Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Where did Christine sit?  Kootie said he never wanted to see her again.

Christine sat directly behind Janelle in the second row on the groom’s side. So Christine was across the aisle from Kody.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Just wanted to say that maybe we need to change the name of this topic. I know it’s been suggested before. 

If Janelle didn’t realise all the issues and challenges she was going to face by moving into a trailer without hookups, she’s not so smart. I think even everyone else wondered about water and hauling it, about levelling, about power and getting fuel for the generator. I mean come on, Janelle! It’s like living in the primitive back country only here there’s a roof over your head. Otherwise it’s the same. 

Why did she buy that thing instead of an RV you can drive? At least then you can empty your poo water and go places. They have cheap ones out there — they’re older, but they exist. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

30D22020-8263-46E3-B7F8-651C9E9DEEA8.jpeg

A98C458C-C329-4EAB-B5FA-C54898EB0CE5.jpeg

Oh that must have been amazing. I loved Flagstaff for its night sky viewing! The town overall is dimly lit for this reason. When I was in academy there, I ran up to the Lowell Observatory almost every day (great hill workout). Flagstaff is a great place for so many reasons, especially in Arizona where almost everywhere else (exceptions like Hualapai near Kingman) there’s few trees. Flag is probably the only town out west I’d ever consider living in (because, SO DONE with desert living). So expensive though, it’s kinda like NY that way. 

For driving at night Flag wasn’t so good. I almost hit so many things so many times! 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Before I got into trucking I really enjoyed astronomy as a hobbie.  I would love to live in a town such as Flagstaff, with its nod to lower light pollution.  🌌

Now, at night I enjoy seeing the back of my eyelids in a relatively quiet parking spot.  😴

• Like 10
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Oh that must have been amazing. I loved Flagstaff for its night sky viewing! The town overall is dimly lit for this reason. When I was in academy there, I ran up to the Lowell Observatory almost every day (great hill workout). Flagstaff is a great place for so many reasons, especially in Arizona where almost everywhere else (exceptions like Hualapai near Kingman) there’s few trees. Flag is probably the only town out west I’d ever consider living in (because, SO DONE with desert living). So expensive though, it’s kinda like NY that way. 

For driving at night Flag wasn’t so good. I almost hit so many things so many times! 

What kind of things?  NC has a terrible problem with deer at night.  It causes me to really hesitate night driving, especially in the fall and winter.  One hit my car a few years ago and totaled it.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I recall driving through Wyoming in the middle of the night and it was lined with low and high pairs of reflectors - the eyes of jackrabbits and deer - so many that you rarely saw just darkness.  It was nerve-wracking to watch for any movement indicating they were going to stop eating grass and run across the road.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Are we sure Janelle’s 5th wheel is in storage? Lol Maybe, TLC is getting these things at a discount for their cast members.  It’s reported that Jacob Roloff has bought one to put on his dad’s farm to live with his wife and child.  

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/6466393/little-people-big-world-jacob-roloff-moves-matt-farm/

Janelle's 5th wheel says "Milestone" on the side, the one in the link says something that starts with an S on it. So it isn't the same kind as hers.

• Useful 3
7 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Janelle's 5th wheel says "Milestone" on the side, the one in the link says something that starts with an S on it. So it isn't the same kind as hers.

That’s right.  I guess it must just be coincidental they both got a 5th wheel.  And, that TLC discount!  Lol just kidding.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Just wanted to say that maybe we need to change the name of this topic. I know it’s been suggested before. 

If Janelle didn’t realise all the issues and challenges she was going to face by moving into a trailer without hookups, she’s not so smart. I think even everyone else wondered about water and hauling it, about levelling, about power and getting fuel for the generator. I mean come on, Janelle! It’s like living in the primitive back country only here there’s a roof over your head. Otherwise it’s the same. 

Why did she buy that thing instead of an RV you can drive? At least then you can empty your poo water and go places. They have cheap ones out there — they’re older, but they exist. 

Just remove the “maybe” and replace with a sarc tag

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 10/23/2022 at 11:20 AM, SongbirdHollow said:

The irony is that if Kody had just stayed in one place to raise the families, the kids might have thought of it as “home” and he’d be closer to his dream of a patriarchal compound. Now they’re scattered to the four winds and completely fractured. He really screwed  it all up. 

