Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

So why are some of the siblings accepting of those other two issues, as far as the bible is concerned they are all a sin.

I think this happens in every religion. Some people follow every teaching and others employ more of a cafeteria approach. I was raised Catholic and there were plenty of families in our parish who were "devout" but also used birth control. 

This is another example of Robyn not knowing her place in the family. If Meri's job has always been cooking the Thanksgiving turkey, then let her cook the damn bird. Go find something else to cook ffs! Robyn always makes it about Robyn, and she wonders why she hasn't got a good relationship with Christine or Janelle...

I don't agree. That particular Thanksgiving was hosted in Robyn's home and she hadn't had the chance to make the family turkey. She wanted to do it and she asked Meri in advance. Why should Meri get to make the turkey every year just because it was her role, historically? 

Robyn may have committed multiple sins within the Brown family, but I don't think this was one of them.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Logan and Michelle (bought a house), Leon and Audrey (in Chicago, SLC and now Denver) and Gwen and Beatriz (Gwen announced on Instagram in August) have all lived together outside of marriage.

Oh I thought you meant someone besides them, when you said before marriage. 😁

Edited by ginger90
10 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think this happens in every religion. Some people follow every teaching and others employ more of a cafeteria approach. I was raised Catholic and there were plenty of families in our parish who were "devout" but also used birth control. 

I don't agree. That particular Thanksgiving was hosted in Robyn's home and she hadn't had the chance to make the family turkey. She wanted to do it and she asked Meri in advance. Why should Meri get to make the turkey every year just because it was her role, historically? 

Robyn may have committed multiple sins within the Brown family, but I don't think this was one of them.

As much as I loathe and despise Robyn, I agree with you.  It's Robyn's house, she's the host, and though it would be charitable of Robyn to let Meri cook the turkey, she's fully in her own wheelhouse to want to so, herself.  

Now, there's two words I never thought I would see in close proximity to each other, "Robyn" and "charitable".  ☺

• Like 4
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, gingerella said:

This is another example of Robyn not knowing her place in the family. If Meri's job has always been cooking the Thanksgiving turkey, then let her cook the damn bird. Go find something else to cook ffs! Robyn always makes it about Robyn, and she wonders why she hasn't got a good relationship with Christine or Janelle...

This. Even though I dislike Meri, it was cruel to take this away from her. 

Speaking of Robyn’s “place” in the family, I just read another article (yes I know the source has the word “gossip” in it) with Janelle’s aunt saying she believes Janelle is done with Kody. If there’s any truth to this, Janelle’s doing it completely different than Christine (The Public Announcement). I genuinely hope there’s some truth to all these rumours flying around because then it’ll just be Robyn and Meri left. 

They’re reportedly currently filming, even with Christine on her own. I hope Janelle reached a breaking point where she realised Kody doesn’t care about her anymore and that there was nothing there for her. After seeing the talking heads this season, she really should run for the hills. I’ll be there for it. 

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2022/11/janelle-browns-aunt-says-for-sure-my-niece-is-done-with-kody/

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Christine left Kody long before the 'made for TV' announcement. So rumors of Janelle leaving might be true. If true, her IG announcement will be posted right before the next season of Sister Wives.

As far as the turkey, I'd be like hell ya, please make the entire dinner and I'll show up with some Rice Krispy treats. 😁

But we all know Robyn wanted to make her husband a Thanksgiving dinner.

• Like 6
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

As much as I loathe and despise Robyn, I agree with you.  It's Robyn's house, she's the host, and though it would be charitable of Robyn to let Meri cook the turkey, she's fully in her own wheelhouse to want to so, herself.  

Now, there's two words I never thought I would see in close proximity to each other, "Robyn" and "charitable".  ☺

You know that bird was dry as can be 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Christine left Kody long before the 'made for TV' announcement. So rumors of Janelle leaving might be true. If true, her IG announcement will be posted right before the next season of Sister Wives.

