for Kootie & Robyn to borrow against. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
On 8/20/2022 at 9:17 PM, LilyD said:

Maybe we could start another discussion on the actual state of Janelle’s “marriage”? Until yesterday, I assumed she was in a fairly happy bromance with Kody who occasionally spent some time with her and that they considered themselves ‘married’.

But now, I’m not so sure anymore. Kody always said that he saw Janelle as a close friend and business partner. He always credited her for having some business instinct and being good with money (for a Brown). That’s why I find it so strange that Janelle is excluded from this business venture. Meri…I get it, Christine is out, but why not Janelle? 
Come to think of it, Kody seems notably absent from all her SM, travels and other trips too. She’s always with Plexass colleagues, Christine or one of her kids but never with Kody anymore.

Has this relationship finally hit the rocks too?

I've been thinking this for some time now.  

• Like 3

Just read an article in which fans are praising Janelle for "doing such a fantastic job in raising her kids."  With all due respect, I believe the praises should go to Christine and Logan.   

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Just read an article in which fans are praising Janelle for "doing such a fantastic job in raising her kids."  With all due respect, I believe the praises should go to Christine and Logan.   

In the Lehi era, definitely.  She really was an absent mom with the eldest three, also because Kody could not provide for the whole family alone and someone else had to bring in the money as well. Christine cared for the kids back then.

But to me, it seems she has become more of a hands on mom with Gabe, Garrison and Savanah, taking more of an interest in their lives, struggles etc. Kody's growing absence from their lives may have forced her to take more control of course. But she has definitely stepped up from the mother she was 12 years ago. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, LilyD said:

In the Lehi era, definitely.  She really was an absent mom with the eldest three, also because Kody could not provide for the whole family alone and someone else had to bring in the money as well. Christine cared for the kids back then.

But to me, it seems she has become more of a hands on mom with Gabe, Garrison and Savanah, taking more of an interest in their lives, struggles etc. Kody's growing absence from their lives may have forced her to take more control of course. But she has definitely stepped up from the mother she was 12 years ago. 

One can work outside the home and still be a terrific, non-absentee mom…

• Like 10
  • Love 7

IIRC, Janelle has said she preferred to let Christine to do the lion's share of childrearing. Once they moved to LV Janelle and the kids were a little more isolated and once they moved to AZ, even more isolated, so she had to step up and parent. I don't think Janelle was a bad parent, but she more preferred the 1950s father role than the hands on mommy role.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

One can work outside the home and still be a terrific, non-absentee mom…

Absolutely, but that wasn't the case with Janelle when in Lehi. She has said she'd leave before the kids woke up and would often not be back until the youngest were in bed again. (I think it was in their book as well) She may not have had a choice in this though, with Christine not working as the principle carer, Princess Meri only working part-time and leaving just Kody and her to provide for 17 people.

That left just the weekend and with the entire family living together and spending time together, it must have been hard to really have quality time with your own kids.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
On 8/16/2022 at 7:03 PM, LilyD said:

I have done the soaking thing, did the quick version of that and never had good luck with dried beans.  No idea why.  I buy canned and rinse them.  

So now that Christine left, who is the basement wife?  Janelle or Meri?

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

From the kids forum, this appears to be Logan & Michelle's house.

First picture is Michelle and Logan’s, the second is the one from Janelle’s video.

0F4F7F5E-EB48-4161-B9E5-EBA63DB948A0.jpeg

3203985A-E19A-4F43-BA04-67184B90B152.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

It still blows my mind how Janelle always seems to be floundering around and winds up tossing some cauliflower, a couple limp stalks of celery, a can of cabbage and a few other past the due date ingredients into a frying pan to avoid fast food takeout, it NEVER looks appealing or tasty, it’s typically a big lump of grey overcooked crap on a chipped plate.

why doesn’t she plan her meals ahead of time?….it’s not like she’s cooking for a huge family, there’s millions of delicious recipes on the internet for every type of food, low fat or whatever your heart desires… you make a list, go to the store and buy everything you’ll need that week so you’ll have healthy, appetizing meals.. it’s so freaking simple and a lot easier than flying by the seat of your pants every single day and not knowing what you’ll cook or if you have the ingredients to put a proper meal together.… it just seems so crazy and ya I’d probably be looking at the drive through window too if I didn’t have a clue of what I was going to do about supper once I get home. 😵💫 
That would stress me out plus it’s difficult to know how much fat, sugar, calories or anything else you’re consuming when you’re just tossing random items into a frying pan at the last minute…. No Thanks!

Shes had this same scatter brained approach for years!! Literally years!! and it doesn’t look like anything is changing other than now she’s added a gallon of Plexass poison to her menu.  🤮

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

It still blows my mind how Janelle always seems to be floundering around and winds up tossing some cauliflower, a couple limp stalks of celery, a can of cabbage and a few other past the due date ingredients into a frying pan to avoid fast food takeout, it NEVER looks appealing or tasty, it’s typically a big lump of grey overcooked crap on a chipped plate.

why doesn’t she plan her meals ahead of time?….it’s not like she’s cooking for a huge family, there’s millions of delicious recipes on the internet for every type of food, low fat or whatever your heart desires… you make a list, go to the store and buy everything you’ll need that week so you’ll have healthy, appetizing meals.. it’s so freaking simple and a lot easier than flying by the seat of your pants every single day and not knowing what you’ll cook or if you have the ingredients to put a proper meal together.… it just seems so crazy and ya I’d probably be looking at the drive through window too if I didn’t have a clue of what I was going to do about supper once I get home. 😵💫 
That would stress me out plus it’s difficult to know how much fat, sugar, calories or anything else you’re consuming when you’re just tossing random items into a frying pan at the last minute…. No Thanks!

Shes had this same scatter brained approach for years!! Literally years!! and it doesn’t look like anything is changing other than now she’s added a gallon of Plexass poison to her menu.  🤮

THIS!! I’m always thinking the same thing: How is it possible that this woman is always so woefully unprepared and noob-ish when it comes to food? She’s had years to dial it in! She should know all the tricks by now and have her favorite go-to meals on deck for when she needs them.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

Absolutely, but that wasn't the case with Janelle when in Lehi. She has said she'd leave before the kids woke up and would often not be back until the youngest were in bed again. (I think it was in their book as well) She may not have had a choice in this though, with Christine not working as the principle carer, Princess Meri only working part-time and leaving just Kody and her to provide for 17 people.

They had to provide for 17 people because despite Janelle supposedly working 12 hours a day and Christine supposedly being miserable being confined to child care and living in the basement, they both continued to pop out kid after kid. It kills me to be on Meri's side, but she only had one kid, and it wasn't her responsibility to look after the 12 kids that Janelle and Christine and Kody decided to bring into the world when they had limited funds and no health insurance. I get tired of the poor me act from Janelle and Christine sometimes. They contributed to their own situations. Honestly, I don't think Janelle wanted to raise her own kids on a daily basis, so she worked to avoid it. 

• Like 7
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

but she only had one kid, and it wasn't her responsibility to look after the 12 kids

Could this be because contrary to what has been said, the children didn’t actually have multiple functioning mothers? Perhaps the women all being mothers to all the children wasn’t true either.

Shocking.

It didn’t make it wrong, IMO, that Janelle had a job outside the home, which for men or women, would obviously take time away from children. To me, that’s not escaping, it’s being employed.

• Like 9