I think the best thing to happen to those kids was the move to Las Vegas to expose them to more. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

I think the best thing to happen to those kids was the move to Las Vegas to expose them to more. 

And hopefully NONE of them will be polygamists, save some of Sobbyn's kids?  She fell into the shithouse and came out smelling like a rose.  Sobbyn would have us believe that she can't stand Kootie around all the time, but she's such a phony bitch, who can believe anything she says?  She may be teaching AROARa and Breanna in how to snag a polygamist ramen-headed jackass, and muscle their way into his favorite wife!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Janelle is driving across country?  Why would she be in Asheville?  That’s on the other side of the state from Greenville, NC, where Maddie lives.  It’s not on the way to an airport if you’re leaving Greenville either,  hmmm..

1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Janelle is driving across country?  Why would she be in Asheville?  That’s on the other side of the state from Greenville, NC, where Maddie lives.  It’s not on the way to an airport if you’re leaving Greenville either,  hmmm..

They were all just at Logan's wedding, so if driving back with Maddie and family, she is passing through the western side of the state to go to the eastern side of the state. I would guess that she then would fly back home to Arizona.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

They were all just at Logan's wedding, so if driving back with Maddie and family, she is passing through the western side of the state to go to the eastern side of the state. I would guess that she then would fly back home to Arizona.

They’re driving from AZ to NC!  Omg….that’s quite a trip.  

Did anyone see any Plexus at the wedding? 

• LOL 3
On 10/24/2022 at 3:42 AM, YupItsMe said:

I believe, from the pics I’ve seen, that everyone from the Brown family was there except for Mykelti, Tony, & Maddie’s husband.

Kody sat with Robyn in the 2nd row, Janelle sat with her kids on the first row, opposite side. 

Michelle has posted a lot of pics on her IG. 

There is a picture of Maddie and Caleb at the wedding over in the Maddie thread.

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

293FD75F-72C2-4889-BF76-C20CFDEE5FA5.jpeg

3A701589-6997-4F8F-8914-ECF5E8A8A0D7.jpeg

Janelle, hun, if calling FEDEX to send you a package tests your capabilities to deal with the real world at your age, then you'd NEVER MAKE IT as a hot trucker mama!!!  Sheesh, woman! 😝

OTOH, you looked quite lovely at Logan's wedding.  😉

• Like 10
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is Savannah at home alone attending school while Janelle drives to NJ?

Possibly, considering she isn't mentioned in the post. Don't think it's a bad thing though. She'll be 18 in a few weeks time and has family nearby. (I'm specifically thinking about Garrison and Gabe here, definitely not Kody) She may even stay with one of them, come to think of it?

• Like 6
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Janelle, hun, if calling FEDEX to send you a package tests your capabilities to deal with the real world at your age, then you'd NEVER MAKE IT as a hot trucker mama!!!  Sheesh, woman! 😝

Hm. I guess she must have run out of plextrash. Otherwise she would't have left her driver's licence in that clutch, right? I mean, mental clarity and all that...... 😉

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
On 10/25/2022 at 10:25 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

What kind of things?  NC has a terrible problem with deer at night.  It causes me to really hesitate night driving, especially in the fall and winter.  One hit my car a few years ago and totaled it.  

I watch a few traveling YouTubers.  Most try to avoid traveling from dusk to dawn, in order to avoid hitting animals.  Pretty much anywhere there is wildlife.  We don't have much where I live, but if I travel 1-2 hours in any direction yes they are around. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

One time we were driving overnight in Wyoming to drop off a customer load for earl y morning delivery when we came upon about 25 head of cattle loitering in the middle of the highway.  They had somehow escaped and were on their way to where I don't know.  🤫

We've had cattle, horse, deer, elk, caribou, bear, foxes, bobcat, pronghorn, and a moose challenge us to our road rights when we're out West.  When were in Florida it's the wild boar.  I spend my time during these night forays with my eyes darting back and forth across to the sides of the road, looking for eyeshine.  👀  We avoid driving late at night if we can avoid it.