I agree, Kody and Christine made their public announcements in November, 2021. The show isn’t up to that date yet. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

The Osmond family has been famous for their LDS beliefs for a long time, such as not drinking coffee, tea, caffeinated sodas, etc.  However, Marie publicly supports her daughter, who is a lesbian and her marriage to her wife in 2019.  I imagine the church isn’t thrilled about it, but I doubt they want to diss an Osmond.  

https://news.amomama.com/282015-marie-osmond-cried-when-her-child-said-s.html

I recall several shows about plural marriage families and they did enjoy alcohol.  Which makes me wonder if all the fundamental sects forbid alcohol consumption, like the LDS do.  I recall several of Kody’s wives drinking alcohol on the show, but not often.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

The AUB is opposed to alcohol.  Initially on the show the Browns wouldn't be shown consuming it or other forbidden drinks.  They wore the garments and dressed in accordance with AUB beliefs.  After they left Utah, their beliefs began to fall by the wayside.  Now, who knows if they truly have any religious beliefs left?

• Like 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

But we all know Robyn wanted to make her husband a Thanksgiving dinner.

And in her house, too. Oops, I mean their house.

Was hosting the dinner something else Robyn wrangled away from another wife, as well?  I got the impression that most large family fatherings were held at Christine's house.  Isn't that what Kody just recently said?  Or was Christine out of town, shamelessly defying Kody's covid protoculls? 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

And in her house, too. Oops, I mean their house.

Was hosting the dinner something else Robyn wrangled away from another wife, as well?  I got the impression that most large family fatherings were held at Christine's house.  Isn't that what Kody just recently said?  Or was Christine out of town, shamelessly defying Kody's covid protoculls? 

Yup, nobody would follow the Kovid protocols, so they weren't invited.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I just read another article (yes I know the source has the word “gossip” in it) with Janelle’s aunt saying she believes Janelle is done with Kody. If there’s any truth to this, Janelle’s doing it completely different than Christine (The Public Announcement). I genuinely hope there’s some truth to all these rumours flying around because then it’ll just be Robyn and Meri left. 

They’re reportedly currently filming, even with Christine on her own. I hope Janelle reached a breaking point where she realised Kody doesn’t care about her anymore and that there was nothing there for her. After seeing the talking heads this season, she really should run for the hills. I’ll be there for it. 

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2022/11/janelle-browns-aunt-says-for-sure-my-niece-is-done-with-kody/

This is not Janelle’s aunt. She is Christine’s aunt.  The one who Christine was afraid to be in a public restroom with while speaking at an event.  I am not sure she would have any more knowledge about Janelle than tv viewers have.  I can certainly hope Janelle has left though. 

• Applause 3
  • Useful 6
On 11/26/2022 at 9:16 AM, Elizzikra said:

Meri historically prepared the Brown family Thanksgiving turkey. Robyn wanted to do it that year and was nervous about asking Meri if that was ok. Meri said fine and appeared on Thanksgiving Day with a Rice Krispie Treat turkey stuffed with M&Ms.

I think that Kody was reasonably attractive in his younger years. He looks like a muppet in the opening credits. His hair is awful now but he could be ok looking if he would shave his head and keep his mouth shut.

That's what I was remembering. The Rice Krispy turkey!  Thank you!

On 11/26/2022 at 7:58 AM, TurtlePower said:

Unpopular opinion: I think Kody wouldn’t be so bad if he’d shave his head. It’s his personality that makes him so ugly and unlikeable. 

I totally agree with you about Kody's appearance. His corrupt soul is leaking. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, dariafan said:

You know that bird was dry as can be 

Oh Lawdy Lawdy!  Well, Robyn does require a huge amount of moisture for all of her salty tears, so there's none left in all of Flagstaff, especially for her Thanksgiving Day masterpiece.  😉

But, I KID Queen of Darkness!  I don't wanna be turned into a Precious Moments whatnot.  😳

• LOL 7
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I agree, Kody and Christine made their public announcements in November, 2021. The show isn’t up to that date yet. 