• Like 10
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Janelle’s known response of,  “Google it” makes this funny.

Someone asked her how she checked into the hotel without  her license. Her response:

C0E8BDD8-46F4-4CD0-95C9-A1C6CC753EAE.jpeg

I’m dying to know where she stayed.  

• Like 1

I think Janelle looks really good lately.  I know some of you will scoff….but I am NOT attributing it to the pink nastiness.  I’m hoping it’s because she left the Kodouche stratosphere for good. 
I can’t even look at the pink drink crap.  Anyone else a kid in the 70s and 80s and has to take spoonfuls of liquid pink penicillin?  Makes me gag to this day, I was a sickly kid and had that a lot.  YUCK. 

• Like 11
  • Love 9
On 10/27/2022 at 8:05 PM, Meowwww said:

I think Janelle looks really good lately.  I know some of you will scoff….but I am NOT attributing it to the pink nastiness.  I’m hoping it’s because she left the Kodouche stratosphere for good. 
I can’t even look at the pink drink crap.  Anyone else a kid in the 70s and 80s and has to take spoonfuls of liquid pink penicillin?  Makes me gag to this day, I was a sickly kid and had that a lot.  YUCK. 

I think she is looking better also. 

• Like 7
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

To me, Janelle and Christine have always been more attractive than Meri or Sobyn.  They've also aged better IMO.  The picture taken of J & C at Logan's wedding was very nice.  

Even the prettiest woman in the world will look awful with nasty looks. Meri and Robyn have this aura of negativity around them and always look discontented. Christine smiles a lot and it reaches her eyes. Kind and smiling people are often considered attractive. Agree that Janelle and Christine have aged a lot better than Meri and Robyn.

Edited by LilyD
spelling and capital letter
  • Like 3
  • Love 8
On 10/25/2022 at 1:29 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

That’s right.  I guess it must just be coincidental they both got a 5th wheel.  And, that TLC discount!  Lol just kidding.  

I'm still suspicious.  Both shows have been on the air so long they've run out of ideas and I'm already suspicious that some of the OTT drama this season (particularly from Kody) is producer instigated.  They don't have to have bought them the same brand.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 10/25/2022 at 7:40 AM, TurtlePower said:

Actually, it's apparent that it really isn't saying much to maybe be smarter than the average Brown.  That bar is set pretty low.  

I think Janelle's problem is not that she lacks intelligence, but that she has very little to no self-esteem.    My fervent hope is that she's finding her own self-worth without a self-absorbed, sick-in-the-head, dickhead of a man along with 3 other willing-to-be-abused sister wives looking for any chance to drag her down 24/7. 

Polygamy is just so very, very wrong no matter how indoctrinated and brain-washed someone may be in it.   It's unnatural and creepy at its very core.   

• Like 7
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I'm still suspicious.  Both shows have been on the air so long they've run out of ideas and I'm already suspicious that some of the OTT drama this season (particularly from Kody) is producer instigated.  They don't have to have bought them the same brand.

Yeah, TLC definitely has running themes…..woman wants pregnancy, but is too old,  everyone needs a family vacation, someone birthing a baby, or family gathering and fight breaks out…..yawn.  Of course, unless something’s changed, Jacob and his family won’t be on the show.  As far as Kody’s behavior this season….well,  it’s bizarre that it’s difficult to believe that he would be good enough of an actor to pull it off, if it wasn’t real.  He’s not that talented, is he?  Lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 6
15 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

Polygamy is just so very, very wrong no matter how indoctrinated and brain-washed someone may be in it.   It's unnatural and creepy at its very core. 

When the show first aired years back, I tried to view this whole thing called polygamy with an open mind. I remember how the Browns said that they wanted to show what polygamy really was and how positive it could be.