Fingers crossed for Janelle’s departure. I’ll be here for another season of watching Kody unravel like the crazy person he is and watch Robyn lie about how she wanted the family together. She only wants their financial contributions. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I saw on the previews for next week Kody telling Janelle that their relationship was never good (or something like that).  Is he just systematically trying to eliminate the non-Robyn wives and children?  

• Like 12
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, steff13 said:

I saw on the previews for next week Kody telling Janelle that their relationship was never good (or something like that).  Is he just systematically trying to eliminate the non-Robyn wives and children?  

I’m sure that’s his goal.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4

The weird thing is, Kody is not telling Janelle anything she doesn't know, nor did he tell Christine anything she didn't know. From what we've heard, Janelle and Kody have been 'only buddies' since Lehi. Meri and Kody haven't had a relationship since the catfish and Christine and Kody have been 'only buddies' since NV.

Kody has not-so-quiet quit Janelle and Christine years ago, I'm not getting why Janelle is acting surprised - like, she was there.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

I am thinking Janelle was surprised Kody was saying it while being filmed and that they had agreed to pretend that they were still a monogamist family to keep the money rolling in.    

IIRC, both Janelle and Kody have alluded to the fact that they've been in a platonic, buddy-like relationship, starting in the early episodes.

I'm not sure how a polygamist relationship is defined and does it have to include sex, but IMO, they all seemed to believe and behave as a polyg family until Christine left.

• Like 4

Well, since Janelle may have  known she and Kody were not really operating as married, she may be angry he outed her on the show.  She may have been ok with that arrangement and liked getting her $100,000.  (Speculating on that figure)TLC salary.  No matter what a hole Kody can be, it might be worth filming  a few weeks a year and hanging out for a few photos.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The weird thing is, Kody is not telling Janelle anything she doesn't know, nor did he tell Christine anything she didn't know. From what we've heard, Janelle and Kody have been 'only buddies' since Lehi. Meri and Kody haven't had a relationship since the catfish and Christine and Kody have been 'only buddies' since NV.

Kody has not-so-quiet quit Janelle and Christine years ago, I'm not getting why Janelle is acting surprised - like, she was there.

I think Janelle thought they had a “good” relationship as far as both of their understandings went—that they had a spiritual marriage/financial partnership/ friendship, etc. And now, that scam-artist shyster Kody is looking to push Janelle out— but not before he can think of a “creative” way to wrest any money or share of CP from her.

I would go so far as to say that Kody and Meri’s relationship suffered way before the catfish. The catfish situation did not happen in a vacuum. Meri thought bringing Robyn into the family and later divorcing Kody so that Robyn could marry him would help her relationship. Boy, was she wrong. Kody was besotted by his new, younger wife. It seemed that he only went to Meri’s when he wanted a break from Robyn’s— not because he wanted Meri. 

• Like 4
  • Love 5

Kody used Meri, at least in Nevada, for a clean, quiet house where he could escape and relax and possibly have a nice meal and some not child centered conversation.  Meri wanted more and when she thought she'd found it elsewhere, she was ready to bail.  

• Like 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

I'm afraid we're going to have to change the name of this thread folks, because clearly Janelle wasn't the smart one, Christine was!

The Browns have changed so much many of the title threads don't fit anymore. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 2

Mrs. Robyn Brown: Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes

Janelle: All I Need is Christine. And Money. All I need is Christine and Money

Mrs. Meri Brown: Want Stupid Prizes, Play Stupid Games

Kody: Wait a Minute and Let Me Gaslight You

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

I want to grab Janelle and tell her like Cher told Ronnie "Snap out of it."  She is so delusional about Coyote Pass. She is never going to have a house there. And If she spends one more cent on this she needs to be committed. No one else wants to build there. She made a comment that the money that she has to put down on Christine's house would pay off Coyote Pass. I wanted to scream DON'T DO IT Janelle. Save your money and keep it separate from Kody and Robyn.  I have a bad feeling that Kody's aim is to get all of the lots in his name and Robyn's. Then he will sell it to a developer and keep the money. 