Fast forward 10+ years: Look where we are now.... the Browns have completely failed their main goal. If anything, they have shown us that polygamy really is as bad as we thought it was. It really is a way of living that can never be fair to all involved and will always cause a lot of envy and general misery.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

Yeah, Kody now admits their mission is a failure.  He seems to have given up.  It’s difficult to make assumptions about their faith decisions, because they didn’t delve into the religious details that much on air.  But, what I did find is that the Browns attempted to show plural marriage as an awesome practice.  A lifestyle that affords many positives, expands the love, increases your blessings, and brings you much happiness.  However, it’s my understanding that plural marriage is not designed to bring the wives much happiness.  The Mormon teaching was to replenish the earth. The goal is to honor the “principle” and garner your rewards in the afterlife.  So, being a happy fulfilled woman on this planet is not the point. Honoring the teachings, submitting and caring for your husband and children is the focus.  Of course, I think the teaching infers the husband will tend to his wives.  I’m no expert, but that’s my understanding. Perhaps, more light will be shown on their faith and where it now stands if they get another season.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
34 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

But, what I did find is that the Browns attempted to show plural marriage as an awesome practice.  A lifestyle that affords many positives, expands the love, increases your blessings, and brings you much happiness

If we’d conveniently ignore the notion of jealousy for a second and assume the wives can be great friends and the husband divides his time and affection fairly, then maybe, just maybe,  this can bring many positives and happiness to some? 
Just speculating obviously. But honestly, I don’t see the human race able to get over things like jealousy and favoritism.

I have wondered if the Browns would still be together as a polygamous family without TLC. I’m guessing they would, as I’m assuming their church community would have kept them together no matter what…

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

I have wondered if the Browns would still be together as a polygamous family without TLC. I’m guessing they would, as I’m assuming their church community would have kept them together no matter what…

I also think they'd still be together. The church for sure would have been a holding force. But I also often think about the power of TLC in actually creating their reality. The show highlights drama and division and after time, it would be impossible to not look at your own experience through a producer's lens.

The idea of equal romantic love is a fantasy and not even the goal for most polygamous families. I honestly think Janelle is the only one who has always understood that. She never got lost in this fairy tale.  

They've all seen some blessings and yet also much pain through their mother's experiences. But those mothers were not chasing the "he loves us equally" goal. They were chasing the blessings they thought they got from god through living this way.  

So it was always odd to me that this family chose to do TLC and present the family as "see we have four equal romantic loving relationships."  I think Christine and Meri, unlike Janelle, really got lost in believing this version of their own story. And so it hurt more when Kody "failed."  Had they never had the show, they wouldn't have had to watch the loss of a fairly tale that never should have existed in the first place.

(disclaimer - I don't think any of this is right - I am just commenting on the AUB perspective)

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 8
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, LilyD said:

If we’d conveniently ignore the notion of jealousy for a second and assume the wives can be great friends and the husband divides his time and affection fairly, then maybe, just maybe,  this can bring many positives and happiness to some? 
Just speculating obviously. But honestly, I don’t see the human race able to get over things like jealousy and favoritism.

Technically, publicly, the Browns are still a plural family. Kody still has three wives, even though he has said that he really doesn't care if one of them (Meri) stays or goes. I also think that Janelle is either gone or has one foot out the door, but at least by what the Browns have said, they are now a family with one husband and three wives. Still plenty of sister-wifing going on.

I don't love the concept of polygamy, BUT... I do firmly believe that legally competent adults should be legally permitted to marry any other legally competent adult. This is part of the reason that I believe gay marriage should be legal. So I can't then say that marriage should be limited to two partners only. If all involved are consenting adults, who am I to say that a marriage should only be between two people? I personally wouldn't choose a plural marriage but I've come to believe that others should be able to choose it for themselves if that is what they want. By that logic, though, women should be able to have multiple husbands, or a man should be able to have multiple husbands or whatever configuration adults choose should comprise their spouse collection.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
On 10/29/2022 at 9:51 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, TLC definitely has running themes…..woman wants pregnancy, but is too old,  everyone needs a family vacation, someone birthing a baby, or family gathering and fight breaks out…..yawn.  Of course, unless something’s changed, Jacob and his family won’t be on the show.  As far as Kody’s behavior this season….well,  it’s bizarre that it’s difficult to believe that he would be good enough of an actor to pull it off, if it wasn’t real.  He’s not that talented, is he?  Lol