According to what I read Janelle owns 6.44 acres of this property. This is her share of the losts that she co-owns with Kody and Roby. She seems to have an inflated idea of the value of this property. 

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 1

I wish Janelle would ask Kody, on camera, for the money she gave Robyn for her house and whatever the value is of 1/4 of CP. Then watch Kody deny her - on camera - then find a good pro bono lawyer, preferably from Utah, and serve Kotex with a palimony-type law suit. He's the baby daddy of her six kids. She deserves to leave with something. Also sue him for child support and college tuition for Savannah. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, steff13 said:

We’ll see…anyone remember the “What does the nanny do?-scene? It wasn’t even close to what we were all expecting. Just clever editing to keep the viewers watching. I think this is going to be the same….

• Like 4
8 hours ago, gingerella said:

then find a good pro bono lawyer, preferably from Utah, and serve Kotex with a palimony-type law suit. He's the baby daddy of her six kids. She deserves to leave with something. 

Sounds good but it won’t happen. I highly doubt she’d be able to get a family law attorney for free, and Arizona  doesn’t do palimony.

As far as child support, Savanah turns 18 next week.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

I don't think that Janelle has a prayer of getting her money back from Kody and Robyn. They will claim it was a gift and unless she has a promissory note or something else in writing that money is not going to be returned to her. But she can keep the heat on them by bringing this up and telling the world just how much she gave them. Keep making them look like the scum that they are for taking money from a single mom so that they could  purchase a $900.000 home while single mom is forced to live in a tiny apartment. I wonder if her adult children knew that she was doing this?

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

There must be a paper trail of the house money because Janelle and Meri would be required to pay taxes on it because they didn't buy another house. Plus any monetary gifts over $10,000 (?) are also taxed, so the receiver would need to pay. Also banks are required to report to the FDIC any deposits of $10,000 or more.

Do public records show secondary owners of properties? Maybe Meri and Janelle actually co-own the mansion.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 1
  • Useful 5

I'm pretty sure it was $15,000 when they made the gifts. Also the IRS has some complicated way that any money over that amount can be annualized ( I think that 's the term) over the giver's life time limit of 11.58 million before gift taxes are incurred by the giver. Were  the Vegas houses  in thier names and Kody's name? I can't imagine how complicated their tax returns must be. But I sure wold like to know how much they gave her. 

• Like 5

I don't know who the houses were titled to, but according to articles online, the Browns made more than $400,000 after selling all 4 homes. Around $100,000 each. That's assuming they were still mainly paying on the interest of their homes and assuming they didn't make any major improvements or repairs on the homes.

If Kody was on all the mortgages, I wonder how it would work for Meri and Janelle tax wise, because they didn't purchase homes, but Kody did. I don't think buying land counts as buying a house to the IRS. So if they put, say, $400,000 into the family account, bought two houses in Robyn, Kody and Christine's names, I think Meri and Janelle would still be taxed on their $100,000 each, or possibly $50,000 each because Kody bought a home.

And yes, I agree their finances and taxes must be crazy messy.

• Like 6
On 11/26/2022 at 11:04 AM, GeeGolly said:

I'm pretty sure we have Robyn to thank for his curly-Qs. I think I remember him being amazed that she showed him how to "make his curls work".

I just figured out what the nanny does - she watches the kids while Robyn and Kody go into the bathroom for hours and take turns banana-curling each other's hair.  That explains why  they're sporting similar hairstyles lately.  The gel budget for that house must be insane.

On 11/28/2022 at 9:17 AM, steff13 said:

I saw on the previews for next week Kody telling Janelle that their relationship was never good (or something like that). 

And he was leaning right up in her face as he said it - he must know that he has to turn the gaslight jet up to "11" when dealing with Janelle.  It was gross, and that was only the preview.  I just wish she'd slapped him out of her personal space.

18 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I want to grab Janelle and tell her like Cher told Ronnie "Snap out of it."  She is so delusional about Coyote Pass. She is never going to have a house there.

This is what I can't figure out about Janelle.  She HAS to know that CP is never going to happen - she had to have known it ages ago.  So her insistence on plopping that RV on CP as a way to save money to pay the land and build - what is her motivation?  She cannot be that stupid - she's been married to this guy forever and she's seen the wreckage that Robyn has strewn in her path...I just can't wrap my head around Janelle thinking she was going to force Kody's hand regarding CP while also knowing deep down that it was never going to happen.  I used to think she just really wanted an RV and used the CP narrative as leverage to get it, but I just don't know.  Can she be both smart and stupid at the same time?

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Can she be both smart and stupid at the same time?

Yes.

Also, desire can mess with your brain. Think back two and a half years when covid started. Almost everyone who had a flu-like illness earlier in 2020, decided their illness was covid. They did this because it made them feel safer and possibly immune from reinfection.  If they were told that a previous infection made them more susceptible to getting covid again, those same folks would have turned their previous flu-like illnesses around in their head and believed they had the flu or a really bad cold.

Janelle is desperate. Her "estate" is tied up in CP. She wants and needs CP to happen.

That and she's also both smart and stupid.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
14 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Can she be both smart and stupid at the same time?

Yes. I've been wondering how much of her passivity this season has been orchestrated so the real drama was Christine-Kody. I can't believe - don't want to believe - that Janelle is so stupid that she's not aware of what's going on and plotting her moves.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Could it be that Janelle just does not want to engage her brain and "goes along to get along" (as much as she can) until Savannah starts college this upcoming fall and she officially has an "empty nest".

I personally think that Janelle will end up in a pet friendly apartment/townhome somewhere in Flagstaff with two bedrooms (in case one of her kids wants to come visit) and will keep doing the MLM thing, visit Logan and Hunter in NV (or is Hunter on the east coast, I cannot remember), Maddie in NC, Gabe and Garrison are staying in Flagstaff and wherever Savannah wants to go to college, she will probably hang out with whichever brother is closest.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I don't think that Janelle has a prayer of getting her money back from Kody and Robyn. They will claim it was a gift and unless she has a promissory note or something else in writing that money is not going to be returned to her. But she can keep the heat on them by bringing this up and telling the world just how much she gave them. Keep making them look like the scum that they are for taking money from a single mom so that they could  purchase a $900.000 home while single mom is forced to live in a tiny apartment. I wonder if her adult children knew that she was doing this?

As I mentioned before, she needs to put a lien on everything Robyn and Kody own.  Maybe start a civil lawsuit.  She's got secrets that I am sure Robyn and Kody don't want out.  Play hardball Janelle. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Janelle has been packaged and sold to us as the intelligent, practical one. She speaks well and seems level headed. But if we look at her actual track record, she's made many questionable decisions (starting with converting to "the principle"). Any reasonable person would see that Kody does not want to personally build on CP. That dream died with the death of his "one house" concept. So either Janelle's blinders are extremely thick in this one instance - or she's just not the logical person she sells herself to be. And/or TLC is driving this storyline to keep the tension and drama alive. And/or - a bit of all of the above perhaps.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

If Janlle can't get her money back from Kody and Robyn then she should write a tell all book and spill the damn tea on them. Janelle, girrrll! Don't tell us on camera that 'Robyn has lots of issues', shown us the receipts girl. Show.Us.The.Receipts.

Edited by gingerella
  • Like 2
  • Wink 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 11/28/2022 at 10:15 AM, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

I am thinking Janelle was surprised Kody was saying it while being filmed and that they had agreed to pretend that they were still a polygamist family to keep the money rolling in.    

They’re probably trying to get their audience all interested in next season!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Sounds good but it won’t happen. I highly doubt she’d be able to get a family law attorney for free, and Arizona  doesn’t do palimony.

Exactly and especially not someone on a reality TV show who theoretically can pay for the service.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1