Oh I see him as the biggest actor out there.  He was acting when he was pushing the BS about how "wonderful" polygamy is and how happy-happy the family was, meanwhile we learned as the years went on that this was not the truth.  When it became impossible for him to keep spinning that fiction because the wives were getting more vocal about their dissatisfaction, he had to adopt a different tactic.  Right now he's more true to the truth but he's still pouring it on thick to increase the drama.  The main point is he'll do whatever he has to do if the network tells him it will bring in more viewers even if it makes him look like an ass in the process.  I don't think he cares at this point because he knows the wives have caused the viewers to hate him anyway.  He's over trying to convince us otherwise.  Like you said in the next quote, he now admits his mission is a failure.  It's been a failure for several years now only he's just now admitting it?  He's only admitting it now because he realizes it's the only way to keep the show on the air!

11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, Kody now admits their mission is a failure.  He seems to have given up.  It’s difficult to make assumptions about their faith decisions, because they didn’t delve into the religious details that much on air.  But, what I did find is that the Browns attempted to show plural marriage as an awesome practice.  A lifestyle that affords many positives, expands the love, increases your blessings, and brings you much happiness.  However, it’s my understanding that plural marriage is not designed to bring the wives much happiness.  The Mormon teaching was to replenish the earth. The goal is to honor the “principle” and garner your rewards in the afterlife.  So, being a happy fulfilled woman on this planet is not the point. Honoring the teachings, submitting and caring for your husband and children is the focus.  Of course, I think the teaching infers the husband will tend to his wives.  I’m no expert, but that’s my understanding. Perhaps, more light will be shown on their faith and where it now stands if they get another season.  

Exactly - and that's another big lie and acting role he took on - the one where he tried to present himself as the "enlightened" man on board with women's (and his wives') equality and rights when the truth is that his own beliefs couldn't be more opposed to that.  It became obvious to the audience over the years with the horrible misogynistic way he treated his wives.  Unfortunately these women have been so indoctrinated and bred in some cases to accept their lack of fulfillment as their role in life that they stuck with him in spite of his debasement and mistreatment of them.  The entire belief system is misogynistic and self-serving to men at its core.  Women are only there to satisfy men and produce and take care of their children, and their lives are not about their happiness or fulfillment at all.  And Kody is still acting surprised that Christine is not accepting this lot in life and has the "nerve" to put her happiness above his need to dominate her and keep her subjugated to him.  Janelle seems to still be accepting this situation but is doing so because it justifies her own lack of self respect so she can actually feel like she's getting what she feels she deserves, which is not much.  I don't buy that deep down she doesn't have needs that she is denying.  The religion has been making it easier for her not to have to deal with those needs because after all, it justifies her denial of them.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, LilyD said:

I agree because the whole reason why they're not together now is because the wives had more exposure after the show started to the non-polygamous world and the values of "liberated" modern women that don't buy into a misogynistic philosophy such as theirs.  It caused an enlightenment in them that Kody by himself was unable to stop from happening.  If they had stayed in Utah and never did the show they likely never would have started believing they deserved better than what they had, so they never would have started complaining and expecting better, and would have just blamed themselves whenever they felt they needed more than the crap he handed them.

If Kody wasn't such a narcissist he probably would be kicking himself that he didn't keep more control over his wives so something like that wouldn't happen.  And that would have involved keeping them isolated from the "modern" world in their own little milieu where they wouldn't have become "woke" to the mainstream values.

It always reminds me of the old song, "How ya gonna keep them down on the farm after they've seen Paree?"  LOL

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

And that would have involved keeping them isolated from the "modern" world in their own little milieu where they wouldn't have become "woke" to the mainstream values.

That wouldn't have been hard living in Lehi.  It's the money from the show that set the stage for the family imploding.  No money, no moves, no houses, no useless plots of land.  And probaby no Sobbyn because you know good and well she signed on for someone to pay the bills.

6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

The entire belief system is misogynistic and self-serving to men at its core.  Women are only there to satisfy men and produce and take care of their children, and their lives are not about their happiness or fulfillment at all. 

Pretty much the MO for all evangelical religions, poly or not.

• Like 4
  • Love